Skip over navigation

Owl City: Amazing or Horrible?

By ContributorMarch 10, 2010
Considering all the Sparkler chat about whether Owl City is or isn't awesome, we commend Hali_10 for this very smart, relevant post! —SparkNotes editors If you’ve turned on your radio, strolled through the grocery store, or strutted your stuff in the mall lately, chances... More  →
Owl City: Amazing or Horrible?

Open Thread for March 10

By Emily WinterMarch 10, 2010
The day before this editor moved to New York from the Midwest, she bought her first pair of Chuck Taylors. They were pea green, laceless, low top, and pristine. Years later, she still has them—they're filthy, full of holes, and falling apart. But because of... More  →
Open Thread for March 10

Hallway to Hell: Getting to Class in One Piece

By ContributorMarch 9, 2010
We would totally befriend monsoon0203 if we were still in high school—partly because she's hilarious, and partly because she'd protect us from scary bunches of meatheads in the hallway. —SparkNotes editors The bell just rang. You jump out of your seat and rush to... More  →
Hallway to Hell: Getting to Class in One Piece

My Crush Is an Anime Girl

We can't actually tell if LightHitter94 is a guy or a girl by this post. Sure it's totally normal for a guy to love these characters, but we also see the potential for a monster Girl Crush. In either case, thanks for sharing,... More  →
My Crush Is an Anime Girl

Businesses We'd Start If We Had $5 Million!

By Robert IsenbergMarch 9, 2010
There's a knock at the door. It's a guy holding a giant cardboard check. "Congratulations!" he says. "You've won $5 million from the Tri-State Clearing House Sweepstakes! There's only one catch: You have to invest it in a new business." Argh. So much for that heated Olympic-sized... More  →
Businesses We'd Start If We Had $5 Million!

Here's to You, Creepy Beard Guy

By Kia WoodMarch 9, 2010
Hey Creepy Beard Guy, We’ve noticed you staring awkwardly at us during fourth period and we just want to say—STOP. And also—YOUR FULL-ON BEARD + MUSTACHE IS AWESOME. We know puberty can be the pits, but we celebrate your urge to buck the trend and let the... More  →
Here's to You, Creepy Beard Guy

My Four-Leaf Clover Will Bring Me...

St. Patrick's Day is coming up, and to celebrate, we're creating the  first Sparkler post/Sparkler pic combo EVER. This awesome blog post was written by xXx_lola_xXx, and the photo is of Thornessa's clover collection (she keeps clovers with four or more... More  →
My Four-Leaf Clover Will Bring Me...

Re-Casting the Classics

By Chelsea DaggerMarch 9, 2010
Have you ever wondered what your favorite old movies would be like if they were re-cast with today’s stars? Of course you haven’t. But maybe you should spend less time on that AP Language essay and more time pondering this question. Here’s your opportunity to... More  →
Re-Casting the Classics

Auntie SparkNotes: Letter from a Mean Girl

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 9, 2010
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I go to an all girl’s school and my classmates and I are really close friends, but there’s been a problem with this one girl (let’s call her Sarah). Since forever, when someone tried to approach her or make conversation, she would give... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Letter from a Mean Girl

Open Thread for March 9

By Emily WinterMarch 9, 2010
Would a gummybeararmygeneral wear ballet shoes to battle? We think so. That's random thought No. 1 for today's open thread. Take it away, Sparklers!... More  →
Open Thread for March 9