Skip over navigation

September Horoscopes

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 1, 2010
You’re heading back to school, which makes this is a crucial month. What happens in the next four weeks will change your life and the life of your long-lost twin. (BTW: You have a long-lost twin. She’s nice, but kind of stuck up.) Read... More  →
September Horoscopes

The Committee of Cool: Darwin Deez

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 1, 2010
Good news, music fans: EMMA'S BACK FROM BERMUDA—and she's TAN. We here at the Committee of Cool have always said that a little bronze glow goes a long way in the complicated world of music video analysis, mostly because we here at the Committee of... More  →
The Committee of Cool: Darwin Deez

My Crush Is a Fantasy Character

By ContributorSeptember 1, 2010
kirbyfurby455, don't look at a current picture of your beloved Wesley. It'll depress you forever. —Sparkitors I confess, I am a fantasy/action movie junkie. I dig on BA guys who slice people in two. I have posters of the following characters chilling on my... More  →
My Crush Is a Fantasy Character

Curing the Youngest Sibling Blues

rebel_of_nowhere, do you actually have a brother who fish farms?! —Sparkitors In the words of Ron Weasley, “They expect me to do as great as the others, but if I do, it’s no big deal, because they did it first.” Yep, being the youngest kid... More  →
Curing the Youngest Sibling Blues

Voldemort Is Sort of Hilarious

merlinsbaggiestYfronts, there's really nothing to say here except: BAHAHAHAHA —Sparkitors Don’t get me wrong, I’m a total Harry Potter fanatic—but sometimes, I truly do wonder about that Voldemort character. He’s supposed to be... More  →
Voldemort Is Sort of Hilarious

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 1, 2010
It seems that Marcel the Shell made quite the impression last week: you people either wanted to adopt him or to put a toothpick through his eye (we're paraphrasing here, but you get the gist). Despite the controversy and several low blows (negative numbers, guys?... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Open Thread for September 1

By Emily WinterSeptember 1, 2010
We LOVE braised kids! Especially older kids, who've been marinating in Doritos and teen angst. Yummmmmm. Thanks, hanini_panini for sending us a pic of our favorite dish! hanini_panini says... Hi! So I went to this restaurant today, and saw this on the menu and immediately thought... More  →
Open Thread for September 1

How to Get Rid of the SparkNotes Stalker Using Twilight Torture

By ContributorAugust 31, 2010
LilyChrome and randomness2325 refuse to believe that "/account/" is as site glitch. *shakes head and walks away* —Sparkitors All you Sparklers have a stalker, and it's the same "person" stalking all of you. If you don't believe us, go to Manage Sparkfriends... More  →
How to Get Rid of the SparkNotes Stalker Using Twilight Torture

My Crush is a Girl, Part II

By ContributorAugust 31, 2010
Thanks for picking up where the last Girl Crush post left off, volitile_antacid! —Sparkitors You may deny that you're harboring a platonic girl crush, but stop kidding yourself; we've all got one! Our guy friends give us odd looks when we... More  →
My Crush is a Girl, Part II

How Not To Ask A Guy To A Dance

By Melissa_AlbertAugust 31, 2010
Hilarious new splogger Melissa Albert must have been reading our high school diary—we totally pulled the "spork his lawn" stunt our freshman year. It did not go over well. —Sparkitors What could be worse than having a guy turn you down when... More  →
How Not To Ask A Guy To A Dance