Skip over navigation

Why You Should Say YES to Fan Fiction

By ContributorDecember 27, 2011

Performer_for_Life promises a typo-and-slash-free fan-fic experience, if you just know where to look. –Sparkitors

Okay, so based on recent SparkLife articles on the subject, we can all pretty much agree that 85% of fan fiction is bad. Like, “I’d-Rather-Stick-Needles-in-My-Eyes” bad.... More  →
Why You Should Say YES to Fan Fiction

The Homeschoolers' Song

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 27, 2011
If you didn't already love Rhett and Link, readergrl96 found another reason. For all you homeschoolers out there, should we be worried? Are they right? Are you really about to take over the world? Send in your favorite videos to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
The Homeschoolers' Song

How to Throw a One Person New Year's Eve Party

By Josh PeriloDecember 27, 2011
Let’s face it. New Year’s Eve is wrought with all kinds of expectations and high hopes. There’s no way to avoid it: we’re going to be disappointed. But there’s a way around the heartache and drama. There’s a way that we... More  →
How to Throw a One Person New Year's Eve Party

Anger Management: Punching Pillows and Other Helpful Tips

By ContributorDecember 27, 2011
BritishTea is like the Incredible Hulk, minus the green skin, and with a lot more self control.—Sparkitors I get angry. A lot. And mostly about things that don't really matter that much. After all the fighting is done, I feel bad about... More  →
Anger Management: Punching Pillows and Other Helpful Tips

Open Thread for December 27

By SparkLifeDecember 27, 2011
Haylee submitted this gorgeous pic of Cape Town, South Africa, saying: This is the penguins' home! I want to live there! We're totes in agreement, Haylee. This place is BEAUTIFUL.... More  →
Open Thread for December 27

Where to Find the Best Comics on the Web

By ContributorDecember 26, 2011
Synesthesian got you webcomics for (late) Christmas! –Sparkitors When people think of comics, they probably picture either Marvel and DC or the Sunday funnies. But there's a whole world of comics out there, and it goes way beyond superheroes. I’ve gathered a list of... More  →
Where to Find the Best Comics on the Web

5 Bands that Make It Feel Like Summer All Year Long

Metalhead865's got a musical pick-me-up for all your Sparklers who miss the summertime!—Sparkitors Tired of being cold? Tired of it getting dark early? Miss those days when all you had to do was drive down to the beach, lie... More  →
5 Bands that Make It Feel Like Summer All Year Long

A Capella Cover of "All Night Long"

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 26, 2011
After I got over the fact that it's pretty creepy to hear this song sung by a guy (I don't know why, it just is), I find this very cool. Look at how many sound effects he can make with his mouth! There should be... More  →
A Capella Cover of

Rainy Day Playlist

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 26, 2011
Even though it's winter and it should be snowing instead of raining, it always seems to be raining where we live. The weather has got it all wrong. Luckily, Elizabeth has got it all right with this rainy day playlist! "Tangerine" by Led Zeppelin "More  →
Rainy Day Playlist

What Should Beyoncé Name Her Baby?

ginger00416 has got some ideas for Jay-Z and Beyoncé. Any of these sound like a keeper? —Sparkitors As you all probably know—unless you have been living under a rock with no Wi-fi—Beyoncé is pregnant. She and Jay-Z have finally decided... More  →
What Should Beyoncé Name Her Baby?