Skip over navigation

Stock Characters on the City Bus

By Robert IsenbergMarch 3, 2010
People have to get around, and not all of us have cars (especially those of us who live in a city). For people-watchers, public transport is a blessing in disguise. And no matter where you go, there are some stock characters you might run into—on the... More  →
Stock Characters on the City Bus

Where Are They Now? Literary Character Edition

By ContributorMarch 3, 2010
This über-clever post combines our favorite literature and those addicting Vh1 shows. Nice work, LadyLeafdawn! —SparkNotes editors We hear stories about fictional characters all the time. The characters capture our interest as we turn the pages or sit glued to the television screen, completely... More  →
Where Are They Now? Literary Character Edition

Auntie SparkNotes: The Quiet American Werewolf in Lab Goggles

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 3, 2010
Dear Auntie Sparknotes: My science table sits four people. Three of us chit and chat most of the time, laugh and carry on and it's all fun and games. We help each other (okay the smart ones do the work and the dumb one *cough*me*cough* tries... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Quiet American Werewolf in Lab Goggles

A Sparkly Pep Talk

Sparkler nonamejoetoaster reminds us that we can all use a little pick-me-up now and then, especially when our friends, parents, and SO are all being dumbheads at the same time. —SparkNotes editors Here's my list of ways to feel better about yourself: 1. Stop caring... More  →
A Sparkly Pep Talk

Field Notes on the Professorius Secondarius

By Kathryn_WilliamsMarch 3, 2010
Behold the species Professorius secondarius, colloquially known as the "high school teacher." Students have been trying to unlock the mysteries of this capricious animal for centuries, hoping to tame or even domesticate the Professorius for their own uses. Thus far, extra credit, shiny... More  →
Field Notes on the Professorius Secondarius

The Lazy Sparkler's Guide to Cleaning Your Room

We have to clean our rooms today in preparation for weekend guests. This post couldn't have come at a better time. Thanks, Sakeller92! —SparkNotes editors Like most teenagers I know, I have an innate inability to keep my room neat. It’s not like I... More  →
The Lazy Sparkler's Guide to Cleaning Your Room

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterMarch 3, 2010
Okay, okay, okay, we'll put up the t-shirt video! This vid is hot hot hot in the world of Sparklers Who Email Us Stuff. ...And it makes us want to go shopping for silly t-shirts. Therefore, we love it, but our wallets do NOT. What do you think... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Things You Might Find When You're Feeling Around Under Your Car Seats for an Ice Scraper

By Chelsea DaggerMarch 3, 2010
You might see the title of this post and think to yourselves, “WHY IS THIS EVEN A POST. WHY.” To which we might respond, “WE HAVE NO IDEA. NO IDEA.” Sometimes there ain’t no reason to our rhyme, Sparklers. So just put that desk chair... More  →
Things You Might Find When You're Feeling Around Under Your Car Seats for an Ice Scraper

The Day I Hung Out with RPatz

By Ashley SpencerMarch 3, 2010
I’ve had brief encounters with Ben Affleck, Hayden Christensen, *NSync, Chubby Checker, and Bozo the Clown. During all of these encounters, I was your typically crazy fan-girl. For an *NSync sound check, I snuck into the venue early and tried approaching Justin Timberlake. I got... More  →
The Day I Hung Out with RPatz

Open Thread for March 3

By Emily WinterMarch 3, 2010
We love this pic from Sparkler AnnelaLauren. In fact, we wish we could be editor bots today so we could go on autopilot. Our humanoid selves are a little shaken up after finally seeing Avatar last night. (I know, we're way behind.) We... More  →
Open Thread for March 3