Menu

"Don't Plague My House, Bro": Romeo + Juliet Movie Discussion

By Dan_BergsteinFebruary 23, 2011
Have you watched Baz Luhrmann’s version of Romeo + Juliet? If not, we’re kicking you out of the SparkNotes Movie Club. Please turn in your sash, parakeet, and helmet. To those who participated in the movie club, you are wonderful, and we’re naming... More  →
"Don't Plague My House, Bro": Romeo + Juliet Movie Discussion

How to Ruin a First Date

By Melissa AlbertFebruary 23, 2011
It’s funny how the ingredients for a perfect date are actually the exact same ingredients for a disastrously terrible date. HAHAHA! Except, less funny when you’re on fire owing to romantic candlelight and still hacking up soggy stacks of bad love poems you mistook for... More  →
How to Ruin a First Date

Auntie SparkNotes: Education Ultimatums

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 23, 2011
Dear Auntie SparkNotes, I'm a high school student and recently I've stumbled upon a most grave problem. My grades are excellent (straight As for as long as I can remember), I participate in a wide variety of extracurricular activities, and I'm an all-around good student. Unfortunately,... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Education Ultimatums

Surviving the Earthquake in Christchurch, New Zealand

By ContributorFebruary 23, 2011
All our thoughts are with kwuel and everyone else in Christchurch!—Sparkitors I live in Christchurch, New Zealand. If you've watched the news in the last day or so, you've... More  →
Surviving the Earthquake in Christchurch, New Zealand

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 23, 2011
We predicted that last week's clip wouldn't disappoint you, and we were right; it scored a solid 9.33. This week's video, submitted by FrolickingSheep, is pretty much the definition of "badass;" an ordinary girl/ ninja-in-training not... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 23, 2011
Today's playlist, by flyergirl13, has multiple themes. Long Road Trip Songs "Life is a Highway" by Rascal Flatts "Highway to the Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC Stressed Out Songs "Under Pressure" by Queen "Don't Stop Believing"... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 23, 2011
Today's pick is a bit odd... in fact, it's probably disturbing. BUT it's also ... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for February 23

By Emily WinterFebruary 23, 2011
emrab15 sent us this freaking adorable picture, along with the most polite request that it make onto the Open Threads EVER. emrab15, you are awesome, and so is your puppy, The Bloodsucking Warrior Prince of Black Holes.* *might not actually be his name.... More  →
Open Thread for February 23

Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 3A

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 22, 2011
And the winner of the final section of Round 2 is... dapenal23 and Badge #48! However, the votes were really super frickin' close, so we're sending Flyergirl13's Badge #49 to Round 3, too. Congratulations, Sparklers! Round 3 is going to... More  →
Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 3A

How To Talk To Strangers

By Jon_SkindzierFebruary 22, 2011
Do you ever find yourself in a situation where you have to converse with someone you don't know, but no matter what you intend to say, something stupid shoots unexpectedly out of your mouth like a springy snake launching from a can of mixed nuts?... More  →
How To Talk To Strangers