Skip over navigation

Enter Amanda's Contest

By SparkLifeJuly 30, 2009
As you know, Sparkler Amanda founded the aptly-named Facebook group Dan Bergstein's "Blogging Twilight" is AMAZING, which is up to almost 2,000 members. But did you know she's just announced a drawing competition?? That's right! It's only open to members of... More  →
Enter Amanda's Contest

Are You a Sex Ed Idiot? Quiz!

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 30, 2009
The Center for Disease Control has released new data tracking teenage sexual activity...and hoo boy, it ain't pretty. The under-18 set has been getting infected, impregnated, and unsafely pants-less at an alarming increase over the past few years, with particularly large jumps in... More  →
Are You a Sex Ed Idiot? Quiz!

What High School's REALLY Like: Kathryn Gives Us the Lowdown

By Kathryn_WilliamsJuly 30, 2009
The summer before ninth grade is terrifying. You spend almost every moment in a panic, wondering if you'll be able to find your classes, make new friends, and avoid that junior who wants to kill you because she heard her boyfriend was hitting on you... More  →
What High School's REALLY Like: Kathryn Gives Us the Lowdown

Would You Sell Yourself for $1,800?

By Dan_BergsteinJuly 30, 2009
The Hayden Panettiere film I Love You, Beth Cooper didn't break records at the box office or cause diehard fans to tattoo "I-L-Y-B-C" on their tongues—but not for lack of effort on the part of the marketing people behind the movie. They worked... More  →
Would You Sell Yourself for $1,800?

App Attack!

By Matt_HunzikerJuly 30, 2009

Ever since Facebook added third-party applications (about 611,564,083 Name Quizzes ago, by our count), we’ve all had the opportunity to reject people on a daily basis.

“Take the ‘What does your hair say about you?’ quiz?” REJECT!

“Join Nathan’s army of the... More  →

App Attack!

Fill-in-the-Blank Summer Adventure

By Katie_RolnickJuly 30, 2009
We know you don't want to think about it, but eventually you're going to have to go back to school. Sorry, sorry, SORRY! When you get back, everyone's going to be swapping stories, talking about their amazing vacation adventures rock-climbing, More  →
Fill-in-the-Blank Summer Adventure

Sparklish 101 (Are You a Fribaby?!)

By ContributorJuly 30, 2009
Whether you're new to SparkLife or have been around forever (like, I dunno, April) the following dictionary by Sparkler peaceonearth34 will help you put those recurring SparkLife-y feelings into words! —SparkNotes Editors The community of Sparklers is so broad, so exciting, so different, that... More  →
Sparklish 101 (Are You a Fribaby?!)

A Dancer's Life

By ContributorJuly 30, 2009
Sparkler breannamariee is a dancer who wants to clear up some misconceptions about her future profession. She also sent us the gorgeous photo that appears after the jump! Enjoy! —SparkNotes Editors There are two unfortunate responses I get whenever I tell people I'm going... More  →
A Dancer's Life

What the FUNK? Great Summer Jams

By Joe_LynchJuly 30, 2009
Certain music genres are as essential to summer as iced tea or BBQ. We like to think of funk as one of those genres and as the musical equivalent of iced tea and BBQ (cool n' saucy). Here’s our list of top summer funk jams... More  →
What the FUNK? Great Summer Jams

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterJuly 29, 2009
OK seriously, Sparklers, we had our finger poised over the mouse, ready to publish an Awesome Thing of the Week about this guy who makes totally awesome Lego art—when we had to stop the Wordpresses altogether. Today a Beluga whale saved a drowning girl,... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week