Skip over navigation

Open Thread for November 24

By Emily WinterNovember 24, 2010
Sparklers, I'd like to introduce you to Sparky. He's my new dog!!! I got him from an animal shelter in Brooklyn. He's 7 years old. The people at the shelter called him a "Heinz 57," because... More  →
Open Thread for November 24

We're Looking for a NEW Never Been Kissed Columnist (and Other Columnists, too)!

By Emily WinterNovember 23, 2010
Are you a good writer? Are you totally unafraid to share details of your personal life with the SparkLife community? Have you ever practiced kissing a lip-shaped wad of your little brother's Play-Doh when no one was looking? Are you reliable and able to meet... More  →
We're Looking for a NEW Never Been Kissed Columnist (and Other Columnists, too)!

Open Thread for November 23

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 23, 2010
This is a photograph of  Possum-Cheese-Ninja's little brother—and, as you may have noticed, there's a GIGANTIC BUBBLE floating directly over his adorable little head. Apparently, all this fun took place in in Central Park—but WE'VE never seen a single bubble magician over there.... More  →

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 22, 2010
How's THIS for a change of pace: today, we're not "awwww"-ing over puppies, crown-wearing cats, or this weird kid in a teddy bear suit—nope, we've got a brand new breed of cute, and it's called the SPIDER MONKEY. Sure, his arachnid-inspired name doesn't... More  →

Open Thread for November 22

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 22, 2010
SparklyMongoose sent us this uber-rad drawing, along with the following explanation: I can't take full credit for the design. My cousin-ish type person (my sister married his cousin, but we act like brother and sister) came up with the idea, except he wanted... More  →

Open Thread for November 21

By EmmaNovember 21, 2010
Katt223 is basically the nicest person ever. It was her best friend's little brother's 11th birthday, so what did she create for him? "An acceptance letter to Hogwarts. I tea stained paper, copied down the letter, and attached it to Bertram's leg. But... More  →
Open Thread for November 21

Open Thread for November 20

By EmmaNovember 20, 2010
It's your Sparkitors here, with an important announcement: THIS IS ONE OF OUR FAVORITE OPEN THREAD PICS EVERRRRRRR!!!!! It's by Anggik, it's made of truffle wrappers (!!!!!!), and we consider it artwork (seriously). Because of our dumbhead website, you can't really see the tabs on Anggik's... More  →
Open Thread for November 20

The Friday Awards

By ContributorNovember 19, 2010
This week, NightOwlGirl14 represents HADS to bring you The Friday Awards! —Sparkitors Hey Sparklers! It’s Friday! Welcome to the Friday Awards! This Sparklewarder spent all week trying on obnoxious makeup for a play, watching too many YouTube videos, and not hyperventilating over all... More  →
The Friday Awards

Sparkler Quiz: Animation Sensation!

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 19, 2010
Let me guess: since the last Quiz post was published, you've just been sitting in a mildewy cave, munching on rocks, and PRAYING for the day that we'd put up a new one. Well, spit out those pebbles, yo (seriously, they can't be... More  →

Interview With A Sparkler, Round: "Face Tattoos ARE NOT Making a Comeback"

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 19, 2010
APPARENTLY, most of you aren't overly jazzed about the idea of getting "inked up," and we can't really blame you. Tattoos are a mysterious, intimidating art form—unless you live in Brooklyn, where everybody and their pet pitbull has at least 197. Regardless of whether... More  →