Skip over navigation

Things that Will Ruin Your Life in the Night 101

By Emily WinterMarch 4, 2009
If you live in the suburbs, you probably hate it. There's not one good thing about the sterile rows of houses, lack of culture, and rash of Applebee's, right? Wrong. We at SparkNotes can tell you that your parents' pristine house has one thing going for... More  →

Mail Goggles: It Just Might Save Your Life

By Katie_RolnickMarch 3, 2009
By the time something digital makes its way to the pages of the New York Times, the rest of us already know about it. For example, this week's tip on Gadgetwise, the Times' blog about personal technology, is about editing photos on Picasa. Um, duh. But,... More  →

Videogamey

By Jeff_AlexanderMarch 3, 2009
Are you a serious gamer? Like, really, really serious? Well, we know how to fix that. It's a website called Videogamey, which pokes fun at some aspect of virtually every game and platform you can think of. Regularly updated with hilarious encyclopedia-style entries by... More  →

How To Build a Dollhouse

Joss Whedon sometimes seems like a TV wizard, but after having seen the pilot of his new series Dollhouse, it’s apparent to us that when he mixes up his televisual concoctions, he uses recipes just like anyone else. And we’ve proved it by reverse-engineering how... More  →

Mario Lopez Tribute!

By Katie_RolnickMarch 3, 2009
Oh, Mario, it's been eons since your days as A.C. Slater on Saved by the Bell, but you've lost none of your unique cheeseball charm. It must be those dimples. They make it impossible for anyone, including yourself, to take you seriously. Imagine Mario Lopez playing Iago in... More  →

Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock

If the early seasons of B*G had a post-9/11, enemies-among-us feel, the latest episodes are turning into something like diversity training. It seems long ago that everyone was wondering who the Cylon sleeper agents might be--this was before anyone knew that the deck chief, the XO, and... More  →

Liveblogging an Hour of MTV's "Music Television"

By Chris_DikenMarch 2, 2009
Everyone knows that MTV gave up on music videos a looong time ago. The channel that once premiered masterpieces including the Beastie Boys’ “Sabotage” and Radiohead’s “Just” now specializes in educational programming such as Sex…With Mom and Dad and the always-life-affirming... More  →

The Death of Textbooks

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 2, 2009
Across the country, school districts are wising up and realizing it's not necessary for students to lug home heavy books just to do homework. Thanks to the mighty internet, homework is moving into the digital age—and all over the world, textbook printers are terrified. While... More  →

We Don't Need No Ejucashun

By Kathryn_WilliamsMarch 2, 2009
In his Not-the-State-of-the-Union-But-Kind-of-Like-It Address last week, President Obama called for every American to go to college. Some people think that’s a bad idea. Like Richard Vedder. Makes sense. He’s a college professor. And a member of the Commission on Higher Education, which was... More  →

Tiffany Totally Eats Ham

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 2, 2009
Hiiiiiiii! Ohmagawd, you guys! It's me, Tiffany Thongbiscuit! You thought I was gone, didn't you? Well, I'm NOT. I always come back! Alwaaaays. It's one of my most specialest qualities! When I was a little kid, my parents would play this awesome game where... More  →