Skip over navigation

Really Dumb Stuff

By ContributorSeptember 27, 2010
mj_adams has just figured out that most people are idiots. Welcome to our world! —Sparkitors This week I noticed some ridiculous labels and procedures that really irked me. Here are the top three. 1. THE TAG-22 I bought a new shirt. I wore it and then, naturally,... More  →
Really Dumb Stuff

Auntie SparkNotes: Pushing, Punking

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 27, 2010
Sometimes "frenemies" is too kind a word. Let's bring back plain old "enemies" as a trend for 2010! —Sparkitors Dear Auntie Sparknotes, One of my best friends just started dating this girl he really likes. She's super nice, and we all used to hang out together a... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Pushing, Punking

A Day In The Life Of a Synchronized Swimmer

synchrogirl117 is not gonna sit there and let you make fun of synchronized swimming, so don't even think about it. Seriously. —Sparkitors There are lots of stereotypes about synchro. "Oh, you're a synchronized swimmer?" people ask. "So you, like, spin around in the pool and... More  →
A Day In The Life Of a Synchronized Swimmer

QUIZINATOR: Sparkler Series, Part 3 aka Doctor Who For The Win!

Due to the enormously positive response that last week's Doctor Who quiz received, we've decided to give you Whovians (is that the correct term? We're in unfamiliar territory, here) a second dose of the medicine you've come to love: another Doctor Who Quizinator, this... More  →
QUIZINATOR: Sparkler Series, Part 3 aka Doctor Who For The Win!

How to Dress Like... Rachel Berry From Glee

By Lucy HutchinsonSeptember 27, 2010
It probably takes a lot of effort to maintain Rachel's preppy look. She must brush her hair, like, every day. If you're willing to take on that responsibility, here are a few staples of the Rachel Berry look. (But please, don't also adopt the bratty... More  →
How to Dress Like... Rachel Berry From Glee

Prince Charming: Hunger Games Edition

If you think about it, you can solve most of life's problems with composite literary characters. Right,  japannah17? —Sparkitors Chessmedalist's article about Post-Potter Depression turned my thoughts to my own post-Hunger Games depression. Fanfic helps, but Mockingjay just came out.... More  →
Prince Charming: Hunger Games Edition

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 27, 2010
Beau the dog (owned by WhimsicalLady) reminds us a lot of William Taft, the 27th president of the United States. Why? We're not sure. But now you know who the 27th president of the US was, just in case it ever comes... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Life According to Ginger: The Truth About College Cafeterias

One of the things that sucks most about high school is the cafeteria, right? Right. There was that one perpetually grumpy lunch lady who would never let you take an extra scoop of applesauce (don’t criticize my 2nd grader palate, please). Her nemesis was the... More  →
Life According to Ginger: The Truth About College Cafeterias

Open Thread for September 27

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 27, 2010
flyergirl13 made one of the most moving (and mathematically correct) arguments we've ever seen to get her picture posted on today's Open Thread. Check it out and share our awe: Here's my chain of logic (we learned logic+proofs in geometry today!) If you post one... More  →
Open Thread for September 27

Open Thread for September 26

By EmmaSeptember 26, 2010
We're so jealous of MarauderPrincess's desktop. Ours is a big dumb jumble of icons and sticky notes that say things like "Do some work for a change" and "things to remember about Mockingjay: 1) hot dogs 2) sad Peeta" and "DON'T FORGET TO... More  →
Open Thread for September 26