Skip over navigation

Open Thread for July 6

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 6, 2010
And....WE'RE BACK. This editor had a LOVELY weekend back home in Colorado—three days full of hamburger-pancake sandwiches, extremely unsafe firework explosions, and the best family and friends EVER. Now it's back to the grind, but this pic, sent by According2Me, is a great reminder... More  →
Open Thread for July 6

Open Thread for July 5

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 5, 2010
VACATION VACATION VACATION VACA—oh, sorry Sparklers, we didn't see you there. We were too busy screaming that ingenious "vacation" song we just made up and celebrating the fact that WE GET TODAY OFF (it's a national holiday in the US). We know you hate it... More  →
Open Thread for July 5

Open Thread for July 4

By EmmaJuly 4, 2010
Happy Independence Day, Sparklers!!!!! July 4th is all about hot dogs, national pride, flip-flops, the Founding Fathers, annnnnd.... Fireworks, and their smaller cousins, sparklers! Yes, we think of July 4th as the ultimate Sparkler Appreciation Day. Have an extra hot dog to congratulate... More  →
Open Thread for July 4

Open Thread for July 3

By EmmaJuly 3, 2010
We can't tell if we want to kiss 11ksande's turtle on the nostrils, or put him in jail for murder. This is my attack turtle, Speedy. He is vicious and can bite through wood and sneaker-plastic. Do not be fooled by his cuteness and/or... More  →
Open Thread for July 3

The Friday Awards

By Sarah PeregoyJuly 2, 2010
Hey there, Sparklers! Happy Friday! It's your SparkIntern here to bring you my first-ever FRIWARDS while Emily's on vacation. I’m so excited!! Did you know that I scour through all your comments every week? You Sparklers are so... More  →
The Friday Awards

Open Thread for July 2

By Emily WinterJuly 2, 2010
A mystery Sparkler sent this pic of the cutest No Smoking sign ever. We didn't even know that was a cuteness category til we opened her e-mail. *hangs head in shame* This ed would ask for your nickname, mystery S, but she's on a plane... More  →
Open Thread for July 2

Open Thread for July 1

By Emily WinterJuly 1, 2010
Ewwwww, guess what, Sparklers? This ed just heard on NPR that the flagship Hollister store in Manhattan (SoHo to be exact) is temporarily closed because it's INFESTED WITH BED BUGS. Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. As someone who has an actual, for medical realzies allergy to bed bugs, this... More  →
Open Thread for July 1

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerJune 30, 2010
Apparently, we were a little late on the uptake with Potter Puppet Pals, as we only just discovered their existence LAST WEEK. So we apologize for the gross oversight we committed when failing to post The Mysterious Ticking Noise; we were... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Open Thread for June 30

By Emily WinterJune 30, 2010
Laifelle says... I have a photo that you might like for the Open Thread. This is my puppy Rafe when he was two months old. He was tiny, like seven inches long. Sometimes when we'd pick him up he'd make this funny noise. It... More  →
Open Thread for June 30

Open Thread for June 29

By Chelsea DaggerJune 29, 2010
Is this not THE MOST BEAUTIFUL DOG YOU HAVE EVER LAID EYES UPON?! This editor thinks it is, and this editor is never wrong. Her name is Daisy, and she's owned by ItsRainingJellybeans, who we are now extraordinarily jealous of.... More  →
Open Thread for June 29