Skip over navigation

Give Us More Animals!

By Kia WoodFebruary 8, 2010
Last night was the Superbowl, and no matter what team you rooted for, you probably joined the rest of America in giving the commercials a thumbs down. If the highlight is a 30 second spot about Googling, it’s safe to say advertisers weren’t... More  →
Give Us More Animals!

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in India

By Kathryn_WilliamsFebruary 8, 2010
Namaste, Sparklers! Your faithful SparkLife scribe has just returned from a whirlwind two-week trip to India where she ate lime pickles, found herself (apparently she had been lost for some time), and talked to monkeys. While she is happy to return... More  →
All I Really Need to Know I Learned in India

Five Most Memorable Auditorium Moments

By Dan_BergsteinFebruary 8, 2010
The school auditorium is not simply a place to watch musicals and sleep. It is a place of magic. A place of high ceilings, and unusual folding chairs. A place where a whisper can sound like a scream due to the odd acoustics. A... More  →
Five  Most Memorable Auditorium Moments

Badgering Buffalos, Buffaloing Badgers, and Starting a Papaya War

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 8, 2010
When it comes to grammar, linguistics, and the peculiarities of the English language, we at Sparknotes are not afraid to admit the truth: We are enormous nerds. Anagrams delight us, homophones get us all hot and bothered, and when we're having a particularly geeky day,... More  →
Badgering Buffalos, Buffaloing Badgers, and Starting a Papaya War

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterFebruary 5, 2010
Dear ConfuzzledMuggle, Us editors would like to respond to your question, "okay, sparknotes editors, if you could have a talking animal, what would it be?" We have chosen a baby sea otter. What would it say? This: I'm only a baby sea otter, but I know... More  →
The Friday Awards

What It's Like to Live In...Small-Town Louisiana

By ContributorFebruary 5, 2010
Just in time for the Super Bowl, ScrtShdwHntr clears up some myths about Louisianians. Geaux Saints! —SparkNotes editors I live in a small town in Louisiana, a humid state with lots of small towns and funny names. When most people think of Louisiana, they... More  →
What It's Like to Live In...Small-Town Louisiana

Good Ideas/Bad Ideas...for Singletons

By ContributorFebruary 5, 2010
Whenever we hear the word "singletons," we think of Bridget Jones...and that makes us happy. What makes us even happier? Jazzy posts. —SparkNotes eds. Valentine’s Day can be a daunting prospect for those who are not currently partaking in a romantic relationship. I should know. I’m... More  →
Good Ideas/Bad Ideas...for Singletons

The Worst Movie of 2009

By Dan_BergsteinFebruary 5, 2010
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is out on DVD. Do not buy it. It's the worst movie of 2009. We might receive a lot of hate mail as a result of this claim—the movie made over $800 million dollars, which means many of you... More  →
The Worst Movie of 2009

Sex Education: Now With Cartoons!

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 5, 2010
Because nothing is more interesting to the media than sexy, sexy sex among nubile and hormone-ridden teenagers, today's papers are abuzz with reports about a new study on the effectiveness of abstinence-only sex education. A new study showed that focus groups of sixth and... More  →
Sex Education: Now With Cartoons!

Auntie SparkNotes: Claiming Your Crush

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 5, 2010
Here in Auntieville, I spend a lot of time feeling guilty about my inability to answer more than one letter at once. So when two closely related letters showed up within just a day of each other, that was pretty exciting—it's a two-fer! And if... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Claiming Your Crush