Skip over navigation

Get Back Into School Mode

By Rupinder_GillAugust 19, 2009

It’s coming, Sparklers. Next month, school will be back in session for most of you. The rest of you have already started! Will you be ready? In case you’re worried about not being able to snap

... More  →
Get Back Into School Mode

Important Breaking News

By EmmaAugust 19, 2009
Sparklers, orangecrush23 has made a comment so earth-shattering, so historic, that it simply couldn't wait for the Friday Awards. She has linked to what are clearly The Most Important Shoes in the History of All Things (science!). Prepare yourselves. After the jump, you... More  →
Important Breaking News

Blogging New Moon: Part 11

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 18, 2009
Chapter Eleven: Cult Better Title: Jacob the Jerk Bella is dealing with a lot right now. When not fretting about Victoria, she's crying over Jacob's absence. She even tells us, "I missed him horribly." At first I feel bad for her, but then I remember she rejected... More  →
Blogging New Moon: Part 11

Vintage Music Playlist

By ContributorAugust 18, 2009
Sparkler frogelishis put together a music mix of songs that will make you say, "Oh yeahhhhh, I remember that one!" Enjoy! —SparkNotes Editors Between the radio, YouTube, music blogs, and TV, it seems there's no shortage of new songs. But since we're always... More  →
Vintage Music Playlist

Four Legs Good? You Cannot Even HANDLE That Math!

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 18, 2009
Can you judge a book by its cover? Publishing giant Penguin thinks so. According to the New York Times, Penguin is repackaging a bunch of its classic literature using cover designs from contemporary artists, which (they hope) will make teens more likely to pick them... More  →
Four Legs Good? You Cannot Even HANDLE That Math!

Welcome to Class. I'm Your Teacher, Mr. Danza.

By Katie_RolnickAugust 18, 2009
How weird would it be to walk into your first day of English class and see Tony Danza, star of that awesome '80s show "Who's the Boss?" standing up front? Pretty freaking weird, right? And to make things even more odd,... More  →
Welcome to Class. I'm Your Teacher, Mr. Danza.

Band of the Week: The Jacob Jeffries Band

By Jonathan_FlaxAugust 18, 2009
Sparkler camipop suggested this week's highlighted artist: The Jacob Jeffries Band. The South Florida foursome—fronted by young Jacob, a powerpop pianist raised on The Beatles and Queen—has been gaining a steady audience over the last couple of years, with recent high-profile... More  →
Band of the Week: The Jacob Jeffries Band

Summer of Awesome, or Summer of Suck? Take Our Quiz!

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 18, 2009
August is winding down, Sparklers, and with it, your last chance to cram in a few final summer break activities before school starts again. If you've been neglecting your duty to cut loose, thinking to yourselves, “Oh, it’s only August 18th! I still have time,”... More  →
Summer of Awesome, or Summer of Suck? Take Our Quiz!

The Cutest Pets

By Matt_HunzikerAugust 18, 2009

Along with good vs. evil, hot vs. cold, and Harry Potter vs. Twilight, cat people vs. dog people is one of the most basic of rivalries. Cat people like to point out that their feline friends bathe themselves, never make

... More  →
The Cutest Pets

The Facebook Diet

By ContributorAugust 17, 2009
Sparkler thisistoomuch10 tells the story of a new kind of addiction, and how she broke her habit. Enjoy! —SparkNotes Editors We all are fully aware that all Facebook is good for is quizzes and posting endless pictures of yourself for all of your friends... More  →
The Facebook Diet