Throw Back Thursday 2

So I missed last week... Awkward... But I'm back this week for my tbt story. So here we go! I call this "The Pulled Pork Story".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I was dating this guy, let's call him Isaiah. We dated for about 4 months while we were freshmen in high school.

So it's July, and Isaiah calls me up and asks, "Hey, my family is having a 4h of July get together. You wanna come?"

I told him I'd have to ask my mom, but that I wanted to. My mom said yes, and on the 4th, his mom picked me up and we were on our way.

So I'm thinking, "It's me, his mom, his dad, him, his brother, and his sister, and we're going to his grandparents' house. It'll be a small celebration, no big deal."

We pulled up to this house, and I kid you not, there were at least 8 cars there. So I looked at him, wide-eyed and terrified, and he gave me that oh-i-forgot-to-tell-you apologetic smile and said "Oh, by the way, my mom's whole side of the family is here."

I WAS SO MAD. I had really bad anxiety at the time, so I'm internally freaking out while we're walking around and "mingling" or whatever.

So it got to be dinner time, and if you think things can't get worse, you're wrong. For some reason, they had this stupid rule that you could only eat the meat that the person you came with brought. Isaiah's mom brought pulled pork. I am an extremely picky eater, and I hate pulled pork. It grosses me out and I just really hate it. 

So I was thinking, "I'll just tell them I had a big lunch and eat a bag of chips or something and things will be fine."

NEVER HAVE I BEEN SO WRONG.

Information you need to know about me: I have a super high metabolism, so I'm really skinny. Like my-ribs-show-through-my-skin skinny... And I don't starve myself or make myself throw up, I just have a high metabolism.

So Isaiah was trying to get me to eat something, and I'm like "No, I had a big lunch." I had a bag of chips in my hand, by the way, but no matter, he was making a fuss.

So his mom came over and asked, "How's everyone liking the food?"

And Isaiah said, "Well, I liked it, but SHE'S not eating anything." (Yes, emphasis on the "she's")

And (with the bag of chips still in my hand) his mom asked, "Oh, are you anorexic?"

WHAT????????

I was so taken aback, it's funny looking back on it.

I answered? "What? No! I just had a big lunch."

And she said, "Oh, that's good. I just worry about that kind of thing."

SO I have two problems with this.

1. WHO JUST STRAIGHT UP ASKS IF SOMEONE IS ANOREXIC? That is so rude and is not okay to just ask in casual conversation, especially because I'd only ever talked to her once before that day. Not to mention that she totally just assumed. I eat so much, really, but just because I'm skinny and I don't want to eat anything that very second, doesn't mean I'm anorexic.

2. Who would actually be honest if they were anorexic and someone asked them? If I was anorexic and someone asked me, of course I would say no!! Who wouldn't? And she totally believed me, so if I was lying, I would have convinced her easily.

*SIGH* PEOPLE ARE RIDICULOUS.

The End

Tags: tbt, funny, stupid, anorexia, anorexic, throwback, pulledpork, ew

This post is user-contributed. Learn more.

Write your own comment!