Skip over navigation

How to Make Your Own Shark Week

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 5, 2010
Shark Week is happening right now. If you don't have cable, or a sense of amazement, you may not know that Shark Week is the Discovery Channel’s annual exploration of the wonderful world of sharks. Over the course of the week, you can... More  →
How to Make Your Own Shark Week

Blogging My Taco Experience

By ContributorAugust 5, 2010
dasp_girly, all we've eaten today is a sad little bowl of Cornflakes. What we wouldn't give for one of your leftover tacos...—Sparkitors Last night I made tacos for dinner, and I wrote down my thoughts for the greater good, so you can all... More  →
Blogging My Taco Experience

Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 8

We keep waiting for CoffinMaker to throw the book down and take up rollerskating instead, but he's still going. And this installment cracked us the H up. —Sparkitors Hindley's having a baby! Nelly says she skipped to the end of the summer, so she... More  →
Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 8

The Hit List: More Bands You Should Know, Part AWESOME

We've received so many fantastic submissions for The Hit List that we're beside ourselves with happiness. And what better way to share that happiness than to bequeath to you a column chock-full of great bands, chosen and reviewed by Sparklers! What follows is... More  →
The Hit List: More Bands You Should Know, Part AWESOME

Cleaning the Bathtub: A Dramatic Account

orangexjuicexpsycho, maybe you should consider changing your username to americanpsycho. Get it? Christian Bale reference? Gah. —Sparkitors The following is an account of my attempt to complete one simple chore the day before my birthday party: scrub my bathtub. While... More  →
Cleaning the Bathtub: A Dramatic Account

How To Handle Summer Homework the AP Way

~book_wormm has last-minute tips for summer homework procrastinators. We're guessing that includes pretty much everybody. —Sparkitors When you get to high school and you take lots of honors/AP classes, you find yourself burdened with a ton of summer homework. As long as you are... More  →
How To Handle Summer Homework the AP Way

Charlie St. Cloud: Put Your Nose In My Mouth, Baby

By Rachel KorowitzAugust 5, 2010
If you love awkward scripts, weirdly antiquated dialog ("fill the coffers" and "last hoorah"?!), and mile-wide plot holes, you'll dig on Charlie St. Cloud. In fact, the only interesting part of the movie (other than Zac Efron. ROWR.), is trying to figure out... More  →
Charlie St. Cloud: Put Your Nose In My Mouth, Baby

A Saturday in the Life of a FIRST Robotics Student

CJ, your post served as a great reminder that the vast majority of high school students are approximately 239 times smarter than us. THANKS.—Sparkitors Inspired by the Science Olympiad post, I wrote about a Saturday spent working with my FIRST Robotics team.... More  →
 A Saturday in the Life of a FIRST Robotics Student

Auntie SparkNotes: The Green Police, They Live Inside of My House

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 5, 2010
Today, Auntie hears from a Sparkler who makes us feel really guilty about sometimes throwing our Diet Coke cans in the trash. —Sparkitors Dear Auntie, My older sister is getting her post-doctorate at Woodshole (renowned oceonographic institude in Cape Cod) my brother-in-law is heading a movement to... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Green Police, They Live Inside of My House

Five Natural Acne Fighters Under Five Dollars

By Kent McGroartyAugust 5, 2010
Many of us are plagued with the scary beast that is acne all through high school and well into college. If you're particularly lucky, your skin will start clearing up when you turn 18—but if you're like most people, hormones will continue to ruin your... More  →
Five Natural Acne Fighters Under Five Dollars