Skip over navigation

The Best Volunteer Gig for Your Personality

By Kathryn_WilliamsJanuary 19, 2012
Deciding to be a good person is difficult, mostly because first you have to decide what kind of person you are. Matching yourself with a volunteer gig that's right for you requires peering deep into your soul and asking the question, "How do you feel... More  →
The Best Volunteer Gig for Your Personality

The 5 Albums I'm Most Excited for in 2012

By ContributorJanuary 19, 2012
Music expert Metalhead presents the list of albums he can't wait to listen to!—Sparkitors In just the first two weeks of January, my Facebook feed has been flooded with a ton of my favorite bands (old and new) announcing that, yes, they're bringing... More  →
The 5 Albums I'm Most Excited for in 2012

How to Braid Your Hair

By EmmaJanuary 19, 2012
We always thought fishtail braids involved tuna. Thank goodness Alexis is here to straighten us out! Loading the player... jwplayer("sparkvideo").setup({ flashplayer: 'http://img.sparknotes.com/jwplayer/56/player.swf', skin: 'http://img.sparknotes.com/jwplayer/glow.zip', file: 'http://img.sparknotes.com/video/sparklife/Alexis-Braiding.mp4', height: 304, width: 540, ... More  →
How to Braid Your Hair

Sh*t Sparklers Say

By Emily WinterJanuary 19, 2012
We were so jazzed about Josh's Sh*t Geeks Say video that we had to make one of our own—ABOUT YOU. (We hope you'll retaliate with a Sh*t Sparkitors Say.) Now hit play to meet intern Jenny (in the intro), Chelsea, Emma, Sparky the Dog, and... More  →
Sh*t Sparklers Say

Are English Classes Totally Worthless?

By ContributorJanuary 19, 2012
SirAlecoftheIntegral makes a bold claim, but can he back up his big talk? (We're really into the phrase "big talk" right now.)—Sparkitors I recently read a SparkLife post all about the Glorious Classics, and I couldn’t help but think how... More  →
Are English Classes Totally Worthless?

Things To Hide Before Your New SO Sees Your Room

By Jon_SkindzierJanuary 19, 2012
Nothing else combines "fun" and "harrowing" quite like having a new SO. Granted, a new relationship is awesome, but so are donuts and puppies, and they don't cease to exist if it turns out that your room is full of My Little Ponies. The same... More  →
Things To Hide Before Your New SO Sees Your Room

Trendy Looks at Thrifty Prices

By ApneetJanuary 19, 2012
This week, I thought I'd show how easy it is to thrift current retail trends. The question isn't really "Where should I look?" but "How should I look?" First and foremost, make sure you're actually buying the right size and fit for your body. Second,... More  →
Trendy Looks at Thrifty Prices

Music to Unleash Your Inner Rap Artist

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 19, 2012
P!nkaLicious is here to fill in with a music genre we've mostly ignored...rap! If you like rap music with some singing, this is the playlist for you. Actually, even if you don't like rap, this playlist is pretty good. Warning: any song with... More  →
Music to Unleash Your Inner Rap Artist

There's a Baby Elephant In This Trailer!!

By EmmaJanuary 19, 2012
...a baby elephant you can pick up and snuggle!! As Luis Guzmán says,"If this is heaven, I'm checking in." This trailer also features... * Josh Hutcherson * Bumblebees you can ride like horses * Dinosaurs (or maybe they're dragons!) * Jungle flirting betwixt... More  →
There's a Baby Elephant In This Trailer!!

The Best Lines from Harry Potter

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 19, 2012
Hippogriff_Hugger sent us this lovely video, and it almost makes us want to cry...ah, I have to say, the cast picks well—these are some fantastic lines from the Harry Potter movies, and they make me wish I could go back and watch all... More  →
The Best Lines from Harry Potter