Skip over navigation

The Hunger Games Just Got T Swizzled

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 13, 2012
Okay, we know you're all excited for the Hunger Games movie, but prepare to get even more excited. Seriously. Now, you've probably heard of this somewhat-obscure singer, Taylor Swift. Well, she's on the soundtrack...with the Civil Wars! If you don't know who the Civil Wars... More  →
The Hunger Games Just Got T Swizzled

Got Thick, Long Hair? Here's How to Style It!

By EmmaJanuary 13, 2012
Sparklers, Alexis has heard your pleas, and this week, she brings you not one, but TWO styles for thick hair! Loading the player ... jwplayer("hairvid").setup({ flashplayer: 'http://img.sparknotes.com/jwplayer/56/player.swf', skin: 'http://img.sparknotes.com/jwplayer/glow.zip', file: 'http://img.sparknotes.com/video/sparklife/Alexis-ThickHair.mp4', ... More  →
Got Thick, Long Hair? Here's How to Style It!

How to Shut Down Pickup Lines

By Chrissie GruebelJanuary 13, 2012
Join us out on this limb: pickup lines work basically zero percent of the time. Are we right? Love stories should just begin with the word, "Hi" and evolve over a casual conversation where each person shares likes and dislikes. Maybe a hilarious anecdote or... More  →
How to Shut Down Pickup Lines

Fun Ways to Ask a Guy to Turnabout That Are Almost Like Entrapment

By Lauren PassellJanuary 13, 2012
Haha, just kidding! It's not really entrapment, kind of. But if you're going to be brave and ask someone to Turnabout, you want to ensure the chances of them saying no are as low as possible. So let's get smart, ladies! Let's get tricky. It's... More  →
Fun Ways to Ask a Guy to Turnabout That Are Almost Like Entrapment

Why It's Way More Fun to Crush on Famous (or Fictional) People

By ContributorJanuary 13, 2012
xXxOhime-SamaxXx tells us why it's better to love celebs and imaginary dudes—as if we needed any convincing (JOSEPH GORDON-LEVITT OBSESSION, ANYONE???).—Sparkitors We've all had a crush on someone before, right? And maybe some of us have even been judged for our... More  →
Why It's Way More Fun to Crush on Famous (or Fictional) People

Cute Love Songs!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 13, 2012
Maggie sent us this awesome playlist of all the adorable love songs out there...oh, and one extra. If this playlist doesn't make you want to hug a unicorn or pet a fluffy puppy, well, there might be something wrong with you.... More  →
Cute Love Songs!

Geek Week: You Were Born For This

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 13, 2012
We don't even have to ask you if you're ready for Geek Week, Sparklers, because we already know what you'll say: "Am I ready for Geek Week? Uh, did the Millennium Falcon make the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs? Does Samwise Gamgee... More  →
Geek Week: You Were Born For This

Open Thread for January 13

By SparkLifeJanuary 13, 2012
Sparklers, meet Eggdar. Rapunzelmarie226 and co. decorated and dropped him as part of a contest...which means, sadly, you can't actually meet him. Sparklers, see Eggdar! The eggy friend you could have had, if he weren't...erm...scrambled.... More  →
Open Thread for January 13

Wes Anderson's New Trailer Is Out!

By EmmaJanuary 12, 2012
Raccoon caps, uniforms, a bespectacled male tween narrator, ocean journeys, school plays, disaffected father figures, quaintly charming dialogue ("Jiminiy Cricket, he flew the coop!"): it must be a Wes Anderson movie! Yes, this looks just like every other Wes Anderson movie we've ever seen. But WE... More  →
Wes Anderson's New Trailer Is Out!

Auntie SparkNotes: Teachercrush

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 12, 2012
Hi, Auntie! I've got a problem. I'm an eighteen year old girl, and a senior in high school. And I am kind of in love with my Physics teacher. Who is kind of thirty-one. And kind of married. And kind of has a three year old... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Teachercrush