Skip over navigation

My Not-Great First Date

By ContributorMay 4, 2010
This ed just saw a current pic of the guy she went on her first-ever date with. He is bald. He wears wife beaters. He has 603 tattoos, and a toddler, and facial hair growing all the way down to his fingertips. We... More  →
My Not-Great First Date

Auntie SparkNotes: Stop Trying to Make "British" Happen! It's Not Going to Happen!

By kat_rosenfieldMay 4, 2010
What do you do when your friend teases you about a country *you're not even from*? Auntie has the answers. —SparkNotes editors Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I have a friend that blames my every quirk on the fact that I am "British". I mention that I don't like... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Stop Trying to Make

Blogging My Bam

Sparkler kantika got the idea for this post from MegAmanda8. We love to see Sparklers working together to buy this editor a yacht with their summer job money. —SparkNotes editors ... More  →
Blogging My Bam

The Answer Guide for Guys

Pay attention, gentlemen: Sparkler pikori may have just saved you from a world of hurt.—SparkNotes editors Girls love asking questions. And they love getting answers—as long as those answers follow strict, unbreakable guidelines. So guys, take note: as much as girls... More  →
The Answer Guide for Guys

Open Thread for May 4

By Emily WinterMay 4, 2010
What's the best possible name for a 10-foot, 300-pound snake who terrifies (and occasionally eats) small children in Ohio? Fluffy. Thanks, home9310 for sending this amazing pic of our newest honorary Sparkler, FluffyHeartsPrettyMice.... More  →
Open Thread for May 4

You Know You're a Band Nerd When...

By ContributorMay 3, 2010
Sparkler 9soccerluv9 is an expert on band nerds. We may or may not have rocked a few tuba solos in our day, so we can totally dig it. —the SparkNotes Editors You know you're a band nerd... More  →
You Know You're a Band Nerd When...

How To Play Off Embarrassing Situations

Sparkler cici_eZ must have seen us weeping on the playground yesterday after our totally humiliating loss at the Come-back Contest (those 4th graders have some really snappy insults). After reading her advice, we'll never again lose a battle of wits to a 9-year-old.—the... More  →
How To Play Off Embarrassing Situations

5 Types of Awkward Guys

It sounds like Sparkler FadingRose isn't exactly surrounded by Prince Charmings. On the upside, her post made us laugh so hard that we accidentally knocked our brand-new computer off our desk. It broke in half. Thanks a lot, FadingRose. —the SparkNotes... More  →
5 Types of Awkward Guys

How to Survive a High School Hallway

a.jonesy, warn us if you're ever in NYC. We'll stay out of your way. —SparkNotes editors Ah, the hallway! Home to the most bizarre, hilarious, and tragic events. When it's rush hour on the road, you get a fender bender. But when it's rush... More  →
How to Survive a High School Hallway

What to Do When You’re Suddenly the Only Friend You've Got

Due to Sparkler ShamWOW77's awesomeness, all of her friends are seniors, and all of them are about to graduate. The problem? She's a junior. —SparkNotes editors Because my friends are taking off for college, I have to find a new group or... More  →
What to Do When You’re Suddenly the Only Friend You've Got