Skip over navigation

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 24, 2011
I sympathize with the creator of today's pick, because I could never understand the lyrics to "Come on, Eileen" either. At least now I can listen to this song and laugh! Send in your favorite things from the web to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for January 24

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 24, 2011
We're officially declaring today a national holiday, Sparkleheads. Why? Because it's Chelsea Dagger's sister's BIRTHDAY! She's turning the big 2-0, and since she's the most brilliant (5x smarter than Hermione Granger), talented (she can sing like the WIND), and beautiful (gorgeous red hair? killer blue... More  →
Open Thread for January 24

Open Thread for January 23

By EmmaJanuary 23, 2011
Another Sunday, another masterpiece from Anggik. e-cookies for everyone! If you'd like to see your pic on an open thread, send it to contribute@sparknotes.com for possible publication.... More  →
Open Thread for January 23

Open Thread for January 22

By EmmaJanuary 22, 2011
starstrucking didn't tell us the name of this adorable pup, but we have some guesses: Andrew Sir Bertrand of Cushing-on-Bettingsworth MopEyes Pepper Rolf Or maybe he's a she.... More  →
Open Thread for January 22

Interview With a Sparkler, Round: Million Dollar Billz For EVERYONE!

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 21, 2011
Last week, we asked you to spend 12,058,900 Mexican pesos (we did the conversion math ourselves; it only took 67 hours and 984 pieces of scratch paper), and we were a little disappointed that so many of you reverted to the coward's option of GIFT... More  →
Interview With a Sparkler, Round: Million Dollar Billz For EVERYONE!

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 21, 2011
Today's pick is my favorite webcomic ever. It's called Megatokyo and I've been following it for years. It's a combination of a bunch of different styles, and the earliest ones are definitely the funniest (the characters blew more things up then). If you just want one... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for January 21

By Emily WinterJanuary 21, 2011
Swimming! We wish we were swimming. We'd give our arms and legs to go swimming like flyergirl13. Oh wait...... More  →

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 20, 2011
Today's pick may freak you out. It may also cause you to waste approximately 2 hours staring at your computer screen (for which I refuse to take responsibility). What is it? A website about cake. I know what you're thinking. There is nothing freaky about cake.... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for January 20

By Emily WinterJanuary 20, 2011
The text we got with this photo from Sparkler Perisa is priceless: "I took this picture right as the horse was flicking his tail! It almost looks like he farted!!!" Well said, Perisa. Well said. ... More  →

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 19, 2011
We're uber-pleased that last week's vid scored an 8.82 on theĀ Scale of Awesomeness, despite being based on an absolutely atrocious hip-hop song AND revolving around the Boy Who Some Sparklers Are Getting Really Sick Of. To reward your generosity of spirit,... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week