Skip over navigation

Coping with February Breakups

By ContributorFebruary 8, 2010
Sparkler africanstardust has a few evil clever suggestions for dealing with breakups. We're gonna try these on our Sanctimonious Oaf! —SparkNotes editors Most of us have been there (and the least lucky of us have been there on or around Valentine's Day): you're... More  →
Coping with February Breakups

Who Dat! Five Awesome Moments from Superbowl XLIV

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 8, 2010
Last night, like every other red-blooded, football-loving American who also enjoys the sight of burly dudes in spandex pants trying to inflict brain injuries on each other, your SparkNotes editors tuned in to the SUPERBOWL—ready to watch the Indianapolis Colts and the New Orleans Saints... More  →
Who Dat! Five Awesome Moments from Superbowl XLIV

Blind Date = Bad Idea

At least we know how GoingBananas got her nickname... —SparkNotes editors If your friend says “me and my boy/girlfriend are going out and we want you to come. We fixed you up with someone awesome!,” or tells you that you're going to a movie... More  →
Blind Date = Bad Idea

Cute Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterFebruary 8, 2010
Grizzly bears aren't scary! They're adorable! Unless you're sitting across the dinner table from one and you realize it's gnawing on your dismembered arm. But still, it would be kind of cute. What caption do you give this fuzzy griz? Leave it in the comments! Last week,... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

The Best Revenge Songs

Sparkler RunningFromLions is angry—and is taking it out on vintage vinyl. —SparkNotes editors Is it just me, or have there been an insane amount of dating posts on SparkNotes recently? For those of us with relationship dramas that couldn't be solved by knowledgeable SparkNotes writers,... More  →
The Best Revenge Songs

Auntie SparkNotes: Flirting with Tourette's

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 8, 2010
Hi Auntie Sparknotes, I really liked your flirting guide because it gave me some advice as to how I could approach a new girl in my biology class. She seems really nice and I didn't know how to talk to her until I read your guide.... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Flirting with Tourette's

Reasons Having Braces Isn't as Bad as Getting Mauled By Tigers

By Robert IsenbergFebruary 8, 2010
Put mildly, braces are awful. They look odd. They rake against your lips. Food gets stuck in the wires. If you have uneven teeth, you probably shudder at the word "orthodontist." But braces aren't as bad as, say, getting mauled by tigers. And before you disagree,... More  →
Reasons Having Braces Isn't as Bad as Getting Mauled By Tigers

Give Us More Animals!

By Kia WoodFebruary 8, 2010
Last night was the Superbowl, and no matter what team you rooted for, you probably joined the rest of America in giving the commercials a thumbs down. If the highlight is a 30 second spot about Googling, it’s safe to say advertisers weren’t... More  →
Give Us More Animals!

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in India

By Kathryn_WilliamsFebruary 8, 2010
Namaste, Sparklers! Your faithful SparkLife scribe has just returned from a whirlwind two-week trip to India where she ate lime pickles, found herself (apparently she had been lost for some time), and talked to monkeys. While she is happy to return... More  →
All I Really Need to Know I Learned in India

Five Most Memorable Auditorium Moments

By Dan_BergsteinFebruary 8, 2010
The school auditorium is not simply a place to watch musicals and sleep. It is a place of magic. A place of high ceilings, and unusual folding chairs. A place where a whisper can sound like a scream due to the odd acoustics. A... More  →
Five  Most Memorable Auditorium Moments