Skip over navigation

Writing a Sparkler Post in 6 Not-So-Easy Steps

By ContributorMarch 19, 2010
Sparkler jewbiegirl hate us?!??!?!??! Nooooooooooooo! —SparkNotes editors Out of the many things I’ve tried in my life, writing a SparkNotes post has been one of the hardest. I’d like to warn everybody about the steps they will most likely go through as they try... More  →
Writing a Sparkler Post in 6 Not-So-Easy Steps

Open Thread for March 19

By Emily WinterMarch 19, 2010
This morning at 5:30 a.m., a truck broke outside of this editor's apartment. She thought it was the apocalypse. Did you know it's really hard to get back to sleep after you think it's the apocalypse? Due to lack of sleep and residual mental chaos from... More  →
Open Thread for March 19

Tweets of the Distant Future

By Robert IsenbergMarch 18, 2010
What will the future bring? Androids and space travel? Grimy dystopian cities, full of cyber-crime and smog? Whatever happens, Twitterers will report on it in 140-character updates. Here are some messages we might read on our triquarters: ZOMG I <3 hoverboards!!!! Flying saucer parked me in. WTH?! Ril... More  →
Tweets of the Distant Future

Open Thread for March 18

By Emily WinterMarch 18, 2010
We love the e-mail we got with this pic from Sparkler MistySilvermace, so we decided to share it: Hi, this is MistySilvermace... I thought I'd contribute my photo of my two Burmese cats, Maya and Kiki- Kiki is the one with the freaky glowy... More  →
Open Thread for March 18

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterMarch 17, 2010
We're overrun with Awesome Things! We have 1000 Awesome Things, and one of those Awesome Things is called 1000 Awesome Things! *convulses on the floor* We need to make room in our inbox. We need... multiple Awesome Things today. Okay? Okay. Thing 1: The Salmon... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Become a Scriptwriter in 30 Days...Or Else!

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 17, 2010
If you’re wondering why I’m staying up all night with my hands hovering over the computer keyboard as I stare impatiently at the calendar, it’s because Script Frenzy is about to begin in just (eek!) fifteen days. So, I better make this quick. What... More  →
Become a Scriptwriter in 30 Days...Or Else!

Open Thread for March 17

By Emily WinterMarch 17, 2010
Happy St. Patrick's Day, Sparklers! Did you know that anyone can celebrate St. Patrick's Day, even if they're not Irish? Here's how: 1. Throw some green confetti into the air. 2. Do a jig. 3. When a ginger falls in a puddle, mumble something about "the luck of... More  →
Open Thread for March 17

Open Thread for March 16

By Emily WinterMarch 16, 2010
This fresh water stingray is named Hoover, and belongs to Sparkler Dominio77. A pet stingray?!?!? Scary! Doms, does Hoover let you feel his velvety soft underside, or tickle your scalp by playfully sucking up some of your hair, or... you know what? We think... More  →
Open Thread for March 16

Cute Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterMarch 15, 2010
Sparklers, meet Lucky. Lucky belonged to skysquirrel417, who says he was her best friend from 1st grade until he passed away recently. Doesn't Lucky look so peaceful staring out the window of skysquirrel417's car? We love this pic because it was taken of Lucky's... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Open Thread for March 15

By Emily WinterMarch 15, 2010
"Beware the ides of March," a soothsayer warned Caesar, according to Shakespeare. Apparently, the ides of March (aka March 15) are still terrifying, because people have been tweeting about it all morning. Even more terrifying is that your editors used to think the line... More  →
Open Thread for March 15