Search Menu
Menu

You Know You're From Richmond When...

By ContributorMay 20, 2011
We feel your pain on embarrassing local commercials, dac213—one of us hails from the hometown of Eagleman! –Sparkitors For a while it seemed like my city and its surrounding counties were being sadly neglected by this series. Was there nobody even remotely... More  →
You Know You're From Richmond When...

Choco-holics UNITE!

FairytalesCo, we couldn't agree with you more: chocolate is our king.—Sparkitors My dear, dear Sparklers. I am immensely disappointed in you. WHY DOES NOBODY APPRECIATE CHOCOLATE?!!! That glorious, wonderful food, equally tasty whether it’s white or dark. My friends, your punishment... More  →
Choco-holics UNITE!

Fin! My French Adventure Comes To An End

LadyM's study abroad experience in France draws to a close—but she loved every minute!—Sparkitors It started. The beginning of the end. And then, before I knew it, it was the end of the end. And then it was past the end, and I... More  →
Fin! My French Adventure Comes To An End

Open Thread for May 20

By Emily WinterMay 20, 2011
THIS IS SPARKY, MY FAVORITE PERSON IN THE WOOORLD. Here is a list of things my dog Sparky can do: -Wait for me by the door while I'm at SparkNotes (pictured above). -Hide bones in my bed while I'm at SparkNotes. -Everything else. Also, he has six Nobel Prizes... More  →
Open Thread for May 20

Blogging Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

By Dan_BergsteinMay 19, 2011
Chapter One: The Worst Birthday Better Title: You Can Skip This Chapter One book down, six to go. Book 2, which in America is titled "Harry Potter and the Room of Things," is yet another Scooby-Doo mystery. I'll try to go through this one as fast... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Why I Appreciate My Fellow Sparklers

By ContributorMay 19, 2011
Chabelinni's feeling the love. We're feeling indigestion. But this isn't about us. —Sparkitors *confetti canons* *apparates into the article* HIYA Sparknation! Here is your charming hostess Chabelinni (with a double n, not a double l) about to speak about US. Yes, we, Sparklers and Manklers and... More  →
Why I Appreciate My Fellow Sparklers

Auntie SparkNotes: Singing the Blues

By kat_rosenfieldMay 19, 2011
Dear Auntie, I've grown up in a musical family. My parents met when they worked for the same opera company, and I've basically been singing since I came out of the womb. I've taken voice lessons for eight years, and I just absolutely love it, and... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Singing the Blues

Green Day, I Love You

By ContributorMay 19, 2011
This Anonymous Sparkler definitely deserves a signed guitar, we think! —Sparkitors Well, many of you are gonna think I am crazy. I will just come out right now and totally agree with you. Whats the thing that I appreciate most you may ask? Well,... More  →
Green Day, I Love You

Reward Offered to Anyone Who Can Explain Pirates of the Caribbean 3

By Dan_BergsteinMay 19, 2011
In honor of Appreciation Week, here is one thing I’m very appreciative of: coherent storytelling. Here’s something I’m not appreciative of: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End, the third Pirates movie. If you, or anyone you know, can explain the entire plot of this... More  →
Reward Offered to Anyone Who Can Explain Pirates of the Caribbean 3

The (Not So) Bloody Ending

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMay 19, 2011
It's 3 weeks, 4 days, 20 hours, and 40 minutes until prom, but only one chapter until this book is over. Is it just me, or does the author still have a lot of ground to cover? Given her exceedingly slow pace, I sense a... More  →
The (Not So) Bloody Ending