Search Menu
Menu

Need Dollars? Enter the 2013 SparkNotes Yearbook Awards for a Chance to Win $250!!!

By Emily WinterMay 7, 2013
It's that time again, Sparklers: HOT CHEDDAR TIME. Every year, Pendleton Q. SparkNotes puts down his sapphire-encrusted dictionary, raises his monocle, reaches in his giant silk sack, and pulls out... other silk sacks. Then he reaches into his back pocket and throws down wads of cold,... More  →
Need Dollars? Enter the 2013 SparkNotes Yearbook Awards for a Chance to Win $250!!!

Celeb Style at the 2013 Met Gala!

By Chelsea DaggerMay 7, 2013
YES, 50. And every single one is RIFE with pictures of gorgeous girls in gorgeous (and/or terrifying) gowns—not to mention an altogether obscene amount of ALL-CAPS. We have the Metropolitan Costume Ball to thank for this deluge of photographs and rogue capitilization; it More  →
Celeb Style at the 2013 Met Gala!

Don't Touch Your Phone, It Is Revolting

By kat_rosenfieldMay 7, 2013
If you're reading this post on your iPhone, you should stop what you're doing immediately and set your fingers on fire. Seriously, you won't want to use them again after you hear that your cunning little smartphone has more bacteria on it per square inch... More  →
Don't Touch Your Phone, It Is Revolting

Things We WISH Could Be Turned into Efficient Energy

By Kathryn_WilliamsMay 7, 2013
Let's say you grow an experimenting foul-smelling, rotting magical mold forest under your bed and get grounded. Sara Volz does it and gets props from President Obama and $100,000. You're gross, and she's got the bees knees. What's the difference? The... More  →
Things We WISH Could Be Turned into Efficient Energy

Just Your Normal Bunnies vs. Piglets Bracket: Round 2

By Kathryn_WilliamsMay 7, 2013
Looks like we have tapped into a subconscious well of profound emotion surrounding bunnies and piglets with this bracket, Sparklers. Let's explore this topic more. This is a safe space. Vote in the comments. More  →
Just Your Normal Bunnies vs. Piglets Bracket: Round 2

Which Orchestra Instrument Are You?

By Janet ManleyMay 7, 2013
Take this quiz to find out! 1. On a Friday night, you can typically be found: a) twirling in a meadow b) doing jazz dance in an alley c) crying in a dusty picture frame shop d) at the batting cages e) reading Jane Austen 2. On a weekend, you like... More  →
Which Orchestra Instrument Are You?

Open Thread for May 7

By SparkLifeMay 7, 2013
Lizzy says, "These are all pictures that I've taken of the young fruit tree in my backyard during the short period of time that it's in bloom. I got it in a tiny flower pot 13 years ago and planted it, and it has grown to... More  →
Open Thread for May 7

Auntie SparkNotes: Am I Just Scared of Relationships?

By kat_rosenfieldMay 6, 2013
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, This is going to sound strange, but I'd rather sleep around than be in a relationship, and I'm not sure what to do about it. I'm a senior in high school and have recently entered a relationship and it scares the hell out of... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Am I Just Scared of Relationships?

Ten Signs Your Teacher Just Haaates You

By Laura EtheredgeMay 6, 2013
You can't make everyone love you. But some people—i.e., those clutching your life’s balance in their red pen-toting hands—are more important to woo than others. Sure, there are teachers who hate everyone and everything. But there are also teachers who definitely just hate you. Here's... More  →
Ten Signs Your Teacher Just Haaates You