Search Menu
Menu

Dating a Health Nut

By Matt_HunzikerMay 29, 2009

I'm dating a health nut. Sounds like a good idea, right? Fitness freaks are probably in excellent shape and likely to stay that way well past 17 (a big boost for long-term relationship candidates), and they’re usually happier and more mentally keen.

More  →

Amusement Parks: What's Fun, What's Done

By Joe_LynchMay 29, 2009
There are plenty of things you did as a kid that (hopefully) you don’t do now—eating a worm for a dime, trying to marry your cat or dog, reading past Goosebumps #40, etc. Obviously, you’ve moved on to bigger and better things—eating a worm for... More  →

It's...It's...It's a NERD?!

By ContributorMay 29, 2009
The following post comes from super Sparkler BraedenP, a real reader who takes a closer look at one of high school's oldest social labels. Enjoy!  —SparkNotes Editors There it is—sitting in the pitch-black basement at 4 am, thick Harry Potter glasses covering up the freckles, its... More  →

Blogging Twilight: Part 8

By Dan_BergsteinMay 28, 2009
SparkLife contributor Dan Bergstein is reading Twilight and blogging about it. Catch up on the first installments: Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7. Chapter Ten Bella wakes up and worries... More  →
Blogging Twilight: Part 8

The Last Day of School: Do's and Don'ts

By Dan_BergsteinMay 28, 2009
School is winding down; you can almost taste the freedom. If you haven't already, it's time to start thinking about the epic last day. Luckily, we've developed a handy guide for those who wish to get maximum enjoyment from the most wonderful day of the... More  →

Pre-Test De-Stress for Those Final Finals

By Jeff_AlexanderMay 28, 2009
If you aren't done with school yet, you probably have some tests left this year, and they're most likely the really big ones. Let us at SparkNotes share a few tips for getting through these last stressful days. The Underwear Fantasy. The clichéd advice about imagining your audience... More  →

Rippling Pectorals and Heartbroken Hangdogs: A Summertime Guide to Camp Counselors

By kat_rosenfieldMay 28, 2009
Today, we’re exploring the complexities of one of our favorite summer-only social scenes: Sleepaway camp! Unfortunately, my personal camp experience is limited to a single three-week period, during which my parents thought it would be a good idea to ship my then-14-year-old self off to waterski camp.... More  →

Life Lesson: Don't Date Someone You Don't Like

By Laura_WassonMay 28, 2009
Yeah, I know, it seems obvious that you shouldn't date someone you don't like. But when your friends are all pushing you to date someone because they think you two would make the most perfect couple ever, it's hard to say no. Especially if you... More  →

Don't Quote Us On That

By Matt_HunzikerMay 28, 2009

“Ees nice!”

“Ohhh yeahhh!”

“That’s what she said!”

Get enough extroverts (especially male extroverts) together and at some point you’re going to hit a black hole of pop culture quotations. At this point your conversation will be captured by the terrible gravity of

... More  →

The Day Before the Twilight: A Better Vampire Novel We All Passed Up

By ContributorMay 27, 2009
Here at SparkNotes, we've been reading tons of awesome submissions from super Sparklers who can't wait to get on SparkLife! This post by Sparkler colin_loeffler is an interesting reflection on a non-Stephenie Meyer vampire novel (Who knew there was such a thing?). Enjoy!  —SparkNotes Editors. Before... More  →