Search Menu
Menu

Quiz: Should You Get a Short Haircut?

By Ashley Brooke RobertsApril 10, 2013
Congratulations! Your hair finally got long enough for a ponytail, bun, or one of those cool side braids that wrap around your head and make you look like the type of lady that should be slightly out of focus, walking through the woods, and starring... More  →
Quiz: Should You Get a Short Haircut?

21 Things Your Computer Would Say if it Could Talk Back

By Janet ManleyApril 10, 2013
We have a hunch that in a year or two, our computers will be smart enough to process what we do with them, and talk back. Here's what we think Computer would say: 1. "Dave, my CPU is at like 70% when you run Photoshop, Illustrator... More  →
21 Things Your Computer Would Say if it Could Talk Back

Open Thread for April 10

By SparkLifeApril 10, 2013
We love spring! Is it warm where you are? Send in your pictures to contribute@sparknotes.com! ... More  →
Open Thread for April 10

Auntie SparkNotes: I Wear Tons Of Makeup 'Cause I Suck As A Person

By kat_rosenfieldApril 9, 2013
Hi Auntie Sparknotes! I could really use your advice. Please don't judge me too harshly because this is going to sound really bad. I'm incredibly vain. I'm a really suckish person and I compensate for my lack of personality by wearing pounds of makeup. I hate... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: I Wear Tons Of Makeup 'Cause I Suck As A Person

Ellen Finds Yet Another Incredibly Talented Child

By Jennifer GrudzieckiApril 9, 2013
If you only watched Ellen's show, you'd probably think all the children in the world are extremely gifted performers. (Seriously, am I the only one who was a perfectly average child?) On her latest trip to Australia, Ellen visited her wife Portia's elementary school, where... More  →
Ellen Finds Yet Another Incredibly Talented Child

Other Words for "Hot"

By Valerie BurnApril 9, 2013
We describe people as "hot" a little too often. That barista (baristo?) at Starbucks? Hot. Your friend's stepbrother? Hot. That guy in the State Farm commercial? Hotttttttt. This weekend my aunt described Adam Levine as such: "I wouldn't kick him out of bed for... More  →
Other Words for "Hot"

Prom Makeup: Casual Glamour

By Allison EmmApril 9, 2013
We’ve all seen that ever popular vintage red lip look. The thick, black, cat-eyed liner, paired with deep scarlet lips. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with it, and it’s obviously popular for a reason. It’s a classic, and almost universally flattering. However, afte More  →
Prom Makeup: Casual Glamour

5 Ways Get Your Crush to Ask You Out

By Laura EtheredgeApril 9, 2013
Being in love is great. People think you’ve gotten a haircut even when you haven't, and each time you write, “Mr. and Mrs. Your Crush’s Last Name Or Your Own If You’re A Dude Or A Righteous Lady” on a piece of paper, it counts... More  →
5 Ways Get Your Crush to Ask You Out

Ask Jono: Date Goes Badly, Everyone Becomes Confused

By Jon_SkindzierApril 9, 2013
Dear Jono, So I've been majorly crushing on this guy for about a year now. For the most part, I'm pretty bubbly and outgoing, but I haven't had much experience with boys. Therefore, whenever a cute one comes within my range, I... More  →
Ask Jono: Date Goes Badly, Everyone Becomes Confused

Which Hipster Folk Instrument Is Right for You?

By Janet ManleyApril 9, 2013
Sparklers, the sun is shining, sheer fabrics are back, and we will all soon be hopping through the forest with feathers in our hair under an eternal sunset, if clothing catalogs are to be believed. But what shall the soundtrack to this epic journey be?... More  →
Which Hipster Folk Instrument Is Right for You?