Search Menu
Menu

Open Thread for April 27

By SparkLifeApril 27, 2013
IAmEternal says, "Hi! This is a picture from my trip to India last summer. I didn't go paragliding myself but it looks quite fun!" Love it! Send your pictures to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for April 27

Auntie SparkNotes: I Think My Parents Are Swingers

By kat_rosenfieldApril 26, 2013
Dear Auntie, I know you've addressed some topics like this before, but I've been very bothered by this problem. My mom and dad divorced when I was very young and now he's been remarried for about 3 years. As I am a technologically savvy and... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: I Think My Parents Are Swingers

15 Signs You're Too Obsessed With Prom

By Bailey_SwilleyApril 26, 2013
Are you a promzilla? If one or more of these sound like you, then you might be a Grade A Formal Monster... 1. You've made sure that you and your friends' dresses perfectly and accurately illustrate ROYGBIV. 2. You've started referring to your mother as... More  →
15 Signs You're Too Obsessed With Prom

Call Dibs on Guilty-Pleasure Dates HERE

By rel1996April 26, 2013
As soon as I saw SparkLife was having a prom, I immediately wondered whom I would ask. Then I saw oboesapien's post about MatchMaking Sparklers and Manklers and it made me think: what if your dream prom date is a celebrity/book character/tv character/movie character?? And... More  →

Ummmm, Wikipedia Removes Female Novelists from "American Novelists" List

By Janet ManleyApril 26, 2013
Gender equality? "No thanks!" says Wikipedia. Novelist Amanda Filipacchi recently noticed that the list of female authors on the “American Novelists” page of Wikipedia was magically shrinking. Wikipedia administrators were moving authors like Harper Lee, Louisa May Alcott, and Ayn Rand from... More  →
Ummmm, Wikipedia Removes Female Novelists from "American Novelists" List

My Life as a Musical: You're Gonna Miss Me

By TalieApril 26, 2013
It’s no secret that I like to sing. Like, so much that I’m pretty sure the people in the apartment next to mine wants to tear out my vocal chords or something. And I’ve posted a couple of music-y YouTube videos here and there, but... More  →
My Life as a Musical: You're Gonna Miss Me

Open Thread for April 26

By SparkLifeApril 26, 2013
dramatictrackienerd says, "My dog, coco (it's... More  →
Open Thread for April 26

Joffrey Bieber Wins The Internet Today

By kat_rosenfieldApril 25, 2013
Maybe you don't swoon over the high fantasy scandal-drama of "Game of Thrones." Maybe you don't scream and rend your shirt with excitement at the mere mention of Justin Bieber. But Sparklers, you will do all these things when you bear witness to the glorious... More  →
Joffrey Bieber Wins The Internet Today

6 Awesome Ideas for Anti-Prom

By Allison EmmApril 25, 2013
Chances are that if you’re reading this, you don’t really need too much convincing that prom isn’t actually that big of a deal.  Frankly, if the height of your life is becoming a subjectively appointed “king” or “queen” of who-knows-what at the ripe old age... More  →
6 Awesome Ideas for Anti-Prom

Calling All Sparklers: Teach Us Your Talky Ways!

By Laura EtheredgeApril 25, 2013
If you’ve told your parents once, you’ve told them a million times—and yet your dad still awkwardly "holla!"s at you, and your mom signs every text “Love, Your Mother.” Somewhere between when they were your age and now, communication has completely collapsed—how to relate (and... More  →
Calling All Sparklers: Teach Us Your Talky Ways!