Skip over navigation

Take Your Fictional Love Public

By ContributorJanuary 13, 2010
Fictional love has been a theme on SparkLife ever since this post popped up. Now, iluvfacetouching tells us how to handle these not-so-real relationships. —SparkNotes editors Those who don’t understand fictional crushes think it's insane to be obsessed with characters who aren't... More  →
Take Your Fictional Love Public

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterJanuary 13, 2010
Okay, we must first address Store Wars, last week's Awesome Thing, because there were so many 10s in the comments that we seriously thought Cuke Skywalker was gonna pop the top off The Scale of Awesomeness. And he almost did. Store Wars, brought... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Your Friend, the Quote Machine

By EmmaJanuary 13, 2010
You know your friend Josh, the one who compulsively quotes stuff? The one who, in the past week alone, has said: * "I still can't believe Tia dumped me. 'Why does love always feel like a battlefield'?" * "'In-a my country, they would go crazy for these... More  →
Your Friend, the Quote Machine

A Day in the Life of a Catholic School Girl

By ContributorJanuary 13, 2010
Sparkler KoontzRocks was inspired by the recent post A Day in the Life of a Public School Kid, and wrote her own tale of life at an all-girls school. Enjoy! —Sparknotes editors 6:45 a.m. Owl City blares out of my... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Catholic School Girl

How to Be the Worst Road Trip Partner Ever

By Kathryn_WilliamsJanuary 13, 2010
Nothing is more fun in high school than hitting the open road with your besties. You're Thelma and Louise, Smokey and the Bandit, Britney and that girl from Hustle and Flow. It doesn't matter where... More  →
How to Be the Worst Road Trip Partner Ever

5 Types of School Dance Dances

By Nate DernJanuary 13, 2010
Ah, the school dance! The only school-sanctioned activity where physical contact (other than two-hand touch football in P.E. class) is actually allowed. Whether it's a small Sadie Hawkins fundraiser dance in the gym, or a spectacularly decorated Under The Sea themed Prom in...the gym...school dances... More  →
5 Types of School Dance Dances

Auntie SparkNotes: Witty Comebacks for Malodorous Jerks

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 13, 2010
Dear Auntie SparkNotes, I am a sophomore at high school, and right now it's not so great there. These two boys keep on picking on me, trying to embarrass me, then saying I'm awkward when it works, which it always does. They will say things like... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Witty Comebacks for Malodorous Jerks

Blank vs. Blank: A Rivalry Breakdown

By Julie KrautJanuary 13, 2010
Entertainment Weekly recently put Lady Gaga and Ke$ha head to head to see who would win in a female pop icon cage match. It got us thinking about rivalries and how high school is the ultimate breeding ground for them. Here are a... More  →
Blank vs. Blank: A Rivalry Breakdown

5 Cures for Writer's Block

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 13, 2010
It happens to the best of us: You’ve got a paper due in 9 hours, a Pulitzer Prize-winning novel to finish, or a grade-making presentation to write, and the only thing you can manage to type is your name. Is it because you’re a huge... More  →
5 Cures for Writer's Block

The Five Types of Science Fair Students

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 13, 2010
If you've attended school any time between now and, oh, 1950, you're undoubtedly familiar with the unique stench of Science Fair—a noxious odor that's equal parts formaldehyde, Sharpie marker, baking soda... plus a drop or two of screaming terror (invariably, one not-so-science-inclined student realizes that... More  →
The Five Types of Science Fair Students