Skip over navigation

Dissecting the Yearbook Staff, Part 2

By Kathryn_WilliamsApril 28, 2010
In this post, we continue our dissection of the yearbook staff. You want to be nice to these people—they control the way you will be forever captured in annual amber. Irritate them, and one photo crop later, it's like you never... More  →
Dissecting the Yearbook Staff, Part 2

The Lowdown on Book Sharing

By ContributorApril 28, 2010
Sparkler OpaquePlatelets is practically a Rhodes Scholar when it comes to book sharing. Here, she rates four methods of book sharing with a nifty Pencil Rating System—one pencil is the lowest score, five is the highest. The result will surely change your classroom... More  →
The Lowdown on Book Sharing

Okay, So You Failed A Test. Now What?

By Jon_SkindzierApril 28, 2010
Here's the scenario. You're sitting in class, as tests are being handed back. Something seems amiss, because the teacher is handling yours like it has cartoon stink lines coming from it. He plops the test unceremoniously on your desk, and there it is: a big... More  →
Okay, So You Failed A Test. Now What?

Open Thread for April 28

By Emily WinterApril 28, 2010
Why are we exploding with rainbows and happiness? BECAUSE... ...our computer works again! This ed just had about a month of computer Hadesville, and now, finally, on her third computer in a month, things seem to be running smoothly. She's also finally able to start replying to Sparkler... More  →
Open Thread for April 28

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerApril 27, 2010
Next to chubby puppies, cats with speech impediments, and animated squarepant-wearing sponges, there ain’t much that's cuter than a big-headed baby. If you’re this adorable, what is there to talk about? You tell us, Sparklers. But good luck making us laugh harder this time around than... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Auntie SparkNotes: I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW TO FLIRT WHEN YOU'RE YELLING AT ME!

By kat_rosenfieldApril 27, 2010
WE LOVE AUNTIE'S ADVICE! AND WE'RE NOT AFRAID TO YELL ABOUT IT! –SPARKNOTES EDITORS Auntieeeeee! Okay, I'm going to get straight to the point: HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FLIRT WITH PETER? ...Maybe that was a little abrupt. I have a crush on this shy boy who we will... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW TO FLIRT WHEN YOU'RE YELLING AT ME!

The 5 Types of Fashion Trendsetters

By EmmaApril 27, 2010
We're jealous of all the Best Dressed finalists. They're a lot younger than us (we were born in the 1800s and took horse-drawn carriages to school), yet they're far more fashionable than we are. As far as we can tell (not very far; we're wearing... More  →
The 5 Types of Fashion Trendsetters

Learning to <3 Yourself

By ContributorApril 27, 2010
Oprah and Dr. Phil better take note: there's a new self-help guru in town, and her name is gummybeararmygeneral. —Sparknotes editors In today’s world, it’s hard to love yourself. “Perfection” is a concept we can’t seem to get away from—we start thinking... More  →
Learning to <3 Yourself

Blogging My Study Hall

By ContributorApril 27, 2010
scary_owl, we can only hope your proctor doesn't read this.—SparkNotes editors Picture this: you are sitting in a classroom, staring blankly at the peeling paint and listening to the boring hum of silence and the irritating scratching of your teacher grading papers. The walls... More  →
Blogging My Study Hall

Yearbook Superlatives: Losing to Someone Who Sucks

By Dan_BergsteinApril 27, 2010
Speaking of yearbook superlatives...some of our very own Sparklers made it to the finals of the 2nd Annual SparkNotes Yearbook Awards. Show them some love! —SparkNotes editors It’s the end of the school year, and after months and months of hard work and dedication,... More  →
Yearbook Superlatives: Losing to Someone Who Sucks