Skip over navigation

Auntie SparkNotes: Let's Talk About Sex

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 12, 2010
Okay Auntie, here it is: A year ago, I fell in love. I found a boy that really loved me. And well...we got physical. It happened before I thought it would. Growing up, though I never went to a church or anything like that, I always... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Let's Talk About Sex

20 Things to Tell Yourself After a Horror Movie

By Robert IsenbergJanuary 12, 2010
You just saw a horror movie. You came home. You're lying in bed. The lights are out. WHAT WAS THAT?! Just the wind. Okay, keep breathing, stay calm, and consider the following: 1) Serial killers are very uncommon. There are probably only one or two in your entire neighborhood. 2)... More  →
20 Things to Tell Yourself After a Horror Movie

Auntie SparkNotes: How to Flirt if You're a Dude, Part 2: The Talk

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 12, 2010
Welcome back, Sparklers, to the latest installment of Auntie SparkNotes Definitive Guide to Flirting. Today's post is the second and most important part of the Guys' Guide, and I hope you wore your Confidence Pants, gentlemen, because we're about to initiate a conversation. We've already covered... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: How to Flirt if You're a Dude, Part 2: The Talk

It's January! Time to Celebrate!

By Katie_RolnickJanuary 12, 2010
The year just ended with a glorious series of fun-filled holidays. Now we're settling into the long stretch of bleak winter months. With only a couple of three-day weekends and no long holiday breaks on the horizon, the first few months of the year always... More  →
It's January! Time to Celebrate!

The Perils of Travel

By ContributorJanuary 12, 2010
Last week, AllisonJY let us in on a little secret. This week, she'll make you thank your lucky stars if you didn't go on vacation this winter break. —SparkNotes editors As an thrill-seeking teenager, I love the thought of traveling. I even... More  →
The Perils of Travel

The Pros and Cons of a Month-Long Winter Break

By ContributorJanuary 12, 2010
We never knew some high schools got four weeks of vacation!!! Man, did we pick the wrong schools... Thanks for the info, endlesslight44! —SparkNotes editors How many of my fellow Sparklers get a month-long winter break? Normally I do. The school I attended from... More  →
The Pros and Cons of a Month-Long Winter Break

How to Change the Subject

By ContributorJanuary 11, 2010
Sparkler abby0912 seems to be well-versed in dealing with awkwardness. Kinda makes us wonder what awkward moments inspired her to become such an expert! —SparkNotes editors When awkward situations occur, what should you do?: A)   Laugh it off B)  Do the “awkward turtle” C)   Run... More  →
How to Change the Subject

The Diary of Ashley Spencer: Adventures in Babysitting and Abuse

By Ashley SpencerJanuary 11, 2010
A little extra cash can never be a bad thing, especially since I have no idea how much longer I can tolerate my job. I’ve been taking more and more writing classes and really just want to do something I love, instead of living half-heartedly... More  →
The Diary of Ashley Spencer: Adventures in Babysitting and Abuse

Cute Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterJanuary 11, 2010
Baby. Sea Turtle. Ohhhhhh yes. I just got back from a weekend SCUBA trip to somewhere turtle-filled and warm, and I simply cannot get enough of these cute (but not cuddly) creatures. Did you know baby sea turtles hatch on the beach, and have to find... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Lazy Cuisine: Grilled Cheese Goodness

By Robert IsenbergJanuary 11, 2010
Fact: The easiest, greasiest, happiest homemade lunch is the grilled cheese sandwich. If you're not sure how to turn on a stove, and everything you put in the microwave gets burned, try the following. And don't think of this as a stodgy old recipe. Think of... More  →
Lazy Cuisine: Grilled Cheese Goodness