Skip over navigation
Prom

Open Thread for April 20

By SparkLifeApril 20, 2012
Slytherinchaser13 says... I design and puffy paint shirts for fun and I did this one on Monday. I used only red and gold glitter puffy paint, and it took me a total of ten hours. Time well spent. You know what would... More  →
Open Thread for April 20

You Decide Who Gets $500!

By Emily WinterApril 19, 2012
The voting phase of the 4th Annual SparkNotes Yearbook Awards has begun! Teens from all over the country submitted photos and applications to participate in the SparkNotes superlatives. Now it's YOUR TURN to decide which teen qualifies for Best Eyes, Biggest Hipster, Best Hair, Biggest Nerd,... More  →
You Decide Who Gets $500!

Four Ridiculish Spring Recipes

By Kathryn_WilliamsApril 19, 2012
Spring has SPRUNG, Sparklebutts! At least if you live in the southeastern United States, like me. If you live in the Arctic Circle, hang in there! If you are a food-lover, then part of the joy of this bounteous season is the return of farmer's markets... More  →
Four Ridiculish Spring Recipes

What to Wear When You Don't Feel Like Getting Dressed

By kat_rosenfieldApril 19, 2012
Confession: I really, really didn't want to get dressed-with-a-capital-D today. I was kicking around in complete schlubby comfort, drinking coffee on my couch, wearing soft clothes and harboring no intentions of even being seen by anybody except my cat and dog. Who, of course, cannot... More  →
What to Wear When You Don't Feel Like Getting Dressed

Blogging Barnes&Noble.com's "Must Reads for Teens": Lenobia's Vow

By ContributorApril 19, 2012
You know how stereotypical teenage girls like to online window-shop for clothes? Well, when I’m bored, I like to online window-shop for books. One of my favorite sites is, of course, barnesandnoble.com. The other day I was browsing the “Must-Reads” in... More  →
Blogging Barnes&Noble.com's "Must Reads for Teens": Lenobia's Vow

Adventures in... Water Aerobics?

By ContributorApril 19, 2012
Well, I have officially sunk to a new low—literally! It was an in-ground pool. Some people may ask me why, at the tender age of 18, I decided to engage in an activity that most reserve for their twilight years. I say, why not? When someone... More  →
Adventures in... Water Aerobics?

Auntie SparkNotes: Should I Rat Out My Cheating Classmate?

By kat_rosenfieldApril 19, 2012
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I have a problem (duh). There's this boy in my French class I saw cheating with his iPhone. He saw me see him cheat. Now he sits near me all the time because he thinks I'm an enabler, since he hasn't been ratted... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Should I Rat Out My Cheating Classmate?

Katniss Meets Barbie: One Doll to Rule Us All

By Chrissie GruebelApril 19, 2012
Yes, "technically" Katniss is a "Barbie." Still, let's imagine the Katniss Barbie to have all the fire and spirit of real Katniss (and by "real" we mean either Jennifer Lawrence OR Katniss in the book OR me doing Katniss cosplay—choose you own adventure). Barbie might be... More  →
Katniss Meets Barbie: One Doll to Rule Us All

Harry Potter Books That JK Rowling Should've Written (or Not)

By Brandon SpecktorApril 19, 2012
Some of you already turned the enthusiasm up to 11 when we dropped the bomb about JK's forthcoming novel, The Casual Vacancy. Others, understandably, were a bit bummed that Rowling is now definitively moving on from the Harry Potter franchise. We're bummed about... More  →
Harry Potter Books That JK Rowling Should've Written (or Not)