Skip over navigation

Open Thread for September 4

By EmmaSeptember 4, 2010
The Sparkler who snapped these clouds says, "This really looks like a rat." Maybe it's because we're woozy from hunger, but we don't see it. We say that big patch of blue is a puddle of maple syrup, and the little patch is a fried egg.... More  →
Open Thread for September 4

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterSeptember 3, 2010
Heyyyyy there, Sparklers. Welcome your bad self back to The Friday Awards, also known as The SparkLife Academy Weekly Meeting. Today we have a SparkLife Academy flag update! So far, we've got 12 entries for the SparkLife Academy... More  →
The Friday Awards

Open Thread for September 3

By Emily WinterSeptember 3, 2010
Sparkler angi4 spotted this little guy on a vacation with her family in Seattle. Are you surprised? Shouldn't be. Everyone knows Seattle is GNOME COUNTRY.... More  →
Open Thread for September 3

Blogging My SparkLife Rejection

By ContributorSeptember 2, 2010
mrscooper, we applaud you for your perseverance—and we hope that publication is all you dreamed of and more!—Sparkitors All Sparklers love reading the hilarious posts published daily on SparkLife—and we all secretly dream of getting one published ourselves. We... More  →
Blogging My SparkLife Rejection

Open Thread for September 2

By Emily WinterSeptember 2, 2010
rebeckerzx3 describes this better than we can... This is part of a posterboard-sized birthday card my friends and I once sent to another friend. As you can see, it's a pimped out Uno card. oh yes. Send your pics to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for September 2

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 1, 2010
It seems that Marcel the Shell made quite the impression last week: you people either wanted to adopt him or to put a toothpick through his eye (we're paraphrasing here, but you get the gist). Despite the controversy and several low blows (negative numbers, guys?... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Open Thread for September 1

By Emily WinterSeptember 1, 2010
We LOVE braised kids! Especially older kids, who've been marinating in Doritos and teen angst. Yummmmmm. Thanks, hanini_panini for sending us a pic of our favorite dish! hanini_panini says... Hi! So I went to this restaurant today, and saw this on the menu and immediately thought... More  →
Open Thread for September 1

Open Thread for August 31

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 31, 2010
You know when you're vaguely creeped-out by something, but you can't stop laughing about it? Yeah, that's sort of what's happening to us right now, thanks to this photo submitted by beagle48644, who said: My sister likes to play with barbies.  And what makes... More  →
Open Thread for August 31

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 30, 2010
This little fella, photographed by noisettepancake, is so cute that we just want to EAT HIM UP. But we mean that in a completely non-creepy way. Sort of. Maybe not, though. It's hard to say. Help us clarify our feelings by writing us... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Open Thread for August 30

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 30, 2010
Though we would NEVER condone the wasting of a perfectly good marshmallow, we gotta say, Dont_panic__42: if you don't wanna eat 'em, building small towers with 'em seems like a pretty good alternative. Have you considered a career in cereal architecture?... More  →
Open Thread for August 30