Search Menu

Reading Suggestions: March 2017

Sparkler Post
Reading Suggestions: March 2017

Suppose you are an avid reader. (You probably are...)

But you are facing that dilemna that so many of us face. WELL, I have the solution for you as I am going to start doing monthly book suggestions that I would reccomend with a few comments about the book.

Now that that is out of the way, let us proceed to this month's books.

• A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro - The 2nd book is now out and is titled The Last of August. These books revolve around the world of the descendants of the great detective Sherlock Holmes and his partner John Watson and of course, their nemesis, Professor James Moriarty. The brilliant Charlotte Holmes and Jamie Watson meet up at Sherringford Academy after Charlotte has an incident with August Moriarty. There is some romance throughout the books. There are mysteries to be solved my friends and thus I say to you. The game is afoot.

• The Song Rising by Samantha Shannon - This is the newly released 3rd book of the Bone Season series. I reccomend this series highly. In this fantasy dystopia, most of the world is run by a government called Scion. The ability to interact with the aether is abundant but Scion sees clairvoyance as a kind of pestilence and treason. Thus, clairvoyants are either rounded up and killed or they join with their district's local clairvoyant syndicate. Each district has a Mime Lord or Lady. The protaganist Paige Mahoney is a very rare kind of clairvoyant and that makes her valuable. The books tell her story as her life is dramatically changed one day. If you want to know what happens to her, read the books.
  • Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake - All of her books are written very well and this new series is sure to be a favorite. On the island, there is a set of triplets born every generation. Each one gifted with one of three powers, one will become Queen. However, they must fight for their throne and face their trials as once they are 16, no holds are barred and two will die. I love the alluring plot twists that urge you on to keep reading to learn who will will the crown. The next book will be called One Dark Throne and will be released September 19.

Well that will be all for now as this is just a test to see if anyone actually wants my suggestions. I will comment a few more reviews if asked.

Tags: books

This post is user-contributed. Learn more.

Write your own comment!