Skip over navigation

Talking to a Friend After a Tragedy

By Dan_BergsteinFebruary 18, 2010
When news hits that a classmate’s family member died, it’s shocking. Days later, when the student returns to school, you may not know what to say or do. Should you bring it up? Say nothing? Pretend to be this person’s best friend? A few years... More  →
Talking to a Friend After a Tragedy

Blogging Eclipse: Part 14

By Dan_BergsteinFebruary 18, 2010
Chapter Fourteen: Declaration Better Title: Sleepy Jacob is Still Better Than Wide-Awake Edward Two chapters ago, Edward and Bella needed to skip school and meet with the other vampires because the trouble in Seattle was escalating too quickly. If they didn't act fast, more innocent people would... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 14

Just Who is this Sadie Hawkins Chick?

By Ashley SpencerFebruary 18, 2010
You’ve probably heard the name Sadie Hawkins throughout your entire life, and know it refers to the kind of dance girls ask boys to attend. Maybe you have a Sadie Hawkins/turnabout dance once a year—or perhaps you go to an all-girls school, which makes... More  →
Just Who is this Sadie Hawkins Chick?

Auntie SparkNotes: Friends with Benefits

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 18, 2010
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, Alright...so. I kinda really want to have sex with my best friend. THIS IS BAD. I KNOW. Some background history: I'd had a crush on this kid forever, we started dating a while back, but amicably broke up a month later because we were... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Friends with Benefits

5 Bands Everyone Should Know

By ContributorFebruary 18, 2010
We love that Sparkler Carocornn is in touch with her inner fangirl and is not afraid to show it! Here's a list of her favorite bands. —SparkNotes editors 5) Flyleaf Flyleaf is a Christian rock band with inspiring and powerful lyrics belted out... More  →
5 Bands Everyone Should Know

MORE Modern Mythical Creatures

By ContributorFebruary 18, 2010
Julez_Eliza, the author of this post, and Coffinmaker, actually came up with their mythical creatures posts completely independent of one another. Great minds look for fictional characters to blame their missing homework on think alike! -SparkNotes editors As... More  →
MORE Modern Mythical Creatures

The Auntie SparkNotes Guide to Prom: Part 1: Choose Wisely

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 18, 2010
Here at SparkNotes, we pride ourselves on providing comprehensive advice for all your dating dilemmas. Need a guide to Valentine's Day? We're on it! Don't know how to flirt? We'll tell you! And now, with spring just around the corner, we've... More  →
The Auntie SparkNotes Guide to Prom: Part 1: Choose Wisely

Open Thread for February 18

By EmmaFebruary 18, 2010
I couldn't stop hacking up a lung at 4 a.m., so I took some Nyquil cough syrup. BIG MISTAKE. I'm like a shaky zombie this morning. What's the emoticon for dead-eyed Sparkitor? X-( ? Announcements, Pleas, Questions, and Snuggies * gummybeararmygeneral, I'm an ex-ballet dancer!!!!... More  →
Open Thread for February 18

The To-Do Lists of Literary Characters

By Kathryn_WilliamsFebruary 17, 2010
A few weeks ago, we posted a ♥ letter to the to-do list. It got us wondering what other people's to-do lists look like. Ours are pretty boring, generally topped by "Clean room" or the ever-exciting "Get new toothbrush." But some... More  →
The To-Do Lists of Literary Characters

Olympic Highlights, Part 1

By ContributorFebruary 17, 2010
We heard Johnny Weir skates to Lady G, and we were disappointed that he didn't last night. And that's all we know about the Olympics. Thanks for filling us in on the rest, equestrienne10! —SparkNotes editors As most of you are aware,... More  →
Olympic Highlights, Part 1