Skip over navigation

Alternative Fairy Tale Morals

By Robert IsenbergApril 8, 2010
Every child loves fairy tales. Since the days of Aesop, they have taught us lessons about human nature, like how patience is important and strangers are creepy. But is this the only way to look at folk stories? Is the obvious moral also the only moral?... More  →
Alternative Fairy Tale Morals

It's Char-aoke Time!

By Kathryn_WilliamsApril 8, 2010
Earlier this week we explored some scentsational possibilities for your favorite literary characters' fictional fragrances. So now we know how they'd smell. But, more importantly, what songs would they sing if we got them into a karaoke bar? Winston Smith, 1984. "More  →
It's Char-aoke Time!

Auntie SparkNotes: You Miserable, Lucky Son of a...

By kat_rosenfieldApril 8, 2010
Dear Auntie, My good friend A is having a hard time keeping up with her homework due to family issues. And frankly, so am I. But the difference is that A's father gave her an extension on her assignments. So, I was, I admit, complaining about... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: You Miserable, Lucky Son of a...

A Homebound Spring Breaker's Guide: Best of the Web

By kat_rosenfieldApril 8, 2010
It's here, Sparklers: the final installment of our guide to a fantabulous homebound spring break. (Why has it taken us two weeks to publish one week's worth of tips? Because that's how we roll. Don't be fresh.) By this time, you've heard all our advice on... More  →
A Homebound Spring Breaker's Guide: Best of the Web

Better Breakup Methods

By ContributorApril 8, 2010
We'd like to first scold purpleeggplant4 for being evil, then give her a thumbs up for being hilarious. —SparkNotes editors Since the dawn of civilization, boys and girls across the world have been breaking up with their boyfriends/girlfriends. Most breakups end in tears, massive... More  →
Better Breakup Methods

Open Thread for April 8

By Emily WinterApril 8, 2010
shakesgrrrl says: My friend Alvaro and I were in Barnes and Noble the other day and he had fun stickers in his pocket... so we decided to have fun with a New Moon cover. Personally, I like this cover much, much better... look how... More  →
Open Thread for April 8

Annoying Facebookers

By ContributorApril 7, 2010

In 2001, pre-Facebook, this editor got asked to prom via smoke signal. Except she wasn't really asked to prom... it was a forest fire. *sobs* Thanks for reminding us, sixtwentysevenx. —SparkNotes editors

Face it: without Facebook, no one would have... More  →

Annoying Facebookers

What Should You Do With Your Pen?

By Jon_SkindzierApril 7, 2010
Many of you hold your writing utensil for so much of your day that it's practically an extension of your hand. (Incidentally, if your pen is actually an extension of your hand, then you should consider doing something other than reading SparkLife, such as fighting... More  →
What Should You Do With Your Pen?

25 Things to Do When You're Bored

By ContributorApril 7, 2010
Is Spring Break making you bored? Try out these ideas from Sparkler SongByrd94 —SparkNotes editors 1. Sew yourself a real pair of confidence pants. 2. Bake cupcakes and give one to all your neighbors; spread the happiness! 3. Dance around your house... More  →
25 Things to Do When You're Bored

A Homebound Spring Breaker's Guide: What to Eat

By kat_rosenfieldApril 7, 2010
If you're stuck on the couch for the duration of your spring break, there's no need to be gloomy. Your SparkNotes editors feel your pain, and we've put together an all-encompassing guide to having the greatest spring break EVAR right in the comfort of your... More  →
A Homebound Spring Breaker's Guide: What to Eat