Skip over navigation

Non-Sequel Video Games for 2010

By ContributorJanuary 22, 2010
Who knew we had such a gaming expert in our midst? Sparkler ashcatash is a great writer with some new games to look forward to in 2010. —SparkNotes editors 2010 looks to be a year of sequels for video games. Not saying that's a... More  →
Non-Sequel Video Games for 2010

Swim Tests: Should They Be Completely Illegal?

By Jon_SkindzierJanuary 22, 2010
Yes. Yes they should. If that analysis isn't convincing enough for you, then you must be one of those kids, the ones who draw favorable comparisons to water-dwelling mammals while the rest of us are just try to swim marginally better than, say, a television. But... More  →
Swim Tests: Should They Be Completely Illegal?

10 Things to Do Instead of Doing Your Homework

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 22, 2010
As if you really needed a list: 1. Make a list of all the things you’d rather do than your homework. Send that list to SparkLife. Become a published freelance blogger. Use your popularity as a platform off which to launch your career as a... More  →
10 Things to Do Instead of Doing Your Homework

Should You Cross the Crush Line?

By Kia WoodJanuary 22, 2010
There comes an inevitable moment when you must decide—do you act on your crush, or just leave it in your imagination? The upside of confessing is finally finding out if he/she shares your feelings. The downside is finding out why they call them crushes when... More  →
Should You Cross the Crush Line?

Bumper Sticker Say Wha?

By Kathryn_WilliamsJanuary 22, 2010
There are two types of people in this world: those who sticker their bumpers, and those who don't. We fall in the latter category. We just don't understand the desire to put your religious and political beliefs, socioeconomic status, number of kids, job, pet, and... More  →
Bumper Sticker Say Wha?

The Diary of Ashley Spencer: The Fear and Loathing in Chicago

By Ashley SpencerJanuary 22, 2010
This is sort of embarrassing for me to admit. I’m suffering from what seems like an incurable disease common among recent college graduates. No, it’s not some nasty germy thing I picked up just by walking past a frat party my last semester of... More  →
The Diary of Ashley Spencer: The Fear and Loathing in Chicago

Harness Your Inner Spielberg

By Dan_BergsteinJanuary 22, 2010
Just about every electronic gadget now comes equipped with a video camera. At this point, you've probably "directed" a handful of videos, from the one of your friend eating a gross sandwich, to the one of Lady Gaga from 2500 feet away at a concert.... More  →
Harness Your Inner Spielberg

Auntie SparkNotes: Bye Bye, (High School) Love

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 21, 2010
Dear Auntie SparkNotes, I feel really silly, but I need help. I'm an 18 year old senior, and my boyfriend and I started dating at the end of ninth grade, so we've almost been together for 3 years. We love each other very much. I've told... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Bye Bye, (High School) Love

Hanging Out with Jazzy: Film Quotes No One Can Remember

By ContributorJanuary 21, 2010
Did you know that villanous_mwaha writes like 36,487 SparkLife posts every single day? Well she does. We're just going to keep publishing one every Thursday until she graduates from college...err..."uni." —SparkNotes editors There are usually parts of great films that you can't help but... More  →
Hanging Out with Jazzy: Film Quotes No One Can Remember

When Friends Want a Favor

By Julie KrautJanuary 21, 2010
Your friend has a favor to ask. Maybe she wants to go to the gym with you, trade a pudding pack for your Lunchable, or get a ride to school. The specifics don’t matter. At some point, a friend is going to try to convince... More  →
When Friends Want a Favor