Search Menu
Menu

Open Thread for July 4

By SparkLifeJuly 4, 2013
Happy Fourth of July! Submit your contributions to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for July 4

Auntie SparkNotes: My Boyfriend And I Can't Stop Fighting About Religion

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 3, 2013
Hi Auntie, I'm in a bit of a tricky spot with my boyfriend right now (we'll call him Chris). Chris used to be part of the Mormon church, and a few months ago, he did some research and found that he was being lied to. Needless... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: My Boyfriend And I Can't Stop Fighting About Religion

What Do Your Summer Shoes Say About You?

By Bo LarkinJuly 3, 2013
Stop! Drop the plush armadillo sandals and step away from yourself. Now think about the unbelievably important decision you're making right now. It’s summer, and choosing a pair of kicks involves more than just deciding which ones happen to look best under the flickering... More  →
What Do Your Summer Shoes Say About You?

Gym Teachers Wears the Same Outfit in His Yearbook Photo for 40 Years

By Valerie BurnJuly 3, 2013
File under: Teachers Who Are Doing it Right. For literally 40 years, gym teacher Dale Irby wore the same exact outfit in his yearbook photo. As you know, gym teachers typically wear sweat pants and/or gym shorts and some sort of tee-shirt every day. Legend has... More  →
Gym Teachers Wears the Same Outfit in His Yearbook Photo for 40 Years

Artist Creates Barbie with Average Measurements, We Approve

By Valerie BurnJuly 3, 2013
The same artist who told us we would all look like Pixar characters someday has now created a Barbie doll using the average measurements of a 19-year-old women. Average Barbie (Arbie?) is shorter and thicker than regular ol' Barbie. Granted, Arbie retains the same... More  →
Artist Creates Barbie with Average Measurements, We Approve

`MURICA! The Future of Star-Spangled Awesomeness

By Dave ArgentarJuly 3, 2013
When T-Jeff wrote the Declaration of Independence, he likely didn't envision that Americans’ “pursuit of happiness” would include putting a burger in the middle of a donut, deep-frying anything that isn't nailed down, and painting presidents riding grizzly bears... More  →
`MURICA! The Future of Star-Spangled Awesomeness

What Does Your Bookmark Say About You?

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJuly 3, 2013
If you're reading this post, there's an approximately 87.5% chance you like to read, and a 96.2% that you've read at least one book in your entire life. However often you read, though, you're probably familiar with the struggle of deciding how to mark your... More  →
What Does Your Bookmark Say About You?

8 Reasons You Should All Be Watching Orphan Black

By ElodieJuly 3, 2013
Orphan Black is the newest and greatest and most addicting sci-fi show you’ve never heard of. The show takes off running when Sarah Manning, played by Tatiana Maslany, witnesses the suicide of a woman who looks exactly like her. Before you know it,... More  →
8 Reasons You Should All Be Watching Orphan Black