Skip over navigation

Train Travel Trips

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 20, 2009
Earlier this week, we provided you with a few handy tips for keeping yourself sane and entertained on your family's Turkey Day road trip. We hope you'll use and enjoy them all when you're safely ensconced in the backseat, as the family minivan trundles... More  →
Train Travel Trips

Blogging Eclipse: Part 3

By Dan_BergsteinNovember 19, 2009
Chapter Three: Motives Better Title: Jacob Black's Guide To Gettin' It Done Jacob "The Thunder" Black rides again! And when he makes his triumphant return, not only does he mock Edward, but he parks his motorcycle on the school's sidewalk. Why? Because this warrior plays by his... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 3

Because "My Dog Ate My Homework" Just Won’t Cut It

By Ashley SpencerNovember 19, 2009
You're late. And you don't have the assignment. Who knows why? Maybe you didn't want to get out of bed. Maybe you were too busy to find out the answer to x=n4 because you were at the New Moon premier, shaking with an intense excitement.... More  →
Because

Auntie SparkNotes: Stage Fright

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 19, 2009
Dear Auntie SparkNotes, My problem, though compared to some of the stuff other people write to you about, this might seem kinda silly, but here goes. I was asked in class to read out the answer to a question. I was supposed to stand up and... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Stage Fright

Band vs. Choir: The Ultimate Showdown

By laura_buchholzNovember 19, 2009
Would you rather lug a 50-pound baritone sax on and off the school bus twice a day for four years, or put on a sparkly vest every weekend and strut around on a stage doing “jazz hands”? Most people know without thinking about it which... More  →
Band vs. Choir: The Ultimate Showdown

The Cram Jam Playlist

By Kia WoodNovember 19, 2009
It’s 4 a.m. You look out the window and can see the night slowly fading into the morning...possibly. It also might be a hallucination. After all, you’ve been staring at your textbooks for the past six hours, watching the letters dance around on the pages,... More  →
The Cram Jam Playlist

First They Came for the Meepers, and I Said Nothing

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 19, 2009
The Anti-Fun Brigade is coming, and they want your gibberish. In Boston, a high school principal has threatened students with suspension if they say a certain word, a shocking word, a word so dangerous that we are not sure we can even permit it... More  →
First They Came for the Meepers, and I Said Nothing

You—Yes, You!—Can Do Forensics

By Jon_SkindzierNovember 19, 2009
Much to the confusion of every debater's uncles and grandparents, the word "forensics" means both "Legal/Investigative Sciences" and "Speech and Debate." This post is about the latter activity. If you hate public speaking but like dead bodies, then, uh, you should... More  →
You—Yes, You!—Can Do Forensics

The Top 10 Things You'll Learn at Your First Job

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 19, 2009
Unless you’re an inexplicably wealthy vampire, Paris Hilton, or a wildly successful freelance writer earning a cool six bucks a week, chances are you’re gonna have to get a job. And since you’re in high school and have no real skills to speak of,... More  →
The Top 10 Things You'll Learn at Your First Job

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterNovember 18, 2009
Thought you got over DisneyWorld or DisneyLand when you turned ten? So did we, Sparklers, so did we... ...But then we saw the video after the jump, and we were re-charmed by the magic of Disney. Check out the technique called tilt-shift, which makes... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week