Search Menu
Menu

Profile Picture Inspiration

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 8, 2011
Ever since we added the new Profile Picture feature to SparkLife, we've been trolling our archives looking for the perfect photo to adorn our should-be-famous profile. (A dolphin wearing a top hat? That picture of us wearing diapers from New Year's Eve? The possibilities are More  →
Profile Picture Inspiration

Ask a Teacher: Why Is Hidden Meaning Important?

By Mr. JonesSeptember 8, 2011
Q: Why do English teachers insist on finding the authors "hidden meaning" behind every tree and stone mentioned in a story? A: There are three main reasons. The first is because we know you hate it. By nature, we’re sadists and we like to make students... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Why Is Hidden Meaning Important?

Open Thread for September 8

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 8, 2011
iLoveMyFeet says... "You all know what Eid-ul-Fitr right? It is a tradition to put "henna" on our hands and this is my henna design, in the background is the dress I wore this Eid. Hope you like it!" We think your hand looks gorgeous! And of... More  →
Open Thread for September 8

September Horoscopes

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 7, 2011
What does the ninth month of year have in store for you? There are only two ways to find out: Read our horoscopes below, or sleep with a magical duck beneath your bed. Aries (March 21 – April 19) Think four times before choosing a snack or... More  →
September Horoscopes

My Sudden Love for Math

By ContributorSeptember 7, 2011
It's almost two weeks into the semester, and I've FINALLY been accepted into my Calculus and Physics classes. Yes, that's right, I've been going to them without being on the class list or having a book or anything. You might think that would excuse me... More  →
My Sudden Love for Math

The Pros and Cons of Being Brunette

By ContributorSeptember 7, 2011
michellem329 continues the Great Hair Debate with this follow-up post to the Pros and Cons of Being Blonde. —Sparkitors In the wake of the article debating the pros and cons of being a blonde, I felt compelled to defend brunettes. We’re... More  →
The Pros and Cons of Being Brunette

Emma Watson! Wearing a Fedora! In Paris! (This Video is Going to Make Your Girl Crush WAY Worse)

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 7, 2011
It's impossible not to love Emma Watson. She was absolutely perfect as the brainy bombshell Hermione Granger, and despite her fame and the gajillions of dollars in her bank account, she still seems refreshingly friendly and down to earth. Plus, she's... More  →
Emma Watson! Wearing a Fedora! In Paris! (This Video is Going to Make Your Girl Crush WAY Worse)

Darren Criss Speaks Italian!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 7, 2011
Every girl knows the perfect guy should speak Italian. (This is fact.) Thanks to gabbygaleglee we have more proof the Darren Criss is undoubtedly the perfect man. Well, I assume he's fluent—I don't speak a word of the language... Send in your... More  →
Darren Criss Speaks Italian!

Quiz: How Much School Spirit Do You Really Have?

By Kathryn_WilliamsSeptember 7, 2011
We've got spirit, yes we do! We've got spirit, how 'bout you? No, really. Are you truly committed to letting every other school within a 50-mile radius know that you mean total domination? Take our quiz to see how much pep you've really got in... More  →
Quiz: How Much School Spirit Do You Really Have?

New Rock of 2011

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 7, 2011
Metalhead865 sent in this playlist of his favorite recently-released rock music. We think it... rocks (har har har). "Die Trying" by Art Of Dying "Anthem of the Lonely" by Nine Lashes "Sick" by Adelitas Way (This video has lots of exciting firey-type... More  →
New Rock of 2011