Skip over navigation

Baseless Complaints About Young People, Part 2: Working

By Jon_SkindzierOctober 12, 2009
Another day, another Baseless Complaint About Young People. Old people, who reminisce fondly about their dinosaur-fighting days in the late Cretaceous, do not like it that there are young people out there... just... existing. Who do they think there are exactly? And why aren't they... More  →
Baseless Complaints About Young People, Part 2: Working

Movie Night!

By ContributorOctober 12, 2009
Sparkler raj101 dug through his DVD collection to find five fantastic movies from the 21st century that you may not have seen yet. —SparkNotes editors Movies are great, aren't they? There are tons of amazing movies coming out this year as well as next,... More  →
Movie Night!

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterOctober 9, 2009
From amazing teachers, to haikus, to...ermmmm ohyahknow...*cough cough* sex education stories *cough whimper,* you Sparklers gave us plenty to choose from for this week's Friday Awards. Let's get started, shall we? Major ALOL Points go to... everestgirl for... I think the funniest (in a scary... More  →
The Friday Awards

Chris Listens: Tall Guys, Teacher Crushes, and Flirting in Church

By Chris_DikenOctober 9, 2009
Last week, after revealing a few (some might say scant) details about myself and how I obtained this listenership, I was accused of being “vague,” “a tad vague,” and also “a bit vague.” Well, you already know my real name and what I... More  →
Chris Listens: Tall Guys, Teacher Crushes, and Flirting in Church

Night vs. Morning: The Ultimate Study-Time Debate

By Katie_RolnickOctober 9, 2009
School days are long. You sit in class all day, five days a week, trying to maintain focus and absorb as much as you can while ignoring the totally irrelevant stuff—like your teacher's personal obsession with alliteration (What a wonderful week we're having! Isn't it fantastically... More  →
Night vs. Morning: The Ultimate Study-Time Debate

Auntie SparkNotes Will Get You Out of That Closet

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 9, 2009
I am a freshman who just started highschool and things are pretty weird. I am an in-the-closet-bisexual and not only do I find my friend hot and like her, but there is this guy who is a senior and has a girlfriend- but I don't... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes Will Get You Out of That Closet

The Easiest Halloween Costumes Ever

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 9, 2009
All right, Sparklers: we’re rapidly approaching the only holiday that gives you a free pass to look completely and utterly ridiculous, and we want give you the tools to pull off that ridiculousness with swagger and verve. Below are 10 of the easiest costumes we... More  →
The Easiest Halloween Costumes Ever

Check Out Your Handwriting

By laura_buchholzOctober 9, 2009
Your handwriting says a lot about you. Like, if your handwriting is really tiny and all scrunched up, that means you are shy and meticulous, and probably have a spreadsheet at home breaking down the time periods between dinner and bedtime, and what you are... More  →
Check Out Your Handwriting

Homecoming? More Like Awaygoing

By ContributorOctober 9, 2009
Sparkler emMCie isn't exactly thrilled that homecoming is approaching, to put it mildly. —SparkNotes editors No matter which high school niche you find yourself in, you must soon face the most jock-worshiped of holidays: Homecoming. Jocks' egos means they need a week to brag... More  →
Homecoming? More Like Awaygoing

Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 9 (Chapters 17 and 18)

By RamseyOctober 8, 2009
Intrepid contributor Ramsey is reading The Scarlet Letter and blogging about it. To catch up on past posts, go here! Chapter 17 – The Pastor and His Parishioner Hester calls out to Dimmesdale to get his attention. (That, ladies and gentlemen, is what we in... More  →
Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 9 (Chapters 17 and 18)