Skip over navigation

Summer of Awesome, or Summer of Suck? Take Our Quiz!

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 18, 2009
August is winding down, Sparklers, and with it, your last chance to cram in a few final summer break activities before school starts again. If you've been neglecting your duty to cut loose, thinking to yourselves, “Oh, it’s only August 18th! I still have time,”... More  →
Summer of Awesome, or Summer of Suck? Take Our Quiz!

The Cutest Pets

By Matt_HunzikerAugust 18, 2009

Along with good vs. evil, hot vs. cold, and Harry Potter vs. Twilight, cat people vs. dog people is one of the most basic of rivalries. Cat people like to point out that their feline friends bathe themselves, never make

... More  →
The Cutest Pets

The Facebook Diet

By ContributorAugust 17, 2009
Sparkler thisistoomuch10 tells the story of a new kind of addiction, and how she broke her habit. Enjoy! —SparkNotes Editors We all are fully aware that all Facebook is good for is quizzes and posting endless pictures of yourself for all of your friends... More  →
The Facebook Diet

Grounded or Guilt Tripped: Which Is Worse?

By Kathryn_WilliamsAugust 17, 2009
When I was sixteen, I got busted for smoking. (Note: This is a disgusting, vile, stinky habit and, for the record, no one kissed me that night. But I was young and impressionable and not the paragon of virtue and self-confidence that... More  →
Grounded or Guilt Tripped: Which Is Worse?

Bring the "Fun" Back to Fundraising

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 17, 2009
You're about to head back to school, and if you're a member of any club (like those suggested by Kathryn Williams), the first thing your organization will talk about is fundraisers. The trip to historic Gettysburg or the taffy factory tour will not pay... More  →
Bring the

Contest Winners ANNOUNCED!

By EmmaAugust 17, 2009
Big news, Sparklers. Amanda, founder of the Facebook group Dan Bergstein's "Blogging Twilight" is AMAZING, has announced the winners of her first picture contest. Two things are clear: 1. Girls whose names begin with A have more than their fair share of talent and... More  →
Contest Winners ANNOUNCED!

The Ultimate Guide To Random Acts Of Weirdness

By ContributorAugust 17, 2009
Sparkler kerryBLAH is weird, but we mean it in a good way. Here's how you can be more like her! —SparkNotes Editors If summer wasn't everything you hoped it would be, there's still time to make it right...or at least really, really random. The... More  →
The Ultimate Guide To Random Acts Of Weirdness

Cute Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterAugust 17, 2009
It's the time of year when you'd probably rather eat your assigned books than actually read them, so we thought this adorable picture would be appropriate. What is this cute cat thinking? What book is that, anyway? Why all the anger?! Your answers and creative captions are... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

What Did You Do on Your Summer Vacation?

By Rupinder_GillAugust 14, 2009
"What did you do on your summer vacation?" Three teachers and 20 sort-of friends inevitably ask this question at the beginning of every school year. Earlier this month, we gave you some great answers to it. But if you still don't have your... More  →
What Did You Do on Your Summer Vacation?

Auntie SparkNotes: Confessions of a Shopaholic

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 14, 2009
This week's letter comes from a girl with excellent taste in clothes: Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I used to be great at saving money and not splurging. But all of a sudden, I've been spending money way more than usual. Over the summer I've probably spent more than... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Confessions of a Shopaholic