Skip over navigation

Having Entirely Too Much Fun With Volunteering

By Jon_SkindzierNovember 18, 2009
Let's be honest: most high school students have a volunteering obligation to fulfill, so it's less volunteering than requiredteering. But that doesn't mean it has to feel like you're just a day laborer making an underwhelming $0 an hour. Volunteering can be fun! Wait, stop laughing.... More  →
Having Entirely Too Much Fun With Volunteering

Thermochemistry Rap

By ContributorNovember 18, 2009
Sparkler tawly31 and her friend Lior wrote this rap about thermochemistry. tawly31's (aka Danitte's) lines are in blue, and Lior's are in green. Enjoy! —SparkNotes editors Glossary Mrs. Silverberg - my chemistry teacher FST - Final Summative Task (equivalent of an exam) Danitte and Lior’s (Thermo)Dynamic Rap More  →
Thermochemistry Rap

The Toilet Paper Tube and Other Great Toys

By Katie_RolnickNovember 17, 2009
Congratulations are in order! This year's inductees to the National Toy Hall of Fame have been announced! Prepare the tributes and ticker tape parades; we need to honor  innovative creations like the big wheel (the bridge between walking and cycling!), the Game Boy... More  →
The Toilet Paper Tube and Other Great Toys

25 Things to Try Before You’re 25 and People Start to Judge You

By Ashley SpencerNovember 17, 2009
As your parents are always telling you, it's important to be responsible. But what parents often forget about being young and cute is that sometimes you just have to do crazy stuff so that you can figure out what the world’s like. So before you... More  →
25 Things to Try Before You’re 25 and People Start to Judge You

Sleeping During School: A Quick Guide

By Joe_LynchNovember 17, 2009
I've read or heard (or dreamed) that teenagers actually need more sleep than infants. It's hard to say if that's true—I don't remember much about being an infant, probably because I was asleep—but I do know that the high school schedule does NOT allow teens... More  →
Sleeping During School: A Quick Guide

Steal These Books

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 17, 2009
If you're a human, you're probably familiar with what we at SparkNotes like to call the Library Oh-Crap—so called because of that unfortunate experience wherein you notice an unfamiliar book on your shelf, open it up, and discover that the binding is stamped in five... More  →
Steal These Books

The Senior Project, aka Your Very Last Assignment

By Jon_SkindzierNovember 17, 2009
Some of you already know about the senior project with which you'll eventually have to justify your entire existence (well, your high school existence, anyway). Others are all "Senior whatjects? SparkNotes, you are so confusing!" But no, we're not. It's just that only some students are required... More  →
The Senior Project, aka Your Very Last Assignment

Pimp Your Inhaler

By ContributorNovember 17, 2009
Sparkler got_paint is so awesome. That's all we have to say. —SparkNotes editors If you guys are like me, then cold weather exacerbates your asthma, reactive airway disorder, and pulmonary defects. With winter just around the corner, we should take into consideration the statements... More  →
Pimp Your Inhaler

The Writing on the Wall

By laura_buchholzNovember 17, 2009
Bathroom graffiti is a part of high school life, no matter what kind of school you go to. But you know you’re going to a really good school if the bathroom graffiti looks like this: I (heart) Romeo Montague! Geometry is for squares. I bench... More  →
The Writing on the Wall

Dagger University: Get Your Nose on that Grindstone, Cowboy

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 17, 2009
Dear Dagger, I'm not sure if this is going to be the kind of problem that you were expecting to be asked, but I am currently facing a problem of not having enough motivation to do my work in school anymore. I am a... More  →
Dagger University: Get Your Nose on that Grindstone, Cowboy