Search Menu
Menu

The Top 10 SparkLife Academy Rejects

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 14, 2011
Ever since we announced that next week is SparkLife Academy Week, applications for SparkLife Academy have been pouring in. Sadly, some of our applicants just didn't bake us enough bribe-cookies weren't good enough, and we were forced to reject them: Edward Cullen: Not only... More  →
The Top 10 SparkLife Academy Rejects

What Does DFTBA Mean Anyway?

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 14, 2011
I thought I knew what DFTBA meant...and then I watched this video (sent in by Natasha). Now I'm not sure anymore, but at least this song gave me lots of options. Anybody out there know what DFTBA really means? Don't Forget to Be Awesome—Send in your... More  →
What Does DFTBA Mean Anyway?

The Low-Down on Pottermore (by Elodie, Who is NOT the Cleverest Witch of Her Age)

By ElodieSeptember 14, 2011
If you recently heard a strangled, inhuman screech akin to a donkey's mating call, that was me getting my Pottermore e-mail. I swear I almost burst a blood vessel in excitement. Having spent many hours closeted in my room, rediscovering the magic of... More  →
The Low-Down on Pottermore (by Elodie, Who is NOT the Cleverest Witch of Her Age)

Open Thread for September 14

By SparkLifeSeptember 14, 2011
Hey! JustAnotherUsername here, and this is just something I thought you all might find amusing. This is Fluffy the Vampire Horse. He's fighting the prejudice people have against vampire horses, and working toward equal rights for all blood-sucking creatures. It's a very noble,... More  →
Open Thread for September 14

The Triumphant Return of Stock Photo Face-Off

By Kathryn_WilliamsSeptember 13, 2011
It has been a while since we've felt inspired to host a Stock Photo Face-Off. Frankly, our well was running dry. It seemed all of the stock photographers out there had caught wind of our little contest and retreated to their darkrooms to... More  →
The Triumphant Return of Stock Photo Face-Off

Mohawk-ed Mimes

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 13, 2011
Normally I think mimes are creepy, but when it comes to Japanese mimes with mohawks...well, you can understand why I'd change my mind. (And the lack of face paint helps.) Send us your favorite videos at contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Mohawk-ed Mimes

Open Thread for September 13

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 13, 2011
We could hardly even figure out how to do subtraction on our graphing calculator, much less write a sentence; hermionerules5 clearly does not have this problem. I was up late finishing my math homework when I thought of all... More  →
Open Thread for September 13

Moving On After Harry Potter

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 12, 2011
For those of you who, like me, still haven't gotten over the end of Harry Potter (yes, I know, Pottermore, but it's not the same), here's some encouragement to move on. (No, you won't actually move on—you will feel even more nostalgic.) If you don't send a... More  →
Moving On After Harry Potter

Open Thread for September 11

By SparkLifeSeptember 11, 2011
Melian24 sent us this picture. It seems like a good one for September... More  →
Open Thread for September 11

Open Thread for September 10

By SparkLifeSeptember 10, 2011
Not only is alexsarcastic221 a deeply talented artist, she's also a mind reader! What’s this glorious drawing?! I can barely lay my eyes upon its unparalleled beauty! Is probably what you’re thinking right now. Well this is Dan Bergstein and I on our wedding... More  →
Open Thread for September 10