Skip over navigation

The Friday Awards

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 9, 2010
Here's the dirt, Sparklers: Emily, being the heartless cad that she is, has temporarily abandoned us for the far more exciting and exotic locale of Hong Kong, and she is currently rubbing elbows with the Dali Lama (literally, not figuratively) while we slave away at... More  →
The Friday Awards

Open Thread for July 9

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 9, 2010
GOTCHA! You TOTALLY thought that we forgot about today's open thread, didn't you?!? WROONNNGGG. We were just saving it until now to build suspense. Or something. Fine, we totally forgot about it and feel super terrible. HAPPY NOW?! On top of being plagued by forgetfulness and... More  →
Open Thread for July 9

Open Thread for July 8

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 8, 2010
We love ourselves a good literary pet name, and this one is ACES: meet Elena28's hilarious African grey congo parrot, Hawthorne.  As she explains: He's named for Nathaniel Hawthorne, author of The Scarlet Letter.  Why?  Because he has a scarlet tail, of... More  →
Open Thread for July 8

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 7, 2010
There's nothing we like better than mean, gossipy girls. Admit it: they're just the BEST. They're so...mean! And gossipy! Are you with us? Of course you're not. BECAUSE WE'RE BEING FACETIOUS, SPARKLERS. And we are only facetious when we are in an EXCELLENT mood, which... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Open Thread for July 7

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 7, 2010
Man, we are SO jealous of this door hanger! Here's what ~too~ has to say about it: My parents went to England a couple years back, and as a souvenir, they decided to bring me back the... More  →
Open Thread for July 7

Open Thread for July 6

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 6, 2010
And....WE'RE BACK. This editor had a LOVELY weekend back home in Colorado—three days full of hamburger-pancake sandwiches, extremely unsafe firework explosions, and the best family and friends EVER. Now it's back to the grind, but this pic, sent by According2Me, is a great reminder... More  →
Open Thread for July 6

Open Thread for July 5

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 5, 2010
VACATION VACATION VACATION VACA—oh, sorry Sparklers, we didn't see you there. We were too busy screaming that ingenious "vacation" song we just made up and celebrating the fact that WE GET TODAY OFF (it's a national holiday in the US). We know you hate it... More  →
Open Thread for July 5

Open Thread for July 4

By EmmaJuly 4, 2010
Happy Independence Day, Sparklers!!!!! July 4th is all about hot dogs, national pride, flip-flops, the Founding Fathers, annnnnd.... Fireworks, and their smaller cousins, sparklers! Yes, we think of July 4th as the ultimate Sparkler Appreciation Day. Have an extra hot dog to congratulate... More  →
Open Thread for July 4

Open Thread for July 3

By EmmaJuly 3, 2010
We can't tell if we want to kiss 11ksande's turtle on the nostrils, or put him in jail for murder. This is my attack turtle, Speedy. He is vicious and can bite through wood and sneaker-plastic. Do not be fooled by his cuteness and/or... More  →
Open Thread for July 3

The Friday Awards

By Sarah PeregoyJuly 2, 2010
Hey there, Sparklers! Happy Friday! It's your SparkIntern here to bring you my first-ever FRIWARDS while Emily's on vacation. I’m so excited!! Did you know that I scour through all your comments every week? You Sparklers are so... More  →
The Friday Awards