Skip over navigation

How to Get Rid of the Hiccups

By ContributorFebruary 1, 2010
Thanks, abby0912, for this helpful guide. We hate hiccups! —SparkNotes editors Hiccups can be so annoying, maddening, and debilitating that lots of stories have used them as the primary predicament for the protagonist. Hiccups were the conflict in an episode of Johnny... More  →
How to Get Rid of the Hiccups

A Guide to the Sadie Hawkins Dance

Sparkler indianpianist has written this empowering guide to the Sadie Hawkins dance! —SparkNotes editors If you live in the US and go to a public high school, chances are your “Sadie Hawkins” dance is coming up.  For those of you who don’t know, Sadie... More  →
A Guide to the Sadie Hawkins Dance

February Horoscopes

By Dan_BergsteinFebruary 1, 2010
The shortest month of the year has arrived. Will you still have enough time to find true love, become stinking rich, and get revenge on your enemies? Read on to find out… Aries (March 21 – April 19) Your ankles are stronger than you assume. Don't be... More  →
February Horoscopes

A Day in the Life of a Private Jewish School Kid

Sparkler lanzoscrublet was inspired by our Day in the Life series, which synchrogirl117 started with her post A Day in the Life of a Public School Kid. We love this post, lanzoscrublet! —SparkNotes editors I'm an average 15-year-old girl, and have average... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Private Jewish School Kid

How to Break Up in 25 Steps

By Robert IsenbergJanuary 29, 2010
1 . Listen, we have to talk. 2. Put down the Wiimote. Please? 3. I've been thinking. About us. But more particularly, all of your unstomachable habits. 4. You know what I'm talking about. 5. Really? You have no idea what I'm talking about? 6. Leaving half-eaten Hot Pockets on... More  →
How to Break Up in 25 Steps

What It's Like to Live In...Small-Town Jersey

By ContributorJanuary 29, 2010
Sparkler Mconn517 lives a mere hour and a half from your editors. *waving* Howdy, neighbor! —SparkNotes eds As Sparklers around the world tell their adventures of city livin', or being a hop, skip, and a jump away from a lion... More  →
What It's Like to Live In...Small-Town Jersey

Chris Listens: Flirty Guys, Self-Diagnosis, and the Best Way to Greet a Teen

By Chris_DikenJanuary 29, 2010
Major bummer alert: J.D. Salinger, the author of bona fide literary classics such as The Catcher in the Rye and Franny and Zooey, died yesterday at the age of 91. It’s sad when anyone dies, and especially when a great writer expires,... More  →
Chris Listens: Flirty Guys, Self-Diagnosis, and the Best Way to Greet a Teen

Auntie SparkNotes: Mr. and Mrs. Butthead

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 29, 2010
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, In a few hopefully short months I will be going away to that beautiful place they call college.  I am over-the-moon excited to go.  My best friend and my boyfriend are both going with me along with a few other friends. The campus is... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Mr. and Mrs. Butthead

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterJanuary 29, 2010
We're catching a mental plane to Fritopia, a tiny town on the coast of New Weekendsburg, and we want you to join us! What's the best way to get you in the mood for a trip (that's all in your heads, but still)? Celebrating your brilliance and... More  →
The Friday Awards

Movies You Might Have Missed: La, La, Laaaaa

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 29, 2010
Before you were potty trained—or even born—Hollywood made some good movies. Movies You Might Have Missed is a recurring feature in which your SparkNotes editors recommend a few watchable films from the 1990s or before. Movie musicals, in theory, are some of the wackiest films you'll... More  →
Movies You Might Have Missed: La, La, Laaaaa