Skip over navigation

Things to do in an Elevator

By ContributorAugust 24, 2009
We don't know where Sparkler celly gets that crazy imagination from, but we can't get enough of it! Enjoy! —SparkNotes Editors How many times have you found yourself  stuck in an elevator with some boring old people and nothing to do? (Never? You need to get... More  →
Things to do in an Elevator

Credit Cards: Good Idea/Bad Idea

By Kathryn_WilliamsAugust 24, 2009
With the school year gearing up again, you've probably already started receiving stuff in the mail from your school. But you may be surprised to see other envelopes with your name on them as well—applications from credit card companies. According to the JumpStart Coalition... More  →
Credit Cards: Good Idea/Bad Idea

Rock Band: The Beatles

By Jonathan_FlaxAugust 24, 2009
The release on 09/09/09 of the new “Rock Band: The Beatles” is, well, the music event of the year. As John Lennon might say, the game might be bigger than Jesus. That is, it'll be huge for at least for two groups: those who thrill... More  →
Rock Band: The Beatles

Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 2 (Chapters 3 and 4)

By RamseyAugust 24, 2009
A huge red "A" is usually a good thing in the life of a high schooler, unless it means you're reading The Scarlet Letter, in which case, we're sorry. So sorry, in fact, that we've got SparkNotes writer Ramsey to blog the... More  →
Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 2 (Chapters 3 and 4)

What I Unlearned from Romantic Comedies

By Joe_LynchAugust 24, 2009
It took me a while to realize the things I associated with romance just didn’t happen in real life. At first I was confused—why didn’t girls think it was cute when I fumbled for words? Why did my sister’s boyfriend ask her to prom via... More  →
What I Unlearned from Romantic Comedies

Blogging New Moon: Part 13

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 21, 2009
Chapter Thirteen: Killer Better Title: Attack of the Misunderstanding There are no werewolves in this chapter, and I'm starting to worry that I read the best part of this book already. I was tempted to go back and re-read Chapter Ten and blog about the werewolf scene... More  →
Blogging New Moon: Part 13

Auntie SparkNotes Will Tweeze Your Feelings

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 21, 2009
This week's letter-writer is getting mixed signals from his ladyfriend. Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I'm having a big problem. It's about my friend. Let's call her Jane. The problem is, I went on a school camp with Jane, and this is where I was fortunate to get to... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes Will Tweeze Your Feelings

Life With a Military Dad

By ContributorAugust 21, 2009
Sparkler Carocornn shares what it's like to be in a military family! Enjoy! —SparkNotes Editors My dad is an Army Staff Sergeant. He's fun, yet strict. My family has to act disciplined around him, and he doesn't fall for anything, but I don't really mind.... More  →
Life With a Military Dad

The Friday Awards

By EmmaAugust 21, 2009
Emily is on vacation this week, so I will be your substitute Friday Award Giver-Outer! (*pauses for boos to subside*) Listen, we miss Emily too. It's been horrible, trust me. I don't really want to get into it (too painful); let's just say we can't wait... More  →
The Friday Awards

Chris Listens: Chronic Shyness, More Sick Parents, and Dreaming of Waking Up

By Chris_DikenAugust 21, 2009
This time last week I was kicking it in the wilderness, fielding your queries amid gentle mountain breezes and thrumming forest insects. Now it’s back to business as usual in my semi-dark blog cave, with the air conditioner rattling at full blast, car... More  →
Chris Listens: Chronic Shyness, More Sick Parents, and Dreaming of Waking Up