Skip over navigation
Menu

Megan's Life Lessons: How to Make Anyone Fall Mad-Hot In Love With You

By Megan PrietzelFebruary 14, 2011
Today is a day of romance. If you want today to not suck, then you need to know as much as you can about squishy, gushy, fluffy, yummy love. You gotta know how to snap the trap, cook the chicken, reel ‘em in, fry ‘em up,... More  →
Megan's Life Lessons: How to Make Anyone Fall Mad-Hot In Love With You

Committee of Cool: Everybody At The Grammys Looked Ridiculous

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 14, 2011
So, did you cool cats watch the Grammys?! Yeah, neither did we (obviously, or we would have learned that only hopelessly out-of-date losers use the phrase"cool cats"). But we've never let our woeful ignorance stop us from posting before, and we certainly aren't going to... More  →
Committee of Cool: Everybody At The Grammys Looked Ridiculous

Different Ways to Fall Down

By Lex LuthorFebruary 14, 2011
Falling is important: It's the one time invincible youth pause to consider their mortality. We always think, “Sure, I’m okay now, but if I do that in 60 years, I’m dead. Or at least, in need of a hip replacement I can’t afford because I... More  →
Different Ways to Fall Down

Valentines! From Auntie SparkNotes!

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 14, 2011
If you're still scrambling for something—anything!—that will allow you to express your heartfelt sentiments to the special people in your life, don't panic. I GOT THIS. And by "this," I mean "Valentines for every occasion." (Just scroll down, right-click, and select "Sav More  →
Valentines! From Auntie SparkNotes!

Living Through The Egyptian Revolution: Part 6

By ContributorFebruary 14, 2011

BingoTheAwesome has been celebrating Mubarak's resignation all weekend, but she still found time to write this incredible post!—Sparkitors

As I’m sure you’ve all heard, Friday was a... More  →
Living Through The Egyptian Revolution: Part 6

Ten Reasons Why Your Facebook Friends Love You

By ContributorFebruary 14, 2011
BeverlyAnna, would you be mad if we totally Liked this? –Sparkitors You know your Facebook friends love you. Here's why! 1. You update your status. Every five minutes. They really care about the way you made your morning coffee, I promise. First, you hand ground... More  →
Ten Reasons Why Your Facebook Friends Love You

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 14, 2011
Hey, it's Valentine's Day! This is about the cutest little song ... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Cute Thing of the Week

Guys, we didn't post this picture of a hedgehog wearing an acorn hat just so you would barf on yourselves. We did it because we have something important to ask: How would you feel if we quit running Cute Thing of the Week? Before you get... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 14, 2011
In honor of Valentine's Day, today's playlist is called "A Collection of Love Songs That Makes you Feel All Warm and Fuzzy Inside." Thanks Thatsweaterissomailbox! "Here Comes Your Man" by Pixies "I'm in Love With a Girl" by Big Star "You and... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Open Thread for February 14

Some people may be under the impression that today is Valentine's Day. Well, those people are wrong. Because today is actually much better than Valentine's Day: it's Chelsea Dagger's mom's birthday! And since she just happens to be the most brilliant... More  →
Open Thread for February 14