Skip over navigation

Open Thread for September 2

By Emily WinterSeptember 2, 2010
rebeckerzx3 describes this better than we can... This is part of a posterboard-sized birthday card my friends and I once sent to another friend. As you can see, it's a pimped out Uno card. oh yes. Send your pics to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for September 2

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 1, 2010
It seems that Marcel the Shell made quite the impression last week: you people either wanted to adopt him or to put a toothpick through his eye (we're paraphrasing here, but you get the gist). Despite the controversy and several low blows (negative numbers, guys?... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Open Thread for September 1

By Emily WinterSeptember 1, 2010
We LOVE braised kids! Especially older kids, who've been marinating in Doritos and teen angst. Yummmmmm. Thanks, hanini_panini for sending us a pic of our favorite dish! hanini_panini says... Hi! So I went to this restaurant today, and saw this on the menu and immediately thought... More  →
Open Thread for September 1

Open Thread for August 31

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 31, 2010
You know when you're vaguely creeped-out by something, but you can't stop laughing about it? Yeah, that's sort of what's happening to us right now, thanks to this photo submitted by beagle48644, who said: My sister likes to play with barbies.  And what makes... More  →
Open Thread for August 31

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 30, 2010
This little fella, photographed by noisettepancake, is so cute that we just want to EAT HIM UP. But we mean that in a completely non-creepy way. Sort of. Maybe not, though. It's hard to say. Help us clarify our feelings by writing us... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Open Thread for August 30

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 30, 2010
Though we would NEVER condone the wasting of a perfectly good marshmallow, we gotta say, Dont_panic__42: if you don't wanna eat 'em, building small towers with 'em seems like a pretty good alternative. Have you considered a career in cereal architecture?... More  →
Open Thread for August 30

Open Thread for August 29

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 29, 2010
porque_esto_es_africa sent in this pic with the following caption: Alright, so the other day my dog tried to get the last treat out of the jar. Enough said. Uhhh, "enough said"? NOT QUITE. There seems to be one burning question left unanswered by your brief... More  →
Open Thread for August 29

Open Thread for August 28

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 28, 2010
Sparkler/sandwich artist kaileyjo took a summer pottery class and produced this miracle of modern science: a clay BLT. Is it an artistic triumph worthy of a permanent spot in the Louvre? Uh, YES.... More  →
Open Thread for August 28

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterAugust 27, 2010
ATTENTION, EVERYONE! Attention Sparklers, and manklers, and frogs! Attention Boo Radley, Aunt Lena, and hogs! And yayers and nayers, and creepy soothsayers, and flies on the wall, and slugs in the hall, and pandas and grandmas, and kittens the size of spotted brown dogs!!! More  →
The Friday Awards

Open Thread for August 27

By Emily WinterAugust 27, 2010
Dont_panic__42 tricked us groggyhead editors on this autumn-y Friday morning! *stomps feet and swigs coffee* She said... LOOK!!! I took a picture of my shadow!!!  Just kidding! but I did really climb to the top of this to get this picture. and it was... More  →
Open Thread for August 27