Skip over navigation

Open Thread for January 19

By Emily WinterJanuary 19, 2011
This amazing graphic design job is by none other than Apocalyn87. You may remember Apocalyn87 as the winner of the SparkNotes flag contest! Yep, she's pretty freakin' talented.... More  →
Open Thread for January 19

Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1H

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 18, 2011
And Badge #25 takes first place for Round 1G! Congratulations to you, and to all the other badges in the last round. Great job, guys! Now, since we don't want to give any more Sparklers nightmares, we've left the zombie picture behind (feel free to thank... More  →
Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1H

Why You've Got To Read Webcomics

By ContributorJanuary 18, 2011
blacktophat is about to get you addicted to a whole new kind of comic strip.—Sparkitors This is why you should read webcomics: because they are amazing. The End. Wait, you want proof? How dare... More  →
Why You've Got To Read Webcomics

The SparkLife Guide for N00bs

By ContributorJanuary 18, 2011
xXx_lola_xXx is an expert Sparkler, and a fantastic person to teach you the lay of the land! –Sparkitors Hello, Sparkler! No, not you, Sparkler who's written twenty blog posts and has been commenting on the open thread every day for a year. I'm... More  →
The SparkLife Guide for N00bs

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 18, 2011
Today's pick was sent in by Kyle and it's awesome. Really. It's an Inception button that makes this really cool sound effect when you click it. Basically, it's like instant awesome. So click here see it! Plus this button reminded me of the... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for January 18

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 18, 2011
angi4 took full advantage of Georgia's recent snowstorm and crafted the finest Harry Potter snowman we've ever seen (we've only ever seen one), and her little sis followed suit with an adorable snow Hedwig. It's official: they're both masters of snow-related... More  →
Open Thread for January 18

Awesome Person of the Week

By ContributorJanuary 17, 2011
This week's post was brought to you by luckothegaelic; we hope you enjoy it as much as we did!—Sparkitors My nomination for Awesome Person of the Week goes to 23-year-old Brogan Horton, Fighter for the Horse. You may have... More  →
Awesome Person of the Week

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 17, 2011
We know, we know: thinking up hilarious captions for this photo is going to be as easy as PIE. So go the extra mile and make your comment truly SPECTACULAR—we're confident that you'll display some real comedic genius this week. And if you need some... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 17, 2011
Today's pick was sent in by foreveryoung382 and I think it's awesome because: 1) Animals are cute, cuddly, fun, adorable, fuzzy, entertaining, weird, and lots more things... especially when they have British voices. 2) The giraffes whacking each other around 0:50 and the chipmunk beat-boxing... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for January 17

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 17, 2011
blacktophat sent in this hi-LARious sketch along with the following explanation: My friend drew this picture for me, and it was too awesome not to share. We whole-heartedly agree.... More  →
Open Thread for January 17