Skip over navigation

Random Acts Of Kindness

Sparkler Post
Random Acts Of Kindness

Sparklers and Manklers,

In the wake of the Newtown tragedy, I propose that we, as the Sparklife community, do something to change the world in which we live. I propose that every day, in our normal everyday-ness, that we all commit a random act of kindness. Newtown has really opened my eyes to see that not all of our communities have the neighborliness and general friendliness that their's did.

So you know what?! Let's change that! Let's inspire others to pass on the love and generosity that others have shown us, that we have shown them, especially in this Christmas season.

You don't have to go buy out the layaway section of a store as I have heard others have done. Do something simpler. Help your elderly neighbor walk his\her dogs or pick up the sticks in his\her yard. Spend some time at a nursing home. Open the door for the frazzled mom who has her two kids with her. Let the woman with the crying baby go ahead of you in the checkout line. Get creative!

See? It really isn't that hard if we just think of others a little bit before ourselves. And you know what? When we, the next generation of America, change our outlooks on life, we will truly have changed our nation's future.

Join me in this journey as I seek to show others the love that God has shown me, and also in praying for the families of Newtown.

This post is user-contributed. Learn more.

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!

From Our Partners