Search Menu
Menu

Kitchen Dancer, We Salute You

By EmmaNovember 9, 2011
If our dads spied on us doing the dishes, they would see nothing but cheerful pot-scrubbing, perhaps accompanied by a heartfelt rendition of "Climb Ev'ry Mountain." When this dad spied on his kid, he saw something slightly more impressive. If you can kitchen dance like this... More  →
Kitchen Dancer, We Salute You

5 Reasons I Hate Technology

By ContributorNovember 9, 2011
carlorossiriver has a vendetta—against the very thing that keeps us employed. Sorry if we can't side with you on this one, dude.—Sparkitors First, let me start by telling you that I am not your Luddite grandpa or... More  →
5 Reasons I Hate Technology

For All You Hunger Games Addicts: Rue's Lullaby

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 9, 2011
If you're like me, whenever your favorite book has a song in it, you wonder what sort of tune it's supposed to be sung to. Because obviously, if you knew, you could sing it all the time and prove what a hardcore nerd you are.... More  →
For All You Hunger Games Addicts: Rue's Lullaby

What Should YOU Blog About?

By ContributorNovember 9, 2011
MontyMayhem has got some genius ideas for your next big project. (Note: we use the word "genius" loosely here.)—Sparkitors There are three types of people in the world: those who write blogs, those who read blogs, and those who... More  →
What Should YOU Blog About?

Open Thread for November 9

By SparkLifeNovember 9, 2011
An amazing and hilarious Mystery Sparkler named Katie says... We left Halloween to the last minute due to midterm exams and the grocery stores ran out of pumpkins. Solution? Carve a watermelon. LURVE IT, GIRRRRRL.... More  →
Open Thread for November 9

Dancing Around the World

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 8, 2011
Dude, Sparklers, just watching this video made my legs feel tired. But the idea of this video is SO COOL: one guy, traveling the world, getting people from 42 countries to dance with him. I have two questions: 1) Where does he get the money... More  →
Dancing Around the World

Ron Weasley Was Supposed to Die

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 7, 2011
This is not a joke. J.K. Rowling ADMITTED that she seriously considered killing off Ron Weasley. That's right, Sparklers, not only did she kill Fred, Mad Eye, Dobby, Hedwig, Tonks, Lupin, and Sirius, she also wanted to kill Ron. RON! Can you believe it? I... More  →
Ron Weasley Was Supposed to Die

Open Thread for November 6

By SparkLifeNovember 6, 2011
This Sparkler's magical microwave can reheat last night's lasagna...and stop time. Got an amazing pic? Send it to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for November 6

Open Thread for November 5

By SparkLifeNovember 5, 2011
We were unaware of this meme before We TanTanTheLadiesMan's pumpkin got us Googling. Thanks for educating us, Tanster! Send your open thread pics to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for November 5

A Very Ooh-La-La Playlist

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 4, 2011
For all you international-type Sparklers, here's a playlist sure to make you happy: all the songs are French! So I expect you to speak in a French accent for the entire rest of the day. And also to dress like a mime. Ready? Go! "Dernière Danse"... More  →
A Very Ooh-La-La Playlist