Skip over navigation

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 8, 2010
So, we know Natalie Portman had to do about a gazillion hours of training for her ballet performance in Black Swan. But if she did a gazillion, then this lady had to have done about twenty gazillion... I mean, wow. Just... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for December 8

By Emily WinterDecember 8, 2010
Wow, this photo looks like it should be in The New York Times! swallowseaves, says... "Here is a picture of rows and rows of jellybeanz. I love to color organized things, so I made my friend take a picture of me... More  →
Open Thread for December 8

Deadline Approaching for New Sparkler Post Badge!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 7, 2010
Hey guys! You've all been sending in your submissions for the new Sparkler Post badge and they're looking good! But... we just wanted to remind you all, in case you forgot, the deadline is 11:59 p.m. EST on December 8... so hurry up and send those... More  →
Deadline Approaching for New Sparkler Post Badge!

Open Thread for December 7

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 7, 2010
Hey Sparklers, do you know what today is? Yes, it's Pearl Harbor Day. That's not what we're talking about. Okay, you're right, it's also the day that Deleware became the first US state to ratify the Constitution. (Why do... More  →

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 7, 2010
Today's pick—sent to me by Sparkitor Emma Chastain—was chosen for two reasons: 1) Harry Potter/Daniel Radcliffe. (Need I say more?) 2) It's really... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 6, 2010
Becky<3Bazil sent us this charming photo of her very spoiled cat, along with the following caption: All I can say is that my kitten likes to ride in style! So do we, Becky, which is why we take the... More  →

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 6, 2010
Well, thanks to another anonymous Sparkler, I have been introduced to the fabulous website Hyoperbole and a Half. Basically, I was laughing so hard I cried. Two Recommendations on the site (since you probably don't have time to read them all): 7 Games You Can... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for December 6

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 6, 2010
There was a bit of controversy last week when we ran an Open Thread about Mitch the Comment Stealer—apparently, Mitch not only steals comments, he also steals IDENTITES. Yep, it looks like Mitch tried to take the title of the true... More  →

Open Thread for December 5

By EmmaDecember 5, 2010
Most pinky fingers are gender neutral. Duh! Everyone knows that, including hlucero06:

This is just a picture of my pinky finger with a raspberry as a hat. I wanted to name it Bob, but I wasn't entirely sure if it was a

... More  →
Open Thread for December 5

Open Thread for December 4

By EmmaDecember 4, 2010
bad_hijab_day (who, by the way, has one of our all-time favorite usernames) sent us this email:

Sparkitors!

I was attempting to be artistic with the tree branches, but then I saw the smiley. Do you see it?

We see it! We totally... More  →
Open Thread for December 4