Skip over navigation

Auntie SparkNotes: Eating Disorders and Penguins

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 2, 2009
Auntie, I have something I was wanting to ask that I don't know if you can answer or not: I have suffered from an eating disorder and am feeling that it is coming back again. I am a college student (and am 15--stressful) I know it... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Eating Disorders and Penguins

And You Are...?

By ContributorDecember 2, 2009
We've wondered for a while what's behind Sparkler rebel_of_nowhere's cool nickname, and it appears she's been wondering the same about you! —SparkNotes editors Would a rose by any other name smell as sweet? Maybe, but I don’t think Sparkler comments would have quite the... More  →
And You Are...?

What the... (Easter Bunny Edition)

By Kathryn_WilliamsDecember 2, 2009
A couple weeks ago (before we were temporarily disabled by postprandial Thanksgiving somnolence, i.e., nappy time after too much turkey), we let you in on one of the top secret, magical ingredients of a SparkLife post: the Shutterstock image. We have a... More  →
What the... (Easter Bunny Edition)

Top 10 Christmas Movies

By ContributorDecember 1, 2009
Yesterday we were giving out some serious Christmas negativity, so today we thought we'd switch gears and let mochalatte7362 give you a few reasons to get excited about the holiday! —SparkNotes editors I've been reading posts about how people are getting excited... More  →
Top 10 Christmas Movies

Movies You Might Have Missed: The Other Cusack

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 1, 2009
Last week, we posted a roundup of video clips in honor of Thanksgiving, including one of our favorite scenes from the classic nineties movie The Addams Family Values. We knew you'd love it, but what we didn't know was that super-savvy commenter More  →
Movies You Might Have Missed: The Other Cusack

Counting Badgers, and Other Useful Math Skills

Do you hate math? Are you hoping to attend state school in Baltimore, MD? We have bad news for you: UM administrators might require incoming students to take math during their senior year of high school. In light of the latest push for more... More  →
Counting Badgers, and Other Useful Math Skills

Chris Listens: Medication, Confirmation, and the Pressure to Pursue Higher Education

By Chris_DikenDecember 1, 2009
Hey, where were all of you last Thursday? Didn't I invite everyone over to my aunt's house for Thanksgiving dinner? Didn't I explain how she recently purchased a football stadium so she now has room for over 80,000 guests? Well, in any case,... More  →
Chris Listens: Medication, Confirmation, and the Pressure to Pursue Higher Education

Dagger University: Roommate Dilemma

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 1, 2009
Hi Chelsea! So, I go to a pretty affluent school—one of the top 50 ranked universities in the US. I have three roommates and we just can't seem to understand each other a lot of the time. I am from a background of immigrants and an... More  →
Dagger University: Roommate Dilemma

The Diary of Ashley Spencer: Home—and Not Just for the Holidays

By Ashley SpencerDecember 1, 2009
Last week, I wrote about my conundrum: to move out, or not to move out? Well, I've made what one might call a fiscally responsible decision (doesn’t that sound about as fun as sitting through a six-hour lecture on hedge funds?) I decided that... More  →
The Diary of Ashley Spencer: Home—and Not Just for the Holidays

Auntie SparkNotes: Being a Somebody

Dear Auntie Sparknotes, It's a little embarrassing to talk about this, but this is really stressing me out. See, I always get really good marks in school and, because of this, it seems that EVERYONE expects me to become "A Somebody". All my teachers, relatives, friends... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Being a Somebody