Skip over navigation

The SparkLife Guide for N00bs

By ContributorJanuary 18, 2011
xXx_lola_xXx is an expert Sparkler, and a fantastic person to teach you the lay of the land! –Sparkitors Hello, Sparkler! No, not you, Sparkler who's written twenty blog posts and has been commenting on the open thread every day for a year. I'm... More  →
The SparkLife Guide for N00bs

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 18, 2011
Today's pick was sent in by Kyle and it's awesome. Really. It's an Inception button that makes this really cool sound effect when you click it. Basically, it's like instant awesome. So click here see it! Plus this button reminded me of the... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for January 18

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 18, 2011
angi4 took full advantage of Georgia's recent snowstorm and crafted the finest Harry Potter snowman we've ever seen (we've only ever seen one), and her little sis followed suit with an adorable snow Hedwig. It's official: they're both masters of snow-related... More  →
Open Thread for January 18

Awesome Person of the Week

By ContributorJanuary 17, 2011
This week's post was brought to you by luckothegaelic; we hope you enjoy it as much as we did!—Sparkitors My nomination for Awesome Person of the Week goes to 23-year-old Brogan Horton, Fighter for the Horse. You may have... More  →
Awesome Person of the Week

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 17, 2011
We know, we know: thinking up hilarious captions for this photo is going to be as easy as PIE. So go the extra mile and make your comment truly SPECTACULAR—we're confident that you'll display some real comedic genius this week. And if you need some... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 17, 2011
Today's pick was sent in by foreveryoung382 and I think it's awesome because: 1) Animals are cute, cuddly, fun, adorable, fuzzy, entertaining, weird, and lots more things... especially when they have British voices. 2) The giraffes whacking each other around 0:50 and the chipmunk beat-boxing... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for January 17

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 17, 2011
blacktophat sent in this hi-LARious sketch along with the following explanation: My friend drew this picture for me, and it was too awesome not to share. We whole-heartedly agree.... More  →
Open Thread for January 17

Open Thread for January 16

By EmmaJanuary 16, 2011
AP Environmental Science textbooks are chock full of comedy gold. Don't believe us? Check out the classic joke princesscat_A found while studying! Send your pics to contribute@sparknotes.com for possible publication on an OT.... More  →
Open Thread for January 16

Open Thread for January 15

By EmmaJanuary 15, 2011
Noisettepancake's cat, Kiwi, is simply gorgeous. Look at that sumptuous black fur and those fathomless mint green eyes. NOT THAT WE WANT TO MARRY KIWI OR ANYTHING. WHY WOULD YOU THINK THAT???? (p.s. Kiwi, email us.)... More  →
Open Thread for January 15

Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1G

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 14, 2011
Congratulations, Badge #21! You are our winner for Round 1F. And a healthy round of applause for all the other badges in the last round, you ALL did WONDERFUL. We also learned that you guys are split 50-50 on the idea of zombies: half of you... More  →
Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1G