Skip over navigation

Cute Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterSeptember 14, 2009
We looooove elephants because they're always smiling like it's Gossip Girl Season Premiere Day!!! they just got accepted to their dream college. (OK, we know it's not "good TV," but we have a liiiiittttle obsession with Gossip Girl. 'Specially Ed Westwick. Yum.) But... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Blogging New Moon: Part 20

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 14, 2009
Chapter Twenty: Volterra Better Title: Dear Jacob, Italy Sucks. Wish You Were Here. I wasn't going to blog about this chapter, because honestly, not much happens. (Bella runs through a fountain and is reunited with Edward. But for all the buildup, it's not very emotional or... More  →
Blogging New Moon: Part 20

50 More Things That Should Not Exist

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 11, 2009
Yesterday, in a cranky mood and suffering from a headache, Dan listed 50 Things That Should Not Exist. Today, he brings you 50 more! 51. The Tyra Banks Show. 52. Tyra Banks. 53. Special editions of DVDs that simply added in a few more bad words... More  →
50 More Things That Should Not Exist

Auntie SparkNotes: Go Facebook Yourself

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 11, 2009
This week's letter-writer was the victim of an unexpected faceslam: Hi Auntie Sparknotes, I know my problem will seem stupid compared to some of the others but still its bugging me and...well I wanted to see what you had to say. Okay I was on... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Go Facebook Yourself

Two-Strap vs. Messenger: The Backpack Showdown

By Katie_RolnickSeptember 11, 2009
The new school year necessitates a re-up of most school supplies: new notebooks, new binders, new homework calendars. But your backpack sticks with you for a long time. For this reason, your choice of baggage is not simply a practical decision, but rather a semi-permanent... More  →
Two-Strap vs. Messenger: The Backpack Showdown

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterSeptember 11, 2009
If you're reading this, congratulations! You (probably, unless you go to one of those awesome late-start schools) survived your first week(s) of school! But comments like raj101's in this post... More  →
The Friday Awards

Band of the Week: The Futureheads

By Jonathan_FlaxSeptember 11, 2009
We picked The Futureheads for this installment of "Band of the Week" for three reasons. 1. They were suggested by Sparkler radically_rachel. We tend to trust Sparkler music suggestions in general—but when we saw that radically_rachel's listed Sondre Lerche as her favorite band... More  →
Band of the Week: The Futureheads

Myths About Swine Flu

By ContributorSeptember 11, 2009
Mehak did some research to make sure her fellow Sparklers have the facts about swine flu this year. Thanks, Mehak! —SparkNotes Editors For most of us, the start of the school year is a bittersweet time. You get to see your best friends, your... More  →
Myths About Swine Flu

Do You Care about High School Sports?

By Joe_LynchSeptember 11, 2009
Homecoming week, pep rallies, mascots, track meets…do these words make you explode into a school colors supernova, or do they make you want to hide in your room with a book? Or a little bit of both? Sports are an odd part of the whole high... More  →
Do You Care about High School Sports?

Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 5 (Chapters 9 and 10)

By RamseySeptember 11, 2009
To make you feel not so alone as you read The Scarlet Letter, Ramsey is reading along with you and blogging about his experiences. Missed past installments? They're all collected here. Chapter 9 – The Leech Based only on the title of the chapter, here’s... More  →
Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 5 (Chapters 9 and 10)