Skip over navigation

Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1B

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 21, 2010
Congratulations to Sparkler locoproxi for winning the first round of the Sparkler Post Badge contest! (Badge #3 will move on to Round 2, after we've completed Round 1.) We'd also like to give a big pat on the back to... More  →
Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1B

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 21, 2010
You know those jokes that make you want to cry because they're so terrible? Those ones your grandpa tells you when you go over to his house at Christmas every single year? Well, thanks to today's pick, you can tell your own! So go on,... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for December 21

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 21, 2010
so-she-said sent us this adorable and/or vaguely terrifying sketch with the following caption: This is a beautiful artistic rendering of the lovable (and by lovable, I mean annoying) SparkLife/Open Thread gremlins! All we can say is that if we had to choose... More  →
Open Thread for December 21

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 20, 2010
We took one look at this photo, with its anonymous hindquarters, its well-placed Honda, and its, er, orthodontically-challenged horse, and we thought to ourselves, "THERE ARE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE THIS SCENE." But apparently, we were wrong; luckothegaelic has plenty of... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 20, 2010
Today's pick is called the Lame Site List and it (coincidentally) is a list of some of those lame web sites out there. "Why?" I hear you asking. Three reasons: 1) Everyone likes to waste time on the internet. I'm just trying to make your time wasting... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for December 20

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 20, 2010
It's -45 degrees here in New York (that may have been a slight exaggeration, but you can't prove anything), and apparently, travelwriter21 is feeling the chill as well: I went outside this morning and realized something...... More  →
Open Thread for December 20

Open Thread for December 19

By EmmaDecember 19, 2010
This amazingly beautiful photo makes us think of snacks. Why? Because hello!'s email starts like this:

Dear Sparkitators (I hope i spelled it right),

You didn't, but Sparkitators sounds like tater tots (just go with it), so we heartily approve!

... More  →
Open Thread for December 19

Open Thread for December 18

By EmmaDecember 18, 2010
Anggik's latest masterpiece cheered us up...at first. But then we noticed that postscript. "P.S. Be GOOD SANTA'S COMING." And we remembered accidentally-on-purpose stealing our friend's favorite pants and never "remembering" to give them back. Will Santa still give us... More  →
Open Thread for December 18

Interview With A Sparkler, Round: None of Us Are Going Platinum Any Time Soon

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 17, 2010
It's become painfully apparent that despite all of our best efforts (we had a righteous jam session in the copy room one time), none of us Sparkitors have the chops to make it big in the music world. We lack the necessary talent, the essential... More  →
Interview With A Sparkler, Round: None of Us Are Going Platinum Any Time Soon

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 17, 2010
Today's pick is just random. And funny. And I think you Sparklers can appreciate that, right? Send in your favorite random things to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day