Skip over navigation

Open Thread for September 25

By EmmaSeptember 25, 2010
FACT: these mushrooms from flyergirl13's backyard are magical. QUESTION: but what kind of magical? We hope the kind that gives you round-the-clock spearmint breath, a bottomless supply of witty comebacks, and the constant sensation that you've just woken up from 12 hours of dreamless... More  →
Open Thread for September 25

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 2A!

By Emily WinterSeptember 24, 2010
11ksande is a thinkin' man. And by "man" we mean "female," and by "thinkin'," we mean "she took our advice and put bologna in her ears before voting on a SparkNotes flag because we told you that nothing gets those brain juices flowing... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 2A!

Open Thread for September 24

By Emily WinterSeptember 24, 2010
This ed isn't even a cat person, but this little guy is just too adorable not to love. lynnieboo34 says... This is my kitty, Tunes. And I know some people hate cats, but I shall give you reasons NOT to hate my cat. 1. His... More  →
Open Thread for September 24

Open Thread for September 23

By Emily WinterSeptember 23, 2010
Hide your eyez! Scandal! Danger! Stuff you shouldn't see!!!! Ermmm, sorry. Purple flowers always reminds this ed of underpants. The kids in the movie Big used "seeing her purple flowers" as a euphemism for, you know, panties. Ewwwwwwww! Thanks for triggering this memory, do.the.hippogriff!... More  →
Open Thread for September 23

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 22, 2010
Last week's video revealed a very upsetting fact: some of you don't like Zach Anner. To this, there can be only one response: WHA?!? We wanted to use 15 more question marks and at least 9 more exclamation points, but those things cost money, and... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Open Thread for September 22

By Emily WinterSeptember 22, 2010
Tree frog! Tree frog! TREEEEEEEEEEEEEE FRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOWWWWWWGGGGG! Sorry, we just really love frogs. Thanks for the pic from your yard, potterlover19!... More  →
Open Thread for September 22

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: THE FINAL ROUND 1 SHOWDOWN

By Emily WinterSeptember 21, 2010
Forty flags were entered. Only eleven of the toughest, strongest, most bloodthirsty SparkNotes Academy flags (or twelve, if there's a tie today!) are moving onto the next round. And that round is called ROUND 2. Which flag will be the last to make it to Round 2 against all... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: THE FINAL ROUND 1 SHOWDOWN

5 Things Wrong with SparkLife

By ContributorSeptember 21, 2010
We love how you hate us, neomaxizoomdwbi! —Sparkitors Scary title, huh? Before everyone runs away to get torches and pitchforks, hear me out. SparkLife is the most amazing site on the internet. There’s no doubt in my mind about that. But it’s not entirely... More  →
5 Things Wrong with SparkLife

Open Thread for September 21

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 21, 2010
HOLD THE PRESSES. We've got yet ANOTHER unbelievably cuddly SparkLife mascot submission, this time from thecanofsoup. Here's what she had to say: This is a Pikachu, but not just any Pikachu.  This is Sparky!  The official (as voted by three sparklers) mascot for the... More  →
Open Thread for September 21

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1I

By Sarah PeregoySeptember 20, 2010
Happy Monday, Sparklers!! Guess what?? There's only one more day in the SparkLife Academy Flag-Off Round 1 edition. Can you believe it? We can't! And we won't! Anywhooz, congrats to yesterday's winner, prolife795! This flag is oozing with epicness. We don't know how you... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1I