Skip over navigation

When Life Gives You Lemons, Do You Throw Them in Life's Face?

By Katie_RolnickFebruary 11, 2010
There are all sorts of preferences that define you: the type of music you listen to, your clothing preferences, even the state of your locker. But when it comes down to it, there are really only two kinds of people: optimists and pessimists.... More  →
When Life Gives You Lemons, Do You Throw Them in Life's Face?

Are You Having Trouble Logging In/Commenting?

By EmmaFebruary 11, 2010
Hi, Sparklers! We've been having some tech problems over the past few days, and we're a little mystified (maybe snow got into the servers?). If you are having trouble logging in, 1. We're so sorry 2. Would you do us a huge favor and email comments@sparknotes.com? You... More  →
Are You Having Trouble Logging In/Commenting?

Fill-in-the-Blank Valentine for...Your Lazy Crush

By Kathryn_WilliamsFebruary 11, 2010
Is your crush the kind of guy/girl who's too lazy to capitalize letters, upload pics to FB, or put Doritos in a bowl? No problem: just give him/her this valentine. All s/he has to do is circle words. Hi. Please circle yes or no. Do you... More  →
Fill-in-the-Blank Valentine for...Your Lazy Crush

What It's Like to Live In...Beijing

By ContributorFebruary 10, 2010
After reading this post from Sparkler hanini_panini, we're considering starting a new website, WhatItsLiketoLiveinBeijingbyHaniniPanini.com. The name might need work. —SparkNotes editors Aloha, fellow Sparklers! (Or should I say, ni hao!) Today, I'd like to introduce you to the country where I live...*Insert... More  →
What It's Like to Live In...Beijing

A Typical Visit to the School Nurse

By Jon_SkindzierFebruary 10, 2010
Ahh, the school nurse! Visiting him/her is an experience with all the dignity of medical prodding and all the fun of nobody believing you're sick. This exciting ordeal awaits you every single time you need two Advil, because trying to bring your own will cause... More  →
A Typical Visit to the School Nurse

What Your Second Language Says About You

By Kathryn_WilliamsFebruary 10, 2010
Most high schools require you to studying a second language. It's just one of those joys of adolescence, along with algebraic equations and the sit and reach. Some students are stuck with their language (Latin, anyone?), but if you're lucky, you get to... More  →
What Your Second Language Says About You

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterFebruary 10, 2010
Wizards meet owls! More specifically, Harry Potter meets Owl City! Do you think the vid below is so clever, adorable, and amazing, or are you ready to set loose a bunch of vintage-looking, fire-spitting, evil robots in Owl City's Minnesota bedroom because you hate... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Creative Ways to Tell Your Crush How You Feel

By Nate DernFebruary 10, 2010
Hmm, what’s that smell in the air? A mixture of freshly cut flowers, chocolate box cardboard, and greeting card adhesive? Why, that can only mean one thing: Valentine’s Day. This can very easily be a time of tremendous pressure in the life of a high... More  →
Creative Ways to Tell Your Crush How You Feel

My Crush Is an Anime Boy

By ContributorFebruary 10, 2010
Sparklers XxBloodyYukixX and fellytone both wrote a post around the same time about having a crush on (some of the same) anime characters, so we’ve combined them both into one monster-long ode to anime post! —SparkNotes editors From XxBloodyYukixX: Most people... More  →
My Crush Is an Anime Boy

Auntie SparkNotes: Sex-Seeking Beasts of Hornitude

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 10, 2010
Hey Auntie! I have been in a relationship with a very sweet girl for about two months now, she is 16 and I am 17 (although the grade difference is 10th-12th). I have never been in a fight with her, and she is very mature and... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Sex-Seeking Beasts of Hornitude