Skip over navigation

Flyergirl13 Tells You How—To Go Holiday Shopping

By ContributorDecember 7, 2010
The second installment in flyergirl's new series is even funnier than the first—plus, we now know the most effective way to kill our piggy banks. JACKPOT.—Sparkitors Holiday shopping is a stressful time of year, especially given the rough economy, which forced record numbers... More  →

Megan's Life Lessons: Safety First

By Megan PrietzelDecember 7, 2010
Not sure if breathing is safe? jedimastermegan's 'bout to set you straight.—Sparkitors I know I can't be the only person out there who has a hard time telling the difference... More  →

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 7, 2010
Today's playlist, sent in by dnteatmygoldfish, is called Songs that Make You Feel Like You're Getting Gassed at the Dentist's Office... and Really, Really Enjoying It. ...Not that we'd... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Video War: Passion Pit Vs. Phoenix

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 7, 2010
Well, last week's Video War made one thing pretty clear: Taylor Swift has more nicknames than anyone else in the universe. Are we jealous? Of course. We love nicknames. We eat nicknames like candy. But we really can't compete with Swifty, aka Tay-Swizzle,... More  →

Foolproof Homework Excuses

By ContributorDecember 7, 2010
J. Phoenix just made our faces fall off. From laughing. Totally makes sense. Yep. —Sparkitors 1. It was confiscated for national security reasons, I can't say any more. 2. My imaginary friend borrowed it and never gave it back. 3. I transferred to a religion that... More  →
Foolproof Homework Excuses

Open Thread for December 7

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 7, 2010
Hey Sparklers, do you know what today is? Yes, it's Pearl Harbor Day. That's not what we're talking about. Okay, you're right, it's also the day that Deleware became the first US state to ratify the Constitution. (Why do... More  →

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 7, 2010
Today's pick—sent to me by Sparkitor Emma Chastain—was chosen for two reasons: 1) Harry Potter/Daniel Radcliffe. (Need I say more?) 2) It's really... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

The Daily Trials of an English Major: Romance! Action! Peer-Editing!

By ContributorDecember 6, 2010
Courtney Guth is going to reveal the secrets of English majors. SPOILER ALERT: she mentions literary devices! —Sparkitors In the words of my ever-so-hilarious sassy friend: “Look at your life! Look at your choices! What? What? What are you doing?” Upon entering college, I... More  →
The Daily Trials of an English Major: Romance! Action! Peer-Editing!

17 Uses for a Candy Cane

By Kathryn_WilliamsDecember 6, 2010
Every holiday has its classic candy. Halloween has candy corn; Easter has chocolate eggs; Valentine's Day has conversation hearts; Labor Day has Twizzlers. And, of course, Christmas has candy canes. Those minty sweet crooks of twisty red and white sugar are like Christmas wrapped in... More  →
17 Uses for a Candy Cane

Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 5

By ContributorDecember 6, 2010
Chapter 6 The chapter opens with Hester-Biscuit waiting for her young daughter Pearl to become a wild beast. No, seriously. She thinks that because Pearl is the result of her sin (adultery), the little girl will develop some sort of horrendous personality. So basically, Pearl is doomed... More  →
Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 5