Skip over navigation

Oh, Was that YOUR Boyfriend?

By Kia WoodJanuary 29, 2010
How many times has this happened to you: you meet someone, and you really hit it off. We’re talking flying sparks, angels singing, birds tweeting… you can almost feel Cupid taking aim with his bow and arrow. On the outside you’re keeping it cool, but... More  →
Oh, Was that YOUR Boyfriend?

My Crush Is a Comic Book Character

By ContributorJanuary 29, 2010
How bout another unattainable crush post to kick off the weekend? This one's from Sparkler Orangemtgirl, who, btw, is very good at explaining the complexities of comic book story arcs to her editors. Enjoy! —SparkNotes editors Is it just me, or are superpowers... More  →
My Crush Is a Comic Book Character

How to Professionalize Your Cover Letter

By Nate DernJanuary 29, 2010
Cover letters are important. And as with many things in life, the presentation of the content in your cover letter is sometimes just as, if not more, significant than the content itself. These letters are a chance to brag about yourself outside of the bullet-pointed information... More  →
How to Professionalize Your Cover Letter

Pants on the Ground...In Space

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 29, 2010
Unless you live under a rock (and even then, it would have to be a really, really big rock) you've heard about Pants on the Ground, the original song by 62 year-old American Idol hopeful Larry Platt, which quickly became January's biggest viral video... More  →
Pants on the Ground...In Space

Pros and Cons of Coffee Shop Studying

By Julie KrautJanuary 29, 2010
Getting ready to buckle down and study for midterms or wrap up some homework? You might be able to up your productivity by switching scenery from your bedroom desk to a cushy chair at your local coffee shop. Of course, the cappuccino-and-croissant-fueled homework setup isn’t... More  →
Pros and Cons of Coffee Shop Studying

Gross Plastic Underpants (and Other Things You Can't Wear If You Want to Hang Out With Us)

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 29, 2010
If you're staying current on internet ephemera this week, you've probably seen this terrifying viral sensation already—a scan of the exhaustive seven-page-long mandatory dress code for girls rushing at Cornell's Pi Phi sorority. In addition to leaving the entire internet in head-shaking disbelief, this... More  →
Gross Plastic Underpants (and Other Things You Can't Wear If You Want to Hang Out With Us)

Hanging Out with Jazzy: Why Am I Awake at 5 a.m.?!

By ContributorJanuary 29, 2010
Go to bed, villanous_mwaha! —SparkNotes editors Many people stay up all the way through Friday night till the early hours of Saturday morn, but those people are usually...umm... "completely smashed," to put it bluntly. I am writing this at 5 a.m., but not for... More  →
Hanging Out with Jazzy: Why Am I Awake at 5 a.m.?!

7 Ways Not to Impress Girls

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 28, 2010
1. Do 29 cartwheels in a row. Follow this stupendous display of acrobatic skill by barfing. 2. Claim you are the lesser-known but still irrefutably famous fourth member of the Jonas Brothers, “Bonus Jonas.” Buy some inordinately skinny white jeans and say irresistible stuff... More  →
7 Ways Not to Impress Girls

An Explosion of Awesome

By Emily WinterJanuary 28, 2010
Our office is exploding with awesome. And you guys are responsible. Here's the thing: You Sparklers have sent us soooo much cool stuff that we just can't keep it in any longer. Some of the links haven't appeared on Awesome Thing of the Week because they've... More  →
An Explosion of Awesome

Hands In: Let's Make a Pact

By Ashley SpencerJanuary 28, 2010
If you're someone who pays attention to pop culture and the horrible things airing on television, you’ve probably heard of Lifetime’s latest disaster: “The Pregnancy Pact,” a shameless attempt to cash in on that total hoax made up by a principal... More  →
Hands In: Let's Make a Pact