Search Menu
Menu

Blogging Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Part 2

By Dan_BergsteinMay 27, 2011
Chapter Four: Flourish and Blotts Better Title: Hermione's Mom and Dad's Big Scene Harry's parents play a pivotal roll in the overall mythology of the series. Ron's parents acts as Harry's family, and their involvement in the story escalates with each book. But Hermione's parents? They are... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Part 2

We're Wearing Maxis! (No, Not THAT Kind!)

By kat_rosenfieldMay 27, 2011
We've been having a prolonged, gloomy, chilly spring season in the Northeast, and last Saturday was the first truly warm day of this year—a day to lounge outdoors, bask in the sun, and enjoy the company of friends and family at a riverside festival in... More  →
We're Wearing Maxis! (No, Not THAT Kind!)

The Next Big Hipster Sports

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMay 27, 2011
Hipsters—they dress like anemic sailors, read classic lit, and play guitar in indie rock bands. They don't exactly sound like the athletic type, do they? But this is the 21st century, and we're not about to discriminate against anyone who wants to play a sport... More  →
The Next Big Hipster Sports

Auntie SparkNotes: No Sleep Til...

By kat_rosenfieldMay 27, 2011
Dear Auntie, I've got problems. Lots of 'em. I've learned to cope for the most part, though, and work around my issues. But I have this friend named "Tracy". Tracy is a big, annoying roadblock. Every single weekend, Tracy asks me to spend the night at her... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: No Sleep Til...

Splogger Prom Pics!

By Emily WinterMay 27, 2011
You sent us your prom pics, so now YOU MUST ENDURE PHOTOGRAPHS OF US! Click to continue. Vomit. Is. A Possibility. More  →
Splogger Prom Pics!

The Triumph of the Short Story

By Lindsay PuvelMay 27, 2011
I used to hate short stories. To me, the short story was a pale imitation of the novel—essentially, an unfinished thought, a weak, impotent, and even lazy gesture at what could have been greatness. To me, the short story was worthy of the seventh grade... More  →
The Triumph of the Short Story

An Accidental Lie

By ContributorMay 27, 2011
In her quest to find out if her BFF James likes her, Lyra blurts out a big lie... —Sparkitors Today commenced without many problems. Brush teeth. Brush hair. Get dressed. Everything was fine in the morning. I worked on a robot, took some Spanish... More  →
An Accidental Lie

How to Survive a False Doomsday

By Ben KaweckiMay 27, 2011
People have made prophecies and calculated the exact hour of doomsday only to be astonishingly wrong. It happened on May 21 and will happen again. So here is an emergency plan that must only be used in an actual false doomsday situation… or... More  →
How to Survive a False Doomsday

Open Thread for May 27

By Emily WinterMay 27, 2011
Today is Sparkitor Emma's birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA! May your hair be shiny and your talking potatoes be plentiful all the days of your life! ... More  →
Open Thread for May 27

The Very Best (and Worst) Muppets

By Dan_BergsteinMay 26, 2011
First, watch this. Pretty funny, right? Judging by the silly ad campaign, and knowing that the movie is written by Jason Segel and directed by Flight of the Conchords writer/director James Bobin, we’re hoping that the new Muppet movie will bring the beloved... More  →
The Very Best (and Worst) Muppets