Search Menu
Menu

Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part 7 (End of Volume 1!)

By Emily WinterOctober 13, 2010
Chapters 19-23 Our crafty protag Lizzy Bennet is definitely playing hard to get with Mr. Collins. The evidence is all there. For example, Mr. Collins asks Lizzy to marry him, and she says no. Obvious burger: Everyone knows that when girls say "no" they mean  "yes," and... More  →
 Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part 7 (End of Volume 1!)

Who Wants To Win a Pile-o-Hair? (And Other Game Show Reboots)

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 13, 2010
Here at SparkNotes, there's nothing we love more than a good game show. A live studio audience! Fabulous prizes! Vanna White, and the ongoing mystery of what, exactly, her face is made of! (No, seriously, y'all—the woman has looked exactly the same for the past... More  →
Who Wants To Win a Pile-o-Hair? (And Other Game Show Reboots)

How To Be Awesome: Rocky Edition

By ContributorOctober 13, 2010
Bookinsomnia takes a page from jgrudzy's book and adds another chapter to the How To Be Awesome series! —Sparkitors

Rocky Balboa is one of the most famous and beloved underdogs in movie history–I mean, they've made

... More  →
How To Be Awesome: Rocky Edition

Auntie SparkNotes: Undateable

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 13, 2010
What do people really mean when they say, "I can't date you—you're too good of a friend!" Auntie knows, and she's going to tell us the harsh truth. –Sparkitors Hey Auntie! I have an issue. No girl wants to date me. But wait, it gets better... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Undateable

Rachel's High School Life

By Rachel KorowitzOctober 13, 2010
We want to go back in time and join Rachel's nerd herd. —Sparkitors Were you funny? Oh, man. I thought I was. Thanks to my dad, I could recite pretty much anything written by Bob and Ray, Mel Brooks, Monty Python,... More  →
Rachel's High School Life

SparkNotes Movie Club Presents: Paranormal Activity

By Dan_BergsteinOctober 13, 2010
Welcome to the spooooookiest Movie Club of all tiiiiiiiime. (Sorry, the keyboard is sticking.) This month, we’re watching Paranormal Activity…with all the lights on, one eye on the screen, and the other eye on a pretty picture of nice pony. If you’re... More  →
SparkNotes Movie Club Presents: Paranormal Activity

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 13, 2010
WHEW. It seems we've recovered from the Great (Awesome Thing) Depression—this video may have earned a miserable 1.96 last week, but you've restored our confidence in your scoring abilities by giving our most recent clip an 8.94. To... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Open Thread for October 13

By Emily WinterOctober 13, 2010
Bread with a smiley face in it?!?!? Holy grilled cheesus! Thanks for this picture, Mystery Sparkler. It's a miracle!... More  →
Open Thread for October 13

What it’s Like To Live In…South Florida

By ContributorOctober 12, 2010
Florida sounds like a dream, Glitter006—minus the torrential downpours, of course! —Sparkitors I live in a little beach town in south Florida, right on the edge of the East Coast. Some call this place paradise—and not... More  →
What it’s Like To Live In…South Florida

Two Reasons We're Getting Back Together with MTV

By Kathryn_WilliamsOctober 12, 2010
Dear MTV, It's been a few years since you've actually been what your name professes: music television. That's OK. That's why we have Pandora. Let us be the first to say that we liked your programming over the years. You had us... More  →
Two Reasons We're Getting Back Together with MTV