Skip over navigation

Open Thread for September 8

By Emily WinterSeptember 8, 2010
These pics, taken by MarauderPrincess, were sent to us in May. We hope they take some gloom out of your first days back at school. MarauderP says... The first is a picture of a Mexican paintbrush, and I didn't even notice the ants on... More  →
Open Thread for September 8

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1A

By Emily WinterSeptember 7, 2010
You may not know this, but SparkNotes has a (fictional) academy. It's either called "SparkLife Academy" or "SparkNotes Academy" (we're undecided). It is certainly not called "The Academy for Untethered Unicorns and Drippy Sea Hags," which the Board of Education deemed inappropriate because there... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1A

Open Thread for September 7

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 7, 2010
Today's photo was sent in by willutakemehome, who wrote: I thought I might help kick off the new school year by sharing with you a photograph I call: "Summation of a Summer." Isn't that a supermegafoxyAWESOMEhot name for a picture? Why yes, it IS a... More  →
Open Thread for September 7

Open Thread for September 6

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 6, 2010
Dont_panic__42 sent us today's pic, along with the accompanying caption: This is what happens when: a) you don't get your daily dose of Cheezits. b)  didn't read Sparklife this week If that's true, we shudder to think what'll happen when you find out that the Sparkitors have... More  →
Open Thread for September 6

Open Thread for September 5

By EmmaSeptember 5, 2010
Take Joseph Gordon-Levitt, subtract a few years, add a dash of Buddy Holly and a pinch of smizing, and you get a dreamboat so fine and so underage, we're pretty sure we're already under arrest in some states (this guy can't be a day over... More  →
Open Thread for September 5

Open Thread for September 4

By EmmaSeptember 4, 2010
The Sparkler who snapped these clouds says, "This really looks like a rat." Maybe it's because we're woozy from hunger, but we don't see it. We say that big patch of blue is a puddle of maple syrup, and the little patch is a fried egg.... More  →
Open Thread for September 4

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterSeptember 3, 2010
Heyyyyy there, Sparklers. Welcome your bad self back to The Friday Awards, also known as The SparkLife Academy Weekly Meeting. Today we have a SparkLife Academy flag update! So far, we've got 12 entries for the SparkLife Academy... More  →
The Friday Awards

Open Thread for September 3

By Emily WinterSeptember 3, 2010
Sparkler angi4 spotted this little guy on a vacation with her family in Seattle. Are you surprised? Shouldn't be. Everyone knows Seattle is GNOME COUNTRY.... More  →
Open Thread for September 3

Blogging My SparkLife Rejection

By ContributorSeptember 2, 2010
mrscooper, we applaud you for your perseverance—and we hope that publication is all you dreamed of and more!—Sparkitors All Sparklers love reading the hilarious posts published daily on SparkLife—and we all secretly dream of getting one published ourselves. We... More  →
Blogging My SparkLife Rejection

Open Thread for September 2

By Emily WinterSeptember 2, 2010
rebeckerzx3 describes this better than we can... This is part of a posterboard-sized birthday card my friends and I once sent to another friend. As you can see, it's a pimped out Uno card. oh yes. Send your pics to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for September 2