Skip over navigation

Open Thread for January 6

By Emily WinterJanuary 6, 2011
aleyna22 called this a "twisty tree." O, Twisty Tree, O, Twisty Tree, You've twust into my mindgrapes.... More  →
Open Thread for January 6

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 5, 2011
Guess what we've got for you this week, Sparklers? C'mon, guess! You'll never guess. We'll tell you: it's a video of Daniel Radcliffe whittling a flute! Yes, really! He's going to whittle an endangered redwood tree down into a usable musical instrument, and by god,... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 5, 2011
Today's pick was sent in by Captain Abbey, and it goes up because: 1) It's weird how all the dialogue fits together so well. 2) I feel like someone, somewhere, is making fun of Twilight with this video, and that's alright with me. Send in your favorite videos... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for January 5

By Emily WinterJanuary 5, 2011
swedish_fish says... This year I was a bit unnecessarily overambitious when I was gingerbread housing. Is it too late to send in a picture of a gingerbread house, in this case a gingerbread TARDIS (with a gingerbread doctor and a gingerbread dalek)? Never too late,... More  →
Open Thread for January 5

Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1D

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 4, 2011
The winner of Round 1C is Badge#10! Congratulations, this badge gets to move on to Round 2! And congratulations to all of the Sparklers whose badges were voted on in the last round, because there were A TON of votes for all of them. Now, before... More  →
Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1D

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 4, 2011
Today's pick was sent in by MsMoonBow. It's a song written entirely in palindromes. How could that not be... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for January 4

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 4, 2011
Chelsea Dagger has just returned from her unprecedentedly glorious 10-day vacation in Colorado, and this board game, magnificently crafted by Pistaciosaregreat, perfectly represents her journey, which was fraught with mountains, VICTORY, and hobbits (they're real. Bet on it). Here's what Pistacios had to say about her... More  →
Open Thread for January 4

Open Thread for January 3

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 3, 2011
Luna Lovegood sent us this epic masterpiece of Darren Criss doing the gLee sign, and we've just got to say: DANG, GIRL. You got SKILLZ. We tried to draw Darren once, but he came out looking like a tree stump with... More  →
Open Thread for January 3

Open Thread for January 2

By EmmaJanuary 2, 2011
So these cookies are in the mail on the way to the Sparkitor headquarters, right? RIGHT?!? *sobs and drools on keyboard* Dear Sparkitors, My friend atleastimflyingfree and I made cookies together, and all the reindeer and snowmen and elves were too boring, so we made...... More  →

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 2, 2011
Take it away, Bluebird_13! This is my pet chicken Puffy. She likes poetry, long walks at the beach, and dancing. But mostly, she likes pretending that she's a dog and enjoys digging up the garden. Dude, MAD PROPS on your naming skillz. Puffy is the... More  →