Search Menu
Menu

So Many College Clubs, So Little Time!

By ContributorSeptember 2, 2011
LadyM is starting university in Canada soon—and she needs your help to narrow down her endless extracurricular options!—Sparkitors The fact that my actual name (Megann) starts with an "M" is a just a happy coincidence, because that had very little to... More  →
So Many College Clubs, So Little Time!

The Best Fictional Best Friends

By ContributorSeptember 2, 2011
After reading dac213's post, we're dying for a new BFF. Think Sam Gagee is open for the position? —Sparkitors There have been countless posts about fictional crushes, but what about fictional BFFs? You know, the kind of friends who will literally help you defeat... More  →
The Best Fictional Best Friends

Open Thread for September 2

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 2, 2011
that_other_leah made these adorable little plush toys! We are in awe of her crafting abilities (and her knowledge of Star Wars). My little brother loves obscure Star Wars characters, so for his birthday, I made him a cuddly plush figure... More  →
Open Thread for September 2

Auntie SparkNotes: Estranged

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 1, 2011
Hello, Auntie! Let me get right to the point: My dad filed for divorce in June of 2010. He had mentioned thinking about it the previous November, but he left for Iraq the next day and we didn't hear about it again until he emailed my... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Estranged

Achieving the Captain America Kiss

By ContributorSeptember 1, 2011
Scott-Free's not concentrating on the kiss—he's thinking about Captain America. —Sparkitors I saw Captain America this week! It was the best. I even liked Red Skull, especially when he brought in Nietzsche’s philosophy of the Ubermensch—a very astute tie-in made by a screenwriter I... More  →
Achieving the Captain America Kiss

Thrifty Back-to-School Outfits

By ApneetSeptember 1, 2011
It's that time again—backpacks, schedules, SCHOOL! But first and foremost, it's time to go shopping for back-to-school outfits. With the summer coming to a close, I tend to transform my wardrobe from short shorts and tank tops into a more school-friendly style. But even when... More  →
Thrifty Back-to-School Outfits

Katy Perry Runs Track (Or Something Like That)

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 1, 2011
If you think boys in short shorts are sexy, you'll love this video. A cross country team did a parody of Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream," and this is what they came up with. I don't know anything about running (although I think you have to... More  →
Katy Perry Runs Track (Or Something Like That)

Shut Up and Kiss Me

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 1, 2011
Ever wish your crush would just hurry it up and plant one on you? ZoeiGirl's playlist will only increase that feeling—but in a good way, I think. So, for all you NBKs out there, here's a playlist you can empathize with. More  →
Shut Up and Kiss Me

Mankler Crush: Hot Musicians!

By ContributorSeptember 1, 2011
Metalhead865  shows some love for his favorite female musicians!—Sparkitors I'm something of a music expert around these parts, so it seemed only fitting that I put together a list of my favorite super(ish)star crushes. What other crush... More  →
Mankler Crush: Hot Musicians!

Ask a Teacher: Does Participation Really Count?

By Mr. KatsibubasSeptember 1, 2011
Q: Does participation really count? A: I was always shocked when a teacher would explain that participation in class discussions was going to have a large effect on my final grade. To go along with all of the awkwardness that comes with being in high school,... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Does Participation Really Count?