Skip over navigation

August Horoscopes

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 4, 2010
This month is important. You have only a few short weeks left before school begins. This precious time will be amazing for some, boring for others, and full of spoons for others, because…well, you’ll just need to read on to find out. Aries (March 21 –... More  →
August Horoscopes

Open Thread for August 4

By Emily WinterAugust 4, 2010
Welcome to the bedroom of Ipebble. Wow, look at all those nipples. Erm, we mean, haha, look at the drawings she did! Don't you love those perfect, symmetrical, rock solid buildings? We do, too. We do, too, Sparklers. Send your pics to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for August 4

Feng Shui for Sparklers

By Pete CroattoAugust 3, 2010
Attaining lifelong peace and success is hard, arduous work. Since you don't have time for that—after all, a marathon of The Secret Life of the American Teenager starts in five minutes—just practice this unique brand of feng shui to get practically the same results. But make... More  →
Feng Shui for Sparklers

Auntie SparkNotes: Nonophobia

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 3, 2010
We used to have this same problem, and then Auntie pulled the "Will you build me a life-size replica of Empire State Building using only toothpicks and gummy bears?" question on us. Consider us cured.—Sparkitors Hi Auntie, Simply put, I can’t say no. To anything.... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Nonophobia

What It's Like To Have Diabetes

By ContributorAugust 3, 2010
Thanks for the great post, twinkletoes_23!—Sparkitors Most people have heard of diabetes before, but it's typically (and mistakenly) associated with eating too much sugar and being fat. Well, I have Type 1 Diabetes, I'm a perfectly healthy weight, and I'm here to give... More  →
What It's Like To Have Diabetes

The Oddest Jobs

neomaxizoomdwbi, we're not just Sparkitors, we're tat artists, too. It's totally normal! —Sparkitors There are a bunch of jobs out there that puzzle me. Why do we have these jobs? Who aspires to these jobs? What were these people like as children? Here’s what... More  →
The Oddest Jobs

Stupid Human Tricks

LOTViolist, you haven't seen weird until you see the Sparkitors tango. —Sparkitors People do some very strange things with their bodies. Weirder still is that so many of these bizarre things we do are considered "normal." For example...... More  →
Stupid Human Tricks

A Day in the Life of a Student at a Normal Middle School

Thanks for giving us an inside look at your middle school, alexthenotsogreat!—Sparkitors I’ve noticed that almost every time there's a Day in the Life post on SparkLife, it’s about an... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Student at a Normal Middle School

The Perks of Being a Circus Nut

Flyergirl13, we're officially impressed: you've got mad skillz!—Sparkitors Although my username implies it, I doubt that any of my fellow Sparklers imagined that I could actually fly. But I can—in a way. I go to circus school as... More  →
The Perks of Being a Circus Nut

Blogging My Morning At The Hospital

SpiffyAlien, you almost make the hospital sound like fun.—Sparkitors Recently, my family and I spent a day in the ICU, waiting for news about my grandma's surgery. It seemed like time was moving backward, so in a desperate attempt... More  →
Blogging My Morning At The Hospital