Skip over navigation

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterJanuary 6, 2010
Sparkler LOTViolists has been waiting a looooong time for her awesomiest Awesome Thing to appear on SparkLife. And we have something to admit, Sparklers: We didn't used to be the biggest Star Wars fans...but all that changed when LOTViolists introduced... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Auntie SparkNotes: Mastulators Everywhere

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 6, 2010
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I went to homecoming with this amazing guy (as friends), and we had a lovely time. He was extremely nice to me all night, super-chivalrous, extra-adorable... etc. etc. We also went out for dinner afterward, which was very fun. We talked the whole... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Mastulators Everywhere

Feelin' Zen in 2010

By Kathryn_WilliamsJanuary 6, 2010
We were feelin' great in 2008 and feelin' fine in 2009. Which means in 2010, we'll be feelin'... Zen?  We've decided this is the year we will coast past our insecurities, fly over our fears, erase our anxieties and live with calmness, poise,... More  →
Feelin' Zen in 2010

Ridiculous Inventions that Made People Rich

By ContributorJanuary 6, 2010
JaneBond009 is so so so so so so so funny. We're beyond impressed. -SparkNotes editors Unless you live in Mars or under a rock (or perhaps under a rock in Mars), you’ve heard about the Snuggie. You know the things that look... More  →
Ridiculous Inventions that Made People Rich

The British School System, Demystified

By ContributorJanuary 6, 2010
We asked villanous_mwaha to explain sixth form, A levels, and all that other British education system nonsense that us Americans don't understand. Thanks, villanous! -SparkNotes editors If you haven’t already fallen asleep after reading the title, do not fear. It may be an unfeasible... More  →
The British School System, Demystified

Famous Doodlers

By Robert IsenbergJanuary 6, 2010
Your notebook is full of doodles. Flowers. Faces. Funny notes. Your margins practically drip with ink. You're in good company. Doodling is an ancient and distinguished tradition. Some of the world's most respected thinkers jotted goofy notes. Don't believe it? Behold. Leonardo Da Vinci: Yes, Leonardo is... More  →
Famous Doodlers

Cute Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterJanuary 5, 2010
Sparkler JoyfulOreo was recently feeling wintry, and requested that we Cute Thing it up with some polar bears. We love these adorable big lugs, but we didn't realize how human-like their bods could look when they stand. **shudders** Do you have a funny or... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

When Celeb Crushes Get Out of Control

By ContributorJanuary 5, 2010
We love that AllisonJY decided to use her less-than-pleasant past experience to help other Sparklers. Great tips! —SparkNotes editors Life can feel great when you have a celebrity crush. After all, sometimes you just need someone who represents your idea of perfection to give... More  →
When Celeb Crushes Get Out of Control

The ABCs of Phobias

By ContributorJanuary 5, 2010
A is for "Awesome." B is for "Baffling." C is for "Contribution," and D is for dumbledore21, the author of this posts. —E  (for "Editors") You probably all know there are lots of types of phobias. I would like to share with you some... More  →
The ABCs of Phobias

Auntie SparkNotes: How to Flirt, Part 1: The Look

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 5, 2010
Around here (and by “here,” I mean “the secret underground lair of Auntie SparkNotes”), flirting is a frequent topic of conversation. Every week, I spend time instructing you guys on when, why, and with whom to flirt. And you know what? I totally missed something.... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: How to Flirt, Part 1: The Look