Search Menu
Menu

You Know You're from Philadelphia When...

By ContributorMarch 17, 2011
leaha_the_shteve, what is "wooder ice," and more importantly, does it involve chocolate? —Sparkitors The City of Brotherly love. A top historical spot in America, this city is booming with passionate people. Are you one of them? You know you're from Philadelphia when… ... More  →
You Know You're from Philadelphia When...

Unsolved Mystery: The Lone Shoe on the Highway

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 17, 2011
Drive down any highway in America, and sooner or later you’ll spot a lone shoe on the side of the road. It’s usually black, but sometimes un-black. It looks beaten up and defeated as it sits on the road, watching the cars zoom past with... More  →
Unsolved Mystery: The Lone Shoe on the Highway

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 17, 2011
Welcome to the fourth day in a week-long introduction to some great bands you didn't know you were dying to meet (thanks CaptainAbbey!) Today's band (another British one) is called Kaiser Chiefs. "Na Na Na Na Naa" "Oh My God" "Ruby" "Never Miss... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Never Been Kissed Michigan: Pool Sharks and Broken Hearts

By ContributorMarch 17, 2011
thenameselodie is a pool-playin' hustla; she'll win the game, but will she get the guy?—Sparkitors Last week I was at my friend Holly’s house, engaged in one of the most ancient of female traditions: trying on outfits in anticipation of what I call... More  →
Never Been Kissed Michigan: Pool Sharks and Broken Hearts

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 17, 2011
I know I'm not the only one here with a web-crush on Rhett and Link, so at least one of you should enjoy this video. Despite its super-sized order of ... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for St. Patrick's Day

By Emily WinterMarch 17, 2011
Shout out to all the leprechauns in the houuuuuuuuuuse! ... More  →
Open Thread for St. Patrick's Day

The Daily Trials of an English Major: Spring Break! (Well, Almost)

By ContributorMarch 16, 2011
While Courtney Guth enjoys spring break, we'll enjoy staring out our office windows while softly weeping :0/ —Sparkitors There are currently 3 days, 14 hours, 7 minutes, and 22 seconds until spring break—not that I’m counting or anything. I’m all for being productive and... More  →
The Daily Trials of an English Major: Spring Break! (Well, Almost)

Comments of the Week

By Emily WinterMarch 16, 2011
If your comments were chicken nuggets, THESE would be the nuggets we choose to encrust with diamonds and dangle from our necks. (If you think that's creepy, wait till you hear what our belly button rings are made of.) Congratulations to the following Sparklers for doing... More  →
Comments of the Week

An Interview with Writer Kimberly Derting

By Miss MarmMarch 16, 2011
Today's featured Dark Days author is Kimberly Derting, who's on Team Zombie! —Miss Marm When did you realize you wanted to be a writer? I’ve known that I wanted to write since I took journalism in the 7th grade. I figured out pretty... More  →
An Interview with Writer Kimberly Derting

Blogging Once Upon a Prom: Dream, Part 6

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 16, 2011
It's now four weeks, four days, seventeen hours, and twenty-eight minutes until prom. Tara is waiting for Nisha to sneak out of her house so the two of them can go to a party together, but Nisha is late (thirty-two minutes late, to be exact).... More  →
Blogging Once Upon a Prom: Dream, Part 6