Skip over navigation

Open Thread for January 1

By SparkLifeJanuary 1, 2012
HAPPY NEW YEAR, Sparklerinos!!!!!!!!! May your 2012 be full of straight As, plentiful Dr. Who marathons, and all the cheese your heart desires! ... More  →
Open Thread for January 1

Open Thread for December 31

By SparkLifeDecember 31, 2011
Letter from a wayward Sparkler: I haven't exactly been on SparkNotes in, oh I don't know, two months. WAIT! PUT THAT TABLE DOWN! I'm making it up by sending in a wonderful picture of a Portal Christmas tree...after Christmas. HAPPY CHRISMUKWANEWYEAR!!! Love, InsaneRunningKid... More  →
Open Thread for December 31

Auntie SparkNotes: The DTR Do-Over

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 30, 2011
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, Reading your advice about DTR made me finally gather the courage to ask for help from the professional. I feel like I'm in a similar situation as LW discussed, but the problem is I've already tried talking to the guy I'm... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The DTR Do-Over

What Are You (And Me!) Wearing New Year's Eve?

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 30, 2011
There's no time to waste, y'all, and so I'll get right to the point: There are a mere 24 hours left until the New Year. There are places to go, party hats to wear, noisemakers to noisemake, and... uh, balls to drop. And I have no idea... More  →
What Are You (And Me!) Wearing New Year's Eve?

Things We're Going to Do Before We're 20 (And You Should Too!)

By ContributorDecember 30, 2011

Need some goals for the new year? Shadow_of_Belladonna's got your list! –Sparkitors

My awesome friends GeekyGirl325, PillowsandSocks, TeamSpikeTheBloody and I worked together to create this list and promised to complete EVERY ITEM on it before we’re 20. And we think you should,... More  →
Things We're Going to Do Before We're 20 (And You Should Too!)

Get Old Hollywood Pin Curls!

By Emily WinterDecember 30, 2011

Our resident hair vlogger Alexis DOES IT UP just in time for New Year's Eve! We may be stealing this look for the big night...

Loading the player ... jwplayer("hairvid").setup({ flashplayer: 'http://img.sparknotes.com/jwplayer/56/player.swf', skin: 'http://img.sparknotes.com/jwplayer/glow.zip', ... More  →
Get Old Hollywood Pin Curls!

A Mankler's Guide to Driving A Junker

Shwankfelder is here to share some hilarious tips on lending your run-down ride some serious swagger.—Sparkitors Having recently gotten my driver's license, I was faced with a major dilemma that many of us will experience: choosing "The First Car."... More  →
A Mankler's Guide to Driving A Junker

I Just Wanna Burst Out And Sing When Listening To These Jams

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 30, 2011
Boogiegirl sent us in this playlist, and yes, it makes us want to dance. Maybe even boogie! But don't tell anyone we said that, because we are well-known bad dancers. 1. "Daylight" by Matt & Kim 2. "Banana Pancakes" by Jack... More  →
I Just Wanna Burst Out And Sing When Listening To These Jams

A Guide to the Pit Orchestra

LadyLuckytheFlutie is here to tell you the peaks and pits (ha!) of being in the orchestra! —Sparkitors It's that time of year again: the school musical season. You enjoy music, but you don't like singing, are scared of auditioning, and... More  →
A Guide to the Pit Orchestra

The Worst Hiding Spots for Hide and Seek

By Lauren PassellDecember 30, 2011
So you want to play some hide and seek! That's sort of weird. Are you a babysitter or something? Oh well, no matter. Whether you're about to compete in a mean game of H&S, or you're just a H&S enthusiast scouring the web for articles... More  →
The Worst Hiding Spots for Hide and Seek