Search Menu
Menu

Open Thread for October 26

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 26, 2010
muffinsarejustbetter sent us these stunningly gorgeous photographs along with the understatement of the century: So I take pictures of random butterflies. Then they turn out pretty well. UH, YEAH. If by "pretty well," you mean "NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC QUALITY," then you are exactly... More  →

Auntie SparkNotes: The Discreet Art of Wingmanitude

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 25, 2010
Love is like a bowl of pasta and cheese. Auntie says so. —Sparkitors Dear Auntie Sparknotes, My friend and I have an issue that we have been trying to solve, but now realize we need professional help. My friend, we'll call her Sassy, wants to meet this... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Discreet Art of Wingmanitude

The Friday Awards: Monday Edition

By ContributorOctober 25, 2010
HAGS sent us The Friday Awards at 7:30 p.m. on Friday. We were already out salsa dancing! —Sparkitors Why hello there! You have found your way to last week’s Friday Awards! This week, the obsession of this Sparklewarder (other than YouTube and SparkLife, of course) has been... More  →
The Friday Awards: Monday Edition

My Crush is the Leading Man in a Musical

We're right there with ya, minuet_in_g; back in the day, we used to drool over Captain Von Trapp. And by "back in the day," we mean "last week." —Sparkitors I was first... More  →

What It's Like To Live In...Kansas City

We'd come just for the barbeque sauce, Aundrea, but everything else sounds great, too. —Sparkitors I recently read a post about living in St. Louis, and you know what I... More  →

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 25, 2010
It should go without saying that this is our favorite picture ever, but just in case there was any doubt: THIS IS OUR FAVORITE PICTURE EVER. And can you argue? Kristin's photo of her... More  →

The Pros and Cons of Attending an Art School

Rainbow-colored hair, show tunes, and GIANT SPORKS?! snazztastic_sauce, where do we sign up? –Sparkitors I go to a school that serves up piping hot, fresh, crispy creativity all day long. We dance down the hallways, sing show tunes at the top of our... More  →
The Pros and Cons of Attending an Art School

Top 12 Most Underrated Movies of the Last 12 Years

Great list, Kamurphy1218! Although only time will tell if #2 results in a comments-based Inception Fight.—Sparkitors 1) Girl, Interrupted (1999) So worth watching, if only to see Angelina Jolie at her scariest (or at least at her blondiest). A... More  →
Top 12 Most Underrated Movies of the Last 12 Years

The Benefits of Being Homeschooled

Thanks for the inside scoop on homeschooling in Asia, {Cecilia}!Sparkitors I guess I should just blurt it out right now: I'm a homeschooler, and I'm proud of it. I went to public school for several... More  →

Breakfast of Champions: What Famous People Eat in the Morning

By Lauren PassellOctober 25, 2010
What's the difference between you and Oprah? Nothing. I mean, what does she have that you don't have? Since breakfast is the most important meal of the day, you can probably bet the only reason she's famous and you're not is because she eats the... More  →
Breakfast of Champions: What Famous People Eat in the Morning