Skip over navigation

Your School-Inspired Nightmares, Decoded

By Kathryn_WilliamsSeptember 10, 2009
At least once a month, it happens: we bolt upright in bed, drenched in a cold sweat. We've had The Nightmare again. You might have it, too: You get to school naked and realize you have an exam you haven't studied... More  →
Your School-Inspired Nightmares, Decoded

Famous Outbursts: A Handy Guide for the Congressional Shouter

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 10, 2009
If you watched President Obama's speech on healthcare last night, you probably noticed that one Republican Representative had a nursery school-style meltdown: when the President got to the part about the healthcare bill not offering coverage to illegal immigrants, agitated Congressman Joe Wilson of South... More  →
Famous Outbursts: A Handy Guide for the Congressional Shouter

Homecoming Song Alternatives

By ContributorSeptember 10, 2009
Sparkler raj101 is ready to shake up homecoming with a little Tegan and Sara. Enjoy! —SparkNotes Editors There are lots of high school experiences people feel are important to have, and homecoming is one of them. For some, it's regarded as one of the... More  →
Homecoming Song Alternatives

From One Clique to Another

By Katie_RolnickSeptember 10, 2009
So we finally got around to watching the pilot episode of the new TV phenomeon, Glee. (Yeah, we totally realize that it's been available online since, like, last May. We were busy getting a tan.) But now that we've experienced the... More  →
From One Clique to Another

My First Day of Public High School

By ContributorSeptember 9, 2009
This is Sparkler endlesslight44's first post, and we think it totally captures the chaos of the first day at a new school. Enjoy! —SparkNotes Editors I’ve tried to think of clever ways to introduce my situation, Sparklers, but it’s a little too complicated for... More  →
My First Day of Public High School

Dropping the F: Chris’s Guide to Finding Love With Your BFF

By Chris_DikenSeptember 9, 2009

EDITOR'S NOTE: If you missed Chris's first post on falling for your friend, here it is.

So you’ve got the hots for your best friend. It might be love, lust, or passing fancy. Or maybe you’re just... More  →

Dropping the F: Chris’s Guide to Finding Love With Your BFF

Doomed Romance: Hot or Not?

By Joe_LynchSeptember 9, 2009
What do you call it when two people love each other madly but can’t be together due to forces beyond their control? Depressing? In real life, yes. But in the alternate universe of popular culture, we call these situations hopelessly romantic, and we can’t get enough of... More  →
Doomed Romance: Hot or Not?

Freshman Year True or False

By ContributorSeptember 9, 2009
Sparkler yasna18 seems to be prettttty together for a freshman. We think she's got some good advice, even for upperclassmen! —SparkNotes Editors High school’s not all it’s made out to be. I know that for a fact because my first week as a freshman... More  →
Freshman Year True or False

Serious Books That Don't Suck, Part 3: The Scary Ones

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 9, 2009
Last week, your SparkNotes editors started offering up a few recommended reads for those of you who might want to pick up (or at least pick out) a good book to start off the school year. But after watching the comments come in, we noticed... More  →
Serious Books That Don't Suck, Part 3: The Scary Ones

A Day Without Cats: Searching for New Sources of Online Cuteness

By Katie_RolnickSeptember 9, 2009
Where would the internet be without cats? No, we're not talking about the long-running Broadway musical. We're talking about the adorable little creatures whose online antics keep us endlessly entertained. One website wants to find out. For some inexplicable reason, Urlesque has... More  →
A Day Without Cats: Searching for New Sources of Online Cuteness