Menu

Rippling Pectorals and Heartbroken Hangdogs: A Summertime Guide to Camp Counselors

By kat_rosenfieldMay 28, 2009
Today, we’re exploring the complexities of one of our favorite summer-only social scenes: Sleepaway camp! Unfortunately, my personal camp experience is limited to a single three-week period, during which my parents thought it would be a good idea to ship my then-14-year-old self off to waterski camp.... More  →

Life Lesson: Don't Date Someone You Don't Like

By Laura_WassonMay 28, 2009
Yeah, I know, it seems obvious that you shouldn't date someone you don't like. But when your friends are all pushing you to date someone because they think you two would make the most perfect couple ever, it's hard to say no. Especially if you... More  →

Don't Quote Us On That

By Matt_HunzikerMay 28, 2009

“Ees nice!”

“Ohhh yeahhh!”

“That’s what she said!”

Get enough extroverts (especially male extroverts) together and at some point you’re going to hit a black hole of pop culture quotations. At this point your conversation will be captured by the terrible gravity of

... More  →

The Day Before the Twilight: A Better Vampire Novel We All Passed Up

By ContributorMay 27, 2009
Here at SparkNotes, we've been reading tons of awesome submissions from super Sparklers who can't wait to get on SparkLife! This post by Sparkler colin_loeffler is an interesting reflection on a non-Stephenie Meyer vampire novel (Who knew there was such a thing?). Enjoy!  —SparkNotes Editors. Before... More  →

Chris Listens: Life, Love, Bathtubs, and Sandwiches

By Chris_DikenMay 27, 2009
Welcome back to Chris Listens. It’s been a week since this column debuted, and the response has been overwhelming. (Who knew that you can put a question mark at the end of almost any sentence?) Your excellent inquiries ran the gamut from superficially insightful to... More  →

Senior Class Fight Club?

By Emily WinterMay 27, 2009
A giant, secret crush? Check. AC/DC? Check. Fight scene? Check. This episode of Senior Class Cougars might be my favorite so far... But I do have one question: Where is Quasi's fictional date from? I cannot understand that word to save my life. Will someone watch this episode and... More  →

Tiffany Totally Watches Classic Movies

By kat_rosenfieldMay 27, 2009
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii! Huh? Hiiiiiiiiiiiii! It’s me, y’all! Tiffany Thongbiscuit in the HIZZ-OUSE! Ok, so, like OHMAHGAWD. Do you know what season it is? PROM SEASON! Oh my gaaaaahhhhd! I thought it would NEVER GET HERE, and now that it’s here, I am SO! Flippin! Excited! I had to... More  →

Blogging Twilight: Part 7

By Dan_BergsteinMay 27, 2009
SparkLife contributor Dan Bergstein is reading Twilight and blogging about it. Catch up on the first installments: Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. A few thoughts before we begin: A couple hundred pages... More  →
Blogging Twilight: Part 7

Drive Everyone Completely Insane Mix

By Matt_HunzikerMay 27, 2009

In the past, we at Sparklife’s Tactical Music Division have explained how to enhance your study experience using music to help you stay on track or even to feed you the answers. Today we build on that knowledge by asking

... More  →

SparkLife Summer Preview

By Dan_BergsteinMay 26, 2009
Some assume our commitment to helping students ends with the school year. But those people are wrong…and probably liars. Throughout vacation season, we will continue to inform and entertain, but our focus will veer towards summer instead of school. In fact, we've already created... More  →