Search Menu
Menu

Blogging Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Part 6

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 5, 2011
Chapter Sixteen: Professor Trelawney's Prediction Better Title: The First of Many Deaths Poor ol' Buckbeak is killed at the end of this chapter in a shocking and tense scene that hints at the darkness to come in the world of Harry Potter. We all know that Buckbeak... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Part 6

How Many Hours Should You Date Someone Before HND?

By ContributorAugust 5, 2011
From NBK to HND? Faye's getting ready for college with THE NAKED ROOMMATE. —Sparkitors Two-hundred and fifty one pages in and we’ve finally reached the good stuff—Chapters 8 and 9 of the Naked Roommate: Dating, Relationships, and S-E-X! Woo! I can finally share with... More  →
How Many Hours Should You Date Someone Before HND?

Looking for Real-Life Role Models

BonnieBellez reminds us that reality show stars are not the only people available for emulation. –Sparkitors I used to think role models were celebrities, famous people in the public eye. Then I realized that we gather role models throughout our lives—our real lives. I... More  →
Looking for Real-Life Role Models

Auntie SparkNotes: Secret Heathen

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 5, 2011
Dear Auntie, I'm about to be a junior in high school, which means its time to start college shopping. I'm super psyched about this, and the parental units and I are in the process of planning college visits. This is where I sprint headlong into... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Secret Heathen

How to Be a Hippie (While Keeping a Clean Record)

nevillyemily got the perfect plan to turn you into a low-key, law-abiding, peace-sign princess.—Sparkitors Ever wanted to live the awesome hippie lifestyle but weren't too crazy about the pot-smoking and random nudity involved? Don't worry; you can... More  →
How to Be a Hippie (While Keeping a Clean Record)

The First Episodes of Doctor Who

Did she hate it? DID SHE LOVE IT?! TheaterAddict reports back from her first week as a Whovian-in-training. –Sparkitors So I’ve watched the first four episodes of Doctor Who. My verdict? So far, it’s decent. Especially the first two episodes. I think it has... More  →
The First Episodes of Doctor Who

What To Wear When You're Feeling Sweet

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 5, 2011
Today, I woke up feeling like a sherbet ice cream cone. Note that I don't say I woke up feeling like eating a sherbet ice cream cone. In fact, I hate sherbet ice cream. Sherbet is all presentation and no payoff, it is one of the... More  →
What To Wear When You're Feeling Sweet

I Know What You Did Last Friday

By Aislinn ShevlinAugust 5, 2011
This is kind of precious... and catchy!  Thanks bowchloe for sending it in! Send in your favorite videos at contribute@sparknotes.com... More  →
I Know What You Did Last Friday

Open Thread for August 5

By Emily WinterAugust 5, 2011
Sydney8871's cat embodies everything we want to be: -All like "Hey what are you looking at? Leave me alone, codpiece." -Obscenely cute. -Okay you got us, we just want to be a cat in a pot.... More  →
Open Thread for August 5

Ask Jono: How To Be a Wingwoman

By Jon_SkindzierAugust 4, 2011
Dear Jono, May I start off by saying I very much enjoy your column? Seriously. It rocks. However, there is a another matter at hand, for which I seek your wisdom. It seems that I have been chosen by one of my guy friends... More  →
Ask Jono: How To Be a Wingwoman