Skip over navigation

Binary Code 0101001001001111010000110100101101010011 (Rocks)

By ContributorJanuary 18, 2012
JustAnotherUsername definitely wins for most numbers ever used in a SparkLife title. We're just glad all those 0s didn't break the internet.—Sparkitors In case you didn't understand the title, that's the word "rocks" translated into binary code for you. ... More  →
Binary Code 0101001001001111010000110100101101010011 (Rocks)

Quiz: Are You a Geek or a Nerd?

By Lucy HutchinsonJanuary 18, 2012
The Internet is simply bursting with geeks and nerds, who are all bursting with graphs and charts explaining the difference between geeks and nerds. Everyone has an opinion, but you can ignore all of them, because they're wrong. All you need is this quiz. While there's... More  →
Quiz: Are You a Geek or a Nerd?

Long Live the Semicolon: Ana's Geeky Grammar Rules, Part 2!

Annacarmen4376 is back with even more handy tips to keep your writing spic-and-span! (Do people still say "spic-and-span," or is that just us and our moms?)—Sparkitors Since it’s Geek Week, Sparklers, I thought it would be apropos to share with you my most... More  →
Long Live the Semicolon: Ana's Geeky Grammar Rules, Part 2!

Life on a Farm: The Good, the Bad, and the Smelly

We love this article, WolfenWarrior, but we have a feeling you’re holding out on us with the cute animal stories. –Sparkitors Ahh, farm life. Depending on who you are, the term brings to mind either rolling hills, beautiful scenery, and bouncing baby animals, OR... More  →
Life on a Farm: The Good, the Bad, and the Smelly

Auntie SparkNotes: How To Lose Friends and Alienate People

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 18, 2012
Dear Auntie, Like almost everyone else who has written to you, I have a problem. It has to do with one of my best friends, and her self-centeredness. At least, I think it's her self-centeredness. I'm honestly not sure if I'm reading this situation right, which... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: How To Lose Friends and Alienate People

The Books that Came BEFORE Our Favorites: An IB Geek's List of Classics!

IBfreefromhomework would like to direct your attention to the novels that were cool BEFORE novels were cool. She's sort of like a literature hipster.—Sparkitors Once in a while, we read books so brilliant that our nerdy minds are overpowered,... More  →
The Books that Came BEFORE Our Favorites: An IB Geek's List of Classics!

Which Pop Stars Are Moonlighting as Superheroes: An Exposé

By Brandon SpecktorJanuary 18, 2012
The FBI called us crazy. They said we were “wasting time” with theories and that we were “not allowed in this room.” We’re here to tell you that we’re bot the crazy ones. It’s the world that’s gone mad—A world that allows costumed vigilantes to... More  →
Which Pop Stars Are Moonlighting as Superheroes: An Exposé

Open Thread for January 18

By SparkLifeJanuary 18, 2012
This is Niko. We have no idea what Niko's owner's name is, but we know... -She's a Sparkler. -Her little monster is the cutest. -The world needs more Nikos. ... More  →
Open Thread for January 18

What Are Your Food Quirks?

By ShivaniJanuary 17, 2012
Happy Geek Week, my nerdy brethren. Before I get on with this week’s deliciousness, I have a question. Does anyone have any weird food quirks? For example, when I have a bag of M&M’s (anything but peanut) I always push two M&M’s together until one cracks.... More  →
What Are Your Food Quirks?

Styled In Shades of Gray

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 17, 2012
When I got dressed this morning, I was seriously feeling the grays. The ground is slushy, the sky is flat and dull, and let's be real, if there weren't a fashion column to write, today's style statement would have consisted of slipper socks, an afghan,... More  →
Styled In Shades of Gray