Skip over navigation

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 14, 2010
All facetiousness aside (man oh man, do we love to use that word), it seems you guys really DO like mean girls. Or you at least like a sassy and stupendously-edited combination of dialogue from the Mean Girls movie and clips from all the choicest... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Pretty Little Recaps: Episode 6

By Emily WinterJuly 14, 2010
Stop the presses! Or the internets! Or whatever you call it! Have the internets been temporarily demolished?!? Oui?! Good. Because we have a little something to say. Ehem. Hi! Hiiiiiieeeeeeee everyone! Okay, that's not it. You got us, Sparklers. We killed Pretty Little Recaps. Why? Because murder's the... More  →
Pretty Little Recaps: Episode 6

Auntie SparkNotes: Parental Permission to Date

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 14, 2010
Is your dating life any of your parents' beeswax? Auntie has an opinion. —SparkNotes editors Dear Auntie, I have a biiit of a problem: there's this girl I really like, and we went to the same gradeschool so we've known each other for 8+ years but always... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Parental Permission to Date

How to Kiss: Kat's Illustrated Guide

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 14, 2010
You might have noticed that your SparkNotes bloggers have been asked to share their personal wisdom on the topic of kissing. And hoo boy, have we ever! You've gotten info on how to relax while kissing, a complete guide to creating a signature... More  →
How to Kiss: Kat's Illustrated Guide

Open Thread for July 14

By Emily WinterJuly 14, 2010
This pic comes from dancedancedance528, and we love it because this cat looks just like this ed feels. Blarg! Neverending jetlag!... More  →
Open Thread for July 14

My Crush Is a Sidekick

By ContributorJuly 13, 2010
We love this post by neomaxizoomdwbi because we also swoon over sidekicks and think Nick Cage is the most grossicles man EVAR. —Sparkitors Not everyone can be leading man material. Sure, the heroes usually get the rugged good looks, the admiration, and the girl.... More  →
My Crush Is a Sidekick

How to Kiss: Sarah on Preparation

By Sarah PeregoyJuly 13, 2010
Are you completely stressed about your first kiss? Do you spend endless, sleepless nights wondering what/where/when/how/why/WHEN is it going to happen? What to do? What to say? Worried that "EPIC FAIL!!" will be stamped on your forehead by the Kissing Gods afterward? Secretly hoping the... More  →
How to Kiss: Sarah on Preparation

Auntie SparkNotes: Eating for None

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 13, 2010
Today, Auntie hears from a Sparkler struggling with food issues. —Sparkitors Dear Auntie SparkNotes, When I was in eighth grade, I was diagnosed with Anorexia. I went through forced recovery, which basically means that I was seeing doctor after doctor before I was ready to recover. As... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Eating for None

Blogging My Babysitting Nightmare

crazyfightingninja, we have only one thing to say: we're sorry. Oh, and: we're hungry. — Sparkitors Sparklers, be warned: what follows is a true account of my recent exploit in babysitting. The events described may be too graphic and... More  →
Blogging My Babysitting Nightmare

A Day in the Life of a Homeschooler with Seven Siblings

Ladybug9371 has SEVEN siblings!?!? *faints* —Sparkitors My schoolhouse is my home, void of state-of-the-art computer labs, swarms of friends, and omnipresent teachers. During the day I am almost constantly in contact with my family. Here's a typical Friday: 5:30 a.m. Wake up. Drink... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Homeschooler with Seven Siblings