Search Menu
Menu

Help This Sparkler Edit An Application Essay About Alzheimer's

By Miss MarmSeptember 14, 2011
Sarah needs help with her application essay. Read it over and leave your suggestions in the comments! I'm writing for the "Evaluate a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dilemma you have faced and its impact on you" prompt. I have exactly... More  →
Help This Sparkler Edit An Application Essay About Alzheimer's

Calling All Hipster Heroes: This Sparkler Needs Your Help!

By ContributorSeptember 14, 2011
To all you musically-inclined Sparklers out there: July_Sparkling is in dire need of your advice! Get on this!—Sparkitors Well, fellow Sparklers, my senior year is finally upon me. THIS IS TERRIFYING, for one reason: at the end of the year,... More  →
Calling All Hipster Heroes: This Sparkler Needs Your Help!

How to Become the Next Tween Heartthrob

oceaneyesx3 has got the tips to turn you into the next spectacularly-coiffed teen sensation. Don't forget about us when you hit it big.—Sparkitors Have you ever been so jealous of Justin Bieber or Robert Pattinson... More  →
How to Become the Next Tween Heartthrob

The Low-Down on Pottermore (by Elodie, Who is NOT the Cleverest Witch of Her Age)

By ElodieSeptember 14, 2011
If you recently heard a strangled, inhuman screech akin to a donkey's mating call, that was me getting my Pottermore e-mail. I swear I almost burst a blood vessel in excitement. Having spent many hours closeted in my room, rediscovering the magic of... More  →
The Low-Down on Pottermore (by Elodie, Who is NOT the Cleverest Witch of Her Age)

How to Survive Your Junior Year of High School

Though jmorgan101 forgot to mention ninja drills, the top-secret peril of junior year, we still think this is a pretty good guide. –Sparkitors So you're a high school junior. You're neither the big kid on campus nor an underclassman with an excuse for not... More  →
How to Survive Your Junior Year of High School

Open Thread for September 14

By SparkLifeSeptember 14, 2011
Hey! JustAnotherUsername here, and this is just something I thought you all might find amusing. This is Fluffy the Vampire Horse. He's fighting the prejudice people have against vampire horses, and working toward equal rights for all blood-sucking creatures. It's a very noble,... More  →
Open Thread for September 14

Auntie SparkNotes: The Dance of Jealousy

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 13, 2011
Dear Auntie, I've been dating this guy for about a year and a half. He's wonderful and we make a really good match. However, he's leaving for college in a few days. I'm a senior in high school, and while I'll miss him, I'm extremely excited... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Dance of Jealousy

No More Whining: Ashley's Workout Advice

By Ashley SpencerSeptember 13, 2011
Dear Ashley: I'm 5'7'' and 160 lbs. I'm not horribly overweight, but I've been 160 lbs since I was 13 (I'm almost 17 ) and I'm tired of weighing more than the rest of my friends. I know if I just lose 15 lbs and tone... More  →
No More Whining: Ashley's Workout Advice

The Pros and Cons of Curly Hair

By ContributorSeptember 13, 2011
Arty’sGirl joins the great hair debate with a post on curly hair, which we LOVE. —Sparkitors For years I had straight hair (we’re not talking “mostly straight”—it was so straight it looked permanently hot ironed). And then I hit puberty. Well,... More  →
The Pros and Cons of Curly Hair

Chelsea Dagger Clearly Does Not Have a Future in Marine Biology

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 13, 2011
Because I trust you all so much, I am about to reveal something deeply, deeply embarrassing: until about 17 minutes ago, I had no idea what a manticore was. I was reading lemoni-squares' story, in which the heroine attempts to slay... More  →
Chelsea Dagger Clearly Does Not Have a Future in Marine Biology