Skip over navigation

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1H

By Emily WinterSeptember 17, 2010

Congratulations to Sparkler Lumos26 for winning yesterday's Super Flag Challenge with this understated and classy design.

Of course, the real winner today is ME and the other Sparkitors because GUESS WHAT. One of your fellow Sparklers actually put bologna in her ears, per

... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1H

The Friday Awards

The SparkLife Week In Review:

This week, a Sparkler (*cough* 11sande) put bologna in her ears.

And a post about SparkLove brought us to tears.

GirlWhoWrites went shopping, and Ashley got a

... More  →
The Friday Awards

Open Thread for September 17

This is what life looked like 6 weeks ago.

Now, we've got storms, cold fronts, and tornadoes in Brooklyn and Queens!

The Mystery Sparkler who sent this lovely pic said...

"I was doing some really boring housework when I saw a gigantic butterfly. I

... More  →
Open Thread for September 17

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1G

By Emily WinterSeptember 16, 2010

We're getting down to the wire, but we haven't hit the bottom of our flag inbox just yet. We've counted 39 (39!) flags total, which means round 1 will continue for three more days.

Per usual, you can only vote for one flag per round.

Also, recent

... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1G

Open Thread for September 16

By Emily WinterSeptember 16, 2010

alexthenotsogreat drew this epic bam in school. You're thinking about SparkLife during school?! We're so flattered!

Send your pics to contribute@sparknotes.com!

... More  →
Open Thread for September 16

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 15, 2010

We have it on good (read: extremely unreliable) authority that presently, Joseph Gordon Levitt has zero internet access, which means he'll be spared the crushing knowledge that last week's video earned a mere 6.78 on the Scale of Awesomeness.

... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Open Thread for September 15

By Emily WinterSeptember 15, 2010

The Mystery Sparkler who sent this pic left us no clues about her nickname. She simply said...

The first time I started solving sudoku puzzles was when I was 12. Just to see what it just did to me 4 years later was just

... More  →
Open Thread for September 15

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1F

By Emily WinterSeptember 14, 2010

What?!?!?! A TIE?!?!?!?

Ermm, actually, no. But pretty freaking close. SO close, in fact, that we're sending BOTH Flag 19 and Flag 20 to the second round.

Way to go Skippy Gone Postal—designer of Flag 19, which was only three votes shy of Flag 20.

... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1F

Open Thread for September 14

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 14, 2010
bookworkm385 sent us this gnarly-rad sick pic of a bike flip, yo. (Did we sound genuinely cool just then? Actually, don't answer that.)... More  →
Open Thread for September 14

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1E

By Sarah PeregoySeptember 13, 2010
Yo, Sparklers! I'm your comment-reading/birthday-scouring/loving-every-minute-of-it intern, here to bring you the next round of the SparkNotes Academy Flag contest. These flags are epic, y’all. I am super-jealous of how high-tech and computer-savvy your flags make you seem. I imagine that you’re all like Emily, who can... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1E