Skip over navigation

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterJanuary 20, 2010
We needed a good laugh this week, and that's exactly what an anonymous Sparkler delivered to our Awesome Thing inbox. Thanks, anonymous Sparkler; we hope you reveal your identity in the comments! Okay, so do you guys think this vid is as hilarious as we do,... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

And Then He Ate My Face: Adventures in First Kisses

By Katie_RolnickJanuary 20, 2010
When you imagine your first kiss, you probably think about how amazing it will be. You think about who will it be with, what it will feel like, and how the world will suddenly appear slightly blurry around the edges while gushy pop music... More  →
And Then He Ate My Face: Adventures in First Kisses

The Auntie SparkNotes Guide to...Auntie SparkNotes

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 20, 2010
Dear Sparklers, In addition to the usual advice-giving (post to come later), today I'm tackling a topic that I really should've addressed ages ago—a topic I was reminded of this week, after one of you nicely jogged my memory: I was wondering, you must get tons of... More  →
The Auntie SparkNotes Guide to...Auntie SparkNotes

How You Wish Your Parents Would React

By Katie_RolnickJanuary 19, 2010
As the great (and highly insightful) Will Smith once said, "parents just don't understand." They don't get why you stay up late at night IMing. They don't get how stressful school can be. And when parents don't understand something, they tend to get... More  →
How You Wish Your Parents Would React

Auntie SparkNotes: The Unkindest Cut

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 19, 2010
Hi Auntie Sparknotes, I used to have a problem with self-injury. I was going through a rough period at the beginning of junior year and I used to cut myself on my shins and ankles. If you've ever read The Luckiest Girl in the World, the... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Unkindest Cut

Driving Test Perils

By Jon_SkindzierJanuary 19, 2010
Some kids coast through their driver’s license tests with confidence and aplomb. If you are one of these, then go buy some lottery tickets, because Lady Luck evidently wants to have your babies. The rest of us are beset on all sides by horrible perils,... More  →
Driving Test Perils

How to Fall Asleep

By ContributorJanuary 19, 2010
Sparkler xXx_lola_xXx has a few falling asleep methods we've never heard of. Thanks for the tips, xXx_lola_xXx!—SparkNotes editors Have you ever tried to go to sleep and you just can't? No matter how hard you try to drift off, you end up staying awake... More  →
How to Fall Asleep

My Crush Is Way Older Than Me

By ContributorJanuary 19, 2010
Our Sparkler-written series on unattainable crushes continues! This time, seohuiah shares her list of famous dudes who are just a teensy bit too old. (And by "teensy," we mean "illegal.") —SparkNotes editors Like many teen girls, I crush on guys who are way older... More  →
My Crush Is Way Older Than Me

How to Get the Attention of a Crush You May Never See Again

By Ashley SpencerJanuary 19, 2010
When you see the same apathetic people day after day, trudging to classes under the heavy weight of their overstocked backpacks, you might feel pretty bored. It’s all the same. It’s all routine and there’s no room for romance. There’s the nerdy guy dragging... More  →
How to Get the Attention of a Crush You May Never See Again

A Guide to the Winter Olympics

By Katie_RolnickJanuary 18, 2010
About this time every four years, people who usually don't give a hoot about sports gather around the TV and work themselves into a frenzy over the most random athletic competitions. That's right, it's time for the Winter Olympics: Vancouver, BC Edition! Those of you... More  →
A Guide to the Winter Olympics