Search Menu
Menu

Terrible at Science and Math? The Internets (and the Green Brothers) Can Save You.

By Molly HoranJanuary 24, 2012
Without Bill Nye, I would know as much about science as societies that thought the earth was flat and bad weather meant the gods were super pissed. When I was 13, I didn't want to learn about centrifugal force or ... More  →
Terrible at Science and Math? The Internets (and the Green Brothers) Can Save You.

The Hunger Games...With Legos!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 24, 2012
Yes, it's true, we're terrible enablers and we're feeding your Hunger Games obsession. But we just couldn't resist this video LunyLovegood sent in... it's the Hunger Games trailer, but made with Legos! We love the terrible photoshopping and hilarious Lego expressions...and the fact... More  →
The Hunger Games...With Legos!

Open Thread for January 24

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 24, 2012
Today is a very special day indeed, butts; IT IS THE 21ST BIRTHDAY OF THE SMALLEST DAGGER, MY LITTLE SISTER MADELEINE. She is absurdly talented (think the voice of Sara Bareilles and the lyrical sensibilities of Ed... More  →
Open Thread for January 24

Open Thread for January 23

By SparkLifeJanuary 23, 2012
Ah, the sun. KailahKrayola225's yellow flower reminds us of the sun...which we haven't seen in ages, what with being locked away in the SparkNotes dungeon writing posts 23 hours a day. The things we do for you Sparklebutts...Send us more pics for the... More  →
Open Thread for January 23

Open Thread for January 22

By SparkLifeJanuary 22, 2012
We really love whichwitchiswhich?'s indie-raindrops-on-windshield picture. Can't you just see the way it reflects the anguish in our photographer's soul? And how each raindrop is a tear shed for crimes against humanity? And the blurred road, representing how unclear the path of life... More  →
Open Thread for January 22

How to Be a Nerdfighter

By ContributorJanuary 20, 2012
flyergirl13 has finally cleared up the nerdfighter mystery for us. Ready to decrease worldsuck?—Sparkitors In honor of Geek Week, I'm going to tell you all about the best kind of nerd culture there is. And no, I don't mean a culture of... More  →
How to Be a Nerdfighter

The Weirdest Movie of All Time

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 20, 2012
You all know the story of Aladdin. Hopefully, you've all seen the Disney movie and love it. But, thanks to Starkidette, we've been introduced to...this...movie? We're not really sure what to call it, since it looks so awful. A combination of Aladdin, Beauty... More  →
The Weirdest Movie of All Time

Open Thread for January 20

By SparkLifeJanuary 20, 2012
paradiselight made this awesome balloon flower during her short obsession with balloon art. Isn't it cool? Doesn't it look slightly like a baby toy? Really, though, we're glad we weren't the only ones to go through a balloon art phase. At least you'll... More  →
Open Thread for January 20

Sh*t Sparklers Say

By Emily WinterJanuary 19, 2012
We were so jazzed about Josh's Sh*t Geeks Say video that we had to make one of our own—ABOUT YOU. (We hope you'll retaliate with a Sh*t Sparkitors Say.) Now hit play to meet intern Jenny (in the intro), Chelsea, Emma, Sparky the Dog, and... More  →
Sh*t Sparklers Say

The Best Lines from Harry Potter

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 19, 2012
Hippogriff_Hugger sent us this lovely video, and it almost makes us want to cry...ah, I have to say, the cast picks well—these are some fantastic lines from the Harry Potter movies, and they make me wish I could go back and watch all... More  →
The Best Lines from Harry Potter