Skip over navigation

Open Thread for March 25

By Emily WinterMarch 25, 2010
We're pretty much obsessed with this ador-larious computer drawing by MissLovegood, which she did in the style of Auntie SparkNotes. And since we're on the subject of Our Lady of the Lobsters, this is a great place to announce that she'll be... More  →
Open Thread for March 25

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterMarch 24, 2010
We like this week's Awesome Thing because we happen to be musically-challenged. We tried playing in a band for a while, but we were BAD. Awful! Gag-inducingly horrible! It would have been so much better if we could have just played the drums with our... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Open Thread for March 24

By Emily WinterMarch 24, 2010
This is LizzieB95's little buddy, Grape. LizzieB95 says Grape (aka Piggus, Grapeuus, and Oinkus) is loving and curious. The camera-shy guinea pig in the background is Welch. Grape and Welch kind of remind us of our childhood guinea... More  →
Open Thread for March 24

Open Thread for March 23

By Emily WinterMarch 23, 2010
It's another gloomy day in New York, so we were excited to see this cheery artwork by BellaSwan1. But, "Sparklers Sparkle in the sun"??? Does this mean you guys are... vampires?!??!?!? Noooooooooooooo!... More  →
Open Thread for March 23

Cute Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterMarch 22, 2010
No wonder  checkersocks's cat is so small—it has to share a house with 15 (!!!) other felines! Yep, this Sparkler has 16 cats. She sent us a bunch of pics, and we couldn't resist this big-eyed, bigger-eared, knee-sized little thing. What kind of caption... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Open Thread for March 22

By Emily WinterMarch 22, 2010
This is Ally, potterlover19's dog. We love her eyebrows and whiskers!!! We want an Ally!!!... More  →
Open Thread for March 22

Open Thread for March 21

By EmmaMarch 21, 2010
We love this picture from kylxy. The Sparkler's bangs are pretty, and are those jams the Mankler's wearing? Cute!... More  →
Open Thread for March 21

Open Thread for March 20

By EmmaMarch 20, 2010
read_my_mind says, "This picture is adorable: it's a cat having had a bath. Who doesn't love anything more than a wet moggie?" We have two questions: 1. Why is British slang so much cuter than American slang? 2. Don't cats bathe themselves? We feel... More  →
Open Thread for March 20

The Friday Awards

By NashMarch 19, 2010
Hi Sparklers, I'm Nash, the new intern. I decided to give the eds a break today by handling the Friday Awards myself. I spent days picking through this week's platter of scarring sex-ed stories and gruesome teacher-desks findings, and I'm not ashamed to say some of... More  →
The Friday Awards

Writing a Sparkler Post in 6 Not-So-Easy Steps

By ContributorMarch 19, 2010
Sparkler jewbiegirl hate us?!??!?!??! Nooooooooooooo! —SparkNotes editors Out of the many things I’ve tried in my life, writing a SparkNotes post has been one of the hardest. I’d like to warn everybody about the steps they will most likely go through as they try... More  →
Writing a Sparkler Post in 6 Not-So-Easy Steps