Menu

Celebrity Twitter Roundup

By Aislinn ShevlinOctober 12, 2011
"Had an idea for celebrity big brother. Leave them in there for months and when they come out let them know it wasn't televised." More  →
Celebrity Twitter Roundup

The Best 5-Year-Old Rapper in the World

By Jennifer GrudzieckiOctober 12, 2011
I am totally impressed—this little girl can really rap. And sing. And memorize an entire Nicki Minaj song. And she has an adorable accent. Not to mention, her cover of "Super Bass" is waaay better than both Taylor Swift's AND Selena Gomez's. Anybody else... More  →
The Best 5-Year-Old Rapper in the World

Open Thread for October 12

By Jennifer GrudzieckiOctober 12, 2011
orangexjuicexpsycho sent us this picture of her desk. It includes: "a Dwight Schrute bobble head, a tacky Mary of Guadalupe lamp that lights up and spins, a dead school-issued ipad, a Regina Spektor CD, and a TV so that I can watch... More  →
Open Thread for October 12

The Splogger Ladies Present: Our Most Embarrassing Period Stories

By Emily WinterOctober 11, 2011
You know what periods lead to? Babies (sort of). Also, disaster. Aunt Flow doesn't just visit, she burns the house down. Ever heard of The Red Scare? Yeah, that was us. We've been playing for Cincinnati for a lotta years now, and boy oh brother... More  →
The Splogger Ladies Present: Our Most Embarrassing Period Stories

Ask a Teacher: What Surprises You Most About Teenagers?

By Mr. JungOctober 11, 2011
Q: What Surprises You Most About Teenagers? A: I am surprised by your pragmatism and startling efficiency at accomplishing goals. Surprised, impressed, and slightly unnerved. Take it as both a significant compliment and a source of profound worry on my part. During office hours, students will often... More  →
Ask a Teacher: What Surprises You Most About Teenagers?

Open Thread for October 9

By SparkLifeOctober 9, 2011
Once again, your Sparkitors have collapsed into a puddle of rage and jealousy at the pictorial evidence that while they're killing cockroaches in Brooklyn, Sparklers like PoeticJustice007 are traipsing around The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Way to crush our spirits, Poetic!... More  →
Open Thread for October 9

Open Thread for October 8

By SparkLifeOctober 8, 2011
Elena28's desk is watched over by Hermione and wizards. She probably writes magically good papers. Send us your desk pics! contribute@sparknotes.com... More  →
Open Thread for October 8

Open Thread for October 7

By Jennifer GrudzieckiOctober 7, 2011
lightningFhae got bored and drew this Gryffindor crest on some scratch paper, and we gotta say, we're impressed! It looks legit! When we get bored, we draw stick people.... More  →
Open Thread for October 7

Thank You, Steve Jobs

By Lauren PassellOctober 6, 2011
Yesterday we learned about the death of Steve Jobs, inventor and Apple CEO (and former chief exec of Pixar). Jobs, who was 56, succumbed to pancreatic cancer, which he had been fighting since 2004. Dear Mr. Jobs, We'd like to thank you for your... More  →
Thank You, Steve Jobs

Open Thread for October 6

By SparkLifeOctober 6, 2011
It's National Bounding Puppy Day! I mean, not really, but what the heck, this dog's adorable. ... More  →
Open Thread for October 6