Skip over navigation

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 17, 2010
Normally when a video receives a score as low as 5.20 (which is what last week's clip averaged), Chelsea Dagger spends 3 days in mourning, cursing the inventor of the internet and eating nothing but her own tears. But this time around,... More  →

Open Thread for November 17

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 17, 2010
Apparently, lia.lovegood has never been to the zoo. Sure, this drawing is adorable, but check out the caption that came with it: I was sitting at home bored one day, and I decided to draw a penguin on "paint". I've never really used paint... More  →

The WINNER of the SparkNotes Academy Flag Contest Is...

By Emily WinterNovember 16, 2010
The time has finally come for us to announce the WINNER OF THE SPARKNOTES ACADEMY FLAG CONTEST! The winner will... be crowned Sparkler of the Universe. be treated to a milkshake by the Sparkitors if she ever finds herself in New York. have her design featured on... More  →
The WINNER of the SparkNotes Academy Flag Contest Is...

Open Thread for November 16

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 16, 2010
NoahNosh submitted these great pics along with the following explanation: The first is a picture of my car. It's definitely not sitting on a table, and certainly not being propped up by my finger pushing down the other end. The... More  →

The Friday Awards, Monday Edition

By ContributorNovember 15, 2010
Friday Awards become the Monday Awards when Sparklers send them late on Fridays and we've already left the SparkOffice. At least this is a happy way to start the week! —Sparkitors Hello everyone! We don’t know about you, but the Sparklewarders are very excited for the upcoming... More  →
The Friday Awards, Monday Edition

Breaking My Technology Addiction

By ContributorNovember 15, 2010
CaptainFF5 is taking a stand against her technology obsession—are you brave enough do the same? We're definitely, definitely not. —Sparkitors Like so many other twenty-first century teens, I have a serious problem: I'm addicted to electronics. From TV to the... More  →

Cute Thing of The Week

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 15, 2010
ATTENTION, SPARKLERS: No fish were harmed in the making of last week's Cute Thing post. So you can take the ASPCA off speed-dial; it turns out that this ed just misunderstood keeloyee's email, and that bowl was completely empty—except... More  →

Open Thread for November 15

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 15, 2010
travelwriter21 sent us this awesome photo along with the following caption: Here is a photo from my recent trip to New York City. You know that one girl? With the hair? And the pants? That was me. I'm sure we passed each other on the street,... More  →

Open Thread for November 14

By EmmaNovember 14, 2010
Millie writes...

"I give you Cuddles. He's looking especially ominous on top of penguin bedsheets."

"Here's a shot of his horrible bacne."

"Please don't call my creation Pikachu-esque or the dreaded C-U-T-E. I honestly created him from

... More  →
Open Thread for November 14

Open Thread for November 13

By EmmaNovember 13, 2010
FrolickingSheep says that if you help her name this top hat—which is entirely made of duct tape!—she'll send us, the Sparkitors, a lifetime supply of bacon and Cheez-Its. So, if we understand this correctly, we can sit here painting our toenails while you... More  →
Open Thread for November 13