Skip over navigation

Dagger University: Where Are the Boys?

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 24, 2009
Dear Dagger, What's with the boys? I went to an arts high school so the ratio of boys to girls was 1 to 8 (really the school did a poll). So I have no boy experience. Anyhow everyone goes on about how in university boys are... More  →
Dagger University: Where Are the Boys?

*Makes a Penguin Emoticon*

By ContributorNovember 24, 2009
It's hard to analyze a situation without being removed from it by time or distance, which is why we're particularly impressed with Sparkler imperfectbutfine. In this great post, imperfectbutfine points out facets of today's digital culture that few of us stop... More  →
*Makes a Penguin Emoticon*

Cute Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterNovember 24, 2009
Can everyone see the Cute Thing Hall of Fame yet? How extremely strange that it wasn't working last week. SparkNotes no can haz makzeemum kuteness, or wut? This week, we'd like to introduce (drumroll please) the first guinea pig ever to be a Cute... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Musicians We're Thankful For

By Joe_LynchNovember 23, 2009
In spirit of the Thanksgiving season, we want to give our thanks to a special group of people who have done their best to make our lives better. Are we talking about parents? Not this time. Teachers? Nope. Friends? They're good and all, but no.... More  →
Musicians We're Thankful For

Top 5 Awkward Family Moments in Pop Culture

By Kia WoodNovember 23, 2009
As many of you Sparklers prepare for one of the best eating holidays in the history of man (otherwise know as Thanksgiving), we’d be remiss not to acknowledge the downside of the holiday season: awkward family gatherings. Take comfort in the knowledge that awkward family moments... More  →
Top 5 Awkward Family Moments in Pop Culture

Long Live the Kids’ Table!

By Julie KrautNovember 23, 2009
You're familiar with the kids' table, right? That smaller table in the corner of the dining room, or in another room entirely, where all of the children old enough to feed themselves are forced to sit? You’re closer in age to some of your aunts than... More  →
Long Live the Kids’ Table!

So...How Was New Moon??

By EmmaNovember 23, 2009
We didn't see New Moon this weekend. But everyone else did! New Moon had the third-biggest opening weekend in the history of movies, behind The Dark Knight and Spiderman 3. We want to know: how was the movie? Did it live up... More  →
So...How Was New Moon??

Is it True Love?

By ContributorNovember 23, 2009
It's always the Sparklers with the most threatening nicknames who write the most sensitive posts. Nice work, villanous_mwaha! —SparkNotes editors I understand that girls talk about love more than guys. I mean, you never really hear guys saying, “Yeah man! Dis is like,... More  →
Is it True Love?

Auntie SparkNotes: Like Who Makes You Happy

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 23, 2009
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, So I like this guy, which isn't unusual, but what IS unusual is that I'm almost positive he likes me back. Now, I personally think he's fantastic. He's nice and funny and he makes me SO SO happy. He's a really sweet, adorable... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Like Who Makes You Happy

Three Reasons to Love—OK, Like—the SAT

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 23, 2009
If you've been studying up for the SAT, you're probably familiar with what we like to call the Apex of Standardized Suckitude—when it's two o'clock in the morning, you've just finished your fifth cup of coffee, you've missed yet another epic outing with your... More  →
Three Reasons to Love—OK, Like—the SAT <span class='sponsor_tag'>(sponsored)</span>