Skip over navigation

Introducing hipSTAR School Supplies

By Ashley SpencerMarch 26, 2010
In our parents' day, it was hip to be square. Now, it's just hip to be hipster. It’s cool to be an independent thinker, it's cool to like Animal Collective, and it’s cool to wear skinny jeans and huge nerdy glasses. To some people, being cool... More  →
Introducing hipSTAR School Supplies

Auntie SparkNotes: Your Pain Is SOOOO Annoying

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 26, 2010
Hey Auntie, I've been having this problem with a friend who I'll call TK, he used to be odd but a really nice person who I actually enjoyed hanging out with. But recently he's changed a lot, he's become moodier and he's acting out just to... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Your Pain Is SOOOO Annoying

Open Thread for March 26

By EmmaMarch 26, 2010
Every time we think Dan can't get any more brilliant, he goes and writes a post like this. Our favorite part: "My rap name would be Phalcon. Or maybe just Dan. I would rap about dinosaurs, jetpacks, and Japan. And I would wear lots of gold, but... More  →
Open Thread for March 26

The Auntie SparkNotes Guide to Prom, Part 6: Dates, The Aftermath

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 25, 2010
Hey, Sparklers! Before we move on to the final leg of the Prom Guide, take note: As a follow-up, I'll be doing a Facebook chat next week to give LIVE ADVICE on all things prom-related! (Or anything else you want to ask about. I'm not... More  →
The Auntie SparkNotes Guide to Prom, Part 6: Dates, The Aftermath

Blogging Eclipse: Part 19

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 25, 2010
Chapter Nineteen: Selfish Better Title: Whatever Baby Wants, Baby Gets Not much happens in this chapter. So, instead of a traditional blog, I present to you this summary of events in poem form. Enjoy. T'was late in the morn' when Bella awoke. She had slept in real late, and... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 19

The 2nd Annual Yearbook Awards Are Here!

By EmmaMarch 25, 2010
When this editor was in high school, she won Best Actress. It was thrilling—but her joy was mixed with pain. You see, her mother won Best Rear View (aka Best Butt) when she was a senior. And her little sister won the very same superlative when... More  →
The 2nd Annual Yearbook Awards Are Here!

It's Not Worth Fighting Over

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 25, 2010
In some arguments, everyone loses. Certain topics and situations always lead to both parties storming off and slamming the door. Life is too short. Save yourself some time, take a deep breath, and when confronted with one of the following debates, simply walk away. 1. Monopoly Board... More  →
It's Not Worth Fighting Over

Read 'Em & Laugh: A Sparkler's Guide to Funny Books

By ContributorMarch 25, 2010
With a name like banana_shortcake, we figured this Sparkler would know her way around funny books. Turns out we were right. —Sparknotes editors Presenting: The best of side-splitting literature: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Oh my goodness gracious. This book is... More  →
Read 'Em & Laugh: A Sparkler's Guide to Funny Books

A N00b's Disney Adventure, Part 2: Mulan

By ContributorMarch 25, 2010
Our resident Disney neophyte, flunkybed, is back, and funnier than ever. —SparkNotes editors First off, I just have to say that Mulan is the most kickass Disney heroine ever. In fact, she's high up on the list of Most Awesome People Ever In The... More  →
A N00b's Disney Adventure, Part 2: Mulan

Auntie SparkNotes: Squeaking and Shrieking

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 25, 2010
Don't forget: Auntie can now be found (and friended!) on Facebook. Dear Auntie SparkNotes, So, there's this guy that I really like (like really really, head over heels kind-of like). And I'm pretty sure he likes me back (glances at me, smiles at me, asks me... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Squeaking and Shrieking