Skip over navigation

Fall Things We Can't Wait For

By Joe_LynchAugust 14, 2009
Are you freaking out because summer is almost over? We say, let summer go! Take a stand and say that fall/autumn is the best season! Let’s think about this logically: beautiful colors in nature, awesome fashion opportunities, and hot cocoa. Checkmate. Plenty of you seem to... More  →
Fall Things We Can't Wait For

Songs for Sparklers Who Can't Stop Singing

By ContributorAugust 13, 2009
Here's a music mix from Sparkler nednettinc, who loves songs that are ultra-sing-a-long-able! Enjoy! —SparkNotes Editors Some songs have lyrics that just beg to be sung. It’s like the music is a drug and the side effect is compulsive singing. I mean, who hasn’t... More  →
Songs for Sparklers Who Can't Stop Singing

Blogging New Moon: Part 10

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 13, 2009
Chapter Ten: The Meadow Better Title: You scream. I scream. We all scream…for werewolves. The chapter begins with Bella attempting to get in touch with Jacob. She keeps trying to...oh, the heck with this. By the end of the chapter there are werewolves! Real ones! And they... More  →
Blogging New Moon: Part 10

Clubs You Should Start This Fall

By Kathryn_WilliamsAugust 13, 2009
As you approach your junior and senior years of high school, extracurricular activities will take on a whole new meaning. Not only are they a vehicle for expressing your individual interests and meeting new people, but they're also a pre-req for getting into... More  →
Clubs You Should Start This Fall

Avoid Summer Wisdom Teeth Extraction at All Costs

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 13, 2009
"This way, you won't miss any school." That is the argument used by parents across the county to encourage teenagers to have their wisdom teeth yanked during the summer months. Wisdom teeth extraction will put you out of commission for a day or two... More  →
Avoid Summer Wisdom Teeth Extraction at All Costs

What High School's REALLY Like: Joe Plunges Into a Big Public School

By Joe_LynchAugust 13, 2009
Full disclosure: My first day of high school was pretty traumatic. After being dropped off in front of an imposing brick building, I was hiding tears before I even stepped inside. Why was I so scared? Well, I was a total dork in elementary school. I... More  →
What High School's REALLY Like: Joe Plunges Into a Big Public School

I Wish I Could Take THAT Class...

By Matt_HunzikerAugust 13, 2009

As we head into fall registration for high school classes, it’s a good time to make practical decisions about the courses you’ll need to fulfill requirements and prepare for your education after high school. It’s also a good time to do some more

... More  →
I Wish I Could Take THAT Class...

Water Ballooning 101

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 12, 2009
The only way to beat the August heat while giving in to your violent tendencies is with a good old-fashioned water balloon fight. And lucky for you, SparkNotes has mastered the art of water balloon warfare. Here's how to triumph over your enemies: Come prepared. Forget... More  →
Water Ballooning 101

Are You Sexier Than a Fifth Grader?

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 12, 2009
If you have a younger sibling, take note: Something weird is happening to our fourth graders. What do we mean? Well! Why not have a look at these pictures of Miley Cyrus’s nine-year-old little sis and her pals, frolicking and posing and making... More  →
Are You Sexier Than a Fifth Grader?

Studies Show: Brains Heart Sunshine

By Katie_RolnickAugust 12, 2009
Good news, Sparklers! If you find it hard to concentrate at school, especially on gray, overcast days or in those windowless, dungeon-esque classrooms, you're not out of your mind. Turns out our brains are plant-likethat is, they work better with sunshine! A new... More  →
Studies Show: Brains Heart Sunshine