Search Menu
Menu

Auntie SparkNotes: Secret Heathen

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 5, 2011
Dear Auntie, I'm about to be a junior in high school, which means its time to start college shopping. I'm super psyched about this, and the parental units and I are in the process of planning college visits. This is where I sprint headlong into... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Secret Heathen

How to Be a Hippie (While Keeping a Clean Record)

By ContributorAugust 5, 2011
nevillyemily got the perfect plan to turn you into a low-key, law-abiding, peace-sign princess.—Sparkitors Ever wanted to live the awesome hippie lifestyle but weren't too crazy about the pot-smoking and random nudity involved? Don't worry; you can... More  →
How to Be a Hippie (While Keeping a Clean Record)

The First Episodes of Doctor Who

By ContributorAugust 5, 2011
Did she hate it? DID SHE LOVE IT?! TheaterAddict reports back from her first week as a Whovian-in-training. –Sparkitors So I’ve watched the first four episodes of Doctor Who. My verdict? So far, it’s decent. Especially the first two episodes. I think it has... More  →
The First Episodes of Doctor Who

What To Wear When You're Feeling Sweet

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 5, 2011
Today, I woke up feeling like a sherbet ice cream cone. Note that I don't say I woke up feeling like eating a sherbet ice cream cone. In fact, I hate sherbet ice cream. Sherbet is all presentation and no payoff, it is one of the... More  →
What To Wear When You're Feeling Sweet

I Know What You Did Last Friday

By Aislinn ShevlinAugust 5, 2011
This is kind of precious... and catchy!  Thanks bowchloe for sending it in! Send in your favorite videos at contribute@sparknotes.com... More  →
I Know What You Did Last Friday

Open Thread for August 5

By Emily WinterAugust 5, 2011
Sydney8871's cat embodies everything we want to be: -All like "Hey what are you looking at? Leave me alone, codpiece." -Obscenely cute. -Okay you got us, we just want to be a cat in a pot.... More  →
Open Thread for August 5

Ask Jono: How To Be a Wingwoman

By Jon_SkindzierAugust 4, 2011
Dear Jono, May I start off by saying I very much enjoy your column? Seriously. It rocks. However, there is a another matter at hand, for which I seek your wisdom. It seems that I have been chosen by one of my guy friends... More  →
Ask Jono: How To Be a Wingwoman

How to Annoy People in the Elevator

By ContributorAugust 4, 2011
GingerRain is a master of annoyance, and we LOVE that about her.—Sparkitors Once again, you've been whisked away and dragged to an unbelievably boring place. Whether you're stuck in a hotel in Missouri or glued to your parents while they shop for oversized underwear... More  →
How to Annoy People in the Elevator

Reading List for the Yale-Bound

By ContributorAugust 4, 2011
Laura, aka rosefan42, is a British Sparkler applying to Yale. This week she shows us her summer reading list! —Sparkitors Happy summer, Sparklers! I am in FRANCE right now, typing away at a really weird French keyboard, so if my writing goes a... More  →
Reading List for the Yale-Bound

Death to Cursive!

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 4, 2011
Cursive (or script writing if you’re fancy folk) is a dead art, and we’d like to drop a shovelful of dirt on its grave. Last month the education industry erupted with shouts and hollers when school districts in Hawaii and Indiana considered dropping... More  →
Death to Cursive!