Skip over navigation

Health Class Survival Guide

By Dan_BergsteinOctober 8, 2009
We hope our Gym Class Survival Guide made P.E. a bit more bearable. Now, per peaceonearth34's great suggestion, we turn our attention to the only other class known for making students feel nauseous and sweaty: Health Class. Depending on your school, Health... More  →
Health Class Survival Guide

How to Stay Awake in Class (or: Wasabi, Wedgies, and Whacks in the Face!)

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 8, 2009
It can strike at any time. One minute, you’re comfortably seated in the biology classroom, pen at the ready, listening attentively to Mr. Snickerbottom’s educational monologue on annelid mating activity in the subterranean Congo… …and the next, you’re jolting awake with ink on your face, drool... More  →
How to Stay Awake in Class (or: Wasabi, Wedgies, and Whacks in the Face!)

Weather Girl From Across the World

By ContributorOctober 8, 2009
Sparkler Tinessael wrote to us from Estonia. Her English is fantastic, and we love her (wet and foggy) point of view. —SparkNotes editors The last 18 years of my life I’ve spent living in the small country of Estonia (which recently became... More  →
Weather Girl From Across the World

Blogging New Moon: Part 25

By Dan_BergsteinOctober 7, 2009
This is Dan's final post on New Moon. It went by so fast, didn't it? Before he gathers his courage and dives into the next book, he's going to do a live chat on Facebook! Details will be announced soon; start making a list of... More  →
Blogging New Moon: Part 25

"Awesome Teacher" Is Not an Oxymoron

By Kathryn_WilliamsOctober 7, 2009
Sparkler spasc645 made an excellent point on last week's post about awful teacher types. While making fun of teachers is kind of our bread and butter here at SparkLife (they're just such easy targets),... More  →

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterOctober 7, 2009
Music! Dancing! Magic! Hogwarts! There are a million reasons to love this week's Awesome Thing, A Very Potter Musical. And how could we NOT post it as Awesome Thing, especially when we've been asked to by no fewer than five separate Sparklers (most recently, the aptly-named... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Are You Too Old To Trick-or-Treat?

By laura_buchholzOctober 7, 2009
Yes. If you are reading this, you are probably  too old, and likely, you already knew that. But maybe you’re still not sure. Maybe you already have your spider costume and your bag all ready and you’ve been mapping out the good candy houses with... More  →
Are You Too Old To Trick-or-Treat?

Auntie SparkNotes: The Unattainable Crush (or, Jack Ryan Will Emotionally Cripple You)

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 7, 2009
We're almost done with this week's advice-giving marathon! Today, a classic romantic conundrum: Okay. So I have just started my freshmen year of high school, so there are a lot of new guys around. There's this one who I have taken a bit of a fancy... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Unattainable Crush (or, Jack Ryan Will Emotionally Cripple You)

"It's Not a Big Deal," and Other Annoying Things Friends Say When You're Upset

By Katie_RolnickOctober 7, 2009
Let's say you just found out that your crush has asked someone else to Homecoming. Or maybe you just got back your algebra midterm and you did wayyyy worse than you expected (and you didn't expect to do that great). Or maybe you just dropped... More  →

Can a High Schooler Hack It In College Classes?

By ContributorOctober 7, 2009
Sparkler nednettinc weighs in on the community college scene from the unique perspective of a high school student. Enjoy! —SparkNotes Editors Highlighters + Facebook + Skittles = College. Let me clarify. I am a high school senior taking two community college classes. A typical... More  →
Can a High Schooler Hack It In College Classes?