Search Menu
Menu

Spring Breakerbowl 2013

By Laura EtheredgeFebruary 15, 2013
Today, Sparklers, we face the greatest threat to our comfortably predictable existence since Winter Break: it’s Spring Break, and it’s hurtling toward us like a meteor of FUN. Spring Break means playtime—and any game worth playing is a game worth winning (c.f. THE OLYMPICS). Use the... More  →
Spring Breakerbowl 2013

How to Obsess Over a Celebrity (and Do it Right, Jeez)

By ElodieFebruary 15, 2013
So you seem to have developed a new celebrity crush, and you're wondering, quite reasonably, as any sane person would: how can I take this crush and transform it into an all-out obsession? I mean, there's something impressive about being able to rattle off a... More  →
How to Obsess Over a Celebrity (and Do it Right, Jeez)

Sponsored Post: PINK's Spring Break Must-Haves—Chelsea Dagger Picks Her Favorite Bright Bikinis, Flirty Tanks, and More!

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 15, 2013
Okay, not yet—right now, it's the middle of February, and you're probably shivering in your dorm room, daydreaming about spring break. Let me guess: your plans include Joseph Gordon-Levitt parachuting into your 8 AM Philosophy course, boldly declaring his undying love for More  →
Sponsored Post: PINK's Spring Break Must-Haves-Chelsea Dagger Picks Her Favorite Bright Bikinis, Flirty Tanks, and More!

Open Thread for February 15

By SparkLifeFebruary 15, 2013
fullyarnalchemist says, "Here’s a picture of my 100-pound yellow lab, Buddy.  He’s five years old and is basically a giant puppy." Send your pictures to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for February 15

A Proposal to my Christian Sparklers - Join the Fellowship

By WhiteLadyEowynFebruary 14, 2013

Hey there, my fellow geeky brothers and sisters in Christ! So lately I've been noticing how many Christians there are on Sparklife (I know there are a lot of non-Christians too, but trust me, I'm not trying to be exclusive) and I got to thinking, "hey

... More  →

6 Reasons Alden Ehrenreich Is Your Future Husband

By EmmaFebruary 14, 2013
You know why Alden Ehrenreich is destined to be your husband? No, not because of his razor-sharp jawline and piercing eyes—stop being so shallow, gosh. It's because just like you, he is a proud nerd who reads three books at once! And that's just the... More  →
6 Reasons Alden Ehrenreich Is Your Future Husband

The Best and Worst Valentine's Day Candy

By ShivaniFebruary 14, 2013
If there’s one good thing about Valentine’s Day, it’s the copious amounts of candy that cover almost every inch of every store. In the name of science and also loneliness and stress, I trooped to the local drugstore for a random sampling of deliciousness. Tomorrow,... More  →
The Best and Worst Valentine's Day Candy

Procrastination: Homeschool Style

By Sappira_BjartskularFebruary 14, 2013

I am a homeschooler. Y'know, those kids that never see the sunlight and when they do, they get all vampiric and hiss.

The sad thing is, that happens to me all the time. Sunlight hurts me.

But that's not the point!

More  →

Check Out Jenny's Valentine's Day Outfit!

By EmmaFebruary 14, 2013
You are wearing a beautifully festive outfit today. Thanks :) This is my pre-Valentine's dress.PRE-Valentine's? Explain! Well, Ben and I aren't going out until tomorrow night, so I have a special outfit for then. But I wanted to look Valentines-y today, too, and I already More  →
Check Out Jenny's Valentine's Day Outfit!

9 Unconven­­­tional Ways To Get Into College

By Lauren PassellFebruary 14, 2013
Some high school kid just built an app as his college application to Stanford. Arg! What a great idea! Hate you! Well, this guy's the one to beat. Here are some thoughts on how to do it. 1. Find out when admissions committee orders pizza... More  →
9 Unconven­­­tional Ways To Get Into College