Search Menu
Menu

Meditations on Ugg Boots

By ContributorFebruary 17, 2011
We usually don't accept personal narratives unless its from a columnist, but something about this post by Sparky007xxx69420666 was too funny not to publish. —Sparkitors Things I do not understand: Quantum physics. Grape nuts. Christian rock. Sheepskin-lined boots. My first encounter with these inexplicably popular... More  →
Meditations on Ugg Boots

What to Do When Someone Is Checking You Out

By Kathryn_WilliamsFebruary 17, 2011
You're walking down the hall, minding your own business, thinking about what kind of omelet Lady Gaga would make and—BAM!—you realize someone is checking you out. Like flagrantly, lasciviously, passionately eye-molesting you! He is undressing you in his head. She is searching for... More  →
What to Do When Someone Is Checking You Out

Oh, The Horror: A Life Without SparkNotes

This post was prompted by our server shutdown a few weeks ago, and in it, JimSauce asks a terrifying question: what would life be like without SparkNotes?—Sparkitors Imagine, if you will, this situation: your AP English Literature teacher assigns a humongous novel... More  →
Oh, The Horror: A Life Without SparkNotes

Unwhole: Chapter 11

Last time we left Delilah, she had just learned that the old woman, Jill, was Kevin's great aunt. What will Darklite808 do next?! —Sparkitors I gasped and spat out the punch I was drinking. People turned to look at us and the mess on the... More  →
Unwhole: Chapter 11

Never Been Kissed Michigan: Part 9!

thenameselodie is live-blogging her plan to get Spencer's number. Could this be any better? Only if we had popcorn.—Sparkitors SPECIAL NEWS BULLETIN: Elodie is currently sitting in the library, having arrived much earlier than she usually does, so that... More  →
Never Been Kissed Michigan: Part 9!

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 17, 2011
Today's playlist is called Songs to Listen to When Your Whole Social 20 AP Class Is On Facebook at 3 AM Freaking Out Because They Remember Nothing About the Thirty-Years War and We Are Doing An Essay On It Tomorrow! Bahahahaha. ... More  →
Playlist of the Day

A Very Belated Phi Beta Dagger

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 17, 2011
You may be wondering why PBD is a day late, Sparkleheads. A thousand reasons are probably rushing through your finely-tuned minds; is it because there was a warp in the space-time continuum? Because Bilbo Baggins hacked into our database security mainframe and replaced our entire... More  →
A Very Belated Phi Beta Dagger

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 17, 2011
I have a couple ideas about what spurred the creation of today's video (sent in by Gibby): Delirium caused by being stranded in the Arctic tundra for several weeks with only a package of gummy bears to eat. Extreme boredom caused by too many hours... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for February 17

By Emily WinterFebruary 17, 2011
Meet Molly, the color-changing cat! Star'sLove says... This is my cat Molly.  She's a Bengal-Tabby mix and the coolest thing about her is that as she's gotten older, her fur has gotten darker.  She's at least 60% darker now than she was when we... More  →
Open Thread for February 17

Book Recommendations: Politics Edition

By Miss MarmFebruary 16, 2011
For Politics class I need to write a book review on a political non-fiction book. It's due in June but we are supposed to start reading now. Any suggestions? Shake Hands with the Devil by Romeo Dallaire is already taken... I would recommend: The Bridge: The... More  →
Book Recommendations: Politics Edition