Skip over navigation

Best Viral Videos of 2009

By Katie_RolnickDecember 31, 2009
2009 was an amazing year for viral videos! From unplanned, honest moments to choreographed routines, we watched—then immediately shared—an astounding amount of goodness. And just in case you weren't paying attention to your Facebook feed, or failed to get on the right email chain, we've... More  →
Best Viral Videos of 2009

Slacker New Year's Resolutions

By Katie_RolnickDecember 30, 2009
We totally get that the point of New Year's resolutions is to strive for personal improvement, or something like that. But what if you're not feeling the need for ambitious self-improvement in 2010? We've drawn up a list of resolutions that will take zero... More  →
Slacker New Year's Resolutions

Best Nerd Moments of 2009

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 29, 2009
Let your geek flag fly. It's a great time to be a nerd. 2009 had many wonderful moments that made the fan-boy or fan-girl inside all of us giggle and snort with delight. From movies to books to gadgets, it was difficult to narrow the list... More  →
Best Nerd Moments of 2009

Top 100 SparkLife Posts of 2009: 75-51

By Emily WinterDecember 29, 2009
Ever wonder what awesome, hilarious stuff you missed on SparkLife before you became a Sparkler? Our Top 100 posts of 2009 will fill in those gaps! Today the countdown to the number 1 post of the year continues as we pay homage to posts 75-51. How... More  →
Top 100 SparkLife Posts of 2009: 75-51

Auntie SparkNotes: Big Buts and Rejection 101

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 29, 2009
Dear Auntie, I have a problem. I just moved from a private middle school in a different state to a public high school where it pretty much boils down to drinking, smoking, and sex. My old school (and for that matter, my old town) was "tame"... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Big Buts and Rejection 101

Winter Where? Winter Wear!

By Kia WoodDecember 29, 2009
We're officially one week into the winter season here in the northern hemisphere, which means lots of wool, fleece, and ugly Christmas sweaters (worn by your science teacher, of course). There are a million ways to pile on the layers this season (or... More  →
Winter Where? Winter Wear!

Breakup Season

By Julie KrautDecember 29, 2009
Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins. Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal. Jake Gyllenhaal's mom and dad. Turtle on Entourage and Meadow from the Sopranos. (We have no idea what their real names are or if they even have... More  →
Breakup Season

How to Disappear a Phone

By ContributorDecember 29, 2009
Sparkler africanstardust is hilarious, and we love her use of "disappear" in the headline. Next time we get mad at someone, we're going to shout "Watch your back. I'm gonna disappear you!"  —SparkNotes editors There's not that much info out there on how to... More  →
How to Disappear a Phone

A Post-Christmas Letter to Santa

By Nate DernDecember 29, 2009
It is customary to send Santa Claus a letter before Christmas, asking for particular gifts and perhaps even lobbying for a place on the good list. Below is an uncustomary letter to Santa. Why uncustomary? Well, this letter was written after Christmas. Dear Santa, I thought about... More  →
A Post-Christmas Letter to Santa

Best Commercials of 2009

By Kathryn_WilliamsDecember 29, 2009
Last month the esteemed editors and editresses at Time magazine named the first ten years of the 21st century "the worst decade ever." Maybe they weren't feelin' fine in 2009, but there was one group of Mad Men who brought it... More  →
Best Commercials of 2009