Skip over navigation

Your Relationships, As Illustrated by Phineas and Ferb

By ContributorSeptember 17, 2010
friendlydragonett could probably write a graduate school thesis on Phineas & Ferb. —Sparkitors Okay, I know Phineas & Ferb is a kids' show, but can you really blame me for loving it? With catchy tunes and dangerous platupi... More  →
Your Relationships, As Illustrated by Phineas and Ferb

How to Get Over an Unrequited Crush

By Rachel KorowitzSeptember 17, 2010
You were her shoulder to cry on, his emergency ride to Homecoming, her shopping buddy, his movie night steady. And after you put in all the time (and the hours telepathically willing him to ask you out), he seemed like he was just about to... More  →
How to Get Over an Unrequited Crush

Careers for Gossipmongers, Hamburger Enthusiasts, and the Very, Very Tired

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 17, 2010
All over the world, at this very moment, a common exchange is taking place. Scene: A well-meaning adult begins talking to a teenager. Well-meaning adult: Hi there. Teenager: Hi. Well-meaning adult: So, what do you think you want to do after you graduate? Teenager: A career? I... um... er. (screaming... More  →
Careers for Gossipmongers, Hamburger Enthusiasts, and the Very, Very Tired

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 13

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 17, 2010
Chapter Thirteen: Good Thing I've Got a Strong Stomach Bella's Title: Air of the Wind Thankfully Bella's child grows at a rapid pace, because it's only been about a month, and already this pregnancy feels as long and tedious as an after-lunch physics class. Pop this kid... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 13

How to Sneak Out Without Getting Caught

akila613 is a master escape artist. We wonder how this Sparkler learned all these tricks...  —Sparkitors Sneaking out isn’t exactly on our parents' “Top 10 things I wish our child would do” list, but teens do it anyway. Some sneak out because it’s thrilling,... More  →
How to Sneak Out Without Getting Caught

Book Review: Uglies, by Scott Westerfeld

This books sounds great; maybe Scott Westerfeld should hire you as his publicist, Nicole-Lyn!—Sparkitors

Despite its initially off-putting title, Uglies is an awesome book full of action, romance, and cool slang words you’ll want to use in public... More  →

Book Review: Uglies, by Scott Westerfeld

Auntie SparkNotes: Driving Mister Weirdie

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 17, 2010
Weirdos in your carpool? HA! Try taking the F train to work every day! —Sparkitors Hi Auntie, I am going to a new school this year, and another person on my block goes to that school. Our moms seem to have gotten together or something and are... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Driving Mister Weirdie

Open Thread for September 17

By Emily WinterSeptember 17, 2010

This is what life looked like 6 weeks ago.

Now, we've got storms, cold fronts, and tornadoes in Brooklyn and Queens!

The Mystery Sparkler who sent this lovely pic said...

"I was doing some really boring housework when I saw a gigantic butterfly. I

... More  →
Open Thread for September 17

The Ellie Report: Our Fictitious Sparkler Soulmates

By ContributorSeptember 16, 2010
Ellielikespie, we think your picks are right on the money. Especially if we're talkin' bout this Mercutio.—Sparkitors It's a truth universally acknowledged that an awesome nerd in possession of a large brain must be in want of a... More  →
The Ellie Report: Our Fictitious Sparkler Soulmates

How to Tackle Your Pimple Project

By Ashley SpencerSeptember 16, 2010
Zits make 99.9 percent of the teenage population crazy. To those lucky .1 percent of humans that don’t have acne, we hate you! (JK, we love you, but stop showing us your dimples and pore-free noses; it’s borderline offensive). Acne is never easy, but... More  →
How to Tackle Your Pimple Project