Search Menu
Menu

Open Thread for September 2

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 2, 2011
that_other_leah made these adorable little plush toys! We are in awe of her crafting abilities (and her knowledge of Star Wars). My little brother loves obscure Star Wars characters, so for his birthday, I made him a cuddly plush figure... More  →
Open Thread for September 2

Katy Perry Runs Track (Or Something Like That)

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 1, 2011
If you think boys in short shorts are sexy, you'll love this video. A cross country team did a parody of Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream," and this is what they came up with. I don't know anything about running (although I think you have to... More  →
Katy Perry Runs Track (Or Something Like That)

Open Thread for September 1

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 1, 2011
In case the differences between Harry Potter and Twilight weren't already clear enough, lia.lovegood sent us this awesome (and accurate) picture to emphasize the point. If only we coulda had two Harry Potters and no Twilight.... ... More  →
Open Thread for September 1

I'm Using Facebook To Take Over the WORLD

By ContributorAugust 31, 2011
TanTantheLadiesMan doesn't ask for much; just your undying loyalty and the power to bend the masses to his will.—Sparkitors I was working on my scheme for world domination (it’s rapidly coming to fruition; it’ll be called Tannertopia, and everyone will have to wear capes)... More  →
I'm Using Facebook To Take Over the WORLD

You Can Be Harry Potter, Too!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 31, 2011
Well, not really. But this "Firework" parody is so inspiring, you might just believe that! Now will somebody please buy me a Firebolt? Got any favorite videos? Email us a link at contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
You Can Be Harry Potter, Too!

Open Thread for August 31

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 31, 2011
crimsonandclover23 sent us a picture of the most fantastic birthday cake in existence: a Harry Potter Book cake! We'll let her explain... Here's a cure for post-Potter depression. This is the awesome birthday cake from my 12th birthday.  As you can see,... More  →
Open Thread for August 31

Hermione and the Gangsters

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 30, 2011
I still haven't accepted the fact that Harry Potter is over (which is why I've avoided reading the last book), so I'm tricking myself by watching every Harry Potter-related video out there... and this one was too good not to share. For those of you... More  →
Hermione and the Gangsters

Open Thread for August 30

By SparkLifeAugust 30, 2011
hermionerules5 sent in yet another beautiful photo of NATURE, which is something we don't get to see much of here in the concrete jungle of NY. She gives the deets: This is a meadow in Cedar Breaks National Monument in Utah. The red flowers... More  →
Open Thread for August 30

The Next Big British Movie

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 29, 2011
Bexxrose has presented us with yet another priceless internet find: a trailer for the most incomprehensible movie in English you'll ever see! Or not see, since this is a spoof by SNL. And I have to agree: despite my love for British and... More  →
The Next Big British Movie

19 Things that Prove Jon Skindzier Is THE MAN

By ContributorAugust 29, 2011
This post definitely convinced us of one thing: Animated_Apathy has read every Jono post EVER. —Sparkitors I am convinced that Jono Skindzier is an incredible miracle of life. Thus, I compiled a list of 19 quotes and pictures (written... More  →
19 Things that Prove Jon Skindzier Is THE MAN