Skip over navigation

Open Thread for August 27

By Emily WinterAugust 27, 2010
Dont_panic__42 tricked us groggyhead editors on this autumn-y Friday morning! *stomps feet and swigs coffee* She said... LOOK!!! I took a picture of my shadow!!!¬† Just kidding! but I did really climb to the top of this to get this picture. and it was... More  →
Open Thread for August 27

Open Thread for August 26

By Emily WinterAugust 26, 2010
Nomsicles, on ice! We realize that makes no sense, but it's so fun to say. gravity no longer applies has this to say about her pic... IT'S A HOUSE! MADE OF CAKE!!!! CAKE I TELL YOU!!!! Unfortunately i was unable to find any little cake people inside... More  →
Open Thread for August 26

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 25, 2010
We have several riveting discussion points for today's post: 1. Some of you consider the delivery of US mail to be nothing short of sacrosanct. As such, you will be deeply unhappy to learn the postman who delivers letters and magazines to Chelsea Dagger's Brooklyn apartment... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Open Thread for August 25

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 25, 2010
Today we've got a special treat for all y'all: an open thread by Auntie SparkNotes! Go ahead, feast upon its glory: On Saturday, August 21st, Brad (a.k.a. my husband, a.k.a. "Mr. Auntie SparkNotes") went to an NY Giants pre-season game and ended up sitting... More  →
Open Thread for August 25

Open Thread for August 24

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 24, 2010
This awww-inspiring, absolutely adorable ball of fur was brought to you by eyeyeyepatch, who wrote: This is my cat, Bogey, and my dog, Teddy. ¬†Sadly, Teddy had to be put down in July, but when he was around these two used to curl up... More  →
Open Thread for August 24

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 23, 2010
This darling photograph of Minty the cat was submitted by schmurfie, who clearly isn't one to let a Kodak moment go to waste. Let's see if you can come up with even more cat-tastic (see what we did... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Open Thread for August 23

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 23, 2010
ThisIsShe sent in this super-rad picture of a hippogriff, which was drawn with facepaint onto her leg. IRONIC, right?! Facepaint on someone's leg? Get it? Maybe? Oh, whatever. Just go read the Think Tank and maybe we'll send you a hippogriff... More  →
Open Thread for August 23

Open Thread for August 22

By Miss MarmAugust 22, 2010
This Sparkler's coworkers are clearly brain damaged:

Enclosed is a picture I took during lunch at my summer job. I was looking at all the condiments in a pile at our conference table, and I decided to organize them (the ketchup took the longest).

... More  →
Open Thread for August 22

Open Thread for August 21

By EmmaAugust 21, 2010
Look at this pensive cat on a bed, then look at this email from the photog:

im a cat person.

Dont_panic__42 (a.k.a. Captain Abbey)

P.S. sorry for the excessive mail from me

p.s. Never apologize for excessive mails. WE LOVE THEM!

... More  →
Open Thread for August 21

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterAugust 20, 2010
Sparklers young and younger, far and farther, it is time to choose your flag! This week, this ed finally forced Chelsea Dagger (at Cheeto-point, which is like knife-point, but sharper in the cheddar) to put up THIS POLL with your... More  →
The Friday Awards