Skip over navigation

A Homebound Spring Breaker's Guide: What to Read

By kat_rosenfieldApril 5, 2010
It's a few days into your wild and wonderful spring break at home, and something strange has happened: you don't feel like going anywhere, you don't feel like seeing anyone, and even the magical companionship of the television just doesn't have... More  →
A Homebound Spring Breaker's Guide: What to Read

The Daisy List

By ContributorApril 5, 2010
The phrase "bucket list" grosses us out, because buckets make us think of 1) mopping the floor, and 2) puking in the middle of the night. "Daisy list" is so much nicer. Great invention, neomaxizoomdwbi! —SparkNotes editors The other day I watched The Bucket... More  →
The Daisy List

Auntie SparkNotes: Let's Not Probe Brains Just Yet

By kat_rosenfieldApril 5, 2010
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, So there's this guy who I've always sort of thought was cute ever since freshman year, but I didn't like him or anything. This year (junior year), I finally have a class with him and sometimes he chats with me online to ask... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Let's Not Probe Brains Just Yet

A Sparkler's Spring Survival Guide

By ContributorApril 5, 2010
If romancingvulcans had seen us this morning, she would have whacked us with her racquet. —SparkNotes editors Spring is one of the most challenging seasons of the year. Here are four spring things to watch out for: 1. Tracksters. Not track stars but tracksters, the... More  →
A Sparkler's Spring Survival Guide

Open Thread for April 5

By Emily WinterApril 5, 2010
We love this pic from laxchicscore96. It's cute, but also scary. Dogz can has lazer eyez?! Send photos of your pets, collections, favorite childhood toy, SparkNotes shrine to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for April 5

Open Thread for April 4

By EmmaApril 4, 2010
This is our brother's girlfriend's cat, Pinot. She is a big goofball who loves jumping into bags and sitting there for hours, thinking cat thoughts. She also likes to play with the Trivial Pursuit pies. Oh, Pinot! Do you have a cute room/picture/video/pet/collection? Send it to contribute@sparknotes.com... More  →
Open Thread for April 4

Open Thread for April 3

By EmmaApril 3, 2010
Oh geez. If there's anything cuter than kittehs, it's kittehs wearing white gloves. biskvitkaimlyako's cat, Мечка (Mechka) also looks nice and plump. Just the way we like 'em!... More  →
Open Thread for April 3

Online Schooling: Like Homeschool, Except Not at All

By ContributorApril 3, 2010
At FadingRose's school, if you're not surfing the net, you're not working hard enough. Sounds like a Sparkler's dream. —Sparknotes editors I’m not homeschooled; I go to an online school. There’s a big difference and it enrages me when people automatically assume that since... More  →
Online Schooling: Like Homeschool, Except Not at All

5 Types of Annoying People

Susie5292 is the funniest angel we know. (Is it just us, or are Sparklers getting collectively more hilarious?)  —SparkNotes editors We've all been taught not to hate people, but is it really so wrong to be annoyed by particular behaviors? I certainly don't think... More  →
5 Types of Annoying People

My Life... as a Fairy Tale

jgrudzy, we're not sure whether you're a dreamer longing for a magical life, or just a pragmatist looking to avoid her chores, but either way, we're sold. —SparkNotes editors Presenting the top 10 reasons living in a fairy tale would be cooler than real... More  →
My Life... as a Fairy Tale