Skip over navigation

Open Thread for June 21

By Chelsea DaggerJune 21, 2010
The best part about this photograph, besides everything, is the subject line muffinsarejustbetter included with it: believe me, this is a chicken. You know what, muffins? PROVE IT. ... More  →
Open Thread for June 21

Open Thread for June 20

By EmmaJune 20, 2010
potterlover19 writes... This little bird crashed into my window today and when I went outside he just hopped into my hand. :) OK, three things. 1. potterlover is probably Mary Poppins/Snow White/Cinderella/another Disney heroine. 2. What happened to the bird?? Was it concussed? Did it fly off?... More  →
Open Thread for June 20

Open Thread for June 19

By EmmaJune 19, 2010
cullenwannabe sent in a pic of Maverick for last weekend's post; now she's back with more kittehs! Ok I know you guys just showed newborn kittens, but they weren't being bottle fed now were they?? My grandma rescued a couple week old kittens from... More  →
Open Thread for June 19

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterJune 18, 2010
Whhhhhat up, Sparklers?! Wait, we know all about what is up! It has come to our attention that there is AN ISSUE we should talk about with the whole group. (Except you, Sally. Cover your eyes!) Lately, More  →
The Friday Awards

Open Thread for June 18

By Emily WinterJune 18, 2010
We love pics from around the world!  Sparkler jgrudzy says, "This is a statue in Berlin, Germany, outside a museum next to the Berliner Dome." Send your pics to contribute@sparknotes.com for publication in the open thread!... More  →
Open Thread for June 18

Open Thread for June 17

By Emily WinterJune 17, 2010
Breaking News! The_Drum_Minor was in Orlando last week, and snapped pics at the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter, which doesn't open in real life for the rest of us humans until TOMORROW! How did you get in early, The_Drum_Minor... More  →
Open Thread for June 17

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerJune 16, 2010
REALLY?!? Really. REALLY. But, seriously: REALLY?!? We give you 57 seconds of the dreamboat savior of the wizarding world, the handsomest redhead we've ever laid eyes on, and Hermione "Bombshell" Granger, and you give us an 8.91?!? That means you guys officially... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Open Thread for June 16

By Chelsea DaggerJune 16, 2010
Today's open thread image comes all the way from South Africa—where this editor happened to live for 5 months! Sparkler alex r. says:  I thought our open threads needed a little FIFA World Cup spirit! I took this photo of mosaic on... More  →
Open Thread for June 16

Open Thread for June 15

By Chelsea DaggerJune 15, 2010
This image, sent by hanini_panini, proves yet again that Sparklers are the smartest people on EARTH. Plus, it's just so darn timely: Bringin' Sexy Back happens to be the name of the epically epic Quizinator post published yesterday. So... More  →
Open Thread for June 15

We're Bringin' Sexy Back—and It's Called The QUIZINATOR

By Chelsea DaggerJune 14, 2010
Is there anything hotter than a brand new SparkLife quiz? Yes. Loads of things. But most of those things aren't free, or attainable, or legal. This quiz, on the other hand, IS free (though you're strongly encouraged to send generous monetary donations to... More  →
We're Bringin' Sexy Back—and It's Called The QUIZINATOR