Skip over navigation

Cute Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterJanuary 25, 2010
Last week, Sparkler right_writer suggested the caption "Monkey did it, why can't I?" for the featured owl pic. We wondered exactly what right_writer, the all-time champ of Cute Thing captions, was referring to. Do monkey wear moon boots? Do they stare creepily... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Become the Rocky Balboa of Trash Talkers

By Kia WoodJanuary 25, 2010
Ever get so flustered in an argument that you get a brain freeze? Like when you feel as though your wit has gone on a coffee break and you're left with your inner 6-year-old yelling "I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I?" Obviously we... More  →
Become the Rocky Balboa of Trash Talkers

Ten Reasons Winter Should Be Over

By Julie KrautJanuary 25, 2010
We are so over winter. Sure, it started off cute, with mittens, red noses, and fun flavored coffee at Starbucks. But it went downhill quickly. We’ve been battling the winter blues since the last week of December. It’s a testament to our maturity and unflagging... More  →
Ten Reasons Winter Should Be Over

Mr. Literary Goes to the Doctor

By Miss MarmJanuary 25, 2010
How have we never thought of talking into the stethoscope like it's a microphone?? That's genius! New Mr. Literary after the jump... Related post: Mr. Literary Gets Pulled Over... More  →

Applying to Colleges? Be Sure to Protect Your Underpants.

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 25, 2010
Remember in early December, when Facebook made some changes to its privacy settings? You may have seen an alert at the top of your profile that went something like this: Oh, HEY, you guys! How are you? Sooooo, we're just making a few little tweaks to... More  →
Applying to Colleges? Be Sure to Protect Your Underpants.

Auntie SparkNotes: Getting Stood Up

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 25, 2010
Auntie, ...gosh, this is embarrassing. I am in need of major guy-advice – I simply do not understand them. I met a guy who is a mutual friend of some of my friends. We "clicked" and ended up talking and even.. "canoodling". Well, it was a... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Getting Stood Up

The Diary of Ashley Spencer: What No One Tells You About Blue Gumballs

By Ashley SpencerJanuary 25, 2010
It’s wise to prep for job interviews. I’m someone who doesn’t take interviewing lightly, and I believe that you can never be too prepared. Last summer, I scored an interview with a major TV show not hosted by Tyra Banks or Heidi Klum. I locked... More  →
The Diary of Ashley Spencer: What No One Tells You About Blue Gumballs

Tales From the Trash: SparkLife Articles You Will Never See

By Dan_BergsteinJanuary 25, 2010
The writers and editors here at SparkNotes want to inform, entertain, and delight you, our wonderful readers. We strive for perfection. But sometimes, particularly after a restless night of sleep coupled with too much morning/afternoon coffee, our ideas for articles are slightly less than perfect.... More  →
Tales From the Trash: SparkLife Articles You Will Never See

The (Seriously Epic) Friday Awards

By Emily WinterJanuary 22, 2010
Did you have a rough week, Sparklers? Are you grumpy? Were rude, egomaniacal teachers spouting pointless dribble at you for wayyyyy too long while you had a panic attack because you had so much stuff to do? Do you really, really, really need a good dose... More  →
The (Seriously Epic) Friday Awards

Auntie SparkNotes: Updates and Breakups

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 22, 2010
Hey Sparklers! Before we get going with the advice-giving, I've got updates from letter-writers past. Ready? - Sad summertime guy saw a doctor for depression, and is now channeling his angst into being a crazy-talented drummer and thrash musician. - The awkward daughter has started... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Updates and Breakups