Search Menu
Menu

25 Horrible Ways to Say I Love You

By RG DanielsAugust 7, 2013
When the time feels right to say those 3 magic words to your S.O., there are PLENTY of ways to botch it. In all honesty, less is more. The simpler the better. In case you find yourself struggling to find the right... More  →
25 Horrible Ways to Say I Love You

Open Thread for August 7

By SparkLifeAugust 7, 2013
"Hey! This is wallflower19. I haven't been on the OT recently, but I remember promising new OT pictures last time I showed up. I went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter a couple weeks ago, and I figured my pictures were worth... More  →
Open Thread for August 7

Auntie SparkNotes: How Do I Explain My Abstinence Ring?

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 6, 2013
Hey Auntie! So, I wear an abstinence ring. It's really pretty and fairly unobtrusive and my parents and I think it's great. My dad's a minister and my mom's a worrywart, but I was the one who got the ring and then told them. They were... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: How Do I Explain My Abstinence Ring?

Writer Wars Winner: "The Last Breaths of Boys" by MyHair'sOnFire!

By reidfaylorAugust 6, 2013
Congratulations to MyHair'sOnFire, whose haunting tale of a soldier's slow, agonizing death aboard a sinking submarine took top honors in last week's Writer Wars! Her tale is the kind that stays with you long after you've finished reading, and it reminded me of  the piec More  →
Writer Wars Winner: "The Last Breaths of Boys" by MyHair'sOnFire!

7 TV Shows That Should Feature This Teen-Girl Guitar Star

By Rebecca Jane StokesAugust 6, 2013
The best thing about this video of 14-year old rocker Tina S. going to town on some souped-up Vivaldi is...ALL OF THE PARTS. Check it out: From the very thorough shredding, to her "whatever, I am basically napping" expression, every frame is amazing, and... More  →
7 TV Shows That Should Feature This Teen-Girl Guitar Star

Writer Wars: UNDER THE SEA (*Please Read Title in Your Best Jamaican Crab Accent)

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 6, 2013
Now that THIS SONG is playing on an interminable loop in your head, let's talk about last week's stunning submarine-themed submissions, which left me breathless in the best way possible. (Side note: Did you know that Sebastian's full name is Horatio Thelonious Ignac More  →
Writer Wars: UNDER THE SEA (*Please Read Title in Your Best Jamaican Crab Accent)

For Ages 9+: Board Games Bracket, Round 3

By Kathryn_WilliamsAugust 6, 2013
Do not pick a card, do not roll the dice, do not pass GO, do not collect $200, do not make a guess, do not turn over the little hourglass timer thing, do not draw dragon-snot-mail, do not shuffle, do not pick a color, do not send someone back to START, and don't even think More  →
For Ages 9+: Board Games Bracket, Round 3

Sparkitors Josh and Emma G-Chat About the 12th Doctor

By Josh PeriloAugust 6, 2013
Our Sparkitors, Josh and Emma, recently discussed the BBC's announcement of Peter Capaldi as the 12th Doctor over G-Chat. They both had a LOT to say! One of them may watch the show a tad less than the other... we don't want to judge, though. Joshua... More  →
Sparkitors Josh and Emma G-Chat About the 12th Doctor

Goodbye, Cheesy Tampon Ads; Hello, Camp Gyno

By Melissa AlbertAugust 6, 2013
For years and years (and years), we've endured pad and tampon ads featuring healthy, smiling women having the time of their lives. Drinking lemonade! Spiking a volleyball! Eating salad in white pants! But also hiding the fact that they have their period, because... More  →
Goodbye, Cheesy Tampon Ads; Hello, Camp Gyno