Skip over navigation

Open Thread for February 10

By Emily WinterFebruary 10, 2011
This anonymous Sparkler sent us the sweetest message with this sunset pic... Hey Sparkitors! I know you all are always extremely busy so I thought I'd send you this picture of a sunset I took to remind you it's nice to relax and enjoy all the... More  →
Open Thread for February 10

Breaking My Technology Addiction: The Future

By ContributorFebruary 9, 2011
CaptainFF5 wrote two earlier posts about giving up technology, and actually managed to stick to her guns. We're impressed! —Sparkitors A long while ago, I posed a challenge to myself to cut down on my electronic use. I gave... More  →
Breaking My Technology Addiction: The Future

A N00b's Guide to Tumblr

By ContributorFebruary 9, 2011
Thanks for the tips, wicked639! But we're curious: can you reblog your own blog? —Sparkitors So there is this wonderfully amazing place called Tumblr. I absolutely love it; it reminds me of SparkNotes—multitudes of hilarious people, interesting posts, quirkiness,... More  →
A N00b's Guide to Tumblr

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 9, 2011
You may notice that I seem to have a love of destroying adorable, sugary food—or at least posting videos about it. But hey, who hasn't wondered what the most creative way to murder a marshmallow peep ... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 9, 2011
Surprisingly, you guys weren't as averse to sociopathic llamas as we thought you would be; last week's clip scored a 7.61, which ain't too shabby for a video in which some guy's hands get eaten by a talking animal. We're hoping... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Open Thread for February 9

By Emily WinterFebruary 9, 2011
nycomic56 says... This is a groundhog (or a woodchuck, I don’t know the difference). In case you didn’t notice, its adorable. We say, we're nature-less New Yorkers. That looks like a... turtle? Octopus? Grizzly bear? Yeah, a grizzly bear to us.... More  →
Open Thread for February 9

Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1L

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 8, 2011
Wow, Sparklers—the last round was so close we had to TRIPLE COUNT. Want to know why it was so close? Because it was A TIE! That's right: both Badge #42 and Badge #43 are going to Round 2! Congratulations to you, and to the other... More  →
Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1L

The Best Inspirational Web Sites

By ContributorFebruary 8, 2011
DrakeObsessor has the perfect cure for your bad-day blues.—Sparkitors Have you ever had one of those days where it’s raining, your AP World teacher gave a pop quiz, and you missed the bus home?  You have?  Well,... More  →
The Best Inspirational Web Sites

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 8, 2011
The gummy bear torture chamber. The Gummy Bear Torture Chamber. The GUMMY BEAR TORTURE CHAMBER. Seriously, it just sounds epic. Anyway, watch this, and learn how to use chemistry to make a gummy bear explode. Awesome. Send in your favorite videos to contribute@sparknotes.com! (Extra awesome points if... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for February 8

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 8, 2011
Dragons DO exist! No, seriously. Just check out this pic and this email, sent by the awesomely-named iwearfiestapants: These school holidays I was sent to "reconnect" with my aunt and cousins in their smallish town that 2 hours away from the beach. I was... More  →
Open Thread for February 8