Skip over navigation

How to Make Your Lifeguard Like You

By ContributorSeptember 26, 2011
All_Is_Mal offers an etiquette guide for next year, while simultaneously torturing us with memories of summer days past.—Sparkitors There’s been a lot of hype on SparkLife about waiters—how you should treat them, how much you should tip them—and while I’m as nice to More  →
How to Make Your Lifeguard Like You

Adding Autumnal Layers to a Summertime Skirt

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 26, 2011
In case you guys missed it, Kathryn did a great slideshow last week on how to keep wearing lightweight summertime dresses even after the weather gets chilly. And I was so inspired by her fab outfits (and so insanely, desperately jealous of her... More  →
Adding Autumnal Layers to a Summertime Skirt

Ask a Teacher: Do You Ever Try to Set Students Up?

By Mr. TocheSeptember 26, 2011
Here's the complete question: Do you ever try to set students up? If not, do you make ideal pairings of students in your head? Not to repeat myself from my last column, but oh HELL no. Really, I'd rather lock myself in a coffin filled... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Do You Ever Try to Set Students Up?

The Subtle Nuances of Girl and Guy Bath Products

By Lucy HutchinsonSeptember 26, 2011
Have you seen that episode of The Simpsons where all the different brands of Duff beer come out of the same tube? That's what we imagine it's like at the Toiletries Factory. We're sure that all those shampoos, body washes, and toothpastes are pretty much... More  →
The Subtle Nuances of Girl and Guy Bath Products

Open Thread for September 26

By SparkLifeSeptember 26, 2011
We don't know if the anonymous Sparkler who sent this hilarious picture in drew it herself, but if so, color us IMPRESSED. There was no explanation for the pic, simply the subject line "Why vampire teachers suck." And that, friends, was explanation enough. ... More  →
Open Thread for September 26

Open Thread for September 25

By SparkLifeSeptember 25, 2011
dac213 says, "I was going to ask Dan to draw a picture of the meeting he described between Sauron, Emperor Palpatine, and Voldemort, but then I decided to draw it myself." dac, you're an MS Paint whiz!... More  →
Open Thread for September 25

Open Thread for September 24

By SparkLifeSeptember 24, 2011
Stupid_Nickel writes: "remember that post i did a while back?  the "day in the life of a hospital patient" one? where i had 2 hot nurses and had to pee every 10 seconds? well this is an x-ray of my mouth that i... More  →
Open Thread for September 24

Auntie SparkNotes: Sister Mary Know-It-All

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 23, 2011
Dear Auntie, So here is my problem - my sister hates me. What's that you say? Too vague? Let me expand on that. I am 14 and my older sister is 20. I feel like now that I am a teenager and have started developing opinions and... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Sister Mary Know-It-All

More SparkLife Academy Classes: Elvish, Exercise, and Shoes

By Kathryn_WilliamsSeptember 23, 2011
You may be distressed that SAND 101 and SARC 352 have already filled up for the quintmester (we have five periods here at SparkLife Academy, to coincide with the atomic number of boron, Principal Megan Prietzel's favorite element and insult). But... More  →
More SparkLife Academy Classes: Elvish, Exercise, and Shoes

Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 5

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 23, 2011
Chapter Thirteen: Mad-Eye Moody Better Title: Not Really Mad-Eye Moody This is difficult. I'm not sure what to do here. On one hand, Mad-Eye Moody is a fantastic character with a deep, mysterious past. He is everything I love about the Harry Potter books. On the other... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 5