Search Menu
Menu

More Graduation Speech Techniques to Get the Crowd Laughing

By Anthony DeVitoMay 21, 2013
Giving a graduation speech can be tricky! You want to sound smart, but you also want to get some chuckles. We don’t know how to sound smart, but here are some funny things you can do during a graduation speech: 1. Make some kind of reference... More  →
More Graduation Speech Techniques to Get the Crowd Laughing

How Other Countries Celebrate Graduation

By Sara JonssonMay 21, 2013
It's the end of an era! Graduation means that life as you know it is about to change. We all try to make the transition as painless, fun, and important as possible by throwing parties, giving $25 checks in tacky cards, taking roughly... More  →
How Other Countries Celebrate Graduation

The Best and Worst Excuses for Getting Out of a Party or a Social Situation

By Sean McCarthyMay 21, 2013
We’ve all been at a party when we're tired, or just want to leave and go home or do something else but don’t want to be rude. Here are some examples of the best and worst excuses to get you out of a party or... More  →
The Best and Worst Excuses for Getting Out of a Party or a Social Situation

Open Thread for May 21st

By SparkLifeMay 21, 2013
"This is the adorable Macklin, the newest addition to my family. He's about 8 weeks old and is quite the troublemaker. The little guy already found all of the good hiding spots in our apartment (including under the dishwasher!), and pretty much everything is a... More  →
Open Thread for May 21st

Auntie SparkNotes: My Friend Came Out For Me

By kat_rosenfieldMay 20, 2013
Auntie, This all started three years ago when I made a friend. But is it ever that simple? As I grew as a person, she just sorta remained herself. Okay. However, some extra-odd behavior began a year or so ago, when she told me she loved... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: My Friend Came Out For Me

Celebs at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards!

By Abbey ClarkeMay 20, 2013
Last night was the 2013 Billboard Music awards, which means of course that we have yet another excuse to look at some of the gorgeous looks that our favorite celebs are currently rocking. Not that we need an excuse, but we will take one when it's given! More  →
Celebs at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards!

Got Magic? MERMAID IN CHELSEA CREEK Is the Trilogy Fate Says You Must Read!

By Janet ManleyMay 20, 2013
Are you in need of a good trilogy now that you have devoured The Hunger Games and Twilight? Do you yearn for a bit of magic now that the Harry Potter series is well in the rearview? Then Michelle Tea's new series, "Mermaid in... More  →
Got Magic? MERMAID IN CHELSEA CREEK Is the Trilogy Fate Says You Must Read!

Miss Chelsea Dagger, I Have a Request. (Psst... it's about Writer Wars!)

By pianolover14May 20, 2013
Heidi-Ho, Sparklers! I'm just going to jump right in here. I noticed that a petition started in the Sparkler Post section was successful in bringing back the Friwards! Yay! Now, I think we all are dying for the revival of another beloved lost series.... Writer... More  →

6 Ideas for Broken Jewelry

By Bailey_SwilleyMay 20, 2013
What do you do when your most prized accessories fall apart or break? Make lemonade! Or other things...
 Things You Might Need: Jewelry pliers A Hot glue gun Clear necklace cord

1. Fix it! Sometimes a broken clasp or string is not the end of the world. Pick... More  →
6 Ideas for Broken Jewelry

You Could Win a $1000 Scholarship Just by Writing ONE SENTENCE.

By Chelsea DaggerMay 20, 2013
Yes Sparklers, you read that RIDICULOUSLY GLORIOUS title correctly; thanks to our magnanimous pals at the wonderful DoSomething.org, YOU have the chance to win big-time scholarship monies simply by doing something you're already great at: WRITING. INTRIGUED? We thought you might be. So here... More  →
You Could Win a $1000 Scholarship Just by Writing ONE SENTENCE.