Skip over navigation

Ask a Teacher: What's the Most Embarrassing Thing a Student has Seen You Do?

By Miss MahoneyJanuary 12, 2012
Q: What's the most embarrassing thing a student has seen you do? A: Embarrassment is part of the job when you’re a teacher. Essentially, you are being paid to embarrass yourself hourly for teenagers who, no matter what you do, will think you are uncool... More  →
Ask a Teacher: What's the Most Embarrassing Thing a Student has Seen You Do?

What To Expect In 2012

By Scott GreenstoneJanuary 12, 2012
Whatever your thoughts are on the Rapture, the Apocalypse, Ragnarok, or the Rapapocarok (zombie Viking gods pouring bowls of pudding on the earth), you will probably agree that 2012 is going to be an eventful year. Here are some things we can look forward to: The end... More  →
What To Expect In 2012

Switchfoot's "Vice Verses": The Best Rock Album Of 2011, Period

By ContributorJanuary 12, 2012
Switchfoot should probably just hire Metalhead as their publicist.—Sparkitors Merry late Christmas, happy late Hanukkah, and happy late Kwanzaa to all of you! I bet all ya'll got a ton of great stuff for the holidays —I know I did. Actually, that's kind... More  →
Switchfoot's

The Sadness Playlist!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 12, 2012
LiquidEnergy noticed that there seems to be a lack of depressing playlists, so here's one for when you need to get pumped up for a funeral or a theatric rendition of a sad play or a trip to Wal-Mart. We're not sure if... More  →
The Sadness Playlist!

Open Thread for January 12

By SparkLifeJanuary 12, 2012
soccer2rules says.... "My friend and I went to the beach on January 8th. It was nice and warm here at the Jersey Shore!  I blame Global warming for this odd weather. 49 degrees at the beach in January?" We're with you, soccer2rules; must... More  →
Open Thread for January 12

Mark Your Calenders: Hunger Games Tickets Go On Sale February 22nd!

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 11, 2012
Me: HEY, YOU. YES, YOU, WITH THE PANTS, AND THE FACE. WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON FEBRUARY 22ND? You: Oh, you know, just the usual. Stalking Chad Lobstein on Facebook. Trying to eat 48 Hot Tamales without barfing. Maybe taking a power nap, if I feel... More  →
Mark Your Calenders: Hunger Games Tickets Go On Sale February 22nd!

How to Make Chicken Lettuce Wraps

By ShivaniJanuary 11, 2012
I have a love-hate relationship with P.F. Chang’s. Hate because I never leave the place without some manner of vegetation wedged in my teeth, and love because of their lettuce wraps. They are delicious and actually quite healthy. The sad thing (for me) is... More  →
How to Make Chicken Lettuce Wraps

The Top 20 Reasons You Should Donate Your Jeans RIGHT NOW

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 11, 2012
Unless you live under a rock with no internet access, you've heard of the Teens for Jeans campaign by now. But for those of you who've been trapped under that ugly boulder, we'll recap: Teens for Jeans is a campaign by dosomething.org... More  →
The Top 20 Reasons You Should Donate Your Jeans RIGHT NOW

Auntie SparkNotes: Turnabout Surprise

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 11, 2012
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, Winter formal is just around the corner at my school, and this year it is going to be a Sadie Hawkins dance. You know what that means- all us crazy females get a chance to put our gurrrrl power on and go ask... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Turnabout Surprise

Life in SingleVille, Population 1

By ContributorJanuary 11, 2012
muchtooindian has some tips for coping with your singledom (there's stalking involved; get excited!)—Sparkitors I recently came to the realization that every person in my life has a boyfriend or a girlfriend. This revelation led to me spending days moaning, groaning, and complaining... More  →
Life in SingleVille, Population 1