Skip over navigation

Awkward Turtle!

By ContributorNovember 6, 2009
If you don't know about Awkward Turtle, you're missing out. Luckily, Sparkler hannakathryn is here to explain! —SparkNotes Editors You walk up to your friends with a smile on your face and a bounce in your step. "Howdy y'all!" you chirp. You're in a... More  →
Awkward Turtle!

Fall Music Playlist

By ContributorNovember 6, 2009
Sparkler camip0p may live in Florida, but she certainly knows all about fall (and great music!). Hope you like her playlist as much as we do! —SparkNotes editors Fall is all about pumpkin pie, comfy sweaters, touches of nostalgia, and changing leaves. (Unless you... More  →
Fall Music Playlist

Is It Too Early for the Holidays?

By Dan_BergsteinNovember 5, 2009
Every year, stores seem to push their holiday merchandise earlier and earlier. We once joked about selling Christmas trees in September; now we must joke about selling them in August, and even that doesn't seem so far-fetched. This weekend, the new computer animated 3-D version... More  →
Is It Too Early for the Holidays?

Twilight Tie-Ins That Make Sense

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 5, 2009
There are just a few weeks left until the premier of New Moon, and all over the country, advertising executives are sitting in offices, racking their brains over the whole “Twilight” phenomenon. Ad Exec #1: Hey, I hear that kids these days are really into sparkly... More  →
Twilight Tie-Ins That Make Sense

Baby, It's Cold Outside

By Kathryn_WilliamsNovember 4, 2009
It seems like just yesterday we were offering instructions on how to make a gigantor homemade slip n' slide, so how is it that the weather is suddenly hovering near freezing (in some parts of the world at least)? Say it... More  →
Baby, It's Cold Outside

No Fear Literature is ________.

By Emily WinterNovember 4, 2009
Heya Sparklers, You all were so helpful giving us feedback on Video SparkNotes, that we'd love your opinion on something else...Be honest, does this font make my blog look big? Okay, for serious, we're starting another new series of SparkNotes, No Fear Literature (simply replace... More  →
No Fear Literature is ________.

Chris Listens: Tough Times, Wiccan Beliefs, and Gay Best Friends

By Chris_DikenNovember 4, 2009
Happy November, Sparklers. I received many heartfelt, well-considered, artfully composed electronic missives over the last week and a half, and I want to apologize for not being able to respond to all of them. But let me reiterate that even if I don’t have the... More  →
 Chris Listens: Tough Times, Wiccan Beliefs, and Gay Best Friends

Five Ways to Combat Insomnia

By Katie_RolnickNovember 4, 2009
If you're like us, you have no trouble drifting into a sound slumber on most nights (and, if you're like us, you never snore. Not ever. No matter what anyone else says.). But occasionally, the sandman takes the night off, leaving you wide-eyed... More  →
Five Ways to Combat Insomnia

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterNovember 4, 2009
With this week's Awesome Thing, Sparkler jewbiegirl reminded us of a fantastic twist on boring computer programs. We hadn't seen this animation in a few years (it was created in 2006, so it's ancient by web standards), and we were surprised... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Humiliation 101: How to Embarrass Yourself Like a Champion

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 4, 2009
If you’re a person, and you’re in high school, chances are you’ve embarrassed yourself before. In fact, you’re probably embarrassing yourself right now. As we at SparkNotes have suffered our fair share of shame and degradation, we can empathize. Below are some horrifyingly uncomfortable... More  →
Humiliation 101: How to Embarrass Yourself Like a Champion