Skip over navigation

Open Thread for February 19

By EmmaFebruary 19, 2011
keatonwookie and dylnaqui sent us a pic that will haunt our nightmares. Allow them to explain: This is Joe Guts (my friends and I call him Fatman). Fatman is a really funny old toy that my dad got from an educational store when... More  →
Open Thread for February 19

Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 2F

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 18, 2011
Congratulations to our victor from Round 2E, hannahrama and Badge #40! We'll see you again in Round 3 which will actually happen sometime soon since we're already almost done with Round 2! Today we have the showdown of all the showdowns... *cue dramatic music*.... More  →
Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 2F

Interview With A Sparkler, Round: You Give Me Fever

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 18, 2011
You guys are SO lucky, and you don't even KNOW it. Why are you lucky? Because you're not Emily Winter, which means you're not sitting 2 feet away from a festering flu-bucket of disease named Chelsea Dagger and constantly pouring hand sanitizer down your gullet... More  →
Interview With A Sparkler, Round: You Give Me Fever

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 18, 2011
Today's pick gives me an idea: I should start losing races against my little ... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for February 18

By Emily WinterFebruary 18, 2011
We've got a soft spot for long-tongued cuties that spent time in the pound. At least that's what our OKCupid profile says. Zing! For realz y'all, this is Bella, a lovable rescue mutt that belongs to redheadlover391. Adorbs!... More  →
Open Thread for February 18

Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 2E

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 17, 2011
Congratulations to Alex, creator of Flag 25, you get to move on to Round 3! Before you decide who to vote for today, Sparklers, we would like to encourage you to take a good long think about your voting process. Let your... More  →
Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 2E

Oh, The Horror: A Life Without SparkNotes

By ContributorFebruary 17, 2011
This post was prompted by our server shutdown a few weeks ago, and in it, JimSauce asks a terrifying question: what would life be like without SparkNotes?—Sparkitors Imagine, if you will, this situation: your AP English Literature teacher assigns a humongous novel... More  →
Oh, The Horror: A Life Without SparkNotes

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 17, 2011
I have a couple ideas about what spurred the creation of today's video (sent in by Gibby): Delirium caused by being stranded in the Arctic tundra for several weeks with only a package of gummy bears to eat. Extreme boredom caused by too many hours... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for February 17

By Emily WinterFebruary 17, 2011
Meet Molly, the color-changing cat! Star'sLove says... This is my cat Molly.  She's a Bengal-Tabby mix and the coolest thing about her is that as she's gotten older, her fur has gotten darker.  She's at least 60% darker now than she was when we... More  →
Open Thread for February 17

Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 2D

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 16, 2011
Wow, that last round was close! But congratulations to iwearfiestapants and Badge #21, who won yesterday. Round 2 is going by so fast! Don't you guys just love these showdowns? Don't they make you think of cowboys and gunslingers and bad western... More  →
Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 2D