Skip over navigation

The Five Stages of Sleep Deprivation

By ContributorFebruary 20, 2012
Willow 908 is an expert on insomnia, narcolepsy, and errrvrything in between!—Sparkitors As high school and college students, I'm sure you're all familiar with exhausting all-nighters, endless cram sessions, 3-hour naps, and the... More  →
The Five Stages of Sleep Deprivation

Chipotle vs. Qdoba: The Burrito Faceoff You've Been Waiting For

By Valerie BurnFebruary 20, 2012
Burritos are a total wonderfood: spicy, salty, protein-packed, filling, and magnificent. Burritos are an excellent pick-me-up on a bad day, and may even hold the key to the cure for the common cold. It is a scientific fact that no one has ever cried while... More  →
Chipotle vs. Qdoba: The Burrito Faceoff You've Been Waiting For

Least Appropriate Prom Themes

By Rachel KorowitzFebruary 20, 2012
Enchantment Under the Sea Prom? So 1955-and-please-tell-me-you've-seen-this-movie. Meant for Each Other Prom? So 1999-and-please-tell-me-you've-never-seen-this-movie. Those themes are old and tired and safe. Make your prom stand out with one of these terrible bad-boys: Carrie Prom: Dress code: '70s... More  →
Least Appropriate Prom Themes

Urban Legends VIIIIXI: Prom Night

By Chrissie GruebelFebruary 20, 2012
You know all those terrifying prom stories that your aunt (the one who has 7 pet geckos and just figured out how to use the internet) keeps forwarding to you with the subject line "DON'T GO2PROM SERIAL KILLER ON THE LOOSE HE WILL EAT YOUR... More  →
Urban Legends VIIIIXI: Prom Night

Truss You Up (The Dictonary Word of the Day Rap)

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 20, 2012
Dudes and Dudettes, this video is AWESOME. kim1412 has officially found the only rap song I will ever love: it involves every Dictionary.com Word of the Day for the entire month of January, 2012. Used correctly. In context. SO cool. If all rap... More  →
Truss You Up (The Dictonary Word of the Day Rap)

Where DO Your Socks Go?

By Kathryn_WilliamsFebruary 20, 2012
Don't worry. We believe you. Your keys were on that table five minutes ago. That sock is nowhere to be found. For years, losing something like a textbook or a hairband could be perplexing and even downright maddening. Where do these things go?!?! Fret not.... More  →
Where DO Your Socks Go?

Patriotic Ways To Celebrate Presidents' Day

By Brandon SpecktorFebruary 20, 2012
If you're just waking up, wondering why you aren't at school right now, take a minute to thank America's two greatest historical figures who aren't Beyonce. Presidents' Day—known in select Canadian provinces as Family Day (real talk) and in The UK as Bugger Off... More  →
Patriotic Ways To Celebrate Presidents' Day

How To Make Him Ask You to the Prom (Nicely)

By Lauren PassellFebruary 20, 2012
Sure, you could ask someone to the prom. Or, you could trick them into asking you! Which one is more fun? Youuuuuu betcha. Here is how it's done, ladies. Start a contest at your school called ‘THE WHO GETS TO ASK SUZIE TO PROM?” contest. Make the... More  →
How To Make Him Ask You to the Prom (Nicely)

Presidential Produce, Illustrated

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 20, 2012
Why would we draw a series of portraits featuring U.S. Presidents as various vegetables in honor of Presidents' Day? Perhaps the more important question is, we wouldn't we? Heads of lettuce; heads of state; it's all the same to us! Kale To The Chief! More  →
Presidential Produce, Illustrated

The Best of New Zealand

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 20, 2012
Eyre_head came to us with a great idea: playlists from particular places! So if you're from a country or state that doesn't get a lot of radio time, send us in some songs from your area! And enjoy her introduction to the music... More  →
The Best of New Zealand