Skip over navigation

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 27, 2011
All I have to say about today's pick is that it's not what it seems. Watch it all the way through, 'cause the kicker is in the last few ... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for January 27

By Emily WinterJanuary 27, 2011
About this amazing piece of art, stupid_nickel says... My little brother is 13 and is AMAZING with an etch-a-sketch!!!  Here is a picture of one of his best. It's a little dark but you can CLEARLY see that it is a picture of DOGS... More  →
Open Thread for January 27

Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1I

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 26, 2011
Congratulations Badge #31, the winner of Round 1H! And great job to all the other badges, we think that may have been the closest round yet. And speaking of rounds, we only have three more rounds before we can move on to Round 2! So... More  →
Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1I

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 26, 2011
Last week's musical spectacular may have only scored an 8.48 on the Scale of Awesomness, but we're predicting you guys are going to RIOT (in a good, giant-party-flash-mob  way, not a "French Revolution" way) when you see this week's clip, which was submitted... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 26, 2011
Today's pick was sent in by NarniaSparks and it is amazing! "Why?" you ask. Two reasons: It's really funny. It's about a mime... except he really isn't a mime. Which makes the mime-ness so much better, since mimes... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for January 26

By Emily WinterJanuary 26, 2011
A castle! In... Illinois? Thanks, Mystery Sparkler. I had no idea there's a castle in my home state! ... More  →
Open Thread for January 26

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 25, 2011
Today's pick is just amusing... who knew that singers got their tunes from shows like The Simpsons... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for January 25

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 25, 2011
muffinsarejustbetter sent us the BEST surprise this morning: Heyhey Sparkitors! Guess what I have for you! That's right. A batch of muffins. And a picture, I guess. It says "SL" in redbluegreenyish lights! Because...*pause for dramatic cheesy effect* SL lights up my life. :) Isn't she the SWEETEST? And... More  →
Open Thread for January 25

Stock Photo Face-Off 2

By Kathryn_WilliamsJanuary 24, 2011
We went back to the Dollar Bin for this week's Stock Photo Face-Off, because stock photos don't grow on trees, y'all! You know what else, Sparklers? We agree with you. Old people are funny. Sadly, this was Doris’s first and last Jump Rope for... More  →
Stock Photo Face-Off 2

How To Be a Facebook Iconoclast

By Jon_SkindzierJanuary 24, 2011
If you're a diligent hipster, you probably barely use Facebook as it is, except to register your approval of bands so indie that they have yet to play any music. But if you're true to the vague hipster code—or even if you've merely begun to... More  →
How To Be a Facebook Iconoclast