Search Menu
Menu

Signs Your Friend Is a Fake Nerd

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMay 31, 2013
Being a nerd is all too cool now—so cool that everybody wants to be one. Okay, maybe not everybody, but everybody with a brain, at least. So how do you tell who's a real nerd and who's... More  →
Signs Your Friend Is a Fake Nerd

What's Your Literary Pen Name?

By Lauren PassellMay 31, 2013
Writers don't have time to come up with really great pseudonyms, being far too busy oiling their typewriters and smoking their fancy pipes (or, you know, writing). Plus, there are already so many great pen names out there—why reinvent the wheel? If you're in the market... More  →
What's Your Literary Pen Name?

The Boy Band Bracket that Would Make Tiger Beat Proud

By Kathryn_WilliamsMay 31, 2013
No, this is not a bracket to decide Taylor Swift's next boyfriend. It's a long-overdue BOY BAND BRACKET (insert fainting spell here). And, yes, it was hard to fit all of that amazing hair in tiny little bracket thumbnails. Thank you for admiring my skill. Vote in the comment More  →
The Boy Band Bracket that Would Make Tiger Beat Proud

Open Thread for May 31

By SparkLifeMay 31, 2013
"I would just like to say how much I LOVE Sparknotes, to contribute I would like to send this picture of Fawkes, the phoenix from Harry Potter. I painted it for my art class and thought i would like to share it with my fellow... More  →
Open Thread for May 31

Auntie SparkNotes: My Ex Is Using Me

By kat_rosenfieldMay 30, 2013
Dearest Auntie, I dated this guy who we'll call Tommy, for a really long time and I fell in love with him and he claimed to have fell in love with me as well. We broke up almost a year ago and my feelings for him have... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: My Ex Is Using Me

Why, Hollywood?: Grumpy Cat Gets Her Own Movie

By Melissa AlbertMay 30, 2013
Have you heard? Grumpy Cat just landed a movie deal! Yes, the cat with a facial expression that makes him look constantly cranky will soon join the ranks of such silver screen greats as Audrey Hepburn, Tom Hanks, and Alvin the Chipmunk. Instead... More  →
Why, Hollywood?: Grumpy Cat Gets Her Own Movie

Really Bad Fake Teen Novel Synopses

By Sara JonssonMay 30, 2013
Next time you're in a Safeway or a Walgreens, go to the cards aisle where they also have "books," and pick out the one with the worst title and cover you've ever seen. YES you should totally judge a book by its ... More  →
Really Bad Fake Teen Novel Synopses

Our Dream SYTYCD Routines

By Jinx LeeMay 30, 2013
It's that oh-so-wonderful time of year when So You Think You Can Dance is back and all is right in the world! Season 10 is well underway with some already-exciting auditionsmind-blowing animators, adorable toddlers and JESSE TYLER FERGUSON (who basically... More  →
Our Dream SYTYCD Routines

How to Work Superhero Catchphrases into Your Everyday Life

By Melissa AlbertMay 30, 2013
Working superhero catch phrases into your daily life is mostly about attitude. You can't just get off the bus like a regular old chump. You have to yell, "Looks like this is my stop!" before careening out of there like a rogue Batman (1960s Batman,... More  →
How to Work Superhero Catchphrases into Your Everyday Life