Skip over navigation

The 10 Worst Kinds of Facebook Status Updates

By Melissa AlbertApril 3, 2012
Facebook jail: it isn't a real thing, but wouldn't it be great if it was? We could quarantine all the world's most annoying Facebook users into one designated area, where they'd walk around in circles commenting "HUH?" on everyone else's updates,... More  →
The 10 Worst Kinds of Facebook Status Updates

Ask a Teacher: From Bookworm to Social Butterfly

By Mr. FossApril 3, 2012
Q: I used to be a straight-A student (and very shy) during my freshman year. But now I am a sophomore and I am falling behind. I'm not as shy as I was before, does this mean I have to go back to hiding in... More  →
Ask a Teacher: From Bookworm to Social Butterfly

Open Thread for April 3

By SparkLifeApril 3, 2012
Wolfenwarrior says... This is a picture of my Suffolk ewe, Delilah, and her twin ewe lambs, Artemis and Aurora. They're so fluffy and cute!! We love all things fluffy and cute. Yay!... More  →
Open Thread for April 3

Three Teen Classics You Have to Read

By ContributorApril 2, 2012
There are the classics, and then there are the really old classics (you know, the ones written by dead Greek guys). Then there are the not-so-new books that everyone in high school reads, either because our English teachers make us (for good reason), or because... More  →
Three Teen Classics You Have to Read

Weddings, Double Victories, and Other News From the 2012 ACM Awards

By Jennifer GrudzieckiApril 2, 2012
Last night was the annual Academy of Country Music Awards, and just to prove we're not totally biased against the screams of dying cats country music, here's the what you need (and don't need) to know about the show. And, in case you're... More  →
Weddings, Double Victories, and Other News From the 2012 ACM Awards

Enter the 4th Annual SparkNotes Yearbook Awards for a Chance to Win $500!

By Emily WinterApril 2, 2012
Each year, SparkNotes fans have a chance to nominate themselves for a SparkNotes Yearbook Award and collect votes from readers. This year, each winner will receive $500. You read that correctly—five hundred sassy greens. How amazing could your summer be with that kind of cash?! Recently,... More  →
Enter the 4th Annual SparkNotes Yearbook Awards for a Chance to Win $500!

How to Survive Spring Break

While I'm pretty sure most people don't associate spring break with a post-apocalyptic society, I find it to be a fairly apt comparison. You see, I go to an itty-bitty liberal arts school in an extremely small town in the middle of Iowa, and (as... More  →
How to Survive Spring Break

Four Ways to Walk In Late to Class

By ElodieApril 2, 2012
Let me guess—being late to class is the one thing you thought you could pretty much do on autopilot. There’s no trick to it. There’s no handbook. You simply stumble into class tardy, and suddenly all heads swivel in your direction, the teacher stops talking... More  →
Four Ways to Walk In Late to Class

Things We Would Love to Hear in Auto-Tune

By RG DanielsApril 2, 2012
Once there was a time when MacBooks and computer software were not considered musical instruments. Believe it or not, people played guitars and if you didn’t have the voice to sing, guess what? You didn’t sing!! All that has changed with Auto-Tune—a computer program... More  →
Things We Would Love to Hear in Auto-Tune

Marie Antoinette's Voicemail Greeting-and More!

So what if voicemail technology didn't exist the 70s? That shouldn't stop historical figures from having a voicemail greeting! Marie Antoinette: “Hi, I’m like, not here because I’m feeding cake to, like, poor people. So, like, leave a message! Au revoir!” Albert Einstein: “Albert Einstein, what’s your... More  →
Marie Antoinette's Voicemail Greeting-and More!