Skip over navigation

What Your Seat Says About You

By laura_buchholzSeptember 29, 2009
Say it’s your first day of class. You’re the first one in your classroom, so you have your pick of seats. Which one do you choose? Your selection says a lot about you and what your future might hold. If you sit... Front row, center You are... The student... More  →
What Your Seat Says About You

"There's No Such Thing as a Saturday," and Other Potential Viral Crazes

By Katie_RolnickSeptember 29, 2009
There's a new virus making its way through China. Don't panic—we're not talking about a mutant strain of SARS or swine flu. We're talking about a bizarre but harmless viral phenomenon that began a few months ago. It started as an anonymous post on... More  →

How To Do Your Homework Without Falling Asleep

By ContributorSeptember 29, 2009
Prolific Sparkler xXx_lola_xXx has some practical–and some unconventional—tips for getting that boring homework finished. Enjoy! —SparkNotes Editors I'm about a month into my freshman year of high school, and one thing is clear: I hate homework. I think it was created to torture all... More  →
How To Do Your Homework Without Falling Asleep

Junk Food on the Brain

By Rupinder_GillSeptember 29, 2009
We always suspected the cheeseburgers were controlling us! And finally, new research vindicates all us junk food addicts. A study by UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas discovered that fat from certain foods (ice cream and burgers, yummm) heads right to the brain.... More  →
Junk Food on the Brain

Welcome to Banned Book Week!

By Matt_HunzikerSeptember 28, 2009
We’re pretty much all book nerds here at SparkNotes (as are plenty of you Sparklers), so we love this time of year. Why? Because from September 26th to October 3rd, it's National Banned Book Week, which gives us a chance to feel like... More  →
Welcome to Banned Book Week!

Choosing Your Senior Quote

By ContributorSeptember 28, 2009
Sparkler Juliet_92 heads into uncharted SparkLife territory in this great post about choosing a senior quote. Hope  you like it! —SparkNotes Editors For the past eleven years, the most important part of your yearbook was your picture. However, as you arrive on campus a... More  →
Choosing Your Senior Quote

5 Good Reasons to Listen to Classical Music

By Matt_HunzikerSeptember 28, 2009

Unless you play in your school’s orchestra or listen to public radio, chances are you think of classical music as the quiet, tasteful background noise heard in movies, upscale department stores, and scenes in movies that take place in upscale department stores.

It can... More  →

5 Good Reasons to Listen to Classical Music

Cute Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterSeptember 28, 2009
This photo illustrates perfectly the reasons we should all aspire to be dogs: When you're a dog, there is no loss of innocence, no obligation to be self-aware, no such things as ego, responsibility, creepy uncles, or dental floss. You wanna get wet? Jump in a... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

How To Be the Best Texter EVER

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 28, 2009
Texting is taking over our lives, and man oh man, is it great. Jim needs directions to the movie theater? Text him. Sarah desperately needs covert advice about what to do when her date orders 17 root beer floats and builds a root beer castle?... More  →
How To Be the Best Texter EVER

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterSeptember 25, 2009
Welcome to another wonderful Friday Awards, Sparklers! Before we get this party started, I'd like to make a few announcements: You may have noticed that this week's Awesome Thing was brought to us by Sparkler LunarCircus. Congrats, LunarCircus, you... More  →
The Friday Awards