Skip over navigation

The ABCs of Phobias

By ContributorJanuary 5, 2010
A is for "Awesome." B is for "Baffling." C is for "Contribution," and D is for dumbledore21, the author of this posts. —E  (for "Editors") You probably all know there are lots of types of phobias. I would like to share with you some... More  →
The ABCs of Phobias

Auntie SparkNotes: How to Flirt, Part 1: The Look

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 5, 2010
Around here (and by “here,” I mean “the secret underground lair of Auntie SparkNotes”), flirting is a frequent topic of conversation. Every week, I spend time instructing you guys on when, why, and with whom to flirt. And you know what? I totally missed something.... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: How to Flirt, Part 1: The Look

Hats Off

By Julie KrautJanuary 5, 2010
It’s winter and it’s freezing cold. That means bundling up before you even think about stepping outside. Coat, gloves, and scarf—those are all definites. But what about a hat? To hat or not to hat: that is the winter question. We know that hats keep us warm... More  →
Hats Off

The Diary of Ashley Spencer: What Happens on Vacation, Stays in the Vacation Vault...Until Now

By Ashley SpencerJanuary 5, 2010
Last week, I wrote about getting to my vacation destination. This week I’ll update you on everything that went down, because a lot did in fact happen. Let’s start with the first full day on the beach. I am lying on a chair on the beach... More  →
The Diary of Ashley Spencer: What Happens on Vacation, Stays in the Vacation Vault...Until Now

Beware Truth or Dare

By Robert IsenbergJanuary 5, 2010
It could happen while you're freezing in a tent in the woods somewhere, hanging out in somebody's basement with people of the opposite sex, or nestled on a couch with a cup of hot cocoa at a slumber party. One day, at some point when... More  →
Beware Truth or Dare

New Year’s Resolutions—It’s Not Too Late

By Julie KrautJanuary 5, 2010
Just because New Year’s Eve has come and gone doesn’t mean it’s too late to make new year’s resolutions. The whole first two weeks of January are zoned for resolution-making. New year’s resolutions are a lot like the Olympics in that way. They start with... More  →
New Year’s Resolutions—It’s Not Too Late

If You Can Survive A High School Cafeteria…

By Jon_SkindzierJanuary 5, 2010
Most students enjoy high school cafeterias only slightly more than they enjoy being relentlessly punched in the nose, so the fact that cafeterias are awful is not much of a headline. But to take that a step further, we're here to make the case that... More  →
If You Can Survive A High School Cafeteria…

How to Not Get Run Over in the Student Parking Lot

By ContributorJanuary 4, 2010
Is your school parking lot an ice rink of death? Fear not, Sparkler drw1100 will save you! —SparkNotes editors “There’s a brake pedal, too?” Wow, learn something new every day, don’t ya? Maniac teen drivers, speeding the whole fifty yards through the student parking lot, threaten... More  →
How to Not Get Run Over in the Student Parking Lot

Seriously Amigos, Stop Cramping My Crush Style

By ContributorJanuary 4, 2010
Like several other Sparkler authors, Natalie_Fudgenz wrote this post while in a fit of rage. Are you always this eloquent when you're angry, Natalie? —SparkNotes editors Most of us have had that one friend who found it necessary to try to deter us from... More  →
Seriously Amigos, Stop Cramping My Crush Style

Easy Winter Warm-Ups

By Julie KrautJanuary 4, 2010
It’s officially winter and that walk from the bus stop to your front door after school, or even the walk from your car door to your front door, can leave you fr-fr-freezing cold. You need to whip up something warm and delicious fast, so that... More  →
Easy Winter Warm-Ups