Skip over navigation

If You Can Survive A High School Cafeteria…

By Jon_SkindzierJanuary 5, 2010
Most students enjoy high school cafeterias only slightly more than they enjoy being relentlessly punched in the nose, so the fact that cafeterias are awful is not much of a headline. But to take that a step further, we're here to make the case that... More  →
If You Can Survive A High School Cafeteria…

How to Not Get Run Over in the Student Parking Lot

By ContributorJanuary 4, 2010
Is your school parking lot an ice rink of death? Fear not, Sparkler drw1100 will save you! —SparkNotes editors “There’s a brake pedal, too?” Wow, learn something new every day, don’t ya? Maniac teen drivers, speeding the whole fifty yards through the student parking lot, threaten... More  →
How to Not Get Run Over in the Student Parking Lot

Seriously Amigos, Stop Cramping My Crush Style

By ContributorJanuary 4, 2010
Like several other Sparkler authors, Natalie_Fudgenz wrote this post while in a fit of rage. Are you always this eloquent when you're angry, Natalie? —SparkNotes editors Most of us have had that one friend who found it necessary to try to deter us from... More  →
Seriously Amigos, Stop Cramping My Crush Style

Easy Winter Warm-Ups

By Julie KrautJanuary 4, 2010
It’s officially winter and that walk from the bus stop to your front door after school, or even the walk from your car door to your front door, can leave you fr-fr-freezing cold. You need to whip up something warm and delicious fast, so that... More  →
Easy Winter Warm-Ups

The Ugly World of Email Forwards

By Robert IsenbergJanuary 4, 2010
Email forwards make us want to super glue our eyelids shut forever. The thing that really boggles our minds about forwards is that certain people (looking at you, Dad) think each and every one is a special, original, non-horribly annoying e-gift, and should be shared... More  →
The Ugly World of Email Forwards

What's Your Study Style?

By Katie_RolnickJanuary 4, 2010
Everyone has their own study style. What kind of studier are you? The Jammer For the Jammer, the perfect study session is all about getting the music just right. Each subject demands a different mood. If he wants to power through a bunch of math problems, he... More  →
What's Your Study Style?

Movies You Might Have Missed: New Worlds

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 4, 2010
Before you were potty trained—or even born—Hollywood made some good movies. Movies You Might Have Missed is a recurring feature in which your SparkNotes editors recommend a few watchable films from the 1990s or before. Unless you've been living under a rock for the past... More  →
Movies You Might Have Missed: New Worlds

Auntie SparkNotes: Hey, Jealousy!

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 4, 2010
Auntie Sparks, I have this really great girlfriend. We have no flaws in our relationship aside from my own. I'm incredibly jealous. It's gotten to the point where I convinced myself that if my girlfriend went to see a play in which her ex played the... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Hey, Jealousy!

January Horoscopes

By Dan_BergsteinJanuary 4, 2010
Is your year going to start with a bang, or a whimper? Read your January horoscopes to learn the completely accurate truth. Aries (March 21 – April 19) Revolving doors will cause panic. Piggyback rides make great, cheap gifts. You will find the true meaning of love... More  →
January Horoscopes

Ten 2010 Movies We Can't Wait to See

By Dan_BergsteinJanuary 1, 2010
We think 2010 will be a great year for movies. Here are the 10 we're most excited to see: 10. Alice in Wonderland The first trailer did nothing for us. But the second one looks pretty great, and reveals more information about the plot. (It... More  →
Ten 2010 Movies We Can't Wait to See