Search Menu
Menu

The DOs and DON'Ts of College Orientation Icebreakers

By ContributorJuly 18, 2011
dac213's tips are SO funny and SO true. Print them out! Tattoo them on your face! Wait, no! —Sparkitors Icebreakers of any kind are often awkward and ineffective. But the ones they make you go through at college orientation are different because you’re going... More  →
The DOs and DON'Ts of College Orientation Icebreakers

ACNE, PART II (Because We Just Can't Get Enough)

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 18, 2011
ACNE-HATERS OF THE INTERWEBZ, UNITE. Together, we form an invincible cavalry; we're a lot like Dumbledore's Army, minus the rad magic and Neville's heart-breaking good looks. But what we lack in Patronus charms and dweeby ankle-length robes, we more than make up for... More  →
ACNE, PART II (Because We Just Can't Get Enough)

Going to the Zoo? Play ZooPoints!

By Lucy HutchinsonJuly 18, 2011
Have you been to the zoo? It's good, isn't it? Animals and whatnot. But you know what makes it better? Games! Inspired by this post from back in the mists of time, we've come up with the ultimate game to play at the... More  →
Going to the Zoo? Play ZooPoints!

Open Thread for July 18

By SparkLifeJuly 18, 2011
travelwriter21 gives us a lesson in horticulture AND in manning up: This is a picture of a cactus. It lives in the desert of the southwest United States. Despite this hardship, it has still mnaged to develope  some spiky yellow flowers. Personally, I feel... More  →
Open Thread for July 18

Open Thread for July 17

By SparkLifeJuly 17, 2011
This is exactly what your Sparkitors would look like if someone turned us into small knit animals. But which Sparkitor is which animal??? That is what you must decide in the comments. ... More  →
Open Thread for July 17

Open Thread for July 16

By SparkLifeJuly 16, 2011
It's summer, and it's Saturday! Time to throw on your preppiest sweater and pearl earrings and eat ice cream under a palm tree! ... More  →
Open Thread for July 16

Blogging Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

By Dan_BergsteinJuly 15, 2011
Chapter Seven: The Boggart in the Wardrobe Better Title: The "Boggart" in the "Wardrobe." (Doesn't that sound like a euphemism?) Lupin is moving up on my list of favorite characters, and not just because I have an affinity for were-culture. This chapter features the famous Boggart scene, in... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Polished, Pink, and Preppy

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 15, 2011
In order to fully assimilate into my new home state, I am making a special effort to Do Connecticut Things—like eating white clam pizza, and pretending I don't like the Yankees, and attending Sunday polo matches where everyone dresses up in their preppy finery and... More  →
Polished, Pink, and Preppy

How to Give Yourself an Old-Fashioned Makeover (Or Die Trying)

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJuly 15, 2011
Modern makeovers are so easy and pain-free, they hardly present a challenge at all. Heck, anyone can buy some eyeliner, concealer, and new shoes. What you need is a challenge; something to return you to those times when makeovers required grit, determination, and just a... More  →
How to Give Yourself an Old-Fashioned Makeover (Or Die Trying)

Auntie SparkNotes: Sixteen and Pregnant

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 15, 2011
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, So, let's get to the point: I'm 16 years old and 7 months knocked up with a girl, her name will be Elaine Rose. My mom wanted to name her Gracie Lynette, which I think is terrible, but that is beside the point.... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Sixteen and Pregnant