Skip over navigation

Open Thread for July 13

By SparkLifeJuly 13, 2012
It's Friday the 13th! You better run away fast, or you'll get clobbered by falling pianos...or something. ... More  →
Open Thread for July 13

What Do You Think of the New "Prom Queens" TV Show?

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJuly 12, 2012
Because what television really needs is more reality TV shows, Lifetime is about to begin broadcasting a new series: Prom Queens. And in case you weren't sure what this hard-hitting show is going to document, Lifetime says the show will "document the great social, financial and... More  →
What Do You Think of the New "Prom Queens" TV Show?

Five Scary, Sad, and Stunning Short Stories

By EmmaJuly 12, 2012
The fiction contest is in full swing, and we've got some doozies for you today. Click through for your dose of dark, charming, super short stories! More  →
Five Scary, Sad, and Stunning Short Stories

What Would Lizzie Bennet Wear on the Red Carpet?

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJuly 12, 2012
Lizzie Bennet is spunky, sassy, witty, and pretty. She's basically our hero! The only problem with having a literary character as your hero? It's a little bit hard to emulate their fashion choices. But never fear, Sparklers! We've collected a sampling of some red carpet styl More  →
What Would Lizzie Bennet Wear on the Red Carpet?

VIDEO: Geek Movie Reviews!

By Vadim NewquistJuly 12, 2012
In this brand new MindHut video series, watch This Guy as he sifts through the world of wide-release movies in order to bring you their true value—not in stars, points, or even thumbs—but in the most relevant scale imaginable: their Geek Factor!... More  →
VIDEO: Geek Movie Reviews!

Celeb Style at the ESPYs!

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 12, 2012
Anyone who can tell me what "ESPY" actually stands for. I tried guessing ("Extra Special Pony Yodeling," perhaps?) but then I realized that I only know two words that begin with the letter "Y" (the other is "yogurt") and I gave up. But just because I have the vocabulary of a More  →
Celeb Style at the ESPYs!

In Defense of Things That Get a Bad Rap

By ContributorJuly 12, 2012
We're all familiar with those things that are pretty much universally disliked: the gum that gets stuck on the bottom of your shoe; any girl that dates Ryan Gosling; people with super-high metabolisms who can eat whatever they want without gaining a pound. ... More  →
In Defense of Things That Get a Bad Rap

BOOK REVIEW: Partials by Dan Wells

By Swapna KrishnaJuly 12, 2012
The year is 2076 and there are less than 50,000 humans left on the planet Earth. The human race is a dying species; RM, the disease that the Partials engineered to wipe out humanity, has ensured that. Yes, we created the Partials to fight for... More  →
BOOK REVIEW: Partials by Dan Wells

Why The Perks of Being a Wallflower is Going to be Amazing

By ContributorJuly 12, 2012

While casually waiting for a new movie to start, I became instantly attracted to the trailer for POBAW. It wasn't just the fact that Logan Lerman was cast as the lead loner (highly unlikely in my opinion), but the... More  →

Why The Perks of Being a Wallflower is Going to be Amazing

See What Jenny Looked Like in High School!

By EmmaJuly 12, 2012
Today's slideshow contains 1) grammar rants, 2) your favorite supermodel/intern, and 3) your favorite supermodel/intern at a high school costume party. Let's get to it! More  →
See What Jenny Looked Like in High School!