Skip over navigation

How to Be a Renaissance Sparkler, Part 1: Philosophy

By Jon_SkindzierJune 17, 2010
This is the first in a series of posts that will basically make you perfect at everything by the end of the summer. If you'd prefer to fake being perfect instead, well, we cover that, too. Today's Topic: Philosophy. Introductory Philosophy Q&A Q. Eww, philosophy? A. Good question!... More  →
How to Be a Renaissance Sparkler, Part 1: Philosophy

Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 2

By ContributorJune 17, 2010
Coffinmaker is blogging Wuthering Heights. If you missed his first post, read it here! —Sparkitors Chapter II I’m convinced that Mr. Lockwood was the original Three Stooges. All three of them. In this chapter alone, he steals a lantern, gets attacked by dogs,... More  →
Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 2

How Can You Read in the Car?

By Dan_BergsteinJune 17, 2010
First, an apology: In the SparkNotes Guide to Road Trips, I mentioned that reading in a moving car will give you a headache. This tip was based solely on my own experience. It has come to my attention that I am a fool. Many... More  →
How Can You Read in the Car?

The Haircut of Doom

By ContributorJune 17, 2010
We must go to the same salon as you, Brightsparky406; that lady with the designer glasses always stares at us, too!— Sparkitors We all try to put it off for as long as possible, but eventually our split ends force us to succumb: it's... More  →
The Haircut of Doom

What the... (Pork Products Edition)

By Kathryn_WilliamsJune 17, 2010
This economy is really starting to cramp our style at SparkLife World Headquarters. First they cut our Silly Bandz allowance to $500 a week; then they chopped our photo budget. But just because our Shutterstock credits ran out doesn't mean we... More  →
What the... (Pork Products Edition)

Open Thread for June 17

By Emily WinterJune 17, 2010
Breaking News! The_Drum_Minor was in Orlando last week, and snapped pics at the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter, which doesn't open in real life for the rest of us humans until TOMORROW! How did you get in early, The_Drum_Minor... More  →
Open Thread for June 17

Get Your Hands On Some Silly Bandz

By Ashley SpencerJune 16, 2010
First came Pogs. Then came the infamous Beanie Babies. For a while, people were into Ferbies, Tamagotchis, and Pokémon cards. In terms of fashion, there was actually a time when girls wore butterflies in their hair when they weren’t wearing Von Dutch caps. Others... More  →
Get Your Hands On Some Silly Bandz

A Day in the Life of a Guinea Pig

By ContributorJune 16, 2010
At first, we were a little disappointed that this article by nutterbutterfly wasn't about an actual guinea pig, but as it turns out, we like it better this way!—Sparkitors

Call us what you want: test subjects, guinea pigs, or—my personal favorite—lab rats. My

... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Guinea Pig