Skip over navigation
Prom

A Day in the Life of an Academy of Liberal Arts School Girl

By ContributorMay 25, 2010
ColorfulMusic gets teased for being the "baby" of her high school, since she skipped a grade and is only 13. If we were a year younger than our peers, we'd take a gap year and travel the world. Think about it, Music! —Sparkitors I... More  →
A Day in the Life of an Academy of Liberal Arts School Girl

Emoticons Are Dumb

FadingRose sent us this hilarious post, which she says is the result of one of the many "enlightening discourses" that she's shared with rebel_of_nowhere. Keep talkin', guys: we love what you come up with! —SparkNotes editors Nowadays, it’s way... More  →
Emoticons Are Dumb

If Doctor Who Were American

We've only seen Doctor Who once, and it gave us horrible nightmares (we know, we're losers), but we have a feeling that Edani10 is right on the money with her predictions. Plus, we'll take any... More  →
If Doctor Who Were American

The Hit List: Coldplay

Sparkler Julez_Eliza might just be the biggest Coldplay fan ever! And we can't blame her: English accents are pretty darn irresistible.— The SparkNotes Editors It was a dark, dreary day on planet Earth. The date was March... More  →
The Hit List: Coldplay

The Hit List: Bruce Springsteen

Sparkler BeauYouKnow has been waiting SO patiently for her post to be published. If we could have torn our eyes away from Bruce in a cut-off tank top, it would have been up ages ago.— ... More  →
The Hit List: Bruce Springsteen

Open Thread for May 25

By Chelsea DaggerMay 25, 2010
Dude, we can hardly even do basic math on our calculators, and RustyApplesauce figured out how to spell ACTUAL WORDS?!? Color us impressed.... More  →
Open Thread for May 25

A Guide to Dan Day

By ContributorMay 24, 2010
Since the latest installment of SparkNotes Scoop is also about your favorite freelancer, we thought we'd post this article by sisters kylxy and iplayharp and make it a Dan-themed Monday. Any complaints? We didn't think so. —SparkNotes... More  →
A Guide to Dan Day

A Week In the Life of an Involved AP Student

By ContributorMay 24, 2010
MichelleLikesPink, do you get Nordstrom discounts? Cuz...TAKE US SHOPPING! —Sparkitors Like many students across America, I'm a junior in a bunch of AP classes, and I have more extracurriculars that I can count on my fingers. Along with that, I volunteer and also have... More  →
A Week In the Life of an Involved AP Student

Bad Pet Names: A Helpful Questionnaire

By Lucy HutchinsonMay 24, 2010
Remember that rabbit you got when you were 6? The one that's still alive today? Even though you tell people she's called Sophie, your parents and siblings won't let you (or anyone else) forget that you really named her Sailor Uranus, after your... More  →
Bad Pet Names: A Helpful Questionnaire

Calling All Sparklers, Part II: We Need Your Help Again-and We Still Want Your Yachts

By Chelsea DaggerMay 24, 2010
You brought this on yourselves, Sparklers. Your response to our call for music reviews has been so amazing that we just HAD to ask you for another favor: send us the links to your favorite music videos! Each week, we'll pick one and... More  →
Calling All Sparklers, Part II: We Need Your Help Again-and We Still Want Your Yachts