Skip over navigation

Open Thread for March 15

By SparkLifeMarch 15, 2012
The_Princess_Geek's zoo has these adorable dinosaur cutouts inside it. We LOVE them. And we feel nostalgic for the Land Before Time. Anyone else?... More  →
Open Thread for March 15

How JC Penney Got Its Groove Back

By Kathryn_WilliamsMarch 14, 2012
The JC Penney juniors department holds a very special place in my heart. It is where nearly every pre-dance total transformation attempt began. Shopping for the perfect dress among the racks at Penney's was no small task. If I got it right, I... More  →
How JC Penney Got Its Groove Back

Creative Corsages, Illustrated

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 14, 2012
If you're going to prom this year, no doubt you know about the evening's traditional floral necessities: a corsage on the wrist of the ladies, and a boutonniere on the lads' lapels. But if you're allergic to tradition—or to sneezy flower pollen—don't fret! Your SparkNote More  →
Creative Corsages, Illustrated

How to Survive a Spring Break Road Trip with Your Family

By SissyMarch 14, 2012
Spending your spring break at on the beach in Florida sounds perfectly lovely, but the part about being stuck in a car with your family each way really terrifies you. How will you make it through a two-day drive with your fam? We’ve come up... More  →
How to Survive a Spring Break Road Trip with Your Family

Which Musician Got a Sneak Peek of The Hunger Games Movie?

By Aislinn ShevlinMarch 14, 2012
Dear daylight savings, please give me my hour back, I was particularly fond of that one and I don't want to wait 'til October to get it back More  →
Which Musician Got a Sneak Peek of The Hunger Games Movie?

Pi's Twitter Account

By Josh PeriloMarch 14, 2012
It's Pi's birthday today, and what better way to celebrate than to take a quick look at his Twitter account and see what he's been up to lately: I'm keynote speaker at this year's San Diego MathCon! Pretty Psiched. #SeeWhatIDidThere #FF @MajInAiryNumb3r @OccamsRazor @lHopitalRulez @PapaTime Back in court... More  →
Pi's Twitter Account

Five Ways to Kill a Crush

By Melissa AlbertMarch 14, 2012
Some crushes die, some crushes fade away. And some explode, littering the area with shrapnel and requiring a murder-scene cleanup crew. However it happens, odds for resuscitation are never good. Here are some of the many ways your crush can come to... More  →
Five Ways to Kill a Crush

11 Ways to Celebrate Pi Day

By RG DanielsMarch 14, 2012
A few suggestions on how to celebrate 3.14 on 3/14: 1. Bake a pie. Better yet, bake 3.14 pies and serve them to 3.14 people (a baby could be .14 of a person) 2. Watch the movie π with someone you love. Or watch it with... More  →
11 Ways to Celebrate Pi Day

Auntie SparkNotes: Antisemite Troglodytes

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 14, 2012
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I am in public high school now, but for the past 3 years I went to a private middle school with about 1/4 Jews. I guess I kind of got used to people never saying anti-Semitic things, but now it is different. Some... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Antisemite Troglodytes

How to Write a Hit List Post

By ContributorMarch 14, 2012
Metalhead gives you the step-by-step guide to writing the perfect Hit List!--Sparkitors 'Sup! Metalhead here. Now that I'm taking a break from writing Hit List posts, I'd really like to see some from you guys! Just in case you need a... More  →
How to Write a Hit List Post