Skip over navigation

Chris Colfer's Novel Debuts Today

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJuly 17, 2012
Just in case you didn't already love Chris Colfer, who plays Kurt Hummel on Glee and wrote and starred in the movie Struck by Lightning, here's another little tidbit: he just wrote a novel. And we're not talking Miley-Cyrus-wrote-a-book-about-her-life novel, guys—Colfer's book is... More  →
Chris Colfer's Novel Debuts Today

SparkLife Terms and Their Definitions

By ContributorJuly 17, 2012

It’s not uncommon to see the comments section filled with questions about some of the terms being used. What does LW stand for? Who is Gary? What does BAM mean? Many new Sparklers feel silly for not knowing, even though no... More  →

SparkLife Terms and Their Definitions

Comments and Login Are Temporarily Broken :'( [UPDATE]

By EmmaJuly 17, 2012
Your Sparkitors had a sweaty meltdown yesterday because no one was commenting. First we were in denial ("the Sparklers are on vacation. All of them. At once."). Then we were angry ("HOW DARE THEY?!? UNGRATEFUL WRETCHES! THEY DON'T DESERVE THEIR CROWNS!"). Bargaining quickly followed ("if... More  →
Comments and Login Are Temporarily Broken :'( [UPDATE]

Open Thread for July 17

By SparkLifeJuly 17, 2012
Metalhead865 says... "This is one of my favorite things in the whole wide world. It's Business Up Front/Party In The Back by Family Force 5. Why is it so awesome? (Besides the fact that the music is amazing.) Well, for one, it's... More  →
Open Thread for July 17

Producers Announce Independence Day 2, Maybe New Stargate Movies, Too

By Brandon SpecktorJuly 16, 2012
You'd think the aliens would eventually realize that there's nothing all that special about Earth. We've depleted most of our resources and humans don't even taste that good. But still, time and again, the aliens float down in their fleets of gunmetal crumpets so they... More  →
Producers Announce Independence Day 2, Maybe New Stargate Movies, Too

What's Your Norwegian Name?

By ContributorJuly 16, 2012
Norway is definitely a place everyone should visit in their lifetime. I mean, just look at it! And remember those Vikings you learned about in school? Yep, they lived in Norway. One of the many gods they worshiped? Yep, Thor. (Let’s just hope... More  →
What's Your Norwegian Name?

Mermaid Makeup

By LuceroJuly 16, 2012
We can't wait for you to see this look—we're wearing it every Saturday night for the rest of the summer. —Sparkitors... More  →
Mermaid Makeup

Horse Girl Problems

By ContributorJuly 16, 2012
If you were to ask me what my favorite sport was, I would immediately respond “horseback riding.”  Specifically, I am a Hunter/Jumper. I love the sport; it's a huge stress reliever, it's certainly a whole lot of fun, and horses are amazing creatures. However, this... More  →
Horse Girl Problems

10 Things To Say To Your SO's Parents When You Meet Them For The First Time

By Lauren PassellJuly 16, 2012
Meeting your new boyfriend or girlfriend's parents for the first time can be stressful, and we can't really be there to whisper in your ear "zip your fly!" or "that is the shrimp fork, not the salad fork!" But we can offer these icebreakers. They... More  →
10 Things To Say To Your SO's Parents When You Meet Them For The First Time

Check Out Jenny's Hot Pink Ballet Flats

By EmmaJuly 16, 2012
When life gives you blister lemons, buy hot pink lemonade! (Just pretend that makes sense.) More  →
Check Out Jenny's Hot Pink Ballet Flats