Skip over navigation

Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 7 (Chapters 13 and 14)

By RamseySeptember 25, 2009
Reading The Scarlet Letter? So is Ramsey! To catch up on his past posts, check out the index page. Chapter 13 – Another View of Hester When we last left Colonial Boston, we saw Hester Prynne and Reverend Dimmesdale accepting their sin together as Roger... More  →
Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 7 (Chapters 13 and 14)

Blogging New Moon: Part 23

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 24, 2009
Chapter Twenty-Three: The Truth Better Title: The Glower Hour Can someone explain this chapter to me? I understand what happens in the story, but the conversations between Bella and Edward are written in a code that I'm not able to crack. (So far, I've established it's... More  →
Blogging New Moon: Part 23

The Music Snob vs. The Movie Snob

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 24, 2009
Lurking in every school are two different, yet similar types of students: The Music Snob and The Movie Snob. Each type is unique and interesting, and each type can be annoying because they like to make you feel stupid. As we analyze the subtle differences... More  →
The Music Snob vs. The Movie Snob

What the Heck is Wizard Rock?

By ContributorSeptember 24, 2009
Sparkler ilikedishes is one amazing writer. She's also a big HP fan and a fan of good music, which makes her triple awesome in our book. Enjoy her post, it's one of our faves! —SparkNotes Editors I'll be the first to admit it: When... More  →
What the Heck is Wizard Rock?

Reconnecting With Your Ex

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 24, 2009
Hi there, amigos, and welcome to the 4th Circle of Hell, otherwise known as “I’m Trying to Be Friends with My Ex.” If you’re here, it means you’ve bravely grappled your way out of the Pit of Despair (or “I’ve Just Been Broken Up With... More  →
Reconnecting With Your Ex

Share Your Nerd Culture, Sparklers!

By Matt_HunzikerSeptember 24, 2009
We’ve tabulated your responses, Sparklers, and we’re happy to say that the vast majority of you agree that the Kingdom of Nerds shall inherit the Earth. What’s more, a lot of you are proud, Jedi-banner-waving nerds ready to declare your love of Harry... More  →
Share Your Nerd Culture, Sparklers!

News Flash: Tanning Beds Are Death Boxes

By Kathryn_WilliamsSeptember 23, 2009
Now that summer is over and your tan is becoming a distant memory, some of you may be tempted to try to keep your color with a few trips to the tanning bed. In the U.S., salons are supposed to require parental consent... More  →
News Flash: Tanning Beds Are Death Boxes

Which Music Genre Defines You?

By Joe_LynchSeptember 23, 2009
The music we love shapes and inspires us almost more than anything else in our lives—even more than high school (thankfully). The bands we love give us ideas on how to dress and show us personalities we want to emulate. It's not that you're necessarily... More  →
Which Music Genre Defines You?

The Pre-Dance Dinner Drill

By Katie_RolnickSeptember 23, 2009
It's time to bust out your fancy clothes: Homecoming (and other such formal dances) are just around the corner! Even though dances are supposed to be fun, they can also be pretty stressful. First, you have to worry about finding a date. Then you have to... More  →
The Pre-Dance Dinner Drill

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterSeptember 23, 2009
This week's Awesome Thing was submitted to us by Sparkler LunarCircus, whose brother is in the group that created this video! We hope you like it (and please, no crying, muffins don't like to see you all red-eyed and sniffle-y). Don't forget to rate... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week