Skip over navigation

Summer Activity Series: Daisy Chain of Love

By Kathryn_WilliamsJune 29, 2009
In our first installment of SAS (that's Summer Activity Series, not Side-Angle-Side, although your geometry teacher likes where your head's at, Sparkler fabalafae), we asked for ideas for projects to keep your summer from becoming a long, air-conditioned haze punctuated only... More  →

Sea Urchins, Romance, and You

By Matt_HunzikerJune 29, 2009

For some reason, weird hypothetical questions tend to crop up when you're in a relationship. Couples always ask each other things like, “Would you still love me if I had a mustache?” or “Would you save my life if it meant you had to

... More  →

The Waiting Game (Giant Sunglasses Not Included)

By ContributorJune 29, 2009
Sparkler thelionking has some creative ideas about how to pass time while you're waiting for your life to start (aka when you finally get your license.) Enjoy! —SparkNotes Editors Ah, summer.  That wondrous time of year when the birds are singing, school is out, and everybody... More  →

Lessons from a Dead Cat

By Joe_LynchJune 29, 2009
Last week my mom called me and started talking in that dreaded voice. It was uncomfortable, halting, distracted...the “someone just passed away” voice. That someone was the family cat, Chester. I'd known Chester since he was a fluffy, fits-in-the-palm-of-your-hand kitty. So to hear he was dead... More  →

How Not to Blow Your July Fourth Fireworks Viewing Experience

By Jeff_AlexanderJune 29, 2009
In just a short amount of time, you'll have your chance to see all the explosions your heart could desire. No, we're not talking about the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen: Next week is the Fourth of July, and we want to help you get the... More  →

Romeo & Juliet: A Bad Relationship Model?

By ContributorJune 29, 2009
Romeo, Romeo, how could you possibly fall so hard for that girl, Romeo?! In this post, Sparkler Etoile_Fille takes a closer look at what exactly constitutes the "love" between Romeo and Juliet. Enjoy! —SparkNotes Editors When I read "Romeo and Juliet" for the first time a... More  →

Teachers Roam Free

By Katie_RolnickJune 29, 2009
Imagine this situation: You're hanging at the local pool, playing some cards and doing a nice job of keeping within eyeshot of the hot lifeguard, when a tall, dark shadow is cast on your pile of kings and queens. Nope, it's not a raincloud; it's... More  →

Blogging Twilight: Part 20

By Dan_BergsteinJune 26, 2009
Dan Bergstein is reading Twilight and blogging about it. Need to catch up? Previous posts are here. Need to join what is possibly the best Facebook group in history? Go here. Chapter Twenty-Two For about 400 pages, this novel was a bit boring.... More  →
Blogging Twilight: Part 20

Your Beach Problems, Solved

By Chris_DikenJune 26, 2009
Going to the beach is fun—in theory. In the days leading up to your trip, you’ll fondly anticipate swimming, tanning, and clandestinely checking out other beachgoers, plus subsequently judging those beachgoers who've decided to show a little more skin this year. (Here’s a tip: if... More  →

King of Pop, You Will Be Missed

By Kathryn_WilliamsJune 26, 2009
Unless you've been living under a rock for the last 24 hours, you know that the world has lost a light. At 1:07 pm Pacific Time, following a heart attack, Michael Jackson left us for the big Neverland Ranch in the sky. Before... More  →