Skip over navigation

How to Give Your Bedroom a Makeover

By Kathryn_WilliamsOctober 6, 2010
Your bedroom is your castle, your lair, your citadel, your city on a hill, your own personal interior decorating nightmare. Every teen struggles with the question, "How do I make my room the coolest expression of myself?" Is it by filling it with some Ikea... More  →
How to Give Your Bedroom a Makeover

Kathryn's High School Life

By Kathryn_WilliamsOctober 6, 2010
The Sploggers are telling us their high school stories. We want this series to go on forever. —Sparkitors Were you funny? If you had asked me, definitely. If you had asked my friends and family, probably not. My humor has always leaned heavily on sarcasm. If... More  →
Kathryn's High School Life

The Social Network: Some Questions

By Rachel KorowitzOctober 6, 2010
The Social Network tells the story of Facebook's dramatic founding. (Who would have thought a couple of lines of code could lead to broken friendships and multi-million-dollar lawsuits, right?) After avidly watching the movie, I walked out of the theater puzzling over a few... More  →
The Social Network: Some Questions

Auntie SparkNotes: The Boyfriend Thief

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 6, 2010
Dear Auntie, I am in a slightly awkward situation with a friend (maybe I should say ex-friend). She likes my boyfriend. This wouldn't be a problem if she would respect that he and I are together and not try to flirt with him. Unfortunately she she... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Boyfriend Thief

October Horror-Scopes

By Dan_BergsteinOctober 6, 2010
This is the month of evil and dread, when nightmarish ghouls roam the land looking for souls and fun-sized candy bars. Should you lock your doors and hide under the bed, or should you march forth into the damp spooky night? Only we have the... More  →
October Horror-Scopes

The SparkNotes Gleecap: Season 2, Episode 3 (Grilled Cheesus)

By Melissa AlbertOctober 6, 2010
I'd like to start this recap off with a "HOLY SANDWICH, BATMAN!" Why? Because after encountering the face of Jesus in the burned portions of his grilled cheese sandwich, Finn decides that the sandwich is Cheesus, his personal lord and savior. He uses Cheesus to... More  →
The SparkNotes Gleecap: Season 2, Episode 3 (Grilled Cheesus)

Blogging a Band Geek's First Football Game

By ContributorOctober 6, 2010
We love your school spirit, meganpikalvr12–Sparkitors Most of you know that the best part of a high school football game is the halftime show. Not because you get to stock up at the concessions stand, but because halftime is when the marching band does... More  →
Blogging a Band Geek's First Football Game

Open Thread for October 6

By EmmaOctober 6, 2010
We're in a panic about Halloween. We want to find a costume that's warm, hilarious, comfortable, attractive (but not in a skanky way), and under $10. Leave your suggestions in the comments so we can steal admire them. The_Drum_Minor obviously has Halloween... More  →
Open Thread for October 6

Why Life is Better with a Car

By ContributorOctober 5, 2010

miki-the-rainbow, you've got a dangerous mind. And we dig that about you. —Sparkitors

Ah, cars: those giant, gas-guzzling machines that are slowly killing our planet. I can't WAIT until I'm old enough to drive one!... More  →

Why Life is Better with a Car

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 2D!

By Emily WinterOctober 5, 2010
AnEpicofEpicness is having a meltdown: Um...um...OMG I AM GOING TO IMPLODE FROM STRESS OF CHOOSING FLAGS. Cool your jets, man-beast! Because if LAST round got to you, you are going to have seven heart attacks when you hear what we're up to in this HIGHLY... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 2D!