Skip over navigation

Cute Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterOctober 19, 2009
Our regular Cute Thing caption fiesta is going on a week-long siesta so we can bring you a music video that's too cute (and ridiculous) not to publish. Sparkler psalmer sent us the link to this video, and is trying to get... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Real House of Horrors

By Dan_BergsteinOctober 19, 2009
No matter where you live, chances are that a haunted house, haunted woods, haunted prison, or haunted aquarium are within driving distance. These spooky attractions are all pretty much the same: Walk down a dark hallway and... More  →
Real House of Horrors

Blogging the Scarlet Letter: Part 10 (Chapters 19 and 20)

By RamseyOctober 16, 2009
Ramsey is reading The Scarlet Letter and blogging about his experiences. Past posts are collected here. Chapter 19 – The Child at Brook-Side Before we move forward with The Scarlet Letter, the book nerd in me needs to point out that the title of this... More  →
Blogging the Scarlet Letter: Part 10 (Chapters 19 and 20)

Chris Listens: Troubled Parents, Checking People Out, and Feeling Left Out

By Chris_DikenOctober 16, 2009
As you know, I'm a big fan of communicating (and its second cousin, venting). Expressing yourself is good for your mental health, and, in my experience, people like to know how other people feel about things. It's a win-win. The problem is, it's easy to write... More  →
Chris Listens: Troubled Parents, Checking People Out, and Feeling Left Out

Tough vs. Easy: The Teacher Tussle

By Katie_RolnickOctober 16, 2009
We've been talking a lot about teachers lately: awesome teachers, clueless teachers, and teachers who drive you nuts. You spend hours upon hours with these adults each week, and we know that you have feelings—strong feelings—about them. Today, we're wondering... More  →
Tough vs. Easy: The Teacher Tussle

The Friday Awards (Are So Freaking Cute)

By Emily WinterOctober 16, 2009
The comments this week were full of soft and gooey, mushy, gushy, cutesy, smiley, hearts-and-flowers-and-puppy-kisses caliber adorableness. And fellas, it's all your fault. The highlight of this week's Friday Awards is the homecoming stories you Sparklers wrote about. These inspirational tales renewed our faith in... More  →
The Friday Awards (Are So Freaking Cute)

More Halloween Costume Inspiration

By ContributorOctober 16, 2009
We've already given tons of tips on choosing a Halloween costume, but Sparkler pestina18 has a few ideas that have been overlooked thus far on SparkLife. Enjoy! —SparkNotes editors It’s that time of year again: jack-o-lanterns grin from every doorstep, front yards have become... More  →
More Halloween Costume Inspiration

How To Get Over An Ex In Five Steps

By ContributorOctober 16, 2009
GeekGoesGlam is a self-help guru-in-training. We have a feeling she'll have her own book series, podcasts, and talk show in 10 years! —SparkNotes editors There is this one person and s/he is your life. You think about this person constantly. You... More  →
How To Get Over An Ex In Five Steps

Auntie SparkNotes: You'd Better Not Be Mastulating in There!

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 16, 2009
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, 2 weeks ago I started talking to the guy I liked. He knew I liked him because several of my friends decided it was their business to tell him. Anyway, we started texting and heavily flirting and we decided that he'd come over... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: You'd Better Not Be Mastulating in There!

How Fast Do You Read?

By Dan_BergsteinOctober 15, 2009
A while back, when we applauded people with the ability to read two books at the same time, we were shocked to learn from the comments that many of you tackle five or more books at once! Now we're turning out attention to speed... More  →
How Fast Do You Read?