Skip over navigation

Signs u r a Digital Addict

By Rupinder_GillAugust 10, 2009

Social media addicts everywhere were frenzied last week when hackers hit Twitter and Facebook, causing delays on both sites. The attack not only delayed our scheduled superpoking, it illustrated just how dependent we’ve become on online interaction. In case you’re too busy tweeting to

... More  →
Signs u r a Digital Addict

Blogging New Moon: Part 8

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 7, 2009
Chapter Eight: Adrenaline Better Title: The Adventures of Bossy Bella and Jacob the Shirtless Wonder Bella is anxious to ride her motorcycle for the first time. Jacob makes sure she knows where the brakes, gear shifts, and clutch are located before letting her drive. She's scared, but... More  →
Blogging New Moon: Part 8

What High School’s REALLY Like: Chris Shares Six and a Half Memories

By Chris_DikenAugust 7, 2009
In the town where I grew up, 8th through 12th grades were (and still are, to my knowledge) grouped together in the same outdated building. That means my freshman year proper (that is, 9th grade) wasn’t so monumental. But the jump into 8th grade was... More  →
What High School’s REALLY Like: Chris Shares Six and a Half Memories

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterAugust 7, 2009
Welcome, and Happy Friday to you! It's taken a lot to get through this week, what with school looming and all. But we're here (hooray!), and that's because of dedication, which is the theme of the week! Most Dedicated Student Award/Awesome Nickname Points... More  →
The Friday Awards

Cute Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterAugust 7, 2009
We can't stop with the puppies because the puppies can't stop being so frackin' cute! I mean, these puppies are hugging! Hugging!!! The brown one is Ivy, and the white one is Wally, and they are BFFs. So what do you have to say about these... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

To Moon, Or Not to Moon?

By Katie_RolnickAugust 7, 2009
When we get upset, we want to throw a tantrum, scream, throw things, and generally behave like an insane person. But sometimes, such tactics can backfire. For those moments when a tantrum will cost you more than you're willing to give up, we... More  →
To Moon, Or Not to Moon?

The Breakup Playlist

By ContributorAugust 7, 2009
Sparkler WishYouWereMe is good at seeing the bright side of a bad relationship: a great playlist of her favorite pop music! —SparkNotes Editors Most MSGs (My Summer Guy) do not last. In fact, a typical MSG is gone by Labor Day. (MSG also stands... More  →
The Breakup Playlist

Band of the Week: Pomplamoose

By Jonathan_FlaxAugust 7, 2009
Our latest band of the week comes courtesy of yet another yet another Sparkler recommendation. (Not bad, Sparklers. First you inspire the Band of the Week feature to begin with. Now you’re suggesting the great bands we should select. It’s all going according to plan!) Taking... More  →
Band of the Week: Pomplamoose

Chris Listens: Scars, Commas, Sports, and a Guy Named Moe

By Chris_DikenAugust 7, 2009
The first week of August is just about over, and it has been brought to my attention that many of you will be returning to school soon. I am truly sorry about this. If it were up to me, summer would continue forever, and we’d... More  →

Twilight for Zombies and Other Monsters

By Joe_LynchAugust 7, 2009
What’s the best way to get rich? Get a job? Come up with a brilliant idea? No way! Those things are far too practical and time-consuming. We recommend ripping off an idea that’s already proved it’s worth millions. The Twilight series, for instance—how hard could... More  →
Twilight for Zombies and Other Monsters