Skip over navigation

Open Thread for December 18

By EmmaDecember 18, 2010
Anggik's latest masterpiece cheered us up...at first. But then we noticed that postscript. "P.S. Be GOOD SANTA'S COMING." And we remembered accidentally-on-purpose stealing our friend's favorite pants and never "remembering" to give them back. Will Santa still give us... More  →
Open Thread for December 18

Interview With A Sparkler, Round: None of Us Are Going Platinum Any Time Soon

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 17, 2010
It's become painfully apparent that despite all of our best efforts (we had a righteous jam session in the copy room one time), none of us Sparkitors have the chops to make it big in the music world. We lack the necessary talent, the essential... More  →
Interview With A Sparkler, Round: None of Us Are Going Platinum Any Time Soon

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 17, 2010
Today's pick is just random. And funny. And I think you Sparklers can appreciate that, right? Send in your favorite random things to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for December 17

By Emily WinterDecember 17, 2010
lia.lovegood says this is picture of her looking excited, but she's not sure what she's excited for. We think you should be excited for squirrels and French toast. Why? WHY NOT?!... More  →
Open Thread for December 17

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 16, 2010
Today's pick goes up because, well, it's the end of the semester (for this intern, at least), and my brain is just in that weird sort of mood. So ... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for December 16

By Emily WinterDecember 16, 2010
You might see this picture and think, "Awhawhawha?" 'olwhatshername explains...Us Sparklers were jetpacking and talking on the OT, and I got the idea for TDN-Twilight Demolition Night. Everyone, bring/steal any and all merchandise related to twilight! That includes your $45 collector dolls.... More  →
Open Thread for December 16

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 15, 2010
Today's pick is just plain funny. Plus it's the Muppets, and who doesn't love the ... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 15, 2010
Okay, so some of you weren't overly impressed by last week's utterly astounding, entirely backwards clip; it averaged an 8.03 on the Scale of Awesomeness—definitely not a dismal score, but not a spectacular... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1A

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 15, 2010
So, we're replacing our old Sparkler post badge. It's going on a vacation to some sunny, tropical place and leaving us here in cold, frozen New York. That's okay. We didn't like it anyway. We asked you guys to send in your designs for the new Sparkler... More  →
Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1A

Open Thread for December 15

By Emily WinterDecember 15, 2010
This is quite possibly the funniest and creepiest Sparkler pic we ever got. Here's what ~i_bourne_the_wicked had to say for himself when he sent this in on Sunday... I'm a Music Education major. My primary instruments are voice and cello. I have a jury tomorrow... More  →
Open Thread for December 15