Skip over navigation

How To Be an Awful Editor

By Emily WinterMay 19, 2011
So you want to one day be employed as an editor, eh? Did you know that being a great editor requires knowledge, patience, and professionalism? Yuck, yuck, yuck! It's plenty more fun to be an awful editor instead. Follow my lead: How to be an awful... More  →
How To Be an Awful Editor

Open Thread for May 19

By Emily WinterMay 19, 2011
muffinsarejustbetter says this rock looks like a dinosaur head. And you know what? We totally agree. WE KNEW THEY'D BE BACK!!!... More  →
Open Thread for May 19

Why SparkLife Is My Own Personal Brand of Heroin(e)

By Kathryn_WilliamsMay 18, 2011
I was going to write my post for Appreciation Week about Emily's question mark-shaped butt, but Chelsea Dagger stole that opportunity from me, so now I've decided to write my Appreciation Week post on SparkLife and why it completes me more than Emily's... More  →
Why SparkLife Is My Own Personal Brand of Heroin(e)

Kate Middleton and the Ugly Stepsisters

By Aislinn ShevlinMay 18, 2011
I "stumbled" upon this last night and could not keep it to myself. It's too funny!  Obviously, I'm still obsessing about the royal couple. "Cinderella and Kate" Send in your photos/videos to contribute@sparknotes.com. Related Post:"Royal Wedding Slide Show"... More  →
Kate Middleton and the Ugly Stepsisters

Blogging A Very Potter Musical: Part 3

By ContributorMay 18, 2011
PrestigiousTimeLady is back with the hilarious third installment to her AVPM blog!—Sparkitors This week's narwhal winners are..... sparky0000000000122222222 makemusicals Dreamerlily You three get an entire song about them, because well… you helped... More  →
Blogging A Very Potter Musical: Part 3

Open Thread for May 18

By Emily WinterMay 18, 2011
Anyone else play Call of Duty Zombies on their calculators like this Sparkler? Well, the cat is not interested. ... More  →
Open Thread for May 18

The Most Awesome Class Video

By Aislinn ShevlinMay 17, 2011
I wish my senior class had done a sweet video like this when I was in high school! This makes me wonder: how are you guys commemorating your last days in high school? (Thanks to an anonymous Sparkler for sending this.) Send in your videos... More  →
The Most Awesome Class Video

THE COMMENTING APOCALYPSE IS UPON US

By Chelsea DaggerMay 17, 2011
EVERYBODY PUT DOWN THE ILLEGAL FIRECRACKERS AND STEP AWAY FROM THAT PROVERBIAL LEDGE: it's going to be OKAY. We know there have been mad problems up in this heezy recently with Gary the Terrible, and we are as sorry as a sorry, sorry... More  →
THE COMMENTING APOCALYPSE IS UPON US

Nightmare on Stock Photo Street

By Kathryn_WilliamsMay 17, 2011
Guys, our Stock Photo Face-Off comments are flagging, so we decided to find some EXTRA creepy, EXTRA bizarre, EXTRA seizure-inducing stock photos for this week's face-off. We cannot promise that these won't give you nightmares, okay? So you might... More  →
Nightmare on Stock Photo Street

Open Thread for May 17

By Chelsea DaggerMay 17, 2011
Lilolemole says: I think this picture sums up nicely what every girl in Britain is thinking aroundabout now. Dude, this picture sums up what every SPARKITOR is thinkin' aroundabout now, too. Harry is FLY.... More  →
Open Thread for May 17