Skip over navigation

Melissa's High School Life

By Melissa AlbertOctober 11, 2010
New splogger Melissa Albert carries on the proud SparkLife tradition of revealing embarrassing details about herself to a massive audience. —Sparkitors Were you funny in high school? Funny to my friends, incomprehensible to everyone else. My jokes leaned heavily on observations about the hot boys we... More  →
Melissa's High School Life

Open Thread for October 11

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 11, 2010
We're absolutely inspired by this pic by aspiring photographer Kolizzle; the depth of field is perfect, the color composition is spectacular, the exposure time is IDEAL for those light conditions—okay, so we have no idea what we're talking about, but... More  →
Open Thread for October 11

Open Thread for October 10

By Emily WinterOctober 10, 2010
Sparkler SpacemanSpiff777 and Maverick the cat win. At life. That is... More  →
Open Thread for October 10

Open Thread for October 9

By Emily WinterOctober 9, 2010
There's nothing better than spending a Saturday at a museum, especially if you live in the same town as this  Mystery Sparkler. We know this pic was snapped at a museum, but we don't know which one.  We're just going to assume it was... More  →
Open Thread for October 9

Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 15

By ContributorOctober 8, 2010
This is Coffinmaker's blog. Seriously, how do you not know this by now? —Sparkitors You know what? I think I'm finally beginning to understand Heathcliff and Cathy's way of thinking. Just kidding! I'll never be able to understand these two, at least while polar bears... More  →
Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 15

Interview With a Sparkler: Round 2!

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 8, 2010
VICTORY, THY NAME IS "INTERVIEW WITH A SPARKLER." Huh. That didn't really roll of the tongue like we'd hoped, but who cares: last week's IWAS kick-off post received a whopping 234 comments, which is more comments than Buzz Aldrin got when he landed on the... More  →
Interview With a Sparkler: Round 2!

Auntie SparkNotes: Teacher Terror

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 8, 2010
One good thing about growing up: you get to yell at adults like this Sparkler's math teacher. —Sparkitors Dear Auntie Sparknotes, Okay, this is going to sound sort of weird so here goes: I'm terrified of my math teacher. Well I wouldn't exactly run away screaming at the... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Teacher Terror

Decorating Your Locker to Match Your New Look

By Melissa AlbertOctober 8, 2010
Sometimes it takes more than just a giant clock around your neck and a pair of vampire teeth to sell your peers on your excellent new identity, "Edward Cullen, Were He a Mentally Unhinged Rapper." This is where your locker comes in: it's your own tiny... More  →
Decorating Your Locker to Match Your New Look

How to Stop Yourself From Crying in Public

By Jon_SkindzierOctober 8, 2010
Let's get this out of the way first: there are plenty of situations in which it's entirely fine to cry in public. When you're moving away from home, bring tissues, because someone's gonna cry (although it will probably be your mom). If you're watching basically... More  →
How to Stop Yourself From Crying in Public

How to Survive a Twihard Attack

By ContributorOctober 8, 2010
Does this also work on mean older brothers, A-Wingfan? —Sparkitors Sooner or later, you’re gonna make a Twihard mad. Maybe you’ll say something about preferring Star Wars to vampires in front of the wrong pale-faced Edward fanatic, or a coven of Jacob worshipers... More  →
How to Survive a Twihard Attack