Skip over navigation

Open Thread for October 8

By Emily WinterOctober 8, 2010
Hey, hey cat. Hey cat! Hey cat, WAKE UP!!!! Kitten, I LOVE YOU WAKE UP!!! Kitten? Kitten cat? Why are you crawling under the bed? WHY ARE YOU ABANDONING MY LOVE, KITTEN CAT?!?!??! We're terrible with cats. Adorable pic from LilyT23... More  →
Open Thread for October 8

Open Thread for October 7

By Emily WinterOctober 7, 2010
blueblutterfly01 did this awesome artwork of an e-hunt, which is what this ed called elephants when she was three. We love this painting because it's Jackson Pollock meets safari, and the result is so very NOW.... More  →
Open Thread for October 7

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 6, 2010
APPARENTLY, you guys didn't quite get the joke last week: the video (which this ed found HILARIOUS) scored an utterly DISMAL 1.96 on the Scale of Awesomeness. On the upside, Coffinmaker promised us a Scottish-kilt-clad dance, so things aren't... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Open Thread for October 6

By EmmaOctober 6, 2010
We're in a panic about Halloween. We want to find a costume that's warm, hilarious, comfortable, attractive (but not in a skanky way), and under $10. Leave your suggestions in the comments so we can steal admire them. The_Drum_Minor obviously has Halloween... More  →
Open Thread for October 6

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 2D!

By Emily WinterOctober 5, 2010
AnEpicofEpicness is having a meltdown: Um...um...OMG I AM GOING TO IMPLODE FROM STRESS OF CHOOSING FLAGS. Cool your jets, man-beast! Because if LAST round got to you, you are going to have seven heart attacks when you hear what we're up to in this HIGHLY... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 2D!

Open Thread for October 5

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 5, 2010
Hey, guess what this puppy's name is? You're never gonna get it. Come on, guess! No, it's not Rex. Nope, not Cupcake. No, it's definitely not Pan the Avenger. It's (drumroll, please)...Puppy! That was a lot of build-up for a little pay-off, wasn't it? GET... More  →
Open Thread for October 5

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 4, 2010
This fluffy puppy, owned by the ever-so-lucky muffinsarejustbetter, may have the cutest name we've ever heard: Muff Muff. Sure, he doesn't really seem to have eyes, but he's still the sweetest little cuddle-bug ┬ásince George... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Open Thread for October 4

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 4, 2010
Apparently, it's SNOWING where flyergirl13 lives. Snowing. In OCTOBER. That just seems criminally wrong to us. Sorry, flyer, but consider the Weather Police CALLED. In case you couldn't tell, say, if you were legally blind or something along those lines,... More  →
Open Thread for October 4

Open Thread for October 3

By EmmaOctober 3, 2010
Report from travelwriter21: I recently went camping, and it led to three things: 1) SparkLife deprivation 2) A greater appreciation of the outdoors 3) The perfect s'more! Sparkitor tip: make these s'mores bars and bring them to a party. Everyone will love you, and some... More  →
Open Thread for October 3

Open Thread for October 2

By EmmaOctober 2, 2010
Resident SparkLife photog flyergirl13 sez: This is my pet cricket. His name is Cheep. I found him and I kept him for a day. Then I let him go, because I didn't want to starve him and I don't know what crickets eat. I... More  →
Open Thread for October 2