Skip over navigation

Open Thread for November 29

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 29, 2010
We're still too busy basking in the glow of the best Thanksgiving EVER to think clearly, so we're gonna let flyergirl13 do the talking today: Do you have to ask the butterfly to sign a waiver before it appears on SparkNotes? I'd ask it... More  →

Open Thread for November 28

By EmmaNovember 28, 2010
We got another pic from Sparkler and all-girls' dorm-resident emMCie! She says... Remember that picture I sent you from Halloween of the statue of Venus De Milo in my dorm dressed up as Lady Gaga? Well this week the costume bandit struck again!... More  →
Open Thread for November 28

Open Thread for November 27

By EmmaNovember 27, 2010
According to lia.lovegood, Sparky the horse "loves SparkNotes, and this is the expression he gets when it's the weekend and the only posts are open threads." Sparky the horse isn't the only one. We really miss you guys on the... More  →
Open Thread for November 27

9 Reasons the World Needs More Manklers

By ContributorNovember 26, 2010
maximumrandomness, might be the next Christopher Hitchens, but not if we can train it out of him. –Sparkitors What is a Mankler? For those who don’t know, a Mankler is a male sparkler. “Mankler” is one of those words that you find yourself... More  →
9 Reasons the World Needs More Manklers

Open Thread for November 26

By Emily WinterNovember 26, 2010
So, are ALL of you Sparklers spectacular artists?!??! It seems like it. This fantastic poster by Anggik is so freaking awesome that we feel inadequate. Excuse us while we find our Snow White coloring book and attempt to stay in the lines. And... More  →
Open Thread for November 26

Open Thread for November 25

By Emily WinterNovember 25, 2010
Happy Thanksgiving!!! (NOMS FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR.) We'd love to celebrate with Chabelinni, who's skinny turkey chalk drawing was REJECTED by her sister and aunt. They had to show her what a REAL turkey looks like. Fat turkies (or tofurkies) only!... More  →
Open Thread for November 25

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 24, 2010
TODAY IS A GOOD DAY, SPARKLEHEADS. You want to know why? Because not only did you rate last week's clip a smashing 9.21, you've also got a massive treat coming your way, courtesy of Sparkler I... More  →

Open Thread for November 24

By Emily WinterNovember 24, 2010
Sparklers, I'd like to introduce you to Sparky. He's my new dog!!! I got him from an animal shelter in Brooklyn. He's 7 years old. The people at the shelter called him a "Heinz 57," because... More  →
Open Thread for November 24

We're Looking for a NEW Never Been Kissed Columnist (and Other Columnists, too)!

By Emily WinterNovember 23, 2010
Are you a good writer? Are you totally unafraid to share details of your personal life with the SparkLife community? Have you ever practiced kissing a lip-shaped wad of your little brother's Play-Doh when no one was looking? Are you reliable and able to meet... More  →
We're Looking for a NEW Never Been Kissed Columnist (and Other Columnists, too)!

Open Thread for November 23

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 23, 2010
This is a photograph of  Possum-Cheese-Ninja's little brother—and, as you may have noticed, there's a GIGANTIC BUBBLE floating directly over his adorable little head. Apparently, all this fun took place in in Central Park—but WE'VE never seen a single bubble magician over there.... More  →