Skip over navigation

Blogging Twilight: Part 13

By Dan_BergsteinJune 11, 2009
Dan Bergstein is reading Twilight and blogging about it. Need to catch up? Check out parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, ... More  →
Blogging Twilight: Part 13

"What the...?" Files: Stodgy School Admins on Anti-Fun Crusade

By kat_rosenfieldJune 11, 2009
Between the bad-touch ban, the prom suspension fiasco, and the gal from Wisconsin who got arrested for hiding a cellphone in her behind, your SparkNotes editors can’t help noticing that 2009 has truly been the year of the Stodgy School Administrator. You... More  →

Guide to Summer Concerts, Part II

By Kathryn_WilliamsJune 11, 2009
Nothing says summer like rocking out to the sweet tunes of your favorite band at the county fairgrounds amphitheater. The smell of hot dogs and funnel cake wafting on the sticky air, the hippies selling homemade chocolate brownies in the parking lot, the guy... More  →

Planned Site Maintenance

By Emily WinterJune 11, 2009
Tomorrow from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Eastern Time, we’re doing some planned site maintenance. Don’t you worry, Sparklers, it will only be for two and a half hours, and we’ll be fully functional for your weekend. ... More  →

Would You Cheat?

By Laura_WassonJune 11, 2009
(Cue ominous music!) Ok, so asking if you would cheat is a loaded question. I mean, I don't think anyone would openly say, "Yeah, I have no problem cheating on my S.O." It's the sort of unspeakable thing you'd never dream of doing until, suddenly,... More  →

Rock 'n' Roll High School

By Joe_LynchJune 11, 2009
As rock mags like to point out, everyone had to start somewhere. Usually Rolling Stone is content to run a few goofy-looking senior pics and leave it at that, but what’s more interesting—and helpful if you want to make it big someday—is to learn how... More  →

Blogging Twilight: Part 12

By Dan_BergsteinJune 10, 2009
Not sure if you've heard, but Dan Bergstein is reading Twilight and blogging about it. Need to catch up? Check out parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, ... More  →
Blogging Twilight: Part 12

Who's the Mystery Girl? Ask Auntie SparkNotes.

By kat_rosenfieldJune 10, 2009
Auntie SparkNotes missed you all terribly during our little technical mishap last week! So to make up for it, there will be not one, but TWO advice posts this week. (You're welcome.) First up, a girl with a crush:

I have a dilemma, obviously.

... More  →

Graduation Party Survival Guide

By Jeff_AlexanderJune 10, 2009
It's the end of the school year, and for Seniors, it's the end of the world. 'Tis the season for graduation parties—or "open houses" as they're called in some parts.... More  →

Ready, Set, Text!

By Katie_RolnickJune 10, 2009
Competitors, warm up those thumbs and do some stretches cause it's time for the 2009 Texting Championship! No, we're not even making this one up. The phone company, LG, is holding this year's competition in Canada (don't worry, even texters not prone to... More  →