Skip over navigation

We Need Your Opinion on Video SparkNotes!

By Emily WinterFebruary 3, 2010
Hey Sparklers, It's no secret that we mosey on over to SparkLife anytime we want to know how to make SparkNotes better. You guys are awesome. You're honest, you're smart, and you smell like eco-friendly cleaning products. (Or is that just our computer screen?) This week, we... More  →
We Need Your Opinion on Video SparkNotes!

7 Ways Not to Impress Boys

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 2, 2010
Last week, we ran a post about how not to impress girls. Just to be fair, we had to write an equally-ridiculous article for the gals of SparkNotes. 1. On a dinner date, order an arugula salad, minus the arugula. When your waiter politely... More  →
7 Ways Not to Impress Boys

Your Brain on a 10-Minute Mile

By Robert IsenbergFebruary 2, 2010
Minute 1 I hate gym. I hate 10-minute miles. Did he say go? I thought he was going to whistle. Well, everybody's running. I guess I'll start running. This isn't half bad, actually. I'm a lot faster than I thought. It's nice to stretch the old legs. It's probably... More  →
Your Brain on a 10-Minute Mile

Everything's Copacetic, Ducky: Life in Other Times

By Katie_RolnickFebruary 2, 2010
Life in the 21st century is pretty sweet. We have access to cool stuff like the internet, smart phones, hybrid cars, and the ShamWow. But despite these modern conveniences, we can't help but spend an idle moment here and there daydreaming about what... More  →
Everything's Copacetic, Ducky: Life in Other Times

Children's TV Shows You THOUGHT You Forgot About

By ContributorFebruary 2, 2010
We love this trip down memory lane! Thanks for taking us along, feliciatmc! —SparkNotes editors 1. The Big Comfy Couch Lunette the Clown owned a dolly named Molly, and spent hours dancing, stretching on a giant clock, visiting her mailman pseudo-boyfriend, granny, and cat. And... More  →
Children's TV Shows You THOUGHT You Forgot About

Top Three Ways to Survive Winter

Just. Two. More. Months. **collapses onto floor and starts convulsing due to lack of sunlight** Thanks for this list, 1grobanite! —SparkNotes editors During the summer, there's so much to do: cabins, swimming, sunshine, drive-in movies, bike rides to your ex's—I mean best friend’s—house, parties.... More  →
Top Three Ways to Survive Winter

Songs to Snog To

Sparkler IPebble introduces us to a great movie, a funny book, AND about a million exciting bands. Thanks, IPebs!SparkNotes editors It’s rare to see a movie you really enjoy in that cheesy romance way (as opposed that that shriveled-up-in-a-corner-in-disgust way). It’s even rarer... More  →
Songs to Snog To

Many's the Long Night I've Dreamed of Cheese

By SparkLifeFebruary 2, 2010
Mr. Literary's grandpoppy is our favorite. Related post: Mr. Literary Goes to the Doctor... More  →

What It's Like to Live In...San Diego

While we're wearing snow boots, Sparkler nicole2212 is frolicking around with surfers and eating fish tacos. IT'S NOT FAIR We're so happy for her! —SparkNotes editors Hey Sparklers! Or shall I say, It’s like mucho excitomundo to like meet ya! Yes, I... More  →
What It's Like to Live In...San Diego

Cute Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterFebruary 1, 2010
It's Child Prodigy Week on SparkLife! The diaper-wearing folk of the world are getting some cute cred this week thanks to a few adorable videos sent to us by LOTViolists and a Lemonxing. That's right, we're bringing you a caption-worthy photo... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week