Search Menu
Menu

Ask a Teacher: What Surprises You Most About Teenagers?

By Mr. JungOctober 11, 2011
Q: What Surprises You Most About Teenagers? A: I am surprised by your pragmatism and startling efficiency at accomplishing goals. Surprised, impressed, and slightly unnerved. Take it as both a significant compliment and a source of profound worry on my part. During office hours, students will often... More  →
Ask a Teacher: What Surprises You Most About Teenagers?

Open Thread for October 9

By SparkLifeOctober 9, 2011
Once again, your Sparkitors have collapsed into a puddle of rage and jealousy at the pictorial evidence that while they're killing cockroaches in Brooklyn, Sparklers like PoeticJustice007 are traipsing around The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Way to crush our spirits, Poetic!... More  →
Open Thread for October 9

Open Thread for October 8

By SparkLifeOctober 8, 2011
Elena28's desk is watched over by Hermione and wizards. She probably writes magically good papers. Send us your desk pics! contribute@sparknotes.com... More  →
Open Thread for October 8

Open Thread for October 7

By Jennifer GrudzieckiOctober 7, 2011
lightningFhae got bored and drew this Gryffindor crest on some scratch paper, and we gotta say, we're impressed! It looks legit! When we get bored, we draw stick people.... More  →
Open Thread for October 7

Thank You, Steve Jobs

By Lauren PassellOctober 6, 2011
Yesterday we learned about the death of Steve Jobs, inventor and Apple CEO (and former chief exec of Pixar). Jobs, who was 56, succumbed to pancreatic cancer, which he had been fighting since 2004. Dear Mr. Jobs, We'd like to thank you for your... More  →
Thank You, Steve Jobs

Open Thread for October 6

By SparkLifeOctober 6, 2011
It's National Bounding Puppy Day! I mean, not really, but what the heck, this dog's adorable. ... More  →
Open Thread for October 6

Open Thread for October 5

By SparkLifeOctober 5, 2011
kimmie1323 sent us this picture of turtles suntanning in Canada. Whatever, turtles. Who needs sunshine? Who needs beautiful blue water? Who needs the feeling of freedom that comes with having seemingly endless summer days ahead??? NO ONE, that's who. We're not bitter. We just... More  →
Open Thread for October 5

Open Thread for October 4

By SparkLifeOctober 4, 2011
This is a picture of Rosie, my parents' adorable dog, who is very possibly the best dog in the world. Her hobbies include rolling around in rabbit pee, getting tummy rubs, and solving quadratic equations. I MISS YOU, ROSIE!... More  →
Open Thread for October 4

Open Thread for October 2

By SparkLifeOctober 2, 2011
Just looking at Chabelinni's desk make us feel organized and productive. And is that a pink pencil case we see in the lower righthand corner? Swoon! Send your desk pics to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for October 2

Open Thread for October 1

By SparkLifeOctober 1, 2011
InsaneRunningKid sent us an amazing picture, and an even more amazing caption. "This? Right here? Is my? Pretty. Awesome. Desk. AYYY!!! No, but for seriously, this is my desk. In the top left corner we have my stuffed monkey, Pigfarts, guarded closely by Anakin Skywalker,... More  →
Open Thread for October 1