Skip over navigation

Open Thread for August 17

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 17, 2010
WE WANT ONE, WE WANT ONE! We want a Pygmy puff in every color and every size. We would name them all "Larry" and we would teach them how to moonwalk. If any of y'all have a secret supply of these adorable little cotton balls,... More  →
Open Thread for August 17

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 16, 2010
minipinkelephant submitted this week's photo, and it is rife with potential for hilarity. That's right, RIFE. So do us proud and make us laugh; you've never failed before! If you need some inspiration, check out last week's best captions; they were GLORIOUS. Yellow chick... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Open Thread for August 16

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 16, 2010
We would much rather be staring out at this gorgeous view right now than eating stale Devil Dogs for breakfast, but from what noisettepancake tells us, we probably wouldn't survive the climb: This is the view from an observatory in Hawaii. I literally almost... More  →
Open Thread for August 16

Open Thread for August 15

By EmmaAugust 15, 2010
What is this dog's name? We don't know. Which Sparkler sent us this pic? We couldn't say. Why does looking at this picture give us the urge to crawl into bed and sob until our eyes are swollen shut? We think that's obvious. ... More  →
Open Thread for August 15

Open Thread for August 14

By EmmaAugust 14, 2010
This ed messed up last weekend's open thread, and she humbly apologizes and begs your forgiveness. Her heart is as heavy as a Sedona rock and as pained as the butt of someone who just sat on a cactus. A THOUSAND SORRIES. Elana28 sent... More  →
Open Thread for August 14

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterAugust 13, 2010
Can you heeeeeaaar me, Sparklers? I'm not sure I get good reception here—this gorgeous, small-ish US city pictured on the right. Should I paint myself in gold and st... More  →
The Friday Awards

Open Thread for August 13

By Emily WinterAugust 13, 2010
Eh, fellow Sparkitors? Can you help my out with a picture? :/ Or this could go pictureless. Naked threads. Edgy. Sexy. A little self-conscious. HOT. I'm into it. ... More  →

Open Thread for August 12

By Emily WinterAugust 12, 2010
LATE FOR WORK! LATE FOR WORK!!! I FEEL LIKE THIS PICTURE. GET IT TOGETHER, WINTER. Thanks, Dont_panic__42 for sending us your brownies. Next time, we want to see them in 3-D. On my desk. In real life. Noms.... More  →
Open Thread for August 12

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 11, 2010
There's nothing more hilarious than a good ol' sibling row, that's what we at SparkLife always say. If you disagree, maybe you haven't spent enough time with Chelsea Dagger and her twin sister, who have been trading pranks, punches, and friendly beatings since before the... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Open Thread for August 11

By Emily WinterAugust 11, 2010
Hahahahahahaha! Dooooooooood, this is AWESOME. This ed is so happy that Eebyenoh thought to take a picture of this gray paint swatch and send it in for an open thread. Very clever, Eebyenoh. We'll have to keep on eye on you—you could be a... More  →
Open Thread for August 11