Skip over navigation

Open Thread for August 10

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 10, 2010
This picture, submitted by the lovely Drum_Minor, captures our greatest love in life: BAKED GOODS. WITH ICING. AND SPRINKLES. Excuse us while we sprint to the bakery (it's only 29 blocks away) and drop mad cash on thirty dozen cupcakes. SUGAR COMA, HERE... More  →
Open Thread for August 10

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 9, 2010
As far as cuteness goes, it's hard to top a pair of chunky bunnies—but fluffly, cuddly baby chicks run a close second. Here's what summersanders has to say about these little darlings: This is a picture of my two baby chicks: the... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Open Thread for August 9

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 9, 2010
When faced with unprecedented genius, we Sparkitors often find ourselves at a loss for words. Now is such a time; as we are rendered speechless, we shall let the incomparable Jennifer F explain her photo: Because my mom is amazing, I went to Walmart... More  →
Open Thread for August 9

Open Thread for August 7

By EmmaAugust 7, 2010
Guess what! This ed's going to Bermuda in a few weeks! And she can't wait! A few questions: 1. Has anyone been to Bermuda? 2. If so, will you please share all your recommendations and secret amazing tips? 3. Does Bermuda have flowers like these pretty ones snapped... More  →
Open Thread for August 7

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterAugust 6, 2010
First off, an Emily Award goes to every single Sparkler who signed up for SparkLife Academy here. At the time this is being written by my pet hawfinch, Chauncey, who sits on my desk and pecks out... More  →
The Friday Awards

Open Thread for August 6

By Emily WinterAugust 6, 2010
AUGUST 6?!??!?! When did it get to be August 6??!! What happened to July? And June? We don't even remember seeing them on a calendar. *sigh* Well, this is Jeffy. Jeffy the light bulb. We didn't name him, the Mystery Sparkler who sent us... More  →
Open Thread for August 6

Open Thread for August 5

By Emily WinterAugust 5, 2010
Woahhhhhhhhh, sea creatures! Yes! synchrogirl117 says: This pic of a sea anemone I found in California should be an open thread pic because I almost got washed out to sea forever while trying to get this picture.  Really.  I could have died (possibly).  Also,... More  →
Open Thread for August 5

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 4, 2010
If a giant mob of spectacularly coordinated cellphone advertisers doesn't impress you, nothing will. JUST KIDDING. Last week's video may not be the most amazing one we've ever posted, but you still... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Open Thread for August 4

By Emily WinterAugust 4, 2010
Welcome to the bedroom of Ipebble. Wow, look at all those nipples. Erm, we mean, haha, look at the drawings she did! Don't you love those perfect, symmetrical, rock solid buildings? We do, too. We do, too, Sparklers. Send your pics to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for August 4

Open Thread for August 3

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 3, 2010
Today's image was drawn by the epically talented Tigress_118, and may we just say: Harry, you are looking BETTER THAN EVER.... More  →
Open Thread for August 3