Search Menu
Menu

Locks of LOL: A Hairy Tale

By Emily WinterJuly 12, 2011
Why is there a slideshow about my hair that exists in the world? 1. Emma made me. 2. I've had a lot of hair doings in my life. 3. Watching a pasty white girl try to pull of dreadlocks is fun for the whole family. Oh yes, there will be dreadlocks. More  →
Locks of LOL: A Hairy Tale

Writer Wars: Rabies Isn't As Fun As It Seems

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 12, 2011
DUDES, how did you become such prolific and spectacular scribes? Your fictional foibles stunned the sweat out of me; I couldn't be prouder of the literary greatness you butts are producing in the comments. Give yourselves several hearty claps on the back and buy a... More  →
Writer Wars: Rabies Isn't As Fun As It Seems

Open Thread for July 12

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 12, 2011
These two adorable beans belong to the excellent parents of Chelsea Dagger. They spend their days eating dirt, performing spectacularly choreographed dance numbers, and collapsing to the floor in blissful exhaustion. The big-headed goober on the left is Rosie (aka Mr. Potatochip), and the particularly... More  →
Open Thread for July 12

What to Do When You Bump Into Teachers

By ContributorJuly 11, 2011
Ginger's offhanded references to Lorenzetti make us so happy. —Sparkitors Picture this. It's the summer after your first year of college. You’re at the park. You’re watching your little brother and his friends, and you’re working on rounding them up and getting them home.... More  →
What to Do When You Bump Into Teachers

25 Ways Your Day Could've Been Worse

By Lucy HutchinsonJuly 11, 2011
Had a bad day? Yeah, so have we. (Everyone who works for SparkLife lives together on a bus, like the Partridge family, and today the toilet got blocked.) But maybe your day was worse than that. Maybe you're reading this from hospital right now. Maybe... More  →
25 Ways Your Day Could've Been Worse

Auntie SparkNotes: Braaaaaains!

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 11, 2011
Dear Auntie, I'm leaving for college in the fall and I have a not-so-secret-secret that I would like to actually keep secret. You see, I had brain surgery my junior year of high school. So, like any 16 year old having brain surgery, it was kind... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Braaaaaains!

Neville Longbottom=RIGHTEOUS HOTTIE? Photos from the London Premiere!

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 11, 2011
Potterheads, we've got roughly 3 days until the apocalypse/beginning of the end/movie event of our generation/US premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part II). We're all preparing for this momentous occasion in our own way (Chelsea by weeping quietly into her homemade invisibility... More  →
Neville Longbottom=RIGHTEOUS HOTTIE? Photos from the London Premiere!

Why I Decided to Lose Weight

By Ashley SpencerJuly 11, 2011
We couldn't help but notice on FB that Ashley Spencer was getting more fit (and dare we say, hotter) by the second. As part of our series on makeovers, we asked her to write about her transformation. Here's her first post! —Sparkitors It’s been... More  →
Why I Decided to Lose Weight

Harry Potter Is An Annoying Prat

Starkidette thinks The Chosen One is getting a little too big for his britches.—Sparkitors Sometimes, the Boy Who Lived annoys the crap out of me. Hey, stop looking at me like that. Don’t throw that heavy object at me, put it down. I’M ALLERGIC... More  →
Harry Potter Is An Annoying Prat

Uncommon Criminals (Plus 5 Reasons Ally Carter is a Great YA Author!)

Book #44: Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society, #2) Author: Ally Carter Reason for Reading: I love love LOVE LOVE Ally Carter’s books. I have been a fan of hers since day one. I read the first book in her Gallagher Girls... More  →
Uncommon Criminals (Plus 5 Reasons Ally Carter is a Great YA Author!)