Skip over navigation

Open Thread for January 17

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 17, 2011
blacktophat sent in this hi-LARious sketch along with the following explanation: My friend drew this picture for me, and it was too awesome not to share. We whole-heartedly agree.... More  →
Open Thread for January 17

Open Thread for January 16

By EmmaJanuary 16, 2011
AP Environmental Science textbooks are chock full of comedy gold. Don't believe us? Check out the classic joke princesscat_A found while studying! Send your pics to contribute@sparknotes.com for possible publication on an OT.... More  →
Open Thread for January 16

Open Thread for January 15

By EmmaJanuary 15, 2011
Noisettepancake's cat, Kiwi, is simply gorgeous. Look at that sumptuous black fur and those fathomless mint green eyes. NOT THAT WE WANT TO MARRY KIWI OR ANYTHING. WHY WOULD YOU THINK THAT???? (p.s. Kiwi, email us.)... More  →
Open Thread for January 15

Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1G

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 14, 2011
Congratulations, Badge #21! You are our winner for Round 1F. And a healthy round of applause for all the other badges in the last round, you ALL did WONDERFUL. We also learned that you guys are split 50-50 on the idea of zombies: half of you... More  →
Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1G

Interview With A Sparkler, Round: Someone FINALLY Chose Tom Hanks!

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 14, 2011
Because of last week's outstanding responses, we've decided to  invest our entire SparkLife budget in producing blockbuster films about each of you. The best part? The fact that Chelsea Dagger will be playing the role of every single person in every single film. Look out,... More  →
Interview With A Sparkler, Round: Someone FINALLY Chose Tom Hanks!

Status Updates: What Do They All Mean?

By Lucy HutchinsonJanuary 14, 2011
Ostensibly, status updates are for informing your friends and relatives about what is going on in your life. But what is a status update without a lot of Likes and comments and Liked comments? Social alienation and death, that's what. Which is why all your... More  →
Status Updates: What Do They All Mean?

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 14, 2011
Did you know that if you type "Making fun of" into the search bar on Youtube, the first thing that pops up is "Making fun of Justin Beiber"? I learned that today. And that's how I found this ... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for January 14

By Emily WinterJanuary 14, 2011
Don't you love this drawing McGonagall62 did of Chelsea Dagger a little boy? McGonagall62, I think you're the perfect artist to do the 12-foot oil painting of my face, which I plan to give my parents for their anniversary. ... More  →
Open Thread for January 14

The Top Four Weirdest Chat Acronyms

By ContributorJanuary 13, 2011
Evana16, we totally, weirdly hear you on the pancakes & syrup thing. –Sparkitors I was on Facebook the other day (as I am 79.3% of the time), and one of my friends posted the following: "long day. hmu." And I was like, huh? First... More  →
The Top Four Weirdest Chat Acronyms

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 13, 2011
Today's pick was sent in by Sparkler McKenzie_Me, and I like it for multiple reasons: 1) It's funny how they're both guys, but they both sound better when they're singing girls' parts. 2) If you watch their faces when they're not singing, it's like they're... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day