Skip over navigation

Breaking Up? Don't Be Like Bella.

By ContributorFebruary 4, 2010
Sparkler MadamePresident7 explores the dark sides of Valentine's Day: breakups and Edward. —SparkNotes eds I recently broke up with my boyfriend and was, as you can imagine, feeling really down. My younger sister felt sorry for me, so she handed me her copy of... More  →
Breaking Up? Don't Be Like Bella.

Our Valentine's Day Minisite Is Here!

By Emily WinterFebruary 4, 2010
As this photo illustrates, Valentine's Day is not safe. You could start your Feb. 14 with an innocent, festive lollipop and wind up with dark red warts on your upper lip—warts that'll make your crush say, "If you really love me, baby, you'll set me... More  →
Our Valentine's Day Minisite Is Here!

The Best (And Worst) Parts Of Your School

By Jon_SkindzierFebruary 4, 2010
Every school has its own unique geography—the nice parts, the gross parts, the parts of those parts that are falling apart. Every room and hallway has a personality, from the bureaucratic, teacher-y feel of the principal's office to the animated, boisterous commons, and then also... More  →
The Best (And Worst) Parts Of Your School

The Best Ways to Insult SparkLife Writers

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 4, 2010
Today’s post was inspired by a Sparkler who wrote the following comment under a recently published article: “Wait, really? This was front-paged for...what reason? Protip: next time you wanna post a little joke joke Chelsea [Dagger], alt+f4 gives max funniness instantly. Try it a few... More  →
The Best Ways to Insult SparkLife Writers

Should You Friend Your Mom on Facebook?

By Kia WoodFebruary 4, 2010
It’s that dreaded notification you never hoped to receive: You have a Facebook friend request—from Mom. You are consumed by panic. What do you do? Step 1: Delay That’s right, put it off as long as possible. Depending on how swift your parental unit is, confirming a Facebook friendship... More  →
Should You Friend Your Mom on Facebook?

Auntie SparkNotes: At Least You Don't Have a Second, Evil Head!

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 4, 2010
Hey there Auntie, I recently started reading your advice, and I figured you would be a good person to open up to. I'm a 16 year old guy, and all I want is a good relationship with someone I really like (Doesn't everyone?). However, that seems... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: At Least You Don't Have a Second, Evil Head!

6 Reasons to Watch the Super Bowl (Even if You Don't Like Football)

By Katie_RolnickFebruary 3, 2010
Every year on a Sunday in the dead of winter, millions of people across the nation take shelter inside, gather up some grub, and shout at the TV. That's right, Sparklers, it's time for the Super Bowl! If you're a football fan, this game is... More  →
6 Reasons to Watch the Super Bowl (Even if You Don't Like Football)

How to Make Your Fairy Tale Come True

By ContributorFebruary 3, 2010
We agree with IPebble completely. Every Sparkler, and everyone here in New York City, could really benefit from a talking cartoon animal pal. **sigh** Maybe someday. —SparkNotes editors I was just watching Enchanted again, for the fourth or fifth time. In my defense,... More  →
How to Make Your Fairy Tale Come True

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterFebruary 3, 2010
Last week, when we were cleaning out our Awesome Thing inbox, we found a link that we'd totally forgotten about, even though we LOL-ed our butts off every time it was sent to us. We probably never put up this hilarious parody because it... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

7 MORE Things Girls Don't Want to Hear on a First Date

By ContributorFebruary 3, 2010
Two girl Sparklers responded to Coffinmaker's recent post "7 Things Guys Don't Want to Hear on a First Date" with their own versions. We recently ran Hali_10's post, and today we've got a really super... More  →
7 MORE Things Girls Don't Want to Hear on a First Date