Skip over navigation

Sparklers Posts by dac213

By dac213

Blogging BN.com's Must-Reads for Teens: If I Stay

By: dac213June 25, 2013

Book: If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Better title: Flashbacks and A Serious Out-of-Body Experience

Synopsis: In a second, Mia’s life changes forever. A truck crashes into the car carrying her and her family as they drive down an icy road to visit friends. Mia’s parents are

... More  →
By dac213

Five Unpopular Yet Amazing YA Novels

By: dac213June 24, 2013

You may not have heard of these YA gems, but you should have. I’m here to fix that.

Nothing by Robin Friedman:

Synopsis: Parker Rabinowitz is like most overachieving high schoolers, he’s taking every AP class his school offers, participates in most of its extracurriculars, plays a

... More  →
By dac213

You Know You're a Knitter When...

By: dac213June 1, 2013

Knitting and crocheting have made surprising comebacks in the last few years. Some may call it outdated and pointless after the advent of machine-made winter wear, but knitters know there’s nothing like a hat you made with your own two hands. (Not to mention it

... More  →
By dac213

Blogging BN.com's Must-Reads for Teens: Nightshade

By: dac213May 6, 2013

Book: Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

Better title: Exposition? Nah, Let’s Just Make Out.

Synopsis: Calla Tor has always known what her future held. She will marry the Bane Pack’s alpha male, Ren Laroche. A union that will combine her own pack, the Nightshades, with his and form

... More  →
By dac213

Blogging BN.com's Must-Reads for Teens: Will Grayson, Will Grayson

By: dac213April 4, 2013

Book: Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Leviathan

Better Title: Here’s To You Tiny Cooper

Synopsis: Will Grayson is attempting to survive high school by keeping his head down and doing his absolute best not to care. Will Grayson is doing pretty much the

... More  →
By dac213

10 Things Not to Say When Someone Tells You They're Asexual

By: dac213April 2, 2013

Believe it or not, us aces can have it rough. As the world becomes more openly sexual, we become weirder and more isolated. So please, for the love of all that is good, if someone trusts you enough to come out as ace, don't say

... More  →
By dac213

Blogging BN.com's Must-Reads for Teens: Peak

By: dac213March 19, 2013

Book: Peak by Roland Smith

Better title: Mountain Climbing for Dummies

Synopsis: All Peak Marcello wants to do is climb, but mountains and rock faces are hard to come by in New York, so he makes do with skyscrapers; until he gets caught. The city just wants

... More  →
By dac213

Blogging BN.com's Must-Reads for Teens: Delirium

By: dac213February 25, 2013

So this one is reaaalllly late. I think at some point I promised not to take so long, but I also promised myself I'd finish blogging this list by my birthday, which was 11 days ago.

Book: Delirium by Lauren Oliver Better title: When Teen Love

... More  →