Skip over navigation

A Day in the Life of a Theater Kid (During Hell Week)

By ContributorNovember 2, 2010
We’re floored by your dedication, mrs.draco416. But it starts to make sense when you mention the free Chik-fil-A. –Sparkitors You know what a theater kid is. We’re those nutty, eccentric students who are always running around school muttering lines under their breath, trying on different... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Theater Kid (During Hell Week)

Life Lessons To Draw From Halloween (Terrible and Otherwise)

By Jon_SkindzierNovember 2, 2010
With another Halloween come and gone, hopefully you have: 1.) Not developed candy-onset diabetes, and 2.) Once again learned valuable lessons about the Spirit of Halloween. "What's this about lessons?" you're probably asking. "Halloween has no lessons, you confused doofus!" Well jeez, calm down! And besides, that's where you're... More  →
 Life Lessons To Draw From Halloween (Terrible and Otherwise)

Open Thread for November 2

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 2, 2010
NightOwlGirl14 sent us this fabulous pic and the folowing caption: I was bored last weekend, and there were all these acorns all over the place. Then, I had an idea. Fifteen minutes later, I was all done! And then I was bored again. We've got... More  →

Pick-up Styles of the Literary and Famous

By Melissa AlbertNovember 1, 2010
Ever wondered how Edgar Allan Poe would've asked you to the school dance, were he not too busy marrying his cousin and dying mysteriously decades before you were born? We all know how Stephenie Meyer would do it (she'd boil a bunny rabbit and present... More  →

A Video Message to Sparklers

By Emily WinterNovember 1, 2010
If there's one thing we love around here, it's creatively geeking out about literature. We've tweeted Shakespeare, seen Facebook updates from Moby Dick characters, and now... WE RAP THE SCARLET LETTER. And be "we," we mean...erm...well, Sparklers, there's someone we want to introduce... More  →
A Video Message to Sparklers

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 1, 2010
This is a pic of Raoul's pup Molly—and we think she looks just like an adorable little Ewok. Well, sort of. It's kind of a stretch. JUST USE YOUR IMAGINATION. You sure used it last week when you sent... More  →

Auntie SparkNotes: Dumping 101

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 1, 2010
We once dumped a guy by throwing a 7-layer cake at his face. True story. (Actually, it's totally, totally false.)—Sparkitors Dear Auntie, Last month, I got asked out by my crush, and I was on cloud nine. As time passed, however, I realized that he was not... More  →

Percy Jackson Vs. Harry Potter

By ContributorNovember 1, 2010
In her last post, friendlydragonette pitted Star Wars against Lord of the Rings. This time around, it's the Boy Wizard against the Lightning Thief—who ya gonna choose?—Sparkitors Do you remember last time? Well, that was nothing compared to this.... More  →

How to be Awesome: Don’t Be a Loser Edition

sksk3 took a page from The Book of jgrudzy, and contributed this guest edition to her regular How to Be Awesome column. —Sparkitors 1. Don't act awesome. Rule numero uno. Acting like you’re the hottest thing since sliced bread will only make you look... More  →
How to be Awesome: Don’t Be a Loser Edition

The CORRECT Way To Eat An Oreo

flyergirl13 is a one of the greatest philosophical minds of our time. Socrates ain't got nothin' on her.—Sparkitors

Today's specimen is a micro-organism so small that you can only fit approximately twelve in one hand at once (yes, I have tried this). It

... More  →