Skip over navigation

Auntie SparkNotes: Hey, Jealousy!

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 4, 2010
Auntie Sparks, I have this really great girlfriend. We have no flaws in our relationship aside from my own. I'm incredibly jealous. It's gotten to the point where I convinced myself that if my girlfriend went to see a play in which her ex played the... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Hey, Jealousy!

January Horoscopes

By Dan_BergsteinJanuary 4, 2010
Is your year going to start with a bang, or a whimper? Read your January horoscopes to learn the completely accurate truth. Aries (March 21 – April 19) Revolving doors will cause panic. Piggyback rides make great, cheap gifts. You will find the true meaning of love... More  →
January Horoscopes

Ten 2010 Movies We Can't Wait to See

By Dan_BergsteinJanuary 1, 2010
We think 2010 will be a great year for movies. Here are the 10 we're most excited to see: 10. Alice in Wonderland The first trailer did nothing for us. But the second one looks pretty great, and reveals more information about the plot. (It... More  →
Ten 2010 Movies We Can't Wait to See

Chris Listens: Fizzling Relationships, Religious Divides, and Dating Tomboys

By Chris_DikenJanuary 1, 2010
Happy 2010, Sparklers! It’s been a great year so far. I’ve successfully eaten breakfast, cleaned up about half the dishes, and soon I might even brush my teeth. And that will take care of all my resolutions for the next 12 months. Well, my... More  →
Chris Listens: Fizzling Relationships, Religious Divides, and Dating Tomboys

New Year's Goal #17: Get My Own Talk Show

By ContributorJanuary 1, 2010
Sparkler synchrogirl117, we believe you can fly. :) —SparkNotes editors There are certain things everyone wishes they could do.  For example, I want to be a Jedi/Okapi trainer/glass blower, but that's not going to happen overnight. New Year's Day is a great time to set goals and... More  →
New Year's Goal #17: Get My Own Talk Show

Retronyms: The Coolest New-Old Words

By Katie_RolnickJanuary 1, 2010
If you haven't figured it out by now, we here at Sparknotes are giant word-nerds—and we know you guys are too. We love everything related to words: dictionaries, etymology, synonyms, antonyms...and retronyms! What are retronyms, you ask? Here's how they work: As... More  →
Retronyms: The Coolest New-Old Words

To Tweet or Not To Tweet?

By Nate DernJanuary 1, 2010
In certain circles, whenever you do anything, no matter how mundane or magnificent, you must ask yourself this question: Should I tweet about this? The long-term effects of a generation of young people asking themselves that question ten thousand times a day are yet to... More  →
To Tweet or Not To Tweet?

Best Rumors of 2009

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 31, 2009
With so many gossip websites popping up, it's easier than ever to keep tabs on who's dating whom, and which reality TV star gained 4 lbs. While some of the stories are true, most are simply well-orchestrated lies that entice readers to click links. After... More  →
Best Rumors of 2009

Top 10 Magazines of 2009

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 31, 2009
Thanks to the internet, and a tough economy, print magazines are dying. It's sad. But there are still plenty of great periodicals on the rack that will entertain, inform, and help you pass the time as you wait for your cell phone to recharge. Here... More  →
Top 10 Magazines of 2009

Auntie SparkNotes: To Booze, or Not to Booze

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 31, 2009
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I'm a senior in high school. When I was first starting high school, I promised myself that I wouldn't drink in high school. So far, so good! However, I'm starting to get my college acceptance letters, and I feel as if it's time... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: To Booze, or Not to Booze