Skip over navigation

Open Thread for February 21

By EmmaFebruary 21, 2010
We love the Olympics. But we have a major problem with them: not NEARLY enough Johnny Weir. Okay, so his event is over. Does that mean he has to disappear from our lives? Can't he comment on the ice dancing, or weigh in with fashion tips... More  →
Open Thread for February 21

Open Thread for February 20

By EmmaFebruary 20, 2010
We don't post articles on Saturday or Sunday, because we are very busy: * Watching Super Nanny on our laptops * Getting pedicures * Sleeping until 3 p.m. (not kidding) * Eating bagels, lox, fries, spicy tomato-based drinks, and maybe half an order of pancakes * Going to the gym *... More  →
Open Thread for February 20

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterFebruary 19, 2010
Chin up, sad sacks! We don't want to make you cry because of the commenting explosion! The commenting explosion is a good problem; we'd rather have zillions of enthusiastic writers and readers than two dumbheads with nothing to say except, "my butt itches... More  →
The Friday Awards

The New Commenting Rules

By Emily WinterFebruary 19, 2010
The recent explosion of comments made us editors realize a few things: * If SparkLife were an actual room, it would be the size of a high school gym. A high school gym with 4,723,938 teenagers packed inside. * Can you smell that? That's the smell of... More  →
The New Commenting Rules

Open Thread for February 19

By EmmaFebruary 19, 2010
This is home9310's dog, Lillie, wearing her Snuggie. There's really nothing to add, is there? This level of cuteness speaks for itself. Commence the Friday open thread!!!!!... More  →
Open Thread for February 19

Open Thread for February 18

By EmmaFebruary 18, 2010
I couldn't stop hacking up a lung at 4 a.m., so I took some Nyquil cough syrup. BIG MISTAKE. I'm like a shaky zombie this morning. What's the emoticon for dead-eyed Sparkitor? X-( ? Announcements, Pleas, Questions, and Snuggies * gummybeararmygeneral, I'm an ex-ballet dancer!!!!... More  →
Open Thread for February 18

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterFebruary 17, 2010
We could write haikus upon limericks about this week's Awesome Thing, but we think the Sparkler who submitted it, themarebear, described it best: "This guy has to be a ninja. He is way too awesome to be a normal person. A normal person this... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Open Thread for February 17

By Emily WinterFebruary 17, 2010
Did you know rebel_of_nowhere's dog is afraid of peanut butter? Or that ragster96 hates junior year? Or that my left hand and probably my face are completely covered in blue ink?!?!??! Noooooooooo! How did this happen? I must go investigate. (I... More  →
Open Thread for February 17

Introducing Open Threads

By Emily WinterFebruary 16, 2010
We've noticed you Sparklers have a problem: you want to chat on SparkLife, but you don't have a centralized place to do it. We understand. And we think it's gotta be pretty friggin' annoying for you guys when you're chatting away in one post, only to... More  →
Introducing Open Threads

Cell Phone Obituaries

By Robert IsenbergFebruary 16, 2010
We hope the following rest in peace... or pieces: Motorola Brute: Though only two months old when it met its end, the Brute led an eventful life: Made 2 a.m. call to ex-boyfriend to "work things out," called AAA when Dad's Prius broke down,... More  →
Cell Phone Obituaries