Search Menu
Menu

Application Essay: Booty Talk

By Miss MarmDecember 8, 2010
Since reading this essay a few weeks ago, I've thought about it a lot. That might be because Fiona is my soul sister (like her, I'm a nerdy feminist Hot 97 addict who feels kind of guilty about listening to misogynist... More  →
Application Essay: Booty Talk

SparkNotes Movie Club Presents: A Christmas Story

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 8, 2010
You know it. You love it. You’ve seen it 2,000 times. It's A Christmas Story, and this month, we're going to figure out why it's one of the best holiday films of all time. You have from now until Christmas to watch it... More  →
SparkNotes Movie Club Presents: A Christmas Story

What NOT To Do When Meeting The Love Of Your Life

By ContributorDecember 8, 2010
maddiroxox met the guy of her dreams—but she didn't exactly make the best first impression.—Sparkitors Let me set the scene for you: I was standing in line at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, waiting for my third go-round... More  →

The Best Christmas Movie Characters of All Time

DontWorryBeHappy:) is a holiday movie buff, and we're sure you're going to love her movie selections!—Sparkitors Tis the season of Christmas movies, Sparklers! Everyone's got a favorite holiday film; whether you love to laugh while watching Elf or sob into a balled-up Kleenex when Mrs.... More  →
The Best Christmas Movie Characters of All Time

The Pros and Cons of Having a Photographic Memory

maximumrandomness, you are the British Mankler who saw too much. –Sparkitors First off, I’d like to clarify one thing: having a photographic memory does not mean that when I blink, a little “click” sound comes from my head. Nor does it mean that I... More  →
The Pros and Cons of Having a Photographic Memory

SparkLife Superlatives

bubbles396 has some questions for you. And by "you," we mean, "allllllll of you." —Sparkitors SparkLife Academy wouldn’t be complete without a yearbook, right? Right. What comes with a yearbook? Superlatives, that’s what. The ten superlatives below are what I cooked up in... More  →
SparkLife Superlatives

How to Go to a Party Alone

By Lauren PassellDecember 8, 2010
You probably won't make it 'till January without getting asked to a holiday party or two, and while they can be fun, you may have to go to one alone. Don't be scared! This is a great chance to make new friends. Play it cool,... More  →
How to Go to a Party Alone

Auntie SparkNotes: Pessimists, Go Home

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 8, 2010
Haters gonna hate, friends gonna make you feel miserable about your supposedly impending breakup. —Sparkitors Dearest Auntie, As so many letters begin, there’s this boy. He’s completely adorable, remarkably handsome, gentlemanly, empathetic, intelligent, unique, and I must have been a saint in a past life because he... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Pessimists, Go Home

10 Ways to Entertain Yourself When You’re Trapped in the Bathroom

By Melissa AlbertDecember 8, 2010
Sometimes you plan on doing something, but life gets in the way. For instance, let’s say you plan on watching Glee and then writing a Gleecap, but “life” decides that instead you’re going to pull the knob off the bathroom door as you’re attempting... More  →

Phi Beta Dagger

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 8, 2010
Okay, so maybe I intentionally miscounted the votes on last week's Think Tank post, and maybe the majority of you wanted to give George and Fred those 2 million Galleons, but COME ON: look at the smile on Snape. Have you ever seen... More  →