Skip over navigation

April Horoscopes

By Dan_BergsteinApril 2, 2010
Spring is in the air, along with pollen and (probably) ghosts. Will the warmer weather heat up your love life? Will you make money managing a lavish lemonade stand? Will you wear shorts on a day when it’s really too cold for shorts? Read on... More  →
April Horoscopes

Quiz: Is Your Family Insane?

By Ashley SpencerApril 2, 2010
Do you ever think, "maybe my family is completely nuts"? You might be right. Take our quiz to gauge just how crazy your family is. Then review the results and see what you can to do make things smoother around the house. 1. You just woke up... More  →
Quiz: Is Your Family Insane?

Confidence Pants on the Ground

By ContributorApril 2, 2010
Sparkler mochalatte7362 knows that not all teens have a fully-developed pair of... Confidence Pants. If you're still working out exactly what your CPs look like, you may want to read these quotes for inspiration. —SparkNotes editors I was reading a recent Auntie Sparknotes... More  →
Confidence Pants on the Ground

Auntie's Facebook Chat

By SparkLifeApril 2, 2010
Auntie did an amazing 7-hour chat on FB! She weighed in on wrist flowers (aka corsages), encouraged Sparklers to just go ahead and buy the expensive dress they love, and typed until her fingers burned. If you missed it or don't have a... More  →
Auntie's Facebook Chat

What It's Like to Live In…Canton, Ohio

GoingBananas didn't send a cheese bribe for us, but we still like her post. One question, Bananas: is it hard to type with your sarcasm hand raised? —SparkNotes editors At first I wasn’t going to write a “What It's Like to Live In…” post,... More  →
What It's Like to Live In…Canton, Ohio

Pick a Superpower, Any Superpower

By Katie_RolnickApril 2, 2010
Admit it: You secretly dream of being a superhero. You imagine yourself leaping over the crevasses between skyscrapers, fighting the ugliest evils, and talking to a member of the opposite sex without getting a sweaty upper lip. The movie Kick-Ass is... More  →
Pick a Superpower, Any Superpower

"Hell Week" at a High School Newspaper

We love this post by pikori! It reminds us of working at our college newspaper, which was our (or just this ed's) absolute favorite thing in the world ever. —SparkNotes editors For those of you who may not be familiar with school newspapers, there’s... More  →

A Homebound Spring Breaker's Guide: Who to See

By kat_rosenfieldApril 2, 2010
Are you anticipating a spring break in the exciting, exotic, undiscovered regions of... your house? Hey, we've been there. That's why your SparkNotes editors have put our heads together and come up with a play-by-play guide for an awesome spring break in your own hometown.... More  →
A Homebound Spring Breaker's Guide: Who to See

Auntie SparkNotes: The Waiting Game

By kat_rosenfieldApril 2, 2010
Auntie, please help!!! I have a boyfriend that I care very much about and normally we get along great; he's my best friend and usually we can practically read each other's minds. But lately he's been getting upset with me about things I consider insignificant... like... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Waiting Game

Open Thread for April 2

By Emily WinterApril 2, 2010
We stayed up toooooo late last night, and are so jealous of these lazy cats, Lucy (left) and George. This cute pic came from a mystery contributor. Fess up in the comments, Sparkler!!!*** ***UPDATE: These cats belong to Trini94. Mystery solved. Thanks, Trini!!!... More  →
Open Thread for April 2