Search Menu
Menu

The Twelve Days of Sparkmas

By Kathryn_WilliamsJanuary 4, 2011
The gifts were opened, the cookies were eaten, the domino tree was knocked over by FlippyCat.... you thought Christmas was over? Heck no! Don't put away that reindeer antler headband yet. Take the gingerbread house out of your mouth... More  →
The Twelve Days of Sparkmas

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 4, 2011
Today's playlist was sent in by Kolizzle, and it's all Songs for When You're Forced to Clean the House (because that happens to even the best of us sometimes). "Umbrella Beach" by Owl City ... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Auntie SparkNotes: This Way Lies Madness

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 4, 2011
Hi Auntie, Ok so I have had a HUGE crush on a guy that is a year older than me and goes to another school. We met through cross country and he is friends with my brother. So, we started talking at first over facebook and... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: This Way Lies Madness

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 4, 2011
Today's pick was sent in by MsMoonBow. It's a song written entirely in palindromes. How could that not be... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

How to Bounce Back from Holiday Over-Indulging Without Actually Doing Anything

By Lauren PassellJanuary 4, 2011
The holiday season is so over, and raise your hand if you had to wear elastic-banded pants today! Don't be shy, we would think it was weird if you could fit into your clothes after Christmas. Those cookies don't eat themselves. (And we don't care... More  →
How to Bounce Back from Holiday Over-Indulging Without Actually Doing Anything

Video War: Kings of Leon Vs. Bruno Mars

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 4, 2011
TAKE NOTE, MUSIC FANS: 1. Firstly, it is imperative to mention that Chelsea Dagger is back in the black and better than ever—and she's here to serve you up a steaming hot Video War sandwich. Don't ask why it's steaming. JUST ENJOY IT. 2. Secondly, answer us this: should... More  →
Video War: Kings of Leon Vs. Bruno Mars

cupcakemichi Takes on MaxVZ, Harry Potter, Evolution

By ContributorJanuary 4, 2011
cupcakemichi wrote this post. We'd say more about it, but we're dumbfounded. —Sparkitors Disclaimer: This article links to TVTropes. TVTropes Will Ruin Your Life. I agree with MaxVZ on several points, however, I think much of his logic is flawed. MaxVZ... More  →
cupcakemichi Takes on MaxVZ, Harry Potter, Evolution

Open Thread for January 4

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 4, 2011
Chelsea Dagger has just returned from her unprecedentedly glorious 10-day vacation in Colorado, and this board game, magnificently crafted by Pistaciosaregreat, perfectly represents her journey, which was fraught with mountains, VICTORY, and hobbits (they're real. Bet on it). Here's what Pistacios had to say about her... More  →
Open Thread for January 4

NBK in Alberta: Poker Partay

By ContributorJanuary 3, 2011
LunarCircus knows how to play poker, AND he smells good. Who could resist? —Sparkitors OH. MY. SWEET. BABY. LORD. I was there. And he was over there. And I looked at him. And he looked back. And then... *inhales/exhales deeply with aid of paper bag* I’m getting ahead of myself, Sparklers.... More  →
NBK in Alberta: Poker Partay

Hi, My Name Is ________, and I Can't Keep a Resolution

By ContributorJanuary 3, 2011
ez30yankee, we can't stop whipping our hair back and forth, thanks to YOU! —Sparkitors I feel guilty. Every year, I make some form of a New Year’s Revolution, and then like the master procrastinator I am, it never happens. And, to put some... More  →
Hi, My Name Is ________, and I Can't Keep a Resolution