Search Menu
Menu

Ron Weasley Was Supposed to Die

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 7, 2011
This is not a joke. J.K. Rowling ADMITTED that she seriously considered killing off Ron Weasley. That's right, Sparklers, not only did she kill Fred, Mad Eye, Dobby, Hedwig, Tonks, Lupin, and Sirius, she also wanted to kill Ron. RON! Can you believe it? I... More  →
Ron Weasley Was Supposed to Die

Open Thread for November 6

By SparkLifeNovember 6, 2011
This Sparkler's magical microwave can reheat last night's lasagna...and stop time. Got an amazing pic? Send it to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for November 6

Open Thread for November 5

By SparkLifeNovember 5, 2011
We were unaware of this meme before We TanTanTheLadiesMan's pumpkin got us Googling. Thanks for educating us, Tanster! Send your open thread pics to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for November 5

A Very Ooh-La-La Playlist

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 4, 2011
For all you international-type Sparklers, here's a playlist sure to make you happy: all the songs are French! So I expect you to speak in a French accent for the entire rest of the day. And also to dress like a mime. Ready? Go! "Dernière Danse"... More  →
A Very Ooh-La-La Playlist

Stephanie Meyer Announces Twimore

It would be just like Stephanie Meyer to copy J.K.R. and make a Twimore website. Hopefully, she just won't think of it, though. Right? Because this would be a nightmare. But also extremely laughable, I suppose. (You can thank Bluebird_13 for bringing this... More  →
Stephanie Meyer Announces Twimore

Should These Parents Go to Parent Jail?

By EmmaNovember 4, 2011
Does this video of parents claiming that they ate all their kids' Halloween candy make us laugh? Well, yes. But we feel terrible about it! It's gross to lie to your kids, it's grosser to FILM THEM while lying to them, and it's the grossest to... More  →
Should These Parents Go to Parent Jail?

Open Thread for November 4

Look, it's a happy face! "So what?" we can hear you wondering. "Anyone can paint a smiley face." Well, shut your scoffing mouths, because that happy face is awesome. Why? Because nobody painted it—it formed on a rock on the bottom of a lake. A... More  →
Open Thread for November 4

Welcome to Hufflepuff: Condolences from Dumbledore

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 3, 2011
This is the speech that Dumbledore should have made. If Dumbledore was a real person, he would have said this. I am sure. I mean, everyone knows that Hufflepuff gets a bit...ignored. And for all you Hufflepuffs out there: I'm sorry. And so is Dumbledore. Okay,... More  →
Welcome to Hufflepuff: Condolences from Dumbledore

Sorry, You Have to Like Justin Bieber Now

By EmmaNovember 3, 2011
We admit it: we were scared of this video. We recently watched another awkward white person freestyling, and the experience left us traumatized and shaky. So we were already cringing, preemptively, as we pressed PLAY. But then our winces turned to wonder! He is NOT... More  →
Sorry, You Have to Like Justin Bieber Now

Open Thread for November 3

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 3, 2011

Attolia sent in this hilarious "motivational poster" from Despair.com, and we couldn't help but chuckle (there might have been some snickering as well).

In

... More  →
Open Thread for November 3