Skip over navigation
Prom

A Day in the Life of a Pearls-and-Argyle Prep School Student

By ContributorMay 12, 2010
We think booklover6795 has a pretty. Amazing. Life. —SparkNotes editors I've read a lot of "A Day in the Life" posts, and have been surprised at how many different types of schools there are. I  was sure I would see... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Pearls-and-Argyle Prep School Student

How To Survive a Concert

Sparkler BitOfATullex3 is exactly who we'd want by our side at a concert —without her invaluable knowledge and mad skillz, we'd probably be moshed to death in the first 5 minutes.— The SparkNotes Editors I saw 3OH!3 and Cobra Starship live in concert... More  →
How To Survive a Concert

Inspiring Creative People

Super Sparkler rebel_of_nowhere has a LOT of SparkLife posts coming up. Should we give her a column name? Rebel Nuggets? Yes? No? Halp! —SparkNotes editors Franklin D. Roosevelt said, “Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of... More  →
Inspiring Creative People

The SparkNotes Gleecap: Episode 18 (Laryngitis)

By Emily WinterMay 12, 2010
We need a weekly Glee recap all up in this blogspace, don't you think? If we're going to do a Gleecap, we might as well start on a high note, with Laryngitis*. Last night's was one of the best episodes of ALL TIME, but before we... More  →
The SparkNotes Gleecap: Episode 18 (Laryngitis)

20 Great Ideas for a Broadway Musical

Do we like Broadway musicals? Do we ever. But we would like them way more if Sparkler fizgeraldfan841 was in charge.— SparkNotes editors Whether mundane, morose, or mesmerizing, the subjects of musicals are becoming more and more creative. 
For... More  →
20 Great Ideas for a Broadway Musical

How to Become a Werewolf

Sparkler LadyLeafdawn has done intensive research on the subject of becoming a werewolf, and we're pretty keen to try out some of these methods. Fortunately, we just happen to live near a giant, creepy marshland chock-full of werewolf footprints. JACKPOT.— The SparkNotes Editors... More  →
How to Become a Werewolf

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerMay 12, 2010
You Sparklers are insatiable. Not even a cannon that shoots high-speed cupcakes at screaming people in Haz-Mat suits can satisfy your hunger for awesomeness. You rated last week's video a mere 5.60 on the Scale of Awesomness, despite (or because of)... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

If You're Looking for Auntie, You're in the Wrong Place

By kat_rosenfieldMay 12, 2010
Sparklers! What the @#$% are you doing over here?! Today is the Auntie SparkNotes Facebook chat, which means that I'm hanging out over that-a-way [thrashes wildly in the direction of Facebook], answering all your most burningest of burning questions LIVE, from 1 p.m. to 8... More  →
If You're Looking for Auntie, You're in the Wrong Place

The Committee of Cool: Janelle Monae's "Tightrope"

By Chelsea DaggerMay 12, 2010
Due to your overwhelmingly awesome response to our call for music reviews, we've decided to throw in a little somethin' extra for you: The Committee of Cool (thusly named because adding "cool" to the title of anything automatically makes it cooler). Every week, one of... More  →
The Committee of Cool: Janelle Monae's

Open Thread for May 12

By Emily WinterMay 12, 2010
Sparklers, meet Thunder. ItsRainingJellyBeans's dad named this spunky-looking goat after the AC/DC song "Thunderstruck," which is pretty bad asphalt if you ask us. Send pics of your pets, collections, big toe, pillow fort, favorite pair of shoes or anything else to contribute@sparknotes.com for... More  →
Open Thread for May 12