Skip over navigation

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1D

By Emily WinterSeptember 10, 2010
We've got it allllllll figured out... There will be FOUR to SIX more days of Round 1, and there will be THREE rounds total: The Mosh Pit (round 1), the Semi-Sweet Milk Chocolate Finals (round 2), and The Freakin' FINALLY Finals (round 3). As you may... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1D

Open Thread for September 10

By Emily WinterSeptember 10, 2010
Even if the photographer doesn't know it, this pic is obviously meant to symbolize modern man's inability to escape temptation, despite how many times he tries to turn away from it. Compared to temptation, even the most slick and successful modern man is small and... More  →
Open Thread for September 10

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1C

By Emily WinterSeptember 9, 2010
*hip thrust* Oi, Sparklers! My sneezy, snotty body is working from home today, so I can't count how many new flag entries we've received at our only-accessible-in-the-office inbox, contribute@sparknotes.com. BUT Chelsea D. says there are A LOT. (DOUBLE BUT, she also says she's... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1C

Open Thread for September 9

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 9, 2010
Our darling Emily Winter is working from home today, because, in her words, "My face is a gigantic booger." In an effort to make her feel better (and hopefully improve her complexion), we'd like to present this momentously awful-looking... More  →
Open Thread for September 9

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1B

By Emily WinterSeptember 8, 2010
Congratulations *opens the envelope* lleya for winning the very first round of our SparkNotes flag contest! This flag will move on to round 2, which will begin whenever we finish round 1, which will be... we don't know. If you have no idea... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1B

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 8, 2010
Unbeknownst to Chelsea Dagger (as many, many things are), last week's video had already been posted as an Awesome Thing. Un-unbeknownst to Chelsea Dagger, however, is a very interesting fact: last time around, the phenomenal Animator vs. Animation averaged a score... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Open Thread for September 8

By Emily WinterSeptember 8, 2010
These pics, taken by MarauderPrincess, were sent to us in May. We hope they take some gloom out of your first days back at school. MarauderP says... The first is a picture of a Mexican paintbrush, and I didn't even notice the ants on... More  →
Open Thread for September 8

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1A

By Emily WinterSeptember 7, 2010
You may not know this, but SparkNotes has a (fictional) academy. It's either called "SparkLife Academy" or "SparkNotes Academy" (we're undecided). It is certainly not called "The Academy for Untethered Unicorns and Drippy Sea Hags," which the Board of Education deemed inappropriate because there... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1A

Open Thread for September 7

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 7, 2010
Today's photo was sent in by willutakemehome, who wrote: I thought I might help kick off the new school year by sharing with you a photograph I call: "Summation of a Summer." Isn't that a supermegafoxyAWESOMEhot name for a picture? Why yes, it IS a... More  →
Open Thread for September 7

Open Thread for September 6

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 6, 2010
Dont_panic__42 sent us today's pic, along with the accompanying caption: This is what happens when: a) you don't get your daily dose of Cheezits. b)  didn't read Sparklife this week If that's true, we shudder to think what'll happen when you find out that the Sparkitors have... More  →
Open Thread for September 6