Skip over navigation

Facebook TMI

By Kathryn_WilliamsApril 27, 2009
Slowly and grumpily, we're getting used to the New Twitter Facebook. But we're still struggling with the barrage of boring, oversharing, TMI-ing status updates. We've decided there are a few things no one—not us, not you, not Ashton—should share with the world.... More  →

Meet SparkNotes' New FaceTwit

By Emily WinterApril 23, 2009
Okay, this FaceTwit thing really has to stop. Sparklers, ignore the headline above! Oh fine, hi, I'm Emily, a SparkLife writer who just joined the fabulous team of editors, and yesss, okay, it's true, I'm running our Facebook and Twitter accounts.... More  →

CYA-Neva: Guidelines for Digital Dumping

By Chris_DikenApril 22, 2009
You’ve probably heard at least a snippet of that old tune “Breakin' Up Is Hard To Do.” Well, we at SparkNotes would like to revise that sentiment, because technology now makes breaking up much easier to do. Conversations starting with “I feel like... More  →

Managing Limbo Friends: A Virtual Primer

By Katie_RolnickApril 10, 2009
You know all those friend requests that you haven't answered? The ones that are just sitting there, tormenting you every time you log into your Facebook or myspace account? We have 'em too, and we're just as unsure about what to do with our limbo friends as you are. Accept them,... More  →

GIVE ME THE INTERNET

By Emily WinterApril 7, 2009
Say there's this girl. Uh, a friend of a friend of a friend. Yeah. Let's just call her SparkPlotes. And uh, SparkPlotes forged a signature on a permission slip—long story—anyway, her high school wasn't too happy. Mind you, we don't know SparkPlotes, and we'd never do... More  →

Facebook Facelift

By Katie_RolnickMarch 11, 2009
Like you, we ignored that box at the top of our Facebook home page. You know, the one that said, "Changes to the Home page are coming soon." It was up there for, like, weeks and we all ignored it. But you should check it out. Facebook is getting a... More  →

D'oh! Sucker Scams and Other Embarrassing Moments

By Katie_RolnickMarch 10, 2009
Here at SparkNotes, we pride ourselves on our youthful technological savvy. But there are times when we're rudely reminded that no one is immune to web crimes. Just a few weeks ago, I fell prey to a g-chat phishing scam. A chat popped up that said, "lol check out... More  →

Myspace vs. Facebook: The Verdict is In

By Emily WinterMarch 6, 2009
You know what really thrashes our tail? As much as the media talks about the MySpace/Facebook Rivalry, no one ever seems to want to declare the winner. For example, just this week, USA Today "wondered" if Facebook's newest improvements put them ahead of... More  →

Videogamey

By Jeff_AlexanderMarch 3, 2009
Are you a serious gamer? Like, really, really serious? Well, we know how to fix that. It's a website called Videogamey, which pokes fun at some aspect of virtually every game and platform you can think of. Regularly updated with hilarious encyclopedia-style entries by... More  →

Five Ways to Keep Up with President Obama Online

By Chris_DikenFebruary 26, 2009

Ever since Barack Obama stopped updating his Twitter account, we at SparkNotes have been adrift. Back in the day, Twitter made tracking the President-Elect’s progress so easy: Barack Obama is at “Change We Need” rally in Henderson, Nevada; now he’s launching a

... More  →