Skip over navigation

Open Thread for December 6

By SparkLifeDecember 6, 2011
HURRAH FOR GEEKY BAKED GOODS! Yesterday we had a Pokemon cookie cake, last week we had Star Wars treats, and today we've got BUTTERBEER CUPCAKES! Here's what LunyLovegood has to say about her culinary masterpiece: I, LunyLovegood, made butterbeer cupcakes.... More  →
Open Thread for December 6

Auntie SparkNotes: Post-Suspension Ruination

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 5, 2011
Dearest Auntie, I am in a predicament. You see, I was a good kid, leader, role-model, etc.in various roles of leadership in my HS: I was the Head Drum-Major of the band, I was the leader of FCA, Crimestoppers, Spanish Club, NHS, Drama Club, etc. etc..... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Post-Suspension Ruination

You Know You've Been Studying for Too Long When...

By Scott GreenstoneDecember 5, 2011
The Dark Lord extending his evil reign on your brain this month? His name be-ith Finals. Finals the Dreaded One. The only way to defeat him is to study, and you’ve been spending more time studying than, perhaps, you should. But how do you know when... More  →
You Know You've Been Studying for Too Long When...

And the Consensus Is....

By ContributorDecember 5, 2011
Things are looking good for Faye and Ash...but what about Faye and her fake boyfriend? —Sparkitors Hi, and welcome to THE GIRLS’ ROOM! (Throwback to early 2000’s Nickelodeon, anyone? Anyone? Okay then.) Well I’m Faye, and I’m SUPER POPULAR! This week in THE GIRLS’ ROOM, we’re... More  →
And the Consensus Is....

Being Difficult Doesn't Make It a Sport

All_Is_Mal is about to define "sports" in very clear terms. Cheerleaders, brace yourselves.—Sparkitors For some absurd reason, everyone who does any sort of physical activity insists that it is a sport—probably because most people think that makes it more... More  →
Being Difficult Doesn't Make It a Sport

Teen Novels That Aren't Nearly As Popular As They Should Be

da213 wants to spread the word about these awesome but underappreciated books!—Sparkitors I’m not saying these intrepid tomes of teen lit are Harry Potter-level, but they are really great books, and I have no idea why they aren’t more... More  →
Teen Novels That Aren't Nearly As Popular As They Should Be

In Defense of ... *gulp*... Twilight

dianamer994 bravely faces Twi-haters—but will she win you over to the dark side?—Sparkitors Ok, STOP. Put down those pitchforks, torches, and very sharp carrots (which incidentally make a weapon that is both healthy and delicious!) and listen before assaulting: I... More  →
In Defense of ... *gulp*... Twilight

Greek Goddess Makeup Tutorial

Welcome to Lucero's second makeup tutorial, Greek Goddess. We love her shiny eyelids and golden lips—perfect date makeup! Now we just have to get the... More  →
Greek Goddess Makeup Tutorial

The Pros and Cons of Being Sick

Get well soon, LunyLovegood!Sparkitors Being sick, and therefore missing school: we all know how much this stinks. You're huddled under a pile of blankets, a thermometer under your tongue, and if you're like me, your parents are at work, and you're home alone... More  →
The Pros and Cons of Being Sick

The Burn Book Doesn't Exist: Debunking Misconceptions About the "Popular" Crowd

Sparkler Sammy is here to put a stop to the stereotypes!—Sparkitors Sparklebutts, let me ask you a very important question: how many of you have seen the movie Mean Girls? Don’t lie to me; I can see... More  →
The Burn Book Doesn't Exist: Debunking Misconceptions About the