Skip over navigation

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 28, 2010
This playlist is called Music For Females in an Un-Troubled Mood (sorry all you manklers out there) by iWANTcereal. "Gypsy Girl" by Winterplay "Chocolate High" by India Arie ft. Musiq Soulchild "Oh My Lover" by Hutchinson "Gracias" by Dadalu "Touche Mon... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 28, 2010
Today's pick was sent in by pink_diamond6483, and it terrifies me with it's sheer size. Why? Because I, as a completely-ignorant-about-Lady-Gaga person, am amazed at the amount of people they got to memorize all these songs. It's...like they all banded together to start... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for December 28

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 28, 2010
bookworm385 spotted this sign in an airport and took a shine to #61, for obvious reasons. We had to Google item #63 (just so you know, a sniglet is defined as "any word that doesn't appear in the dictionary, but should) but #66... More  →
Open Thread for December 28

Reflecting on 2010: NaNoWriMo Made Me Go Crazy

By ContributorDecember 27, 2010
WeDidntStartTheFire, we admire you. Even if you did turn into a lunatic. —Sparkitors You, dear Sparkler, must know what NaNoWriMo is. If you don’t, you must live under a rock. In which case, you wouldn’t even be reading this, unless you’re... More  →
Reflecting on 2010: NaNoWriMo Made Me Go Crazy

A Day in the Life of a Competitive Equestrian

_LadyM_ wakes up at 3 o'clock. IN THE MORNING. It hurts us just to think about it.—Sparkitors Horses are my life—and I say that without a hint of exaggeration. I ride 7 days a week, and when... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Competitive Equestrian

Important SparkLife Announcements

By Emily WinterDecember 27, 2010
Sparklers! It's the holiday season, and here at SparkLife we're all running around like editors with their heads cut off BECAUSE, in addition to having some vacation days to slow us down, GARY IS EATING EVERYTHING. He is a fungus who cannot be stopped. He... More  →
Important SparkLife Announcements

What Does Your Favorite Pie Say About You?

PIE! PIE! PIE! (This post is by absterlyholt.) —Sparkitors The holiday season ends January 2, and the majority of us are still loosening our belts and piling our plates high with delicious turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, potatoes, and the most important (and tasty) dessert,... More  →
What Does Your Favorite Pie Say About You?

Cartoons That Make Us Miss Being a Kid

Mochalatte7362 just wants to go back to those golden days of her youth and watch endless amounts of cartoons—and we can definitely empathize.—Sparkitors This weekend, Facebook was covered in profile pictures of everyone's favorite childhood cartoons (as a show... More  →
Cartoons That Make Us Miss Being a Kid

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 27, 2010
Today's playlist was sent in by cami161718 and it's all songs for "when you're feeling calm and happy." "Savannah" by Relient K "Birds" by Deas Vail "Fresh Pair of Eyes" by Brooke Waggoner "Talk" by... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 27, 2010
Today's pick was sent in by an anonymous Sparkler, and we want you all to know that we are in no way at all advocating that you go take people's food. But still, this is just incredibly amusing for two reasons: 1) It has subtitles, and... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day