Skip over navigation

Five Ways to Keep Up with President Obama Online

By Chris_DikenFebruary 26, 2009

Ever since Barack Obama stopped updating his Twitter account, we at SparkNotes have been adrift. Back in the day, Twitter made tracking the President-Elect’s progress so easy: Barack Obama is at “Change We Need” rally in Henderson, Nevada; now he’s launching a

... More  →

NEWS FLASH: Fringe Is Better Than LOST.

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 26, 2009
Did you know that J.J. Abrams, in addition to being responsible for primetime behemoth LOST, also has another show? It’s called Fringe. Have you been watching Fringe? Well, you should be… because Fringe is better than LOST. There, we said it. In fact, Fringe... More  →

Facebook is Forever

By Katie_RolnickFebruary 26, 2009
Your teachers and parents have been warning you to be careful what you put on the Internet. "Once it's out there, it's out there," they say. And you are all, "Whatever, old people." Well this time they may be right. A couple of weeks ago Facebook... More  →

This Means War!

By Dan_BergsteinFebruary 26, 2009
Last night's episode of LOST set the stage for a coming war, as predicted by Charles Widmore. The problem is we still don't know who is fighting in this war, or which side to root for. After careful analysis, we have come up with a... More  →

Losing (or Winning) My Religion

By Jeff_AlexanderFebruary 26, 2009
When I first heard about the game Mass Effect, I wondered if it had to do with church. What can I say, I was raised Catholic. But after learning that Mass Effect isn’t about that kind of Mass, I realized that there’s a yawning... More  →

Please Tell Your Butt Not to Call Me Anymore.

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 25, 2009
Hey, did you know that teenagers use their cellular phones to do this new-fangled thing called “text messaging”? Well, the media sure does: all of a sudden, they're inundating us with hysterical rants about “sexting,” worried ruminations on “text-bullying,” and this nervous piece... More  →

Our Favorite Fictional Cheerleaders

By Kathryn_WilliamsFebruary 25, 2009
According to Molly Sims on Martha and this site, the new movie Fired Up (I’d call it a “film,” but just three days after the Oscars, that seems like kind of a... More  →

Anatomy of a 15-Minute Break

By Dan_BergsteinFebruary 25, 2009
After spending a few hours at your thankless, minimum wage job, you may be rewarded with a 15-minute break. If you're a smoker, you know how to use this time. But for the non-smokers, and for those who already went to bathroom, those 15 minutes... More  →

For the Love of Vinegar

By Jeff_AlexanderFebruary 24, 2009
We know how you feel: Times are tough, and you don't have money to buy a Corvette mouse and get some great tasting vinegar. What to do? You may not be able to make your own Corvette mouse, but did you know it’s possible to make... More  →

Should Students Get Paid for Good Grades?

By Chris_DikenFebruary 24, 2009
You've probably heard the expression, “Learning is its own reward.” And you probably laughed, because while this old chestnut may be true, you can’t use learning to buy stuff. (Try flashing your transcript at the Best Buy checkout and let us know the results.) But... More  →