Skip over navigation

Top 10 Magazines of 2009

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 31, 2009
Thanks to the internet, and a tough economy, print magazines are dying. It's sad. But there are still plenty of great periodicals on the rack that will entertain, inform, and help you pass the time as you wait for your cell phone to recharge. Here... More  →
Top 10 Magazines of 2009

Auntie SparkNotes: To Booze, or Not to Booze

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 31, 2009
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I'm a senior in high school. When I was first starting high school, I promised myself that I wouldn't drink in high school. So far, so good! However, I'm starting to get my college acceptance letters, and I feel as if it's time... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: To Booze, or Not to Booze

New Year's Nuisances

By ContributorDecember 31, 2009
Sparkler rebel_of_nowhere says she's never been a fan of New Year's, and this is her list of all the things that drive her nuts about it! —SparkNotes editors Things I dislike about New Year's: 1. The post-New Year's exhaustion of the next morning. 2. Cleaning up... More  →
 New Year's Nuisances

Top 100 SparkLife Posts 2009: The Top 10!

By Emily WinterDecember 31, 2009
We've been counting down the Top 100 SparkLife Posts of the year, and now that midnight is just a few hours away, we're ready to unveil the top ten! Post rankings are based on comments, page views, and LOLs. In the event of ties, we force... More  →
Top 100 SparkLife Posts 2009: The Top 10!

13 Resolutions That Will Bring You Bad Luck in 2010

By Ashley SpencerDecember 31, 2009
Every year, millions of fat Americans resolve to lose weight. This year, they are chanting "Thin again in 2010." This is just one example of the resolutions people make every year and then never keep. At the end of the year, most people weigh the... More  →
13 Resolutions That Will Bring You Bad Luck in 2010

Worst Commercials of 2009

By Kathryn_WilliamsDecember 31, 2009
When you hear the words "and now a word from our sponsors," do you run screaming from the room shouting "why, Eywa, why?" When the announcer says "more after this commercial break," do you challenge him to a duel? When you're... More  →
Worst Commercials of 2009

The Cringe List

By Kia WoodDecember 31, 2009
In an effort to purge ourselves of all negativity before we ring in 2010, we’ve come up with 22 things we really can’t stand. We want to know if you feel the same way, too. Do you cringe when... 1. You stay up late, and then... More  →
The Cringe List

Top 100 SparkLife Posts of 2009: 50-11

By Emily WinterDecember 31, 2009
Our countdown of the Top 100 SparkLife Posts of 2009 continues with posts 50-11. Stay tuned; the top 10 posts of the year are coming later today! Have you been missing our countdown?! *GASPS* Oh em jeepers. Well, you can click these links to see posts More  →
Top 100 SparkLife Posts of 2009: 50-11

Dealing with the Relatives

We think Sparkler ReannaTheElf is the most clever elf there ever was! (Seriously, she could teach a college-level course on getting rid of annoying people.) —SparkNotes editors School is out, holiday break is underway, and you're probably losing your mind from having two weeks... More  →
Dealing with the Relatives

Make More Noise at Midnight!

We asked Sparkler Tanya_v for her tips on making noise at midnight. Now if you'll excuse us, we're off round up some safety pins! —SparkNotes editors It’s New Year’s, and your house is filled with relatives, friends, casual acquaintances, and everyone else your parents... More  →
Make More Noise at Midnight!