Skip over navigation

The Evolutionary War?

By Kathryn_WilliamsAugust 31, 2009
OMG, where have you been?!?!? Over the weekend shattering news broke over the wires in the Sedalia Democrat that a marching band at Forks High School Smith-Cotton High School can't wear the t-shirt designed for its fall program because... More  →
The Evolutionary War?

Say Goodbye to Summer (with the Beatles)

By Jonathan_FlaxAugust 31, 2009
The Beatles were officially together less than ten years, yet as the new "The Beatles: Rock Band" game makes clear, they reinvented themselves time and again. And we're not just talking haircuts. Charting a bold and innovative course through pop music, the fab... More  →
Say Goodbye to Summer (with the Beatles)

Blogging New Moon: Part 15

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 28, 2009
Chapter Fifteen: Pressure Better Title: Bella (hearts) Dying Spring Break arrives in Forks, and I'm shocked that Bella even cares, as I assumed she dropped out of school altogether since she hasn't mentioned class or her non-monster friends for about 200 pages. How's Angela? Is she still... More  →
Blogging New Moon: Part 15

Teacher By Day, _______ By Night

By Kathryn_WilliamsAugust 28, 2009
You're fresh off three months of freedom, trapped within the confines of four walls under fluorescent lights and listening to enduring your new teacher's lesson on the Enlightenment when it occurs to you—you've seen her somewhere before... Ever get the feeling... More  →
Teacher By Day, _______ By Night

Cute Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterAugust 28, 2009
These two puppies were caught on camera doing something to a newspaper and looking...guilty? Bored? Intense? Well, it's your call after all, Sparklers, and I'm excited to see what you come up with for captions! These puppies are two of a litter of eleven and belong... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Auntie SparkNotes: We've Got a Stage 5 Clinger!

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 28, 2009
This week's letter-writer has a too-friendly friend. Ok, so when i was in year 7 (i have absolutely no clue which 'grade' that is in America but i think you're about 11?) i went into secondary school. Knowing nearly no one, and being eager to make... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: We've Got a Stage 5 Clinger!

The Friday Awards!!!

By Emily WinterAugust 28, 2009
Sparklers, you all seriously got your funny on this week. I've been sitting at my desk for the last hour cracking up over some of your comments! You should be a stand up comedian! Collectively! OK, so the theme of the week is hilarity! Funny Comment... More  →
The Friday Awards!!!

Pay Per Comment?!?

By Matt_HunzikerAugust 28, 2009

So far the internet has given us free music, free movies, free television, free games, free encyclopedias, free advice, and free kittehs. The idea of actually paying for access to web content is contradictory to everything we've learned over the

... More  →
Pay Per Comment?!?

Dog Movies You'll Sit and Stay For

By ContributorAugust 28, 2009
Sparkler chocoflakken has a bone to pick (hardy har) with dog movies, and offers some really hilarious and creative alternatives! Enjoy! —SparkNotes Editors Has anyone else noticed the horribly clichéd dog movies that have been made over the years?  If you've been lucky enough... More  →
Dog Movies You'll Sit and Stay For

Band of the Week: The Drums

By Jonathan_FlaxAugust 28, 2009
The Drums are quite new—they played their first show in May of this year—and already the Brooklyn foursome is hyped to the heavens. New York's "coolest" borough sure does seem to produce these press darlings monthly, and 11 times out of 12 it's much ado... More  →
Band of the Week: The Drums