Search Menu
Menu

Thrifting Outfits

By ApneetMay 12, 2011
Because of the donation-based inventory of thrift stores, finding a complete outfit at a secondhand shop can be a little difficult. I usually buy pieces separately and then work them into my wardrobe. This week, however, I challenged myself to find complete outfits. At times... More  →
Thrifting Outfits

A Continuing Education in Being EPIC

By Megan PrietzelMay 12, 2011
It is a little-known fact that being epic is an everyday sort of thing—you don’t just BECOME that way and then STAY that way forever without effort. It takes years of setting things on fire, perfecting cool one-liners, and moodily staring at walls to become... More  →
A Continuing Education in Being EPIC

Lust and Creepers

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMay 12, 2011
Jenny's reading Once Upon a Prom—the greatest literary masterpiece in the history of prom books. Um. Yeah. —Sparkitors It's four weeks, three hours, and 17 minutes till prom... and I'm wondering: if the author is being this specific about time, why doesn't she go... More  →
Lust and Creepers

Help This British Sparkler Get to Yale!

By ContributorMay 12, 2011
Laura, aka rosefan42, has a lot to learn about the American education system before applying to Yale. Help her out! —Sparkitors Hi, my name is Laura. I'm 17 years old, and unhealthily obsessed with Harry Potter, Doctor Who, theater, and the internet. I live... More  →
Help This British Sparkler Get to Yale!

A Day In The Life of a One-Handed Sparkler

We're honored that crazymusicalgenius96 chose to share her unique story with us!—Sparkitors My left hand is missing—that’s pretty obvious from the title. But it’s not immediately... More  →
A Day In The Life of a One-Handed Sparkler

Stabbing Boys With Boutonnieres: Elodie Goes To Prom!

thenameselodie breaks it down on the dance floor and breaks it down with Ace; does she decide to be his girlfriend?—Sparkitors Prom was fun and awkward, dramatic and strange—but you can’t say it wasn’t interesting. There was a fair... More  →
Stabbing Boys With Boutonnieres: Elodie Goes To Prom!

Open Thread for May 12

By Emily WinterMay 12, 2011
The message vive-ut-vivas sent us with this lovely photo almost made us cry. But then we just ate some cheese instead: All this poor dandelion seed ever wanted was to not have people call it a weed. ... More  →
Open Thread for May 12

Tales From the Trash: More Unpublished SparkLife Stories

By Dan_BergsteinMay 11, 2011
It’s been over a year since we showed you some of the unused, unpublished stories that the SparkLife crew left balled up in the trashcan. It’s time to peek once again into our garbage to see what stories you will never, ever get... More  →
Tales From the Trash: More Unpublished SparkLife Stories

Auntie SparkNotes: When Problems Pop Up

By kat_rosenfieldMay 11, 2011
Hi Auntie, This is an awkward question—realllllly awkward, and kind of embarrassing—and I don't know if you can help or not, but this is not a question I can ask anyone that I know. Sooo, junior prom is coming up and, um, well, I'm going with... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: When Problems Pop Up

How to Live in the Library

By ContributorMay 11, 2011
Courtney Guth is surviving on Skittles and a prayer. How's your finals prep going? —Sparkitors At last, Finals Week has arrived! It’s almost time to pack up and leave for the summer, but before I can confidently assert that I’ve survived my first year... More  →
How to Live in the Library