Skip over navigation
Menu

7 Worst Days of Summer

By ChrisFauxRealMay 26, 2010
Some summer days, the sun is shining, blockbusters starring sensitive, shirtless guys are dominating the movie screens, and you’re so eyeball-deep in fun that you hardly even remember the horror of homework. But alas, not every day of summer break can be perfect. Here are... More  →
7 Worst Days of Summer

The Arthurian Candidates

By ContributorMay 26, 2010
Pizza_dog54—that doesn't seem like the type of nickname a Arthurian expert would have, does it? Well, the world of full of surprises. —Sparkitors We have all heard about King Arthur. He’s the guy who pulled the sword from the stone (it was actually an... More  →
The Arthurian Candidates

How To Convince People You're Smarter Than You Actually Are

By Jon_SkindzierMay 26, 2010
For starters, you're already pretty smart. You're reading a blog on a literature site instead of just throwing your computer in the river because you can't figure out where the Facebooks are. But if you need to seem even ­smarter, because all your friends ever... More  →
How To Convince People You're Smarter Than You Actually Are

A(nother) Sparkler's Favorite Indian Movies

By ContributorMay 26, 2010
charmedgiirl14 sold us on these flicks. We want to set up camp on our couch and have a Bollywood weekend! —Sparkitors When I saw Ipebble’s post on Indian movies, I was ecstatic! Being of Indian descent, I absolutely LOVE Bollywood. But... More  →
A(nother) Sparkler's Favorite Indian Movies

Movie Review: Shrek Forever After

By Grant McCrackenMay 26, 2010
At some point during my time on this earth, I might hate my life. If it's going to happen, I predict my depression will kick in about 20 years from now, when I'll have a midlife crisis due to a) settling for a non-supermodel wife,... More  →
Movie Review: Shrek Forever After

The SparkNotes Gleecap: Episode 20 (Theatricality)

By Emily WinterMay 26, 2010
The episode, which you can watch here before reading, begins with Principal Figgins demanding that Tina no longer dress goth because the Twilight craze has been inspiring teens to turn into vampires. It becomes apparent that PriFig believes vampires are real. This reminds us... More  →
The SparkNotes Gleecap: Episode 20 (Theatricality)

Alternate Movie Endings You Never Saw

By Kathryn_WilliamsMay 26, 2010
As a hardened 54 year-old movie exec living in Hollywood, trust me when I say movies don't just make themselves, folks. Movie scripts are written and rewritten approximately 174.2 times. Sometimes entire scenes are shot and discarded. Which means there is rom-com-dram gold... More  →
Alternate Movie Endings You Never Saw

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerMay 26, 2010
HOLD THE PHONES. STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING. TYPE ONLY IN CAPITAL LETTERS. It's official: last week's video is THE HIGHEST RATED AWESOME THING OF ALL TIME. It shattered the previous record of 9.72 and averaged a score of 9.76, moving it to Item Numero Uno... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Auntie SparkNotes: Wallowing in the Misery Muck

By kat_rosenfieldMay 26, 2010
When we go through breakups, we listen to Ricky Gervais/Steve Merchant/Karl Pilkington podcasts while weeping quietly. Just a suggestion. —Sparkitors Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I have a friend whose girlfriend just broke up with him. He's been pretty depressed about the ordeal for a few weeks now, and,... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Wallowing in the Misery Muck

SparkNotes Movie Club Discussion: Ghostbusters

By Dan_BergsteinMay 26, 2010
Glad to see you made it back in one piece. Now that we’ve all seen Ghostbusters, it’s time to take a closer look at this one-of-a-kind, classic movie. In this post, I’ll not only ask a few questions, but provide my own answers. Wanna fight... More  →
SparkNotes Movie Club Discussion: Ghostbusters