Skip over navigation

Cats Are the Coolest. Case Closed.

By ContributorNovember 7, 2011
You will never, ever guess how many cats little_miss_sparky has. Go on, try. 8, you think? 11? WRONGGGG.—Sparkitors Most of the people I know detest cats with fiery passion. And they're not alone in their opinion; cats are widely thought to be lazy, boring,... More  →
Cats Are the Coolest. Case Closed.

Ron Weasley Was Supposed to Die

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 7, 2011
This is not a joke. J.K. Rowling ADMITTED that she seriously considered killing off Ron Weasley. That's right, Sparklers, not only did she kill Fred, Mad Eye, Dobby, Hedwig, Tonks, Lupin, and Sirius, she also wanted to kill Ron. RON! Can you believe it? I... More  →
Ron Weasley Was Supposed to Die

My First Kiss Was a Nose-Bonking DISASTER

Thank you, grace_return7: your hilarious story just cured our case of the Monnnndays. WELL DONE.—Sparkitors It seems like there's been an abundance of cruel first kiss stories on SparkLife... More  →
My First Kiss Was a Nose-Bonking DISASTER

How to Cope With A Crippling NaNoWriMo Failure

Flyergirl13 suffered a HUGE loss—but she was brave enough to bounce back (after a healthy amount of weeping)!—Sparkitors It's 10:00 at night and you're scrambling to finish the last 400 words to meet your daily NaNoWriMo quota. You re-check the word counter to... More  →
How to Cope With A Crippling NaNoWriMo Failure

A Very ATL Playlist

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 7, 2011
Come on, who doesn't love All Time Low? Even if you won't admit it out loud, we know you secretly like them. It's just impossible not to! In honor of that, JustToBeQuiet has made an entire playlist of the very best of the best... More  →
A Very ATL Playlist

Open Thread for November 7

By SparkLifeNovember 7, 2011
StarkidMassie has a thing for shiny cars: This is one for the Manklers or car-fanatic Sparklers like me. (: I took this at a gas station near an airport when I flew to visit family. It was sparkly and delightful and... More  →
Open Thread for November 7

Open Thread for November 6

By SparkLifeNovember 6, 2011
This Sparkler's magical microwave can reheat last night's lasagna...and stop time. Got an amazing pic? Send it to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for November 6

Open Thread for November 5

By SparkLifeNovember 5, 2011
We were unaware of this meme before We TanTanTheLadiesMan's pumpkin got us Googling. Thanks for educating us, Tanster! Send your open thread pics to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for November 5

Recovering from the Post-Party Blues

By Kathryn_WilliamsNovember 4, 2011
Whether it's your bar mitzvah, your prom, your post-play wrap party, your debutante ball, your graduation, your birthday, an awesome vacation, Christmas, your annual miniature golf invitational, or your wedding to a man 35 years your senior (yes, we... More  →
Recovering from the Post-Party Blues

Dear Albert: Fundamentally De-friended

By Emily WinterNovember 4, 2011
“Moral dilemma: Is it wrong to kill bees?” I ask Braden. A fat bee loops around the near-empty newspaper room. Man, bees! Braden seems not to notice it. He’s reading through the giant stack of letters I’ve amassed with Renee’s help. Letters from witnesses who saw... More  →
Dear Albert: Fundamentally De-friended