Skip over navigation

Your Parents Are Full of It

By Joe_LynchJuly 3, 2009
According to our parents, our generation is lazy and entitled, whereas their generation grew up with a healthy respect for authority and a Brady Bunch-like tendency to smile 24/7. Oh, and our minds are slowly being ruined by the internet, "Family Guy," and iPods. Was their... More  →

A Guide To Other Vampire Movies

By Matt_HunzikerJuly 3, 2009

Here at Sparklife, we’re certainly no strangers to vampires, whether they’re gracing the pages of novels, starring in upcoming movies, or getting run down by New York taxis.

For those of you who can't get enough of the

... More  →

Chris Listens: Brothers, Bulimia, South Africans, and Soccer

By Chris_DikenJuly 2, 2009
Hello again, my answer-seeking amigos. Family-related questions have been streaming in recently, and this week, brothers are the hot topic. Being a brother myself, I feel compelled to share a brother’s perspective. Maybe next time we can delve into the mysteries of sisters. In the... More  →

Blogging Twilight: Part 22

By Dan_BergsteinJuly 2, 2009
SparkLife contributor Dan Bergstein is reading Twilight and blogging about it. Catch up on the first installments here. Chapter Twenty-Four Bella wakes up in a hospital room with her hands connected to tubes. Edward is in the room with her. She quickly apologizes for everything.... More  →
Blogging Twilight: Part 22

Auntie SparkNotes: "Anyone You Can Like I Can Like Better!"

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 2, 2009
This week's letter-writer has a serious frenemy:

Every single guy that I like or say likes me, my best friend suddenly seems to like them too right after they declare their likeness for ME!

For example: Right now she's dating...we'll call him... More  →

The SparkNotes Traffic Game

By Dan_BergsteinJuly 2, 2009
Whether you're leaving a concert, heading to a baseball game, or just trying to get to the beach on Friday, chances are good that at some point during the summer, you will get stuck in traffic. When this happens, you have three options: Try to... More  →

Summer Movies that Shine (No Sunscreen Required)

By ContributorJuly 2, 2009
We've got a long weekend ahead of us, Sparklers, so why not spend a few hours (or, ahem, days) at the movies? Sparkler hootie08 makes some summer picks in this post! —SparkNotes Editors Summer is finally in full swing: School is out, people are flocking to... More  →

Fly Me to the Moon, Snoop

By Katie_RolnickJuly 2, 2009
Forty years ago this month, Buzz Aldrin was among the astronauts who landed on the moon. To commemorate that amazing event, Aldrin has released a hip-hop track. Yup, that's right: "Rocket Experience" features the musical/rap stylings of none other than Buzz... More  →

Chorus Nerds, A/V Dorks, and Other Cool Kids

By Jeff_AlexanderJuly 2, 2009
The TV series Glee hasn't officially premiered yet, but we're sure it will be a huge hit. The show is set in an Ohio high school and features glee club kidsMore  →

Girls of Rock, We Salute You

By Joe_LynchJuly 2, 2009
An inordinate number of this summer’s catchiest songs are coming from New York-based bands fronted by stylishly detached women. Their singing brings to mind the cool clarity of Blondie’s Debbie Harry, and their styles have a 21st century "been-there, done-that" attitude. We’re talking punchy guitar... More  →