Search Menu
Menu

Open Thread for November 13

By SparkLifeNovember 13, 2011
What's that? You don't like clowns? And you especially don't like their hairy wrists? Oh, we're sorry. We thought you wanted to look at them all the time, and that's why you're not sending us any OT pics. >:/ Hint hint!... More  →
Open Thread for November 13

Open Thread for November 12

By SparkLifeNovember 12, 2011

This is what happens when you don't send us cute open thread pics.

You FORCE us to post terrifying balloon stick men. Don't come complaining to us—you brought this on yourselves!

To make the balloon man go away, send pics to contribute@sparknotes.com.

... More  →
Open Thread for November 12

Saved By the Bell: An Interactive Game On YouTube

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 11, 2011
In case you didn't waste enough time on YouTube already, loveandrockets has discovered this wonderful interactive video-game. Prepare to get addicted, at the very least to the gigantic '90s pixels! Send in your favorite terribly-awesome internet things to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Saved By the Bell: An Interactive Game On YouTube

This Video Has All Of Your Favorite Things

By EmmaNovember 11, 2011
1. Pink tutus 2. Rhinestone princess crowns 3. A breathless account of sudden fame ("We went out to celebrate in the restaurant, and my dad drank champagne. And then me and Rosie were sitting together, and we woke up at the same time 'cause we was asleep,... More  →
This Video Has All Of Your Favorite Things

Open Thread for November 11

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 11, 2011
whichwitchiswhich? was reading Hamlet in English class when she came across a passage with two mentions of "loam" and of course she couldn't resist drawing a werewolf with a jetpack! Who could?... More  →
Open Thread for November 11

Recipe Week Is Coming!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 10, 2011
Sparklers, an Exciting Thing is happening! Next week! Put on your I'm-so-thrilled-I-could-pee-my-pants pants and get ready to jump up and down, because we are about to KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF. Next week is Recipe Week on SparkLife. And no, that does not mean we are expecting... More  →
Recipe Week Is Coming!

Open Thread for November 10

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 10, 2011
Where did this awesome picture come from, you ask? Bluebird_13 will explain: "This was a photo taken a few months ago for my Year 12 Muck Up day, a morning dedicated for the graduating seniors to cause as much inconvenience for the rest of... More  →
Open Thread for November 10

Kitchen Dancer, We Salute You

By EmmaNovember 9, 2011
If our dads spied on us doing the dishes, they would see nothing but cheerful pot-scrubbing, perhaps accompanied by a heartfelt rendition of "Climb Ev'ry Mountain." When this dad spied on his kid, he saw something slightly more impressive. If you can kitchen dance like this... More  →
Kitchen Dancer, We Salute You

5 Reasons I Hate Technology

By ContributorNovember 9, 2011
carlorossiriver has a vendetta—against the very thing that keeps us employed. Sorry if we can't side with you on this one, dude.—Sparkitors First, let me start by telling you that I am not your Luddite grandpa or... More  →
5 Reasons I Hate Technology

For All You Hunger Games Addicts: Rue's Lullaby

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 9, 2011
If you're like me, whenever your favorite book has a song in it, you wonder what sort of tune it's supposed to be sung to. Because obviously, if you knew, you could sing it all the time and prove what a hardcore nerd you are.... More  →
For All You Hunger Games Addicts: Rue's Lullaby