Skip over navigation

Choosing Your Senior Quote

By ContributorSeptember 28, 2009
Sparkler Juliet_92 heads into uncharted SparkLife territory in this great post about choosing a senior quote. Hope  you like it! —SparkNotes Editors For the past eleven years, the most important part of your yearbook was your picture. However, as you arrive on campus a... More  →
Choosing Your Senior Quote

5 Good Reasons to Listen to Classical Music

By Matt_HunzikerSeptember 28, 2009

Unless you play in your school’s orchestra or listen to public radio, chances are you think of classical music as the quiet, tasteful background noise heard in movies, upscale department stores, and scenes in movies that take place in upscale department stores.

It can... More  →

5 Good Reasons to Listen to Classical Music

Cute Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterSeptember 28, 2009
This photo illustrates perfectly the reasons we should all aspire to be dogs: When you're a dog, there is no loss of innocence, no obligation to be self-aware, no such things as ego, responsibility, creepy uncles, or dental floss. You wanna get wet? Jump in a... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

How To Be the Best Texter EVER

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 28, 2009
Texting is taking over our lives, and man oh man, is it great. Jim needs directions to the movie theater? Text him. Sarah desperately needs covert advice about what to do when her date orders 17 root beer floats and builds a root beer castle?... More  →
How To Be the Best Texter EVER

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterSeptember 25, 2009
Welcome to another wonderful Friday Awards, Sparklers! Before we get this party started, I'd like to make a few announcements: You may have noticed that this week's Awesome Thing was brought to us by Sparkler LunarCircus. Congrats, LunarCircus, you... More  →
The Friday Awards

Chris Listens: Trips to Fiji, Loose Friends, and Rock ‘n’ Roll Music

By Chris_DikenSeptember 25, 2009
I have some bad news for you, Sparklers. Summer is over. I just shoved my Garfield beach towel into the deepest recesses of the closet, knowing I won’t need it again for months. (Unless I run out of regular bath towels, of course.)... More  →
Chris Listens: Trips to Fiji, Loose Friends, and Rock ‘n’ Roll Music

New School Year Resolutions

By ContributorSeptember 25, 2009
We must commend Sparkler Iamjoannayupi for having the right attitude about a new school year; it's a chance to start over and atone for all those wrongs from previous years. Enjoy her post! —SparkNotes Editors Bowling for Soup was right: High school... More  →
New School Year Resolutions

Rethink Your School Mascot

By laura_buchholzSeptember 25, 2009
Your school mascot is an important figure in your high school life. He’s fierce, he’s energetic, he’s a warrior, he’s probably a predatory animal with a sharp beak or terrifying claws. The job of the school mascot is to intimidate the opposing team into losing,... More  →
Rethink Your School Mascot

Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 7 (Chapters 13 and 14)

By RamseySeptember 25, 2009
Reading The Scarlet Letter? So is Ramsey! To catch up on his past posts, check out the index page. Chapter 13 – Another View of Hester When we last left Colonial Boston, we saw Hester Prynne and Reverend Dimmesdale accepting their sin together as Roger... More  →
Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 7 (Chapters 13 and 14)

Blogging New Moon: Part 23

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 24, 2009
Chapter Twenty-Three: The Truth Better Title: The Glower Hour Can someone explain this chapter to me? I understand what happens in the story, but the conversations between Bella and Edward are written in a code that I'm not able to crack. (So far, I've established it's... More  →
Blogging New Moon: Part 23