Skip over navigation

My Confidence...Gown?

By ContributorMarch 23, 2012
onedayyouwill had to stand up and speak in front of everyone at her school—can you imagine anything scarier?—Sparkitors I was possibly the first senior in high school in history who was NOT looking forward to their graduation.... More  →
My Confidence...Gown?

The Most Disgusting Easter Candy, Ever

By Josh PeriloMarch 23, 2012
Let’s face it, Easter candy is not what it used to be. Or maybe it is, and we’ve just outgrown the annual, marshmallow and chocolate fueled sugar high. While there are some relatively disappointing candies out there, we at SparkLife have managed to... More  →
The Most Disgusting Easter Candy, Ever

DID YOU SEE IT?! DID YOU SEE THE HUNGER GAMES?!?

By Chelsea DaggerMarch 23, 2012
If you haven't seen The Hunger Games yet, THEN SLOWLY BACK AWAY AND RETURN TO YOUR ROOM FOR SOME QUIET CRYING. This post exists for those lucky few who HAVE seen the... More  →
DID YOU SEE IT?! DID YOU SEE THE HUNGER GAMES?!?

Prom Themes for Bookworms and Geeks

By ElodieMarch 23, 2012
Most schools recycle the same prom themes that every other high school in America has already used at least nineteen times. I recently asked my friend what ours was, but she couldn't remember if it had been "New York Night Life" or something jungle-themed—two ideas... More  →
Prom Themes for Bookworms and Geeks

What You Need to Help You Be a Better Writer

By Josh PeriloMarch 23, 2012
Through the ages, writing has been the one craft and trade for which you didn’t need a whole lot of equipment to create a masterpiece. God help you if you wanted to be a bricklayer, shoe cobbler, or raccoon beautician. The supplies alone... More  →
What You Need to Help You Be a Better Writer

Open Thread for March 23

By SparkLifeMarch 23, 2012
soccer2ruless<333 took this picture while she was in Boston for the weekend. How did you know we're secretly dying to go to Boston? Jealous face.... More  →
Open Thread for March 23

Big Girls Need Prom Dates, Too

By ContributorMarch 22, 2012
Since we last spoke (or rather, since I last typed and you read), I was on a journey to make my one and only prom night unforgettable. As cliched as this goal is, my quest is a tad... More  →
Big Girls Need Prom Dates, Too

Why Your Spring Break Is Overrated

By SissyMarch 22, 2012
Before you go on spring break, you have all kinds of ideas and expectations. You think this will finally be the year you don’t have to share a bed with your brother. WRONG. You think your parents will let you have a little fun and... More  →
Why Your Spring Break Is Overrated

Check Out Apneet's $1 Fashion Steals

By ApneetMarch 22, 2012
The Salvation Army in Chelsea has a massive sweater sale going on this week: all stock is up for grabs for $2. And on Wednesday, when I stopped in, everything was half off! I snagged a couple of knits for a dollar a piece. With... More  →
Check Out Apneet's $1 Fashion Steals

Auntie SparkNotes: Fueling the Creepmobile

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 22, 2012
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, About a month ago I met this guy (Lets call him Alex) in my chemistry class. Since I didn't really know anyone in that class, we would talk a little but I didn't know/talk to him outside of the class. The week after... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Fueling the Creepmobile