Skip over navigation
Prom

Movie Review: Iron Man 2

By Rachel KorowitzJune 3, 2010
Author's note: My seven-year-old alter-ego also attended the screening. She has promised to keep her contributions to a minimum. First, some background: Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) plays by his own rules! He's wicked smaht! The ladies totally love him! And he gets away with... More  →
Movie Review: Iron Man 2

What It's Like to Travel to...Cairo, Egypt

By ContributorJune 3, 2010
Today, we're taking a virtual vacation to Egypt, thanks to Fatema. Sparkitors I was born in Cairo and lived there until I was a year and a half old. My family and I live in the United States now, but every summer we... More  →
What It's Like to Travel to...Cairo, Egypt

Open Thread for June 3

By Emily WinterJune 3, 2010
It's a cat! It's a lion! It's a...lioncat? Sparkler NotSmallButFunsize says... So, this is a cat that tends to wander around the courts where my school goes for tennis. Seeing as it's summer and the cat is a Persian, he's been shaved and now looks... More  →
Open Thread for June 3

The Seven People You’ll Meet in Orchestra

By ContributorJune 2, 2010
embracethecheese, embrace your viola or whatever! We'll take the cheese. —Sparkitors Ah, orchestra. I've had good times, bad times, and numerous migraines because of it. Orchestra can bring you together with your best friends, provide an enemy to pick on in your bad moods,... More  →
The Seven People You’ll Meet in Orchestra

Things to do When You're Bored During the Last Days of School

Please don't be mean to your teachers with nervous tics, jgrudzy! *scratches head, tugs on left knee six times, swallows, and snorts* —Sparkitors I was really bored at school the other day... so I made a list of things to do when you're bored... More  →
Things to do When You're Bored During the Last Days of School

How to Swim

By Dan_BergsteinJune 2, 2010
Swimming is the best summer activity. It's relaxing and fun, which is the very definition of summer. But a few poor souls out there never learned how to swim. Perhaps they are afraid of water. Perhaps they had a traumatic experience. Perhaps they’re a witch. Whatever... More  →
How to Swim

Tolerance Is In

Sparkler Nandini is a brand new user joining us all the way from India, and we’re so glad she’s a part of the SparkLife family! It takes a lot of guts to speak out about something controversial, and we’re proud to have such... More  →
Tolerance Is In

A Day in the Life of a Career School Student

We think ilse's school sounds awesome. Now we just need to start a career school for being a SparkNotes editor. What do you think? —Sparkitors I've read many accounts of all kinds of schools in different countries, cities, and religions. However, I still haven't seen... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Career School Student

How to Fend Off Post-Vacation Letdown

By Kathryn_WilliamsJune 2, 2010
Oh, is that you, Sparklers? Excuse me, I didn't know we had a date this morning. I was just here, lying on my bathroom floor with snot running from my nose, my eyes swollen shut from ugly crying, listening to my neighbor's dog... More  →
How to Fend Off Post-Vacation Letdown

The SparkNotes Gleecap: Episode 21 (Funk)

By Emily WinterJune 2, 2010
The episode begins, and New Directions gets Funkafied. "Funkafication" is what Vocal Adrenaline calls it when they bust into another school and do an amazing performance to psych out a rival glee club. Unfortunately, there is no word for "army of sexy blueberries rolling... More  →
The SparkNotes Gleecap: Episode 21 (Funk)