Search Menu
Menu

13 Signs You're Afraid of Somebody

By Sean McCarthyJanuary 17, 2013
Can't figure out if the bullies in your homeroom are getting to you? Here are some signs you're legit scared: 1. You try to convince them that patting them down for weapons is actually a new kind of handshake. 2. You were able to run a half... More  →
13 Signs You're Afraid of Somebody

Auntie SparkNotes: Let's Talk About Sex And Booze

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 17, 2013
Dear Auntie, I have a question about your comment on one of your recent posts, about whether or not drunken consent counts as consent. You asked Sparklers to refrain from debating the issue there, and you were right, but I feel like it's something... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Let's Talk About Sex And Booze

The 10 Worst Ways to Win Back Your Ex

By Danielle KraeseJanuary 17, 2013
Regardless of whether you’re the dumper or the dumpee, a bad breakup can be harder to get through than an all-day marathon of Keeping Up With The Kardashians. And what’s even worse is finding yourself with the uncontrollable, inexplicable, and unrequited desire to reconnect with... More  →
The 10 Worst Ways to Win Back Your Ex

How to Fix Your Sore Throat

By reidfaylorJanuary 17, 2013
FROM: Caracupcakes Dearest Reid, My throat has been hurting for weeks now. It feels like a bunch of little gremlins snuck into my throat wielding knives. What should I do? Ms. Cupcakes, a more ignorant person in my position may suggest you see a doctor,... More  →
How to Fix Your Sore Throat

25 Reasons to Celebrate January 17th

By Dan_BergsteinJanuary 17, 2013
This will be the greatest day of the entire week. It’s already been decided. It’s out of our hands at this point. So the only thing to do is sit back, relax, and let this day hit you in the face like water playfully shot... More  →
25 Reasons to Celebrate January 17th

How to Make Mexican Hot Chocolate

By ShivaniJanuary 17, 2013
I’m freezing, and there’s not even the small consolation of snow to soothe me. Currently I’m a burrito, wrapped in several blankets and bundled up in all the fleece and sweatpants I could find. In a last-ditch effort to save myself from hypothermia, I’ve been... More  →
How to Make Mexican Hot Chocolate

An Open Letter to My Really Loud Dorm Neighbor

By ElodieJanuary 17, 2013
Dear Dude That Lives in the Dorm Room Above Me, You have stolen my sanity and peace of mind. You've whittled me down to a mere shell of the person I once was. Are you happy? Was that your plan? (I'm Elodie, by the way. Nice to... More  →
An Open Letter to My Really Loud Dorm Neighbor

What Do You Think About Lance Armstrong's Drug Confession?

By Janet ManleyJanuary 17, 2013
Tonight, Lance Armstrong’s interview with Oprah will screen across America, containing a confession (degree unknown) that Armstrong used performance-enhancing drugs during his time as a competitive cyclist—kind of like when you pedaled your streamers-accessorized bike double-speed after eating back-to-back Cyclones that one summer.... More  →
What Do You Think About Lance Armstrong's Drug Confession?

Open Thread for January 17

By SparkLifeJanuary 17, 2013
Sydney8771 sent us this artsy picture of moss. We never knew moss could be so interesting! Send us your pictures at contribute@sparknotes.com! ... More  →
Open Thread for January 17

Keep Warm This Winter with 10 Cute Outfits!

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 16, 2013
Was that the grossest way anyone has ever started a slideshow? I'm going to go with YES. But it serves to prove my point, which is that the freezing temps and blimp-sized puffer coats so common in the winter months make if tough to show up to school looking semi-decent, let More  →
Keep Warm This Winter with 10 Cute Outfits!