Skip over navigation

Are You Scared of Being Sorted Wrong?

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 26, 2011
For all you Pottermore fans out there... If you're not scared of being put into the wrong Hogwarts house, you're about to be (but in a very catchy, fun-to-listen-to sort of way). Thanks Bexxrose for bringing this fear to my attention! What letter... More  →
Are You Scared of Being Sorted Wrong?

My Crush Is Way Outta My League

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 26, 2011
Forget Zac Efron and Taylor Lautner; HappyMadPuzzler is drooling over the dreamboats of The Justice League. There's just something about dudes in spandex...—Sparkitors In case you didn't know, the Justice League are the defenders of the universe—and they also happen to be hotter... More  →
My Crush Is Way Outta My League

Hilarious British TV Shows You Should Be Watching, But (Sadly) Aren't (Yet)

By ContributorAugust 26, 2011
{Insert_Witty_Username_Here} has the lowdown all the Brit sitcoms you will shortly be addicted to.—Sparkitors Sparklers, my mother likes Netflix. I mean she really, REALLY likes Netflix (even with the price hike!), so it is not uncommon for her to pop into my room... More  →
Hilarious British TV Shows You Should Be Watching, But (Sadly) Aren't (Yet)

Mad-Sad Playlist

FlagpoleSitta brings us today's playlist from the book Flash Burnout by L. K. Madigan. It is the perfect playlist to listen to if you're angry at someone for breaking your heart (maybe someone should play this for Adele—"Rolling in the Deep"... More  →
Mad-Sad Playlist

Open Thread for August 26

Here is a picture of InsaneRunningKid's desk toy collection. We are very jealous, and if you read her caption, you will be too: In the top left corner we have my stuffed monkey, Pigfarts, guarded closely by Anakin Skywalker, Han Solo, and a sumo... More  →
Open Thread for August 26

My Little Pony Meets Dr. Horrible

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 25, 2011
Because I know you all have been dying to watch some epic My Little Pony battles, here is a video of adorable animated rainbow ponies trying to kill each other (sent in by liveloveanimals)! And for those of you who don't... More  →
My Little Pony Meets Dr. Horrible

Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 1

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 25, 2011
Chapter One: The Riddle House Better Title: Cover Your Eyes, Children This is it. This is the turning point of the series. The first three books are piles of stupid compared to what follows. No more will the books be silly whodunit Blue's Clues mysteries. Instead, the... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 1

Ask a Teacher: At What Age Are Students the Jerkiest?

By Miss MahoneyAugust 25, 2011
Q: At what age are students the jerkiest? A: My first year of teaching, I taught eighth grade. It was the worst year of my life. By now, I have taught every grade in high school, and I can say undoubtedly that teenagers are the lowest forms... More  →
Ask a Teacher: At What Age Are Students the Jerkiest?

Auntie SparkNotes: When Reading Hurts

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 25, 2011
Dear Auntie, As part of the tortures of high school, my particular school has decided to require summer reading, and work to go with it. However, it has a very hard test, therefore I can't just look up summaries online. The book we have to read is... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: When Reading Hurts

A Lesson in Disney Awesomeness

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 25, 2011
First of all, undercover_ninja_turtle, I love your username. Also, I LOVE your taste in music—who can resist excellent Disney songs? "I'll Make a Man Out of You" is one of the best songs to listen to while working out (trust me),... More  →
A Lesson in Disney Awesomeness