Skip over navigation

Amazing Spider-Man Trailer Debuts, People Forget About Tobey Something

By Eric GarneauFebruary 7, 2012
Marvel Comics and Columbia Pictures have set out to answer one of life's great questions: if you reboot a film franchise after only ten years but nobody really liked Spider-Man 3, HOW SWEET DOES THIS MOVIE LOOK?! While it certainly seems strange to tank a... More  →
Amazing Spider-Man Trailer Debuts, People Forget About Tobey Something

Daniel Radcliffe is Dead-Sexy (Is This Title Too Provocative? TOO BAD.)

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 7, 2012
There is perhaps no one on earth who has spent more time drooling over the Boy Who Lived than me. I even have a tiny bucket on my desk to catch all that drool; it's labeled in glitter with the words "BACK OFF, GINNY." I have... More  →
Daniel Radcliffe is Dead-Sexy (Is This Title Too Provocative? TOO BAD.)

Blogging Smash: Pilot

By Josh PeriloFebruary 7, 2012
Writer Josh Perilo is blogging the new show Smash. And yes, there will be spoliers! Okay, I’ll admit it. The relentless ad campaign finally reeled me in. But it’s been a battle from the beginning. I started with the typical, cynical reaction when I... More  →
Blogging Smash: Pilot

True or False: You Are a Mean, Lean, GREEN-ing Machine

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 7, 2012
Sparklers, this should be the easiest question you ever answer. Because if you looked at the title of this post and thought "Falseroni, suckers!" and then lit a tree on fire and threw 37 un-biodegradable plastic water bottles into a ditch where baby pandas were... More  →
True or False: You Are a Mean, Lean, GREEN-ing Machine

Open Thread for February 7

By SparkLifeFebruary 7, 2012
Look at the, erm, cute? snail. Isn't it...snailish? Can snails even really be cute? Whatever. Rasha.Black sent us this photo, and we just had to use it. Why? Mostly 'cause we're running out of photos, but also because snails are totally under-appreciated. Right?... More  →
Open Thread for February 7

How to Chat Politely With the Slimeball Ex Who Broke Your Heart

By Rachel KorowitzFebruary 6, 2012
It doesn't matter if she called your mom a toilet-licker or he told your little sister that candy is actually made of ground-up unicorns. If you have any friends in common, live nearby, or have extremely bad luck, you and your ex are bound to... More  →
How to Chat Politely With the Slimeball Ex Who Broke Your Heart

Auntie SparkNotes: The Unbutterflied Stomach

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 6, 2012
Dear Auntie, I am a junior girl in high school and I've never had a boyfriend. I've liked guys and I've had one or two ask me out, but nothing has ever worked out. But now I've sort of reconnected with this guy that I've known... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Unbutterflied Stomach

What Your Favorite Disney Movie Says About You

By Molly HoranFebruary 6, 2012
For the sake of this list, I'm imaging a (very sad) world without Pixar or live-action Disney films. So if your heart belongs to Monsters Inc. and The Princess Diaries, you won't find any insight into your cinema psyche here—sorry! Since Disney... More  →
What Your Favorite Disney Movie Says About You

Why I Love and Hate Writing Fiction

By ContributorFebruary 6, 2012
I'm taking a class this semester called “The Craft of Fiction,” in which we read and write as much fiction as possible. Sounds like the best thing ever, right? It is. It's also the worst thing ever. I can't quite figure it out. Some of... More  →
Why I Love and Hate Writing Fiction

February Horoscopes

By Jon_SkindzierFebruary 6, 2012
Remember that a crisis sometimes turns out to be an opportunity, while opportunistic bees often turn out to be a crisis. A romance will move you in a new direction this month, which is peculiar, because we thought we had figured out pretty much all of the directions already. More  →
February Horoscopes