Search Menu
Menu

How to Explain a Bad Grade to Your Parents

By Laura EtheredgeFebruary 27, 2013
The worst has happened: the critics panned your Hamlet diorama. Your surprisingly tasteful anatomy skit was… not well received. (And yet it was so thorough!) You tried your best, you really did—so while you nurse your bruised ego, think about what happens next, because how you... More  →
How to Explain a Bad Grade to Your Parents

10 Things That Shouldn't Exist

By Melissa AlbertFebruary 27, 2013
1. Cake pops. These single bites of dried-out cake impaled on a stick combine only the worst aspects of bakery cake and lollipops. 2. Self-flushing toilets. Is it such a terrible burden to have to flush your own toilet? Is freedom from... More  →
10 Things That Shouldn't Exist

Open Thread for February 27

By SparkLifeFebruary 27, 2013
Wendelin_the_Weird says, "This picture reminds me of spring. Which is much needed, because, unfortunately, it is currently 10 degrees outside :(.   It's of the pear tree in my front yard last April.  It took me forever to zoom in on the perfect... More  →
Open Thread for February 27

Everything I Know About The Fault In Our Stars (Without Reading the Book)

By Dan_BergsteinFebruary 26, 2013
It’s impossible to ignore the popularity of John Green’s The Fault in Our Stars. The book is a full- blown phenomenon. The movie is in the works, of course, and that will only boost the book’s hype. But I haven’t read it. I haven’t seen... More  →
Everything I Know About The Fault In Our Stars (Without Reading the Book)

Ask Jono: First Kiss Concerns

By Jon_SkindzierFebruary 26, 2013
Hi SparkLife! So, I've never been kissed, kinda. Guys have tried to kiss me, one even almost did, but I've denied them because I tell them that I don't want to rush into things, even though I totally do! I'm just afraid. Where the heck... More  →
Ask Jono: First Kiss Concerns

Auntie SparkNotes: I Don't Feel Settled At College

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 26, 2013
Dear Auntie, This year, I started university, and moved into university accommodation. Although I was keen to move away from home to gain some independence, I didn't want to be too far away and so chose a university about 2 hours from my hometown. All... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: I Don't Feel Settled At College

Attention: Zooey Says We're All Getting Bobs Now

By Janet ManleyFebruary 26, 2013
Listen up. manic pixie dream girls! There is a memo just in from the boss: bangs and long tresses are out, bobs are in. Like Zooey Deschanel, you are no doubt tiring of dying your hair dark brown every two weeks when your roots grow... More  →
Attention: Zooey Says We're All Getting Bobs Now

I Will Blink When the Weeping Angels Come

By Dan_BergsteinFebruary 26, 2013
"Blink” is one of the best episode of not only Doctor Who, but of all modern TV. Even if you’re just a mild Who fan (such as myself) you will fall in love with this creepy episode. And non-fans can jump in and enjoy this... More  →
I Will Blink When the Weeping Angels Come

15 Things To Do With Your Oscar

By ElodieFebruary 26, 2013
So you're an Oscar winner. (If you actually are, I hope you found your way here by Googling "what to do with my Oscar now that I've won," because that would be amazing.) Anyhow, I first want to offer my congratulations! You triumphed. You worked... More  →
15 Things To Do With Your Oscar

Why Education has Failed Us

By AradanFebruary 26, 2013
I admit, I  put up a pretty harsh title. But believe me, I did not pull it out of nowhere. I've recently been analyzing different education systems for a school project, and I have concluded that the american school system (under which I am currently... More  →