Skip over navigation

Open Thread for September 12

By EmmaSeptember 12, 2010
What's going on with this goat? Is he getting low? Impersonating a slobby human watching TV? Taking a little break after going for a jog? Trying to recover after hearing terrible news? Thanks for mystifying us, Dont_Panic_42! Send your ambiguous pictures to contribute@sparknotes.com for... More  →
Open Thread for September 12

Open Thread for September 11

By EmmaSeptember 11, 2010
It's Fashion Week in New York. How appropriate, then, that today's OT features ESKan's tres chic guinea pig, Max. Note the perfectly-coiffed whiskers, Blue Steel gaze, and fashion-forward accessorizing. Also note that Max is a girl. Gender-bending is so hot for 2010. Send your runway... More  →
Open Thread for September 11

How to Name Inanimate Objects

By ContributorSeptember 10, 2010
Thanks to you, blacktophat, this ed's computer is now called Prince Barnaby McSwigglesworth Junior the Third. Classy, right? —Sparkitors iPods do have souls! And feelings. How do you think it makes your electronic devices and knick-knacks feel when you don’t deem them... More  →
How to Name Inanimate Objects

A Day in the Life at Drum Major Camp

Built-in nap time?! Can we go to your camp, PatanRocks1210? —Sparkitors Drum Major Camp is only four days long, and everyone whines when it ends. This year, I had too much fun not to write about it for SparkNotes. It's like band camp, only... More  →
A Day in the Life at Drum Major Camp

How to Survive High School, As Written By A Seventh Grader

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 10, 2010
You may not know a lot about high school, {Insert_Witty_Username_Here}, but you sure know a lot about making us laugh!—Sparkitors If you're reading this because you're genuinely wondering about high school, go away. Everything I know about high school... More  →
How to Survive High School, As Written By A Seventh Grader

How to Pull Off Your New Look

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 10, 2010
If you've just returned to school after a summerlong hiatus, you've probably noticed that some of your peers seem to have changed in the interim period between June and September. Last year's pockmarked froshie nerd grew seven inches and is now a clear-skinned, strapping sophomore... More  →
How to Pull Off Your New Look

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterSeptember 10, 2010
BillyBobJoeAKACheeseAKASeth is so angry at us! We didn't acknowledge his birthday, we puked on his favorite SparkLife flag, and we ate his dog for dinner. That's pretty much what he said in this comment: @sparkitors- i am very sad i told you guys that it... More  →
The Friday Awards

How To Be A Teenage Comedian

We used to want to be comedians too, nycomic56, but we were afraid people would laugh at us. GET IT?!—Sparkitors Ever since I was little, I’ve loved making people laugh. I'm part of a improv troupe and have actually performed stand-up... More  →
How To Be A Teenage Comedian

My Crush is British

We totally agree with you, kelsey; Brits are pretty smokin'!—Sparkitors If I were to make a list of all the guys I find particularly yummy, the majority of them would be British. I mean, the accent, the acting chops, the scruffy... More  →
My Crush is British

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1D

By Emily WinterSeptember 10, 2010
We've got it allllllll figured out... There will be FOUR to SIX more days of Round 1, and there will be THREE rounds total: The Mosh Pit (round 1), the Semi-Sweet Milk Chocolate Finals (round 2), and The Freakin' FINALLY Finals (round 3). As you may... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1D