Skip over navigation

Open Thread for August 23

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 23, 2010
ThisIsShe sent in this super-rad picture of a hippogriff, which was drawn with facepaint onto her leg. IRONIC, right?! Facepaint on someone's leg? Get it? Maybe? Oh, whatever. Just go read the Think Tank and maybe we'll send you a hippogriff... More  →
Open Thread for August 23

Open Thread for August 22

By Miss MarmAugust 22, 2010
This Sparkler's coworkers are clearly brain damaged:

Enclosed is a picture I took during lunch at my summer job. I was looking at all the condiments in a pile at our conference table, and I decided to organize them (the ketchup took the longest).

... More  →
Open Thread for August 22

Open Thread for August 21

By EmmaAugust 21, 2010
Look at this pensive cat on a bed, then look at this email from the photog:

im a cat person.

Dont_panic__42 (a.k.a. Captain Abbey)

P.S. sorry for the excessive mail from me

p.s. Never apologize for excessive mails. WE LOVE THEM!

... More  →
Open Thread for August 21

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterAugust 20, 2010
Sparklers young and younger, far and farther, it is time to choose your flag! This week, this ed finally forced Chelsea Dagger (at Cheeto-point, which is like knife-point, but sharper in the cheddar) to put up THIS POLL with your... More  →
The Friday Awards

Open Thread for August 20

By Emily WinterAugust 20, 2010
lia.lovegood says... I was surfing the net today, and came upon a rather odd (but totally true) thing. When searching google for the word "awesome" *this* happened. I'm totally lying, I made it happen (with magic) - just for you Sparkitors. ... More  →
Open Thread for August 20

Open Thread for August 19

By Emily WinterAugust 19, 2010
A Mystery Sparkler says: I was bored to tears one night and I set off for the attic. Didn’t find much other than a box full of old candles and disfigured crayons. So I thought I could like make wax sculptures but it didn’t... More  →
Open Thread for August 19

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 18, 2010
Before we get to this week's phenomenally awesome thing (starring the same dashing fellows as last week's hilarious video, which scored 8.43 on the Scale of Awesomeness), we'd like to answer a few questions posed by eyeyeyepatch: I've always wondered... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Open Thread for August 18

By Emily WinterAugust 18, 2010
Doooood, the new coffee machine just exploded on this editor's face. If this is Gloria Jean's idea of a joke, it's hilarious. Haha. Now excuse me while I choke on coffee grounds. In other news, this pic from alien.of.mars reminds us of... More  →
Open Thread for August 18

Open Thread for August 17

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 17, 2010
WE WANT ONE, WE WANT ONE! We want a Pygmy puff in every color and every size. We would name them all "Larry" and we would teach them how to moonwalk. If any of y'all have a secret supply of these adorable little cotton balls,... More  →
Open Thread for August 17

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 16, 2010
minipinkelephant submitted this week's photo, and it is rife with potential for hilarity. That's right, RIFE. So do us proud and make us laugh; you've never failed before! If you need some inspiration, check out last week's best captions; they were GLORIOUS. Yellow chick... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week