Skip over navigation

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 14, 2011
Hey, it's Valentine's Day! This is about the cutest little song ... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 14, 2011
Guys, we didn't post this picture of a hedgehog wearing an acorn hat just so you would barf on yourselves. We did it because we have something important to ask: How would you feel if we quit running Cute Thing of the Week? Before you get... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Open Thread for February 14

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 14, 2011
Some people may be under the impression that today is Valentine's Day. Well, those people are wrong. Because today is actually much better than Valentine's Day: it's Chelsea Dagger's mom's birthday! And since she just happens to be the most brilliant... More  →
Open Thread for February 14

Open Thread for February 13

By Miss MarmFebruary 13, 2011
My friends and I were at a movie theater at a popular mall in our city (we live in Beijing, which would explain the Chinese) when we came across this very funny poster with terrible spelling and capitalization that Miss Marm would most definitely disapprove... More  →
Open Thread for February 13

Open Thread for February 12

By EmmaFebruary 12, 2011
Is this a bunny? A fat ferret? A guinea pig with elephant ears? No! It's a chinchilla, it belongs to havefuninhogsmeade, and its name is Percy, after Percy Weasley! Send your adorable pictures to contribute@sparknotes.com.... More  →
Open Thread for February 12

Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 2A

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 11, 2011
Aaaand the winner of the final section of Round 1 is Badge #48! Congratulations to you, and to the other contestants in Round 1L. Well, Sparklers, we've finally made it to Round 2! We have 14 contestants in this Round, which we are going to narrow... More  →
Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 2A

Interview With A Sparkler, Round: Shakespeare Was An Idiot

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 11, 2011
That's right, we said it. That old bard was dumb as a bag of half-price bricks. All that "What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet" stuff may have sounded pretty, but it was garbage.... More  →
Interview With A Sparkler, Round: Shakespeare Was An Idiot

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 11, 2011
Today's pick was picked because: a) it reminds me of an old teacher of mine who used to show us these commericials, and b) I love the E-trade baby commercials. They're clever and... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for February 11

By Emily WinterFebruary 11, 2011
This anonymous Sparkler's cat is named Toffee. Is Toffee possessed by a demon named Chad? No. Toffee is yawning. Get with the program. The Sparkler also said Toffee likes to rip giant lizards to shreds. We're no longer so sure about Chad. ... More  →
Open Thread for February 11

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 10, 2011
Ever watched your parents try to text? Isn't funny? But also, sad. And that's when you realize your life will never be the same. Which is why you should all love this video! I'm pretty sure everyone can relate...... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day