Skip over navigation

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerJune 9, 2010
Guys, you're never going to believe what will happen when you watch this week's video: YOU WILL ALL BECOME MILLIONAIRES. Yes, that's right: after you watch this clip, the very sky above you will open up and unleash a thunderstorm of riches. $20 bills will... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Open Thread for June 9

By Emily WinterJune 9, 2010
"Yes, I'd like that extra large pizza with extra cheese delivered to 123 Eat Ave. ...Not 'East Ave.,' Eat Ave. ...No, I'm not joking. It's really called Eat Avenue. ...I don't know, that's where my parents moved to. ...No, I'm not kidding!!! Does my pizza come with... More  →
Open Thread for June 9

Open Thread for June 8

By Chelsea DaggerJune 8, 2010
This fabulous photo is from Sparkler ~too~, who attended a hot air balloon festival last summer in Vermont. We love the pic, but we love her reason for sending it even more: I thought it might... More  →
Open Thread for June 8

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerJune 7, 2010
In last week's comments, Nillabee asked "'sup with all the lame stock pictures?  don't nobody send nothin' in no more?" We thought we'd respond with this gem of a photograph, submitted by RumbleRoar2. Why? One: because man can't live... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Open Thread for June 7th

By Chelsea DaggerJune 7, 2010
You know who this monkey reminds of us? DUMBLEDORE. Yep, it's all in the beard. And in the majestic, kindly eyes. Thanks for sending this pic, Amarantha93, and for inspiring us to re-read "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" for the 85th time!... More  →
Open Thread for June 7th

Open Thread for June 6

By EmmaJune 6, 2010
Megan has a bunny named Daisy who has cute chubby legs, AND a dog named Jake who helps sort the recycling. Not fair, when our only pets are the cockroaches who have taken over our apartment. ... More  →
Open Thread for June 6

Open Thread for June 5

By EmmaJune 5, 2010
Do you really expect us to choose just ONE picture of newborn kitties? We're only human! Hannahvb is an aspiring photographer, and she would love some feedback from her fellow Sparklers. Check out her pics here.... More  →
Open Thread for June 5

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterJune 4, 2010
HAPPY SUMMER, Sparklers!!! Okay, technically it's not summer til June 21, but a lot of you Sparklers are already done with school, AND we've got something summery going on in the SparkNotes office—a new summer intern! Sparklers, give a warm welcome to Sarah, who helped scour... More  →
The Friday Awards

Open Thread for June 4

By Emily WinterJune 4, 2010
Domo Domo Domo!!! We had the 2009 Domo wall calendar and it made us so happy, twelve times. Thanks for this pic, xPurpleElephants! Send your pics to contribute@sparknotes.com.... More  →
Open Thread for June 4

Open Thread for June 3

By Emily WinterJune 3, 2010
It's a cat! It's a lion! It's a...lioncat? Sparkler NotSmallButFunsize says... So, this is a cat that tends to wander around the courts where my school goes for tennis. Seeing as it's summer and the cat is a Persian, he's been shaved and now looks... More  →
Open Thread for June 3