Skip over navigation

The Ellie Report: Teenage Dream=Skintight Jeans and Jedi Knights

By ContributorAugust 12, 2010
Ellielikespie, you get funnier every week. It's like you have some sort of hilarity-related disease. AND WE WANT TO CATCH IT. Man, do we ever. —Sparkitors After chronicling my journey into the Wonderful World of Bieber, I realized that I have... More  →
The Ellie Report: Teenage Dream=Skintight Jeans and Jedi Knights

My Crush Is a Professional Athlete, Too!

By ContributorAugust 12, 2010
ZOMBIESATTACK, it's undeniable: you've got great taste in men!—Sparkitors Today as I was reading through the countless My Crush Is posts, one caught my eye. Suddenly, in that moment, the truth overwhelmed me; I too... More  →
My Crush Is a Professional Athlete, Too!

Open Thread for August 12

By Emily WinterAugust 12, 2010
LATE FOR WORK! LATE FOR WORK!!! I FEEL LIKE THIS PICTURE. GET IT TOGETHER, WINTER. Thanks, Dont_panic__42 for sending us your brownies. Next time, we want to see them in 3-D. On my desk. In real life. Noms.... More  →
Open Thread for August 12

How To Trick Everyone Into Thinking You Had a Hardcore Summer

By Lauren PassellAugust 12, 2010
What the heck have you been doing all summer? If the answer is TV surfing and perfecting your Slushee palette, don't even say it. On the first day of school, everyone is going to want to know how your summer was, and it's too late... More  →
How To Trick Everyone Into Thinking You Had a Hardcore Summer

SparkNotes Movie Club Presents: Mean Girls

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 11, 2010
With fall just around the corner, we thought it would be fun to get into the school spirit and watch a high school movie. And since my editor doesn’t think Raiders of the Lost Ark counts as a high school movie and because she got... More  →
SparkNotes Movie Club Presents: Mean Girls

Blogging My Conversation With The Cleverbot

By ContributorAugust 11, 2010
Before this post, we'd never even heard of Cleverbott. All we can say, SpiffyAlien, is THANK YOU. —Sparkitors I recently discovered Cleverbot, an artificial intelligence program that responds to whatever you type in. The sheer unadulterated fun that could be had with this... More  →
Blogging My Conversation With The Cleverbot

Blogging My All-Nighter: Extreme Edition

africanstardust, you're a stronger Sparkler than any of us. Once the clock hits 2 AM, we are PASSED OUT. —Sparkitors We all procrastinate, and we all have to pay the price: endless hours of... More  →
Blogging My All-Nighter: Extreme Edition

If I Rewrote Twilight

quirky*ghost is AWESSSSSSSOME! We love "kick in the nuggets." —Sparkitors Ah, Twilight, how I loathe you. I cannot begin to number the times I have wished that you had never been written. This was, of course, before I realized that you contain the power... More  →
If I Rewrote Twilight

Before You Fall in Love on Facebook

By Ashley SpencerAugust 11, 2010
Because Facebook has a weird, creepy mind of its own, it suggests you friend James Ritchie, someone you've never met in real life. Curious, you sniff out his profile, which is entirely visible, because James Richie apparently doesn’t have the brains to check and change... More  →
Before You Fall in Love on Facebook

A Day in the Life of a Chilean Private School Student

lleya, the only bad thing about your school is the two-period-long gym class. UGH.—Sparkitors Most of you are on summer vacation right now and are probably spending your time chillaxing at the beach—but I'm stuck at school, freezing my butt... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Chilean Private School Student