Skip over navigation

Open Thread for January 11

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 11, 2011
Okay, so we missed the deadline for posting this pic, but it was simply to precious to pass up. I'd Rather Be in Dublin made it as a Christmas gift for Sparkler buddy Don'tWorryBeHappy:), and she sent... More  →
Open Thread for January 11

Ads on SparkLife

By Emily WinterJanuary 10, 2011
It has come to our attention—because one of you slapped us with a fish—that some of you Sparklebottoms are seeing the video advertisements on SparkLife, like, all the frickin' time. The good news is you're NOT supposed to be seeing those ads more than once a... More  →
Ads on SparkLife

New Series Alert: Awesome Person of the Week

By ContributorJanuary 10, 2011
HOLD UP, GUYS. We've got an announcement that's going to completely cure (or at least marginally disrupt) your Monday blues: Sparkler Mckenzie_Me has come up with an entirely new series, and YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT. Since it's her spark of genius... More  →
New Series Alert: Awesome Person of the Week

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 10, 2011
This week's pic was snapped by Chelsea Dagger, amateur-professional photographer extraordinaire, and it stars her parents' puppies, the two most darling dogs in the world. Their names are Molly and Rosey (also called Eugene and Ronald, or Smallsauce and Bug, or Mollywallypog and Potato-Chip Ears), and... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 10, 2011
Awesomesauce. I bet you didn't know it was real. I sure as heck didn't know it was real. But, thanks to Sparkler Elise, not only do I now know it actually exists, I also know where to buy it. So go to this link... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for January 10

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 10, 2011
This may very well be the longest Open Thread we've ever published, but as it is also the work of a GENIUS, we're okay with that. Here's the background info, as written by Mankler Thomas S: I was semi-inspired a... More  →
Open Thread for January 10

Open Thread for January 9

By EmmaJanuary 9, 2011
Hello, I'd like to submit this photo of my dog Ronnie. Before you think "Ew gross, what IS that?" I'd like to explain why he's awesome. Firstly, he survived on the streets for two years, despite being so stupid that he won't see a piece of... More  →
Open Thread for January 9

Open Thread for January 8

By EmmaJanuary 8, 2011
If your Sparkitors were dogs, we would look just like Missy: grumpy, snowy, yet somehow still wildly attractive. Thanks for the cute pic, Buttercuprevenge! Send your adorable photographs to contribute@sparknotes.com for possible publication on an open thread!... More  →
Open Thread for January 8

Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1E

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 7, 2011
And the winner of Round 1D is....Badge #15! You'll all get to see it again whenever we finally get to Round 2. And congratulations to all the other Sparklers with badges in the last round, great job you guys. And for the rest of you Sparklers,... More  →
Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1E

Interview With A Sparkler, Round: Christopher Lloyd is the MAN

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 7, 2011
Step One: If you don't know who Christoper Lloyd is, or you don't understand why he bears any relevance to this post, then hang your sorry, sorry head in shame. Step Two: Watch THIS. Step 3: Raise your hand if you've attempted to construct a... More  →
Interview With A Sparkler, Round: Christopher Lloyd is the MAN