Skip over navigation
Menu

Open Thread for August 31

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 31, 2011
crimsonandclover23 sent us a picture of the most fantastic birthday cake in existence: a Harry Potter Book cake! We'll let her explain... Here's a cure for post-Potter depression. This is the awesome birthday cake from my 12th birthday.  As you can see,... More  →
Open Thread for August 31

Hermione and the Gangsters

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 30, 2011
I still haven't accepted the fact that Harry Potter is over (which is why I've avoided reading the last book), so I'm tricking myself by watching every Harry Potter-related video out there... and this one was too good not to share. For those of you... More  →
Hermione and the Gangsters

Open Thread for August 30

By SparkLifeAugust 30, 2011
hermionerules5 sent in yet another beautiful photo of NATURE, which is something we don't get to see much of here in the concrete jungle of NY. She gives the deets: This is a meadow in Cedar Breaks National Monument in Utah. The red flowers... More  →
Open Thread for August 30

The Next Big British Movie

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 29, 2011
Bexxrose has presented us with yet another priceless internet find: a trailer for the most incomprehensible movie in English you'll ever see! Or not see, since this is a spoof by SNL. And I have to agree: despite my love for British and... More  →
The Next Big British Movie

19 Things that Prove Jon Skindzier Is THE MAN

By ContributorAugust 29, 2011
This post definitely convinced us of one thing: Animated_Apathy has read every Jono post EVER. —Sparkitors I am convinced that Jono Skindzier is an incredible miracle of life. Thus, I compiled a list of 19 quotes and pictures (written... More  →
19 Things that Prove Jon Skindzier Is THE MAN

How to Ensure That Your Profile Pic is Stalk-Worthy

By Megan PrietzelAugust 29, 2011
Your profile picture is the first thing that any random stranger stalker on the internet sees when he types in “Penelope Custard,” so it had better be good. And GOOD IT CAN BE.  In order to determine where your current profile picture stands on the... More  →
How to Ensure That Your Profile Pic is Stalk-Worthy

Open Thread for August 28

By SparkLifeAugust 29, 2011
Here is a story that fills our hearts with rainbows and unicorn kisses: Thanks to your new photo system, I got back in touch with a girl (Naala_Senegal, on the left) I shared a dorm with TWO YEARS AGO on summer camp! What makes... More  →
Open Thread for August 28

Open Thread for August 29

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 29, 2011
hermionerules5 sent us  this gloriously outdoorsy pic along with the following caption: This is a picture of a canyon I recently visited in Utah. Try to see if you can spot any hoodoos!! :) We're not sure what "hoodoos" are, but we're assuming they're basically... More  →
Open Thread for August 29

Open Thread for August 27

By SparkLifeAugust 27, 2011
This is an Auntie Stick, of course. Duh! Oh, you don't know what an Auntie Stick is? Allow Dance.Girl.Sparkle to explain: I work at a hospital in Pediatrics and I had the kids make "Auntie-Sticks." The photo contains a pic of the one I... More  →
Open Thread for August 27

Are You Scared of Being Sorted Wrong?

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 26, 2011
For all you Pottermore fans out there... If you're not scared of being put into the wrong Hogwarts house, you're about to be (but in a very catchy, fun-to-listen-to sort of way). Thanks Bexxrose for bringing this fear to my attention! What letter... More  →
Are You Scared of Being Sorted Wrong?