Skip over navigation

Meet the New SparkLife Hair Vlogger!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 7, 2011
Oh my GOSH Sparklers, what happened to your hair?! Oh no, never mind. I'm sure it looks fine. You were going for that just-got-out-of-bed rumpled look, right? Oh, you weren't? Well then, never fear! Your new SparkLife hair vlogger is here! Meet Alexis, our local... More  →
Meet the New SparkLife Hair Vlogger!

Random Present Ideas

By ContributorDecember 7, 2011
Thanks for solving our shopping dilemmas, geetargrl59! —Sparkitors If you live above ground, you know that Christmas/Hanuka/Kwanza/Baxter Day is coming up, which means one thing: fun holiday traditions. Some people bake cookies; others make latkes. Me and my friends do a random... More  →
Random Present Ideas

Harry Potter Fan Fiction: Where Do You Draw the Line Between Barfy and Brilliant?

Tegan fights back over the flagrant misuse of the sacred Potter name.—Sparkitors Dear Sparklers, I've had a pretty good week so far. On Monday I got an A in a French test. On Tuesday, I finished writing a short story that's been haunting me... More  →
Harry Potter Fan Fiction: Where Do You Draw the Line Between Barfy and Brilliant?

15 Things Not to Buy Your Crush for Christmas

By Lauren PassellDecember 7, 2011
We're assuming you're up to your pit stains in the Christmas gifts you've already bought, but have you bought a gift for your crush yet? You can't go wrong, just buy something from the heart! Wow, we can't even type that seriously. Let's be real—there... More  →
15 Things Not to Buy Your Crush for Christmas

A Categorical Guide to Library Fashion

travelwriter21 reports from the frontlines of Finals week fashion—and guys, it is a bleak scene.—Sparkitors With finals quickly approaching, I’ve spent a lot of time trapped in the library by the forces of my own procrastination. (“May I go... More  →
A Categorical Guide to Library Fashion

Why I'm Not Excited About the Doctor Who Movie

Is Hollywood obligated to ruin every television show it touches? Shadow_of_Belladonna is starting to think so... –Sparkitors Have you heard? There's a Doctor Who movie in development! Despite the fact that it will probably never get made, I've decided to start worrying... More  →
Why I'm Not Excited About the Doctor Who Movie

Flyergirl Takes On Google's How-Tos

flyergirl13 has decided to tackle some of the most-asked questions of all time—and she's starting with the A list.—Sparkitors In my last post,  I wrote a helpful guide to the most-searched Google how-to question: How To Tie a Tie. Then, I... More  →
Flyergirl Takes On Google's How-Tos

15 Things You Can Do When Your Roommate Goes Home for the Weekend

By ElodieDecember 7, 2011
Maybe you're best friends with your roommate, or maybe you're planning to smother them in their sleep and just need to pick out the perfect pillow. Either way, there's something curiously liberating about having the dorm room to yourself when they go home for the... More  →
15 Things You Can Do When Your Roommate Goes Home for the Weekend

You Can't Escape The Rules!

By Scott GreenstoneDecember 7, 2011
Rule #26: Even if You’re Engaged or Married, You Still Need The Rules. The joy just never ends! According to E-Fein and Shusher, if you didn’t start off your marriage the Rules way, you may have some problems: your husband “treating you badly,” taking you for... More  →
You Can't Escape The Rules!

Open Thread for December 7

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 7, 2011
Sparklers, it's simply got to be said: MY DAD IS THE COOLEST DAD IN THE WORLD. Your dad is probably an excellent man, but there's just no way, NO WAY, that he's as great as my father. Here are 5 reasons why Dad... More  →
Open Thread for December 7