Skip over navigation

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 15, 2010

We have it on good (read: extremely unreliable) authority that presently, Joseph Gordon Levitt has zero internet access, which means he'll be spared the crushing knowledge that last week's video earned a mere 6.78 on the Scale of Awesomeness.

... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Open Thread for September 15

By Emily WinterSeptember 15, 2010

The Mystery Sparkler who sent this pic left us no clues about her nickname. She simply said...

The first time I started solving sudoku puzzles was when I was 12. Just to see what it just did to me 4 years later was just

... More  →
Open Thread for September 15

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1F

By Emily WinterSeptember 14, 2010

What?!?!?! A TIE?!?!?!?

Ermm, actually, no. But pretty freaking close. SO close, in fact, that we're sending BOTH Flag 19 and Flag 20 to the second round.

Way to go Skippy Gone Postal—designer of Flag 19, which was only three votes shy of Flag 20.

... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1F

Open Thread for September 14

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 14, 2010
bookworkm385 sent us this gnarly-rad sick pic of a bike flip, yo. (Did we sound genuinely cool just then? Actually, don't answer that.)... More  →
Open Thread for September 14

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1E

By Sarah PeregoySeptember 13, 2010
Yo, Sparklers! I'm your comment-reading/birthday-scouring/loving-every-minute-of-it intern, here to bring you the next round of the SparkNotes Academy Flag contest. These flags are epic, y’all. I am super-jealous of how high-tech and computer-savvy your flags make you seem. I imagine that you’re all like Emily, who can... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1E

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 13, 2010
Annnnnnd...WE'RE BACK. (And cuter than ever, as evidenced by this image of Tiger, submitted by muffinsarejustbetter.) We know you missed us terribly last Monday, but our absence has its upside: as we didn't post a new Cute... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

QUIZINATOR: Sparkler Series—Part 1!

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 13, 2010
Last week, as you may recall, we asked, nay, begged, for your finest quiz submissions—and you, as ever, came through, delivering a dozen phenomenal quizzes directly to our inbox. We wish we could shower you with thank-you gifts, but our budget is already stretched to the limit (we... More  →
QUIZINATOR: Sparkler Series—Part 1!

Open Thread for September 13

By Emily WinterSeptember 13, 2010
This is the dawning of the age of aquarium. Age of aquarium. Age of aquariiiiiiiiuuuuuuuum. home9310 says... If you look close you can see a fish that resembles Dory (from Finding Nemo) in the background! Send your pics to contribute@sparknotes.com! ... More  →
Open Thread for September 13

Open Thread for September 12

By EmmaSeptember 12, 2010
What's going on with this goat? Is he getting low? Impersonating a slobby human watching TV? Taking a little break after going for a jog? Trying to recover after hearing terrible news? Thanks for mystifying us, Dont_Panic_42! Send your ambiguous pictures to contribute@sparknotes.com for... More  →
Open Thread for September 12

Open Thread for September 11

By EmmaSeptember 11, 2010
It's Fashion Week in New York. How appropriate, then, that today's OT features ESKan's tres chic guinea pig, Max. Note the perfectly-coiffed whiskers, Blue Steel gaze, and fashion-forward accessorizing. Also note that Max is a girl. Gender-bending is so hot for 2010. Send your runway... More  →
Open Thread for September 11