Skip over navigation

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 15, 2010
Okay, so some of you weren't overly impressed by last week's utterly astounding, entirely backwards clip; it averaged an 8.03 on the Scale of Awesomeness—definitely not a dismal score, but not a spectacular... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1A

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 15, 2010
So, we're replacing our old Sparkler post badge. It's going on a vacation to some sunny, tropical place and leaving us here in cold, frozen New York. That's okay. We didn't like it anyway. We asked you guys to send in your designs for the new Sparkler... More  →
Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1A

Open Thread for December 15

By Emily WinterDecember 15, 2010
This is quite possibly the funniest and creepiest Sparkler pic we ever got. Here's what ~i_bourne_the_wicked had to say for himself when he sent this in on Sunday... I'm a Music Education major. My primary instruments are voice and cello. I have a jury tomorrow... More  →
Open Thread for December 15

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 14, 2010
Today's pick was sent in by an anonymous Sparkler. It's called Everyday Cute and it makes me laugh for a number of reasons, among which are... 1) The blog heading just cracks me up. 2) I just like the word "cute." 3) This comic about foxes... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for December 14

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 14, 2010
Sparkler liveloveanimals recently discovered one of our all-time favorite blogs, Hyperbole and a Half, and fell in love with this awesomely hilarious article. So in love, in fact, that she made these masterpieces in tribute. And we gotta say,... More  →
Open Thread for December 14

Cute Thing Of The Week

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 13, 2010
You know what we'd like to be doing right now? Sleeping. Which is probably why we find this photo, sent by nerd_alert, so deeply inspiring: this dog is having our dream day, and we're at... More  →
Cute Thing Of The Week

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 13, 2010
Today's pick got picked because... 1) I think the news station must have had absolutely no news before they picked this to report on. 2) She keeps stroking her hands. Really? She's kind of... just awful. 3) Sparkitor Emily suggested... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for December 13

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 13, 2010
These uncannily realistic Harry, Hermione, and Ron dolls were crafted by Kimbo_sliceofpie for a 4-H project, and we think they're just about the neatest thing we've ever seen. She even hemmed... More  →
Open Thread for December 13

Open Thread for December 12

By EmmaDecember 12, 2010
It's another masterpiece from Anggik! And this one goes out to all the potential Manklers: I want to help maximum randomness to get more manklers to come on OT. Therefore I made this poster.. with an e-red carpet! Anggik, no Mankler will be able... More  →
Open Thread for December 12

Open Thread for December 11

By EmmaDecember 11, 2010
Hi Sparkitors- This is my amazingly awesome dog right after she sneezed. 'Nuff said. From, Sparkler Herbevabuck 'Nuff said indeed, Herbevabuck. 'Nuff said indeed. ... More  →
Open Thread for December 11