Menu

Facebook: The Movie?

By Katie_RolnickJuly 6, 2009
There are plenty of awesome movies based on true stories: the classics "Rudy" and "Into the Wild" come readily to mind, and there are many, many more. But even in the money machine creative paradise known as Hollywood, not every... More  →

The...This Is So Awkward...Um...Friday Awards

By Emily WinterJuly 3, 2009
Happy Friday, Sparklers! Or...maybe not, because the theme of the week is awkward. Feeling awkward about acknowledging your awkwardness? That's OK, I'll go first: Me: I think we should do a joke about Sparklers and the 4th of July. Editor: Huh? Me: Because, you know, "sparklers"?!?! Like...um...Sparklers play with sparklers?... More  →

Cell Phones in the Movie Theater, Grrrr!

By Katie_RolnickJuly 3, 2009
You've just settled in and the lights have dimmed. You've got your Sour Patch Kids, a giant soda—and an empty wallet. But that's okay, cause going to the movies is an experience, and you can't put a price on that. But then, just as... More  →

We Heart The Eighties Movies

By Kathryn_WilliamsJuly 3, 2009
There was so much love shown for The Princess Bride in the comments on our SAS post about daisy chains last week, it got us thinking about our favorite '80s movies—the best thing to come out of that decade other than legwarmers. (Thank you,... More  →

Cute Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterJuly 3, 2009
I know, I know: Puppy overload! Too much cute to write about, right? That's why we're just asking for captions for the passive pup, the removed onlooker. What is s/he thinking? Leave your hilarious/adorable/ridiculous caption in the comments. Thanks to Sparkler cemmers for the... More  →

Find Your Inner GrillMaster

By Jeff_AlexanderJuly 3, 2009
This time of year is all about cookouts. But what if you're not being invited to as many of them as you'd like? Well, SparkNotes can tell you the secret of getting invited to every barbecue in town. It's really simple: Become the one thing... More  →

Your Parents Are Full of It

By Joe_LynchJuly 3, 2009
According to our parents, our generation is lazy and entitled, whereas their generation grew up with a healthy respect for authority and a Brady Bunch-like tendency to smile 24/7. Oh, and our minds are slowly being ruined by the internet, "Family Guy," and iPods. Was their... More  →

A Guide To Other Vampire Movies

By Matt_HunzikerJuly 3, 2009

Here at Sparklife, we’re certainly no strangers to vampires, whether they’re gracing the pages of novels, starring in upcoming movies, or getting run down by New York taxis.

For those of you who can't get enough of the

... More  →

Chris Listens: Brothers, Bulimia, South Africans, and Soccer

By Chris_DikenJuly 2, 2009
Hello again, my answer-seeking amigos. Family-related questions have been streaming in recently, and this week, brothers are the hot topic. Being a brother myself, I feel compelled to share a brother’s perspective. Maybe next time we can delve into the mysteries of sisters. In the... More  →

Blogging Twilight: Part 22

By Dan_BergsteinJuly 2, 2009
SparkLife contributor Dan Bergstein is reading Twilight and blogging about it. Catch up on the first installments here. Chapter Twenty-Four Bella wakes up in a hospital room with her hands connected to tubes. Edward is in the room with her. She quickly apologizes for everything.... More  →
Blogging Twilight: Part 22