Skip over navigation

A Day in the Life of a Veterinary Intern

By ContributorMarch 17, 2010
NinjaCoCo is in an awesome class that helps students get real world experience by matching them up with internships. Give a puppy a kiss for us, NinjaC!!! —SparkNotes editors You have to have a strong stomach to work at a veterinary hospital. So... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Veterinary Intern

Parcheesi, and Other Games of Love

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 17, 2010
If you've ever gone over to the home of a friend you happen to be crushing on, you know how this goes: Step 1: You show up. Step 2: You flip a wave and a "hi there" to Mr. and Mrs. Parents-of-Your-Crush. Step 3: You head down to... More  →
Parcheesi, and Other Games of Love

Open Thread for March 17

By Emily WinterMarch 17, 2010
Happy St. Patrick's Day, Sparklers! Did you know that anyone can celebrate St. Patrick's Day, even if they're not Irish? Here's how: 1. Throw some green confetti into the air. 2. Do a jig. 3. When a ginger falls in a puddle, mumble something about "the luck of... More  →
Open Thread for March 17

Auntie SparkNotes: Honesty Is a Kick in the Face

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 16, 2010
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I need your help! I have been in a relationship with this girl for over a year, and it has gone absolutely wonderful. That's not the problem. The problem is, she has very low self esteem, especially regarding her appearance. Now recently I... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Honesty Is a Kick in the Face

Tips for Summer Play Thespians

By ContributorMarch 16, 2010
Sparkler dramaKTO gets depressed when she finishes a play. We get depressed when we finish a burrito. —SparkNotes editors Now is the time when spring plays end and rehearsals for summer shows begin. This post is for peeps who are novices. If you are... More  →
Tips for Summer Play Thespians

The Diary of Ashley Spencer: One Lucky Working Girl

By Ashley SpencerMarch 16, 2010
Unexpected things can come up out of nowhere, like an unwelcome zit on a usually-perfect nose, causing dramatics and disaster. My zit of the week came in the form of a dead car. The first days of my internship breezed by in a chaotic whirlwind. I... More  →
The Diary of Ashley Spencer: One Lucky Working Girl

Top 10 Cinema Sidekicks

We recently saw the rich guy from Pretty in Pink when we were getting lunch across the street. He looked really serious, and we didn't like his shirt. We agree with Woktaker—Duckie's better. —SparkNotes editors The other day I was bored and staring at... More  →
Top 10 Cinema Sidekicks

How to Conquer Boredom While in the Hospital

Sparkler penguins_quack recently spent some time in the hospital. We hope her recovery is going well! —SparkNotes editors I was recently hit by a truck and only just got out of hospital. Okay, I didn't quite get hit by a truck, but pretty much.... More  →
How to Conquer Boredom While in the Hospital

Odd Collections

By Robert IsenbergMarch 16, 2010
Some people collect stamps. Some collect buttons and thimbles. And at least one person collects...airplane sickness bags? By definition, collectors are pretty obsessive people, but the objects of their affection are infinitely diverse. Here are some of the odder collections we've encountered: Pianos: Before there was More  →
Odd Collections

Rejected Prom Themes

By Chelsea DaggerMarch 16, 2010
We hacked into the mainframe of the highly confidential National Prom Theme Database and found these gems. It’s a crying shame they haven’t been put to use. Here’s hoping #13 makes an appearance at the high school dance of your dreams. Rejected Prom Themes: 1. The War... More  →
Rejected Prom Themes