Skip over navigation

Open Thread for September 14

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 14, 2010
bookworkm385 sent us this gnarly-rad sick pic of a bike flip, yo. (Did we sound genuinely cool just then? Actually, don't answer that.)... More  →
Open Thread for September 14

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1E

By Sarah PeregoySeptember 13, 2010
Yo, Sparklers! I'm your comment-reading/birthday-scouring/loving-every-minute-of-it intern, here to bring you the next round of the SparkNotes Academy Flag contest. These flags are epic, y’all. I am super-jealous of how high-tech and computer-savvy your flags make you seem. I imagine that you’re all like Emily, who can... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1E

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 13, 2010
Annnnnnd...WE'RE BACK. (And cuter than ever, as evidenced by this image of Tiger, submitted by muffinsarejustbetter.) We know you missed us terribly last Monday, but our absence has its upside: as we didn't post a new Cute... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

QUIZINATOR: Sparkler Series—Part 1!

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 13, 2010
Last week, as you may recall, we asked, nay, begged, for your finest quiz submissions—and you, as ever, came through, delivering a dozen phenomenal quizzes directly to our inbox. We wish we could shower you with thank-you gifts, but our budget is already stretched to the limit (we... More  →
QUIZINATOR: Sparkler Series—Part 1!

Open Thread for September 13

By Emily WinterSeptember 13, 2010
This is the dawning of the age of aquarium. Age of aquarium. Age of aquariiiiiiiiuuuuuuuum. home9310 says... If you look close you can see a fish that resembles Dory (from Finding Nemo) in the background! Send your pics to contribute@sparknotes.com! ... More  →
Open Thread for September 13

Open Thread for September 12

By EmmaSeptember 12, 2010
What's going on with this goat? Is he getting low? Impersonating a slobby human watching TV? Taking a little break after going for a jog? Trying to recover after hearing terrible news? Thanks for mystifying us, Dont_Panic_42! Send your ambiguous pictures to contribute@sparknotes.com for... More  →
Open Thread for September 12

Open Thread for September 11

By EmmaSeptember 11, 2010
It's Fashion Week in New York. How appropriate, then, that today's OT features ESKan's tres chic guinea pig, Max. Note the perfectly-coiffed whiskers, Blue Steel gaze, and fashion-forward accessorizing. Also note that Max is a girl. Gender-bending is so hot for 2010. Send your runway... More  →
Open Thread for September 11

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterSeptember 10, 2010
BillyBobJoeAKACheeseAKASeth is so angry at us! We didn't acknowledge his birthday, we puked on his favorite SparkLife flag, and we ate his dog for dinner. That's pretty much what he said in this comment: @sparkitors- i am very sad i told you guys that it... More  →
The Friday Awards

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1D

We've got it allllllll figured out... There will be FOUR to SIX more days of Round 1, and there will be THREE rounds total: The Mosh Pit (round 1), the Semi-Sweet Milk Chocolate Finals (round 2), and The Freakin' FINALLY Finals (round 3). As you may... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1D

Open Thread for September 10

Even if the photographer doesn't know it, this pic is obviously meant to symbolize modern man's inability to escape temptation, despite how many times he tries to turn away from it. Compared to temptation, even the most slick and successful modern man is small and... More  →
Open Thread for September 10