Skip over navigation

Stock Characters At Your Local Convenience Store

By Jon_SkindzierMay 5, 2010
Convenience stores have a unique business philosophy, which is basically to charge 50 bucks for milk because they're located right there, wherever "right there" is for you, because store owners know that walking too much makes everyone grumpy. As such, convenience stores are often full... More  →
Stock Characters At Your Local Convenience Store

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerMay 5, 2010
Oh, SNAP. Last week's Awesome Thing scored an incredible 8.216 on the venerable Scale of Awesomeness, which ain't none too shabby. But despite its undeniable epic-ness, not all of you were satisfied. Some of you even thought we were slacking off.... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

May Horoscopes

By Dan_BergsteinMay 5, 2010
Excitement is everywhere as the school year winds down. What will May bring? Will you jump-start a summer fling? Will you complain that your school is too warm? How will people react to your new walking stride? The answers, and our accurate predictions, await. Aries (March... More  →
May Horoscopes

Open Thread for May 5

By Emily WinterMay 5, 2010
Sparklers, we have great news! Remember  on Earth Day, when Sparkler JohnWillSteinspeare asked us to vote for her Environmental Club's cause, installing wind turbines in her community, as part of the Pepsi Refresh Grant? Well, the voting ended April... More  →
Open Thread for May 5

Calling All Sparklers: Lend Us Your Ears. And Your Music Reviews. And Your Beach House, If You've Got One.

By Chelsea DaggerMay 4, 2010
All right, Sparklers: it's time to strap on your headphones, charge up your iPods, and bust out your laptops. Why? Because we're dying to hear what you have to say about MUSIC. No, really: we're actually dying. We're keeled over at our desks at this... More  →
Calling All Sparklers: Lend Us Your Ears. And Your Music Reviews. And Your Beach House, If You've Got One.

Perfecting Your Résumé for a Summer Job

By ContributorMay 4, 2010
This ed's first summer job was teaching tennis to kids. She will never forget Malcolm. He ruined her summer. Follow Ebelean's rules, so you can get a summer job that doesn't involve a racket-wielding, foul-mouthed 6-year-old. —SparkNotes editors Times are tough. Just... More  →
Perfecting Your Résumé for a Summer Job

My Not-Great First Date

This ed just saw a current pic of the guy she went on her first-ever date with. He is bald. He wears wife beaters. He has 603 tattoos, and a toddler, and facial hair growing all the way down to his fingertips. We... More  →
My Not-Great First Date

Auntie SparkNotes: Stop Trying to Make "British" Happen! It's Not Going to Happen!

By kat_rosenfieldMay 4, 2010
What do you do when your friend teases you about a country *you're not even from*? Auntie has the answers. —SparkNotes editors Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I have a friend that blames my every quirk on the fact that I am "British". I mention that I don't like... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Stop Trying to Make

Blogging My Bam

Sparkler kantika got the idea for this post from MegAmanda8. We love to see Sparklers working together to buy this editor a yacht with their summer job money. —SparkNotes editors ... More  →
Blogging My Bam

The Answer Guide for Guys

Pay attention, gentlemen: Sparkler pikori may have just saved you from a world of hurt.—SparkNotes editors Girls love asking questions. And they love getting answers—as long as those answers follow strict, unbreakable guidelines. So guys, take note: as much as girls... More  →
The Answer Guide for Guys