Skip over navigation

Why Is that Guy Wearing a Winter Hat Indoors?

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 14, 2009
Months ago, when the temperatures and Michael Jackson were still warm (too soon?), we marveled at the strange summertime phenomenon of guys who drive without wearing a shirt. The seasons have changed, and now we're noticing another unusual fashion choice: Guys who wear winter... More  →
Why Is that Guy Wearing a Winter Hat Indoors?

Auntie SparkNotes: They Like You! They Really, Really Like You!

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 14, 2009
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I have a problem and it's pretty complicated, I find myself changing who I like more often than I would like. I recently just started High school and during Middle School I was considered weird but as summer passed I changed quite a... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: They Like You! They Really, Really Like You!

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterDecember 11, 2009
This is the moment of truth. Please be honest, Sparklers: Do you like our new Friamp stamp? It's totally cute, right? Okay, okay, we didn't actually get Friamp stamps, mostly because we promised our parents we wouldn't when we were 12, but it'd be a pretty... More  →
The Friday Awards

Why We Love Glee

By Emily WinterDecember 11, 2009
This week marked the final episode in 2009 of the new musical comedy Glee. Sadly, and rather obnoxiously, the show won't be on again till April, but at least the hiatus gives skeptics time to catch up on past episodes and... More  →
Why We Love Glee

Winter: Time for Shorts! Wait, What?

By Jon_SkindzierDecember 11, 2009
Hey, you, the kid wearing shorts, standing next to that snowdrift. We have some questions for you. One: What's up with the shorts? Two: No, really, about the shorts. Did you lose a bet or something? If you are a Winter Shorts Enthusiast, maybe you can... More  →
Winter: Time for Shorts! Wait, What?

Auntie SparkNotes: Step Off, Dude

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 11, 2009
A brief PSA before we begin: Earlier this week, one of you expressed confusion about the advice column schedule—which, I admit, has been a bit haphazard. So here's the deal: Because I get so many great letters from you guys, starting next week, I'll be... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Step Off, Dude

What the... (Fresh Cat of Bel-Air Edition)

By Kathryn_WilliamsDecember 11, 2009
We're bored. We just spent an hour counting the number of stars in our Chicken n' Stars soup. You know what that means! Oh, you don't? Well, we'll tell you. That means it's time to troll the depths of Shutterstock for another More  →
What the... (Fresh Cat of Bel-Air Edition)

How Not to Cry

By ContributorDecember 11, 2009
After recently stepping in a huge puddle and falling down in front of our crush, then being forced to sit in the same room as our crush for a really long time, we asked Sparkler synchrogirl to write a post about how to... More  →
How Not to Cry

Stand Up, Sit Down: How Do You Write?

By Robert IsenbergDecember 11, 2009
There are so many different ways to write. There's the sit-seriously-at-your-computer tactic, the lie-on-your-stomach technique, and the lounge-in-a-hammock-with-journal-on-belly method. Every writer has a different style—even famous writers, who sell their secrets to millions of fans. Here are some of our favorite writers, and their styles: Virginia Woolf: Call... More  →
Stand Up, Sit Down: How Do You Write?

Chris Listens: Smoking Pot, Sad Mom, and Questions About Virginity

By Chris_DikenDecember 11, 2009
Woo hoo, happy first day of Hanukkah! I am going to celebrate by…well, I’m not entirely sure just yet. Right now I’m blogging within arm's reach of a real live Christmas tree, which I have not because I am religious in any way but rather... More  →
Chris Listens: Smoking Pot, Sad Mom, and Questions About Virginity