Skip over navigation

Open Thread for March 23

By Emily WinterMarch 23, 2010
It's another gloomy day in New York, so we were excited to see this cheery artwork by BellaSwan1. But, "Sparklers Sparkle in the sun"??? Does this mean you guys are... vampires?!??!?!? Noooooooooooooo!... More  →
Open Thread for March 23

Cute Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterMarch 22, 2010
No wonder  checkersocks's cat is so small—it has to share a house with 15 (!!!) other felines! Yep, this Sparkler has 16 cats. She sent us a bunch of pics, and we couldn't resist this big-eyed, bigger-eared, knee-sized little thing. What kind of caption... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Auntie SparkNotes: Sassy, Not A**y

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 22, 2010
Have you found Auntie on Facebook yet? No? What are you waiting for? Click here! Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I am a sarcastic sort of individual, and I am concerned that this part of my personality is severely damaging what people think of me. Honestly, I... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Sassy, Not A**y

A Day in the Life of a Home Schooler

By ContributorMarch 22, 2010
We'd love to see your PJ collection, LOTViolists! —SparkNotes editors I'm a homeschooled senior who spends most of her time in her PJs. I don't follow an online curriculum; rather, my mom plans my coursework. Here's a day in my life: 7:40 a.m. Hit snooze.... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Home Schooler

The Buried SparkLife

By ContributorMarch 22, 2010
Give frapp_cakes her own reality show, already! —SparkNotes editors On a recent weekend, while I was "working" on some projects for school and watching TV, I stumbled across a new show on MTV called The Buried Life. At first I was sad... More  →
The Buried SparkLife

How to Understand Your Pets

By Robert IsenbergMarch 22, 2010
Pets have feelings. They think about things. They have dreams and favorite pastimes. It's not always easy to tell what's going on in your pet's mind. But pay close attention, and you can sometimes read your pet's behavior. Here are some signs to look out... More  →
How to Understand Your Pets

Senioritis: When Old Things Happen to Young Students

By Ashley SpencerMarch 22, 2010
We all know the signs of standard senioritis: you mentally check out after your college acceptance letter arrives. You start packing immediately, even though you have practically an entire semester left. Your homework is incomplete, and your afterschool activities go unattended. But are you aware of... More  →
Senioritis: When Old Things Happen to Young Students

Open Thread for March 22

By Emily WinterMarch 22, 2010
This is Ally, potterlover19's dog. We love her eyebrows and whiskers!!! We want an Ally!!!... More  →
Open Thread for March 22

Open Thread for March 21

By EmmaMarch 21, 2010
We love this picture from kylxy. The Sparkler's bangs are pretty, and are those jams the Mankler's wearing? Cute!... More  →
Open Thread for March 21

Open Thread for March 20

By EmmaMarch 20, 2010
read_my_mind says, "This picture is adorable: it's a cat having had a bath. Who doesn't love anything more than a wet moggie?" We have two questions: 1. Why is British slang so much cuter than American slang? 2. Don't cats bathe themselves? We feel... More  →
Open Thread for March 20