Skip over navigation
Prom

The Subject You Hate (And Why That's Okay)

By Jon_SkindzierMay 14, 2010
Everyone's bad at something. If you're not, please go back to Mount Olympus and let the rest of us wallow in our misery, because some classes simply do not make sense, and never will. The following is a list of terror-inducing classes, what it feels... More  →
The Subject You Hate (And Why That's Okay)

Never Mind My Potbelly, Look Over There!!

By Ashley SpencerMay 14, 2010
Summer is practically here, which is great. But with great sun comes great exposure. It’s swimsuit season, and even if you are “svelte,” it can be holy awkward to hang out in front of the opposite sex when you’re basically naked. You may think people... More  →
Never Mind My Potbelly, Look Over There!!

The Potential Boyfriend Checklist

By ContributorMay 14, 2010
Sparkler VanillaFace is wise beyond her years—and she isn’t afraid to ask the hard questions. Which is good, because we are afraid. To ask them. The hard questions, we mean. Gah. Just read the post.— SparkNotes editors Before I present you with my Potential... More  →
The Potential Boyfriend Checklist

A Sparkler's Guide to Winning Class Elections

romancingvulcans is our very own Tracy Flick! Minus the insanity. —SparkNotes editors It's that not-so-wonderful time of the year: School election season! If you find yourself running for office, you may want to check out these tips from a seasoned school politician: 1. Become... More  →
A Sparkler's Guide to Winning Class Elections

Three Reasons the World Won’t End In 2012

xxDramaQueenxx is being a major xxAntiDramaQueenxx in this post, so we'll have to just take her word for it. —SparkNotes editors We’ve all heard it at one point or another, and, chances are, either you or someone you know believes it: Something catastrophic will... More  →
Three Reasons the World Won’t End In 2012

Four Infomercial Products Everyone Needs to Own

McGonagall62, what are you doing up in the middle of the night? —SparkNotes editors Infomercials are something all of us live with; they are like the creaky stair, or the lint in your bellybutton. The products  advertised often claim0—falsely—to make already-simple product even simpler,... More  →
Four Infomercial Products Everyone Needs to Own

Blogging Eclipse: Part 25

By Dan_BergsteinMay 14, 2010
Chapter Twenty-Five: Mirror Better Title: Why Are There Still Three Chapters Left? The chapter begins with Bella feeling sad about something and Edward ripping up whatever is left of Victoria. Eddie prepares a fire to burn the remains, and Seth brings over the chunks of Riley he... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 25

What It's Like to Live in... a Flood Zone

By Kathryn_WilliamsMay 14, 2010
If you watched the news for the split second the national media covered the torrential rainfall and flooding in Tennessee a couple weekends ago, you know the Volunteer State is no longer landlocked. I hail from Richmond, Virginia, so... More  →
What It's Like to Live in... a Flood Zone

Open Thread for May 14

By Emily WinterMay 14, 2010
Now that's a pup of a different color! Speaking of The Wizard of Oz, did you know that there was no hair dye for horses back in 1939, so the producers of the movie wanted to paint the horses of Oz different colors? Surprisingly,... More  →
Open Thread for May 14

The Hit List: Taylor Swift

By ContributorMay 13, 2010
We're so excited about the avalanche of Sparkler music reviews that we received that we decided to post a second one for you to enjoy. Sure, Taylor Swift isn't quite as avant-garde as Phoenix, but Sparkler purpleeggplant4 loves her music just the same.... More  →
The Hit List: Taylor Swift