Skip over navigation
Prom

Open Thread for March 4

By Emily WinterMarch 4, 2011
And they say vampires are dead! Well they are dead, but we're talking about popularity dead, like, that they are still pop—OH NEVER MIND. This is a photo of HarryPotterLoverGrL's local Target, specifically, it's exclusively vampire section.... More  →
Open Thread for March 4

Stock Photo Face-Off: Rhymes with Stevie Nicks

By Kathryn_WilliamsMarch 3, 2011
Gosh. This is embarrassing. We didn't see it coming at all. We've run out of uncomfortable/wacky/peculiar/illogical stock photos! We are fresh out. We've hit the bottom of the barrel. End of the line, folks! Move along. The stock photo agencies have come to their senses... More  →
Stock Photo Face-Off: Rhymes with Stevie Nicks

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 3, 2011
I have to admit, I've never been this excited about Interpretive Dance (or wanted to be British) so much before. But this video, sent in by Banaynays1295, is just AMAZING. And... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for March 3

By Emily WinterMarch 3, 2011
My dog Sparky peed on half my wardrobe last weekend when he was mad at me for going out with friends instead of playing with him. It sucked. ... More  →
Open Thread for March 3

Comments of the Week

By Emily WinterMarch 2, 2011
We can sit here no longer. We must stand! Stand and shout, for you people are kind of funny. To honor your wit, wisdom, and sometimes neither, we will be conducting a series of experiments on selected Sparklers using only one lab rat, six rusty... More  →
Comments of the Week

Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 4B

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 2, 2011
We thought we should not Challenge you to do something That we could not do So we're writing this Entirely in awesome Poetry—for reals. Now, in yesterday's show-down round Great poems and votes did abound But to proceed to Round Five Only one badge could survive So badge number eight will... More  →
Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 4B

Open Thread for March 2

By Emily WinterMarch 2, 2011
We kinda wish we'd been there for flyergirl13's bonfire party, but dude, this sounds dangerous! (That's the old lady in us, sorry.): My brother and I, and some other kids, decided to make a huge bonfire. You think bonfire, you think, okay,... More  →
Open Thread for March 2

Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 4A

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 1, 2011
Aaaaaaand the winner of Round 3D is TheEpicNinjaOfEpicness's Badge #25! Congratulations, Sparkler! Today is monumental. Today is life-changing. Today is HUGE. Today is half of Round 4! We are down to the Final Four Badges in this competition. (The final four in... More  →
Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 4A

Facebook War: Attack Of The Parentals

By ContributorMarch 1, 2011
jtjuvenile knows that you already friended your mom. Quit frontin'.—Sparkitors “Accept me, or I shall ground you.” “I sent you a friend request  on Facebook. It’s up to you if you want to add me.” “FINE, I promise I  won’t upload your... More  →
Facebook War: Attack Of The Parentals

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 1, 2011
This little girl is adorable... and dedicated. And obviously has never had a job. Raise your hand if you think she'll change her mind in a couple ... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day