Skip over navigation
Prom

Pretty Little Recaps: Episode Three

By Emily WinterJune 23, 2010
This week, we're going to try to make the recap of this nonsensical show as easy to understand as possible. How? We have no idea. Now that we have your confidence, onward! The four girls, Hanna "My boyfriend refuses to smush with me" Marin, Spencer "I... More  →
Pretty Little Recaps: Episode Three

How to Annoy Your Applebee's Server

By Ashley SpencerJune 23, 2010
As you might know from personal experience, waiting tables is hard work. We feel your pain; some of your favorite SparkLife writers moonlight as servers to pay the bills. The money is decent, and more importantly, it’s fast, but it's usually not worth the... More  →
How to Annoy Your Applebee's Server

Auntie SparkNotes: A Very Dumb Engagement

By kat_rosenfieldJune 23, 2010
We aren't ready to be engaged, and we're 31. Today's letter-writer has good reason to freak out! —Sparkitors Dear Auntie, My boyfriend and I have been together for a little over three years and just graduated high school together. These past few months our relationship has completely... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: A Very Dumb Engagement

Open Thread for June 23

By Emily WinterJune 23, 2010
Last year's deep fried OR-E-OS! Last year's deep fried OR-E-OS! Everybody now... LAST YEAR'S DEEP FRIED OR-E-OS! LAST YEAR'S DEEP FRIED OR-E-OS! jgrudzy says: These are deep-fried Oreos, and it is possible that they are one of mankind's greatest creations. And that's coming from someone who... More  →
Open Thread for June 23

The MaxVZ Chronicles: A Guide to Staying Positive

By Emily WinterJune 22, 2010
Yep, MaxVZ is a regular writer now. You're welcome. —Sparkitors This is a guide about staying positive, but I've got to start it out with bad news: the sun is expanding. What does this mean? Well, the sun is a star, and like all stars,... More  →
The MaxVZ Chronicles: A Guide to Staying Positive

Committee of Cool: Adam Lambert

By Chelsea DaggerJune 22, 2010
Well, the general consensus on last week's Metro Station post was extremely helpful and musically relevant. It seems that A: some of you adore Ritz crackers, and rightly so; B: some of you loathe the buttery snack food with an inexplicable ferocity, and C: some... More  →
Committee of Cool: Adam Lambert

How to Make Everyone on an Airplane Hate You

By ContributorJune 22, 2010
hannahrama and EmCat24 might be the meanest Sparklers of all time. We hope we never have to fly with them! —Sparkitors First of all, here is a list of things you will need to bring: Glitter, printed-out copies of Blogging Twilight, food,... More  →
How to Make Everyone on an Airplane Hate You

Would Supernatural Creatures Make Good Friends?

By Robert IsenbergJune 22, 2010
Vampires PROS: They like to stay up all night. They're very mature and charming conversationalists. Lots of fun party tricks (turning into werewolves and bats). Usually attractive. Wear cool outfits. CONS: They are evil, undead monsters that drain the blood of the living. Also, sometimes they are... More  →
Would Supernatural Creatures Make Good Friends?

PlayList: Learning to Love Country Music

By ContributorJune 22, 2010
LondonCallsMe knows us well; we're darn scared of country music. But this might just be the playlist that gets us to listen!— Sparkitors I don't know what it's like for my fellow country music lovers, but where I live,... More  →
PlayList: Learning to Love Country Music

Movie Review: Toy Story 3

By Rachel KorowitzJune 22, 2010
In the interest of full disclosure, I should tell you right now that I'm a huge Pixar fan. I reveled in Ratatouille, I kvelled at Cars, and Monsters, Inc.? *dreamy sigh* As a studio, Pixar's mastered the process of taking a simple concept, turning it... More  →
Movie Review: Toy Story 3