Skip over navigation
Prom

Open Thread for May 21

By SparkLifeMay 21, 2012
sydney8771 took this picture of some freaky rain clouds at the beach in Florida. Anyone else feel a disaster movie coming on?... More  →
Open Thread for May 21

Open Thread for May 20

By SparkLifeMay 20, 2012
sydney8771 sent in this picture of delicious, awesome, beautiful looking chocolate. What was that? No, of COURSE we're not drooling. But seriously, 129 awesome points to anyone who sends us some chocolate, like, now.Send in your pics to contribute@sparknotes.com if you'd... More  →
Open Thread for May 20

Open Thread for May 19

By SparkLifeMay 19, 2012
IBfreefromhomework sent us this lovely picture of her friend's thank-you note to SparkNotes. You know we can't resist flattery!... More  →
Open Thread for May 19

A Guide to Surviving Senior Year

By ContributorMay 18, 2012
As I'm nearing the end of my senior year, I can't help but reminisce on this last year and the moments of craze I’ve endured.  After having quite a few random outbursts in class, remembering yet another missed assignment or deadline (in which everyone... More  →
A Guide to Surviving Senior Year

How to Get Your Dream Job

By Kathryn_WilliamsMay 18, 2012
It's Jobs Week here at SparkLife (TGIF, 'miright?), so like all good employees, I decided to shunt off my work on someone who actually knows what she's talking about. My friend Laura Dodd wrote a book called Dig This Gig about... More  →
How to Get Your Dream Job

What Did Auntie Do Before She Was Auntie? Find Out!

By kat_rosenfieldMay 18, 2012
My first real job was as a cleaning lady at a doctor's office. Every two weeks I would go over after hours to vacuum, wipe down cabinets and countertops, empty the trash, and dust the computers. I quit when it turned out that being alone, at night, in a deserted office full More  →
What Did Auntie Do Before She Was Auntie? Find Out!

5 Books That Made Us Afraid of Robots

By Swapna KrishnaMay 18, 2012
Robots. According to shows like Star Trek: The Next Generation, they're friendly machines who insist on being called androids, but we know better. We know that robots are evil killing machines that are just waiting to take over the world. One minute, they're our friends,... More  →
5 Books That Made Us Afraid of Robots

Current Events: Romney the Bully; Regulate the Banks

By ContributorMay 18, 2012
Hi everyone! It has been a fun week. There’s more news than I could fit in the full OED, but before I jump in, I have to mention: Obama and gay marriage. I know you have already heard, and I fully support SparkLife’s official... More  →
Current Events: Romney the Bully; Regulate the Banks

Ear Plug: Auto Body

By Michael VerityMay 18, 2012
Born in the hot, muggy bowels of the Austin, Texas underground music scene, Auto Body are electro-rock fusion incarnate, exorcizing the demons of their noisy past in search of the holy grail of body rock and brutal beats. With a war chest of throbbing beats, grinding... More  →
Ear Plug: Auto Body