Skip over navigation

Open Thread for October 31

By EmmaOctober 31, 2010
Rah rah rah ah ah, Roma ro ma ma, Gaga oh la la—oh, excuse us, we didn't see you reading there. IT'S HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And what better way to celebrate than with a picture of Venus De Milo dripping with sequins? This pic is courtesy of... More  →
Open Thread for October 31

Open Thread for October 30

By EmmaOctober 30, 2010
We plan to spend the day before Halloween hand-sewing sequins onto our zombie ice skater costume and eating candy pumpkins until our teeth fall out. And you? Thanks for the seasonally-appropriate pic, Emberlynn54! (This is TARDIS, Emberlynn's purple ninja pumpkin, in case you didn't... More  →
Open Thread for October 30

The Friday Awards

By ContributorOctober 29, 2010
The Friday Awards committee (aka HADS) is back with your weekly dose of Spark<3, praise, and brains (for Halloween). —Sparkitors Happy almost Halloween! Everyone at HADS is psyched for candy. I don’t know about you, but when I’m done with this, I’m going to go and run... More  →
The Friday Awards

Interview With A Sparkler: Round "Further Evidence That Sparklers Are Better Than Everyone Else"

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 29, 2010
FANTASTIC NEWS, SPARKLERS: It's almost Halloween. And you know what that means, right?! Yeah, neither do we. But we're 97.8% sure that it has something to do with marshmallow pumpkins, and in that case: WE'RE ALL IN. The only thing we enjoy more than... More  →

Open Thread for October 29

By Emily WinterOctober 29, 2010
Meet Jack. According to our report, Jack likes coffee, long walks on the beach, and chewing his Sparkler's shoes. Sounds like the perfect man to us! ... More  →
Open Thread for October 29

Ahab Has Added "Monomaniacal Revenge" to His Interests

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 28, 2010
Here at SparkNotes, we often sit around pondering the truly important questions in life. Ancient philosophical questions that have tormented great thinkers through the centuries. Questions like "What is the true measure of greatness?," "Why are we here?," and "What the heck is a platypus,... More  →
Ahab Has Added

Welcome to the New SparkLife!!!

By Emily WinterOctober 28, 2010
*small voice* Hi. ... Oh, I know: This isn't what you expected, is it? Your Dan Bergstein-loving friend probably sent you a screenshot of me, and this looks nothing like it. I have to admit, that screenshot is old. It was taken minutes ago. If you don't... More  →
Welcome to the New SparkLife!!!

Open Thread for October 28

By Emily WinterOctober 28, 2010
Wow! We're speechless! You talk instead, Elena28! I visited my aunt in Arizona two years ago and immediately fell in love with the desert, especially Sedona.  This picture was taken in Sedona, Arizona on the side of the road.  The different colors you... More  →
Open Thread for October 28

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 27, 2010
Quite a few of your heads exploded last week when Chelsea Dagger accidentally claimed that eggs were dairy products, and your complaints were most eloquently expressed by {TheSisterAct}, who wrote: Dear Ms. Dagger, This is a letter from the... More  →

Guide to Freshman Year

By Emily WinterOctober 27, 2010
Everyone is scared of high school. Everyone! Even ninjas. More  →
Open Thread for October 27