Skip over navigation

A Day In The Life of a Socially-Clueless Smart Kid

By ContributorSeptember 14, 2010
Real Alias, you just need to rock some confidence pants—that social awkwardness will disappear in no time!—Sparkitors Honesty time: I'm no genius. While you could definitely say that I'm of above-average intelligence, when it comes down to my social... More  →
A Day In The Life of a Socially-Clueless Smart Kid

5 Ways To Deal With Criticism

By ContributorSeptember 14, 2010
Thanks for the solid advice, jtjuvenile—and mad props for all the alliteration in this post!—Sparkitors Experiencing an onslaught of stinging, critical words is never a fun-filled experience; you’re basically boiling with rage as... More  →
5 Ways To Deal With Criticism

Auntie SparkNotes: Do Yew Tawlk Funneeee?

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 14, 2010
What should you do when people make fun of your accent? Bless their hearts. —Sparkitors Hey Auntie! My family and I have lived in the South as long as I can remember. So, naturally, I have a slight Southern accent; think Sandra Bullock in "The Blind Side."... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Do Yew Tawlk Funneeee?

Open Thread for September 14

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 14, 2010
bookworkm385 sent us this gnarly-rad sick pic of a bike flip, yo. (Did we sound genuinely cool just then? Actually, don't answer that.)... More  →
Open Thread for September 14

Why Moving in the Middle of High School Can Be a Good Thing

By ContributorSeptember 13, 2010
We wish E is Pulchritudinous the best of luck at her new school! —Sparkitors So, it’s the summer before junior year, you’re back from vacation, and you’re actually almost halfway finished procrastinating on your summer assignments. Then your parent finds out that they will... More  →
 Why Moving in the Middle of High School Can Be a Good Thing

An Open Letter to You!

Runxbabyxrun sent in one of the most heart-warming and incredible letters we've ever received. We hope you appreciate it as much as we do! —Sparkitors Dear Sparklers, Every single one of you, every Sparkler and every Mankler, is amazing, and though I do not... More  →
An Open Letter to You!

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1E

By Sarah PeregoySeptember 13, 2010
Yo, Sparklers! I'm your comment-reading/birthday-scouring/loving-every-minute-of-it intern, here to bring you the next round of the SparkNotes Academy Flag contest. These flags are epic, y’all. I am super-jealous of how high-tech and computer-savvy your flags make you seem. I imagine that you’re all like Emily, who can... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1E

Surviving Your First Year of Internet School

Thanks for such a detailed and helpful guide, MutantFrogsAreOnTheLoose!—Sparkitors Maybe you're fed up with lazy classmates, maybe it's for religious reasons, or maybe it's because of that small incident involving sardines, Crisco, and the school fire alarm (I'm innocent, I tell you,... More  →
Surviving Your First Year of Internet School

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 13, 2010
Annnnnnd...WE'RE BACK. (And cuter than ever, as evidenced by this image of Tiger, submitted by muffinsarejustbetter.) We know you missed us terribly last Monday, but our absence has its upside: as we didn't post a new Cute... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

What It's Like To Live In...St. Louis

We've never been to St. Louis, gummybeararmygeneral, but after hearing about all the delicious food, we really want to go!—Sparkitors St. Louis, Missouri: it's number 7 on Forbes' list of America's Most Miserable... More  →
What It's Like To Live In...St. Louis