Skip over navigation

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: THE FINAL ROUND 1 SHOWDOWN

By Emily WinterSeptember 21, 2010
Forty flags were entered. Only eleven of the toughest, strongest, most bloodthirsty SparkNotes Academy flags (or twelve, if there's a tie today!) are moving onto the next round. And that round is called ROUND 2. Which flag will be the last to make it to Round 2 against all... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: THE FINAL ROUND 1 SHOWDOWN

5 Things Wrong with SparkLife

By ContributorSeptember 21, 2010
We love how you hate us, neomaxizoomdwbi! —Sparkitors Scary title, huh? Before everyone runs away to get torches and pitchforks, hear me out. SparkLife is the most amazing site on the internet. There’s no doubt in my mind about that. But it’s not entirely... More  →
5 Things Wrong with SparkLife

Open Thread for September 21

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 21, 2010
HOLD THE PRESSES. We've got yet ANOTHER unbelievably cuddly SparkLife mascot submission, this time from thecanofsoup. Here's what she had to say: This is a Pikachu, but not just any Pikachu.  This is Sparky!  The official (as voted by three sparklers) mascot for the... More  →
Open Thread for September 21

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1I

By Sarah PeregoySeptember 20, 2010
Happy Monday, Sparklers!! Guess what?? There's only one more day in the SparkLife Academy Flag-Off Round 1 edition. Can you believe it? We can't! And we won't! Anywhooz, congrats to yesterday's winner, prolife795! This flag is oozing with epicness. We don't know how you... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1I

Cute Thing Of The Week

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 20, 2010
We can't help but throw up all over everything when we look at this photo. That's how cute it is. Like, so cute that we just have to BARF. Does it get your gag reflex going as... More  →
Cute Thing Of The Week

Open Thread for September 20

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 20, 2010
loonylovegood15 sent us this insanely awesome drawing with the following caption: Backstory about the purple Pikachu: A couple of weeks ago a group of Sparklers were discussing the possible Mascot for SN Academy, and we decided on a Pikachu, appropriately named Sparky. Hope you Enjoy... More  →
Open Thread for September 20

Open Thread for September 19

By EmmaSeptember 19, 2010
applegrins11 took this cool pic of an eye, and told us that the iris reminds her of stretched gum. T-t-t-totally dude! Well said. To be honest, this eye is making us a little sad. The whites are so WHITE and perfect! The whites of... More  →
Open Thread for September 19

Open Thread for September 18

By EmmaSeptember 18, 2010
The Sparkler who took this pic says, "The dull background contrasts with the vivid color of this beautiful *insert name of plant here*." We would like to insert the name Nadine, or, if this flower turns out to be a boy, Freddy. Send your pretty pics to... More  →
Open Thread for September 18

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1H

By Emily WinterSeptember 17, 2010

Congratulations to Sparkler Lumos26 for winning yesterday's Super Flag Challenge with this understated and classy design.

Of course, the real winner today is ME and the other Sparkitors because GUESS WHAT. One of your fellow Sparklers actually put bologna in her ears, per

... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1H

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterSeptember 17, 2010

The SparkLife Week In Review:

This week, a Sparkler (*cough* 11sande) put bologna in her ears.

And a post about SparkLove brought us to tears.

GirlWhoWrites went shopping, and Ashley got a

... More  →
The Friday Awards