Skip over navigation

Identifying the Typical Female Facebooker

By ContributorMay 25, 2011
monicarima, all the duckfaced ladies of Facebook bow their heads in shame before this post. –Sparkitors Anyone on Facebook can tell you that social networking females tend to share the same habits. This behavior gets pretty annoying, so I'm going to call them out... More  →
Identifying the Typical Female Facebooker

Dreams of Harvard

By Aislinn ShevlinMay 25, 2011
And I thought my college admissions essay was creative... boy was I wrong.  Thanks Paranoid_But_Innocent_ for sending this in!  Send in your favorite videos at contribute@sparknotes.com... More  →
Dreams of Harvard

Open Thread for May 25

By Emily WinterMay 25, 2011
"This is a pic of frozen waffles. (Yummy!) Sadly, they are deformed. I am still going to eat them." PHEW! hermionerules5, we're so happy you're not letting your deformed waffles go to waste! (Fun fact: "Deformed Waffles" was the name of our 7th grade... More  →
Open Thread for May 25

Sweetest Proposal Ever?

By Aislinn ShevlinMay 24, 2011
I saw this for the first time about a year ago, but I have to share it because I love it as much now as I did then. I don't think anyone would ever turn down a marriage proposal if they were all this cool and... More  →
Sweetest Proposal Ever?

Open Thread for May 24

By Chelsea DaggerMay 24, 2011
Andrea's ridiculously cute/creepy dog reminds us of The Exorcist—but in the best way possible, of course. Here's what she said: This is how you say "I love you" in Chihuahua. Don't you guys wish this bundle of hilarity could live at YOUR house? (: *Note: YES,... More  →
Open Thread for May 24

Open Thread for May 23

By Chelsea DaggerMay 23, 2011
Here's what redheadlover391 has to say about her adorable pup, Bella: She's a mutt we got from the pound, and she's so sweet. I love her so much! :)... More  →
Open Thread for May 23

Open Thread for May 22

By EmmaMay 22, 2011
We survived the end of the world! What better way to celebrate than with... ...a Doctor Who marathon hosted by prettylittlewriter, who made these vegan TARDIS cookies for the occasion?! Celebrate the non-end of the world: send us your happy pics! contribute@sparknotes.com.... More  →
Open Thread for May 22

Open Thread for May 21

By EmmaMay 21, 2011
So, what are you up to on the last day of the world? We're painting our nails, watching Supernanny reruns, and then waving our pink Converse in the air like we simply do not care—just like thesonofrage. Have a great Saturday, kittens! We want... More  →
Open Thread for May 21

Open Thread for May 20

By Emily WinterMay 20, 2011
THIS IS SPARKY, MY FAVORITE PERSON IN THE WOOORLD. Here is a list of things my dog Sparky can do: -Wait for me by the door while I'm at SparkNotes (pictured above). -Hide bones in my bed while I'm at SparkNotes. -Everything else. Also, he has six Nobel Prizes... More  →
Open Thread for May 20

How To Be an Awful Editor

By Emily WinterMay 19, 2011
So you want to one day be employed as an editor, eh? Did you know that being a great editor requires knowledge, patience, and professionalism? Yuck, yuck, yuck! It's plenty more fun to be an awful editor instead. Follow my lead: How to be an awful... More  →
How To Be an Awful Editor