Menu

Open Thread for March 16

By Emily WinterMarch 16, 2011
This picture is EXTREMELY adorable. putyourrecordson says... Look! I made a collage out of Auntie SparkNotes photos! (It’s hard to tell that they’re Auntie’s photo’s, but I SWEAR ON HARRY POTTER they are!) Do you liiiiiiiiiiiiiike it? 8) "LIKE it"? Pshhhhaw. We want to... More  →
Open Thread for March 16

Cooking with Shivani: Chocolate French Toast

By ShivaniMarch 15, 2011
Shivani's first recipe features chocolate, butter, and bread. If it had bacon, it would be just about perfect. —Sparkitors Ahoy, Sparklers! Today I’m going to tell you about the glory that is chocolate bread. Chocolate bread is a sexy, magical food that goes down the hatch,... More  →
Cooking with Shivani: Chocolate French Toast

How To Be a Mad Scientist

By Jon_SkindzierMarch 15, 2011
Lots of kids are drawn to science because they're naturally inquisitive; they want to better understand the natural world, and to do something that benefits humanity as a whole. These kids are dorks. Real science can only be pursued one way: madly. This has been the... More  →
How To Be a Mad Scientist

Making My Prom Dress: The Countdown Starts

By ContributorMarch 15, 2011
Whimzy is making her dress for Senior Prom, and we're really excited to see her final product! —Sparkitors Hello Sparklers! Whimzy here, resident dress aficionado and sewing extraordinaire. I have been sewing off and on since I was seven (I wanted to start when... More  →
Making My Prom Dress: The Countdown Starts

How To Dance: A Follow-Up

Auntie's illustrated guide to dancing was so killer that azn4life333 wrote a sequel!—Sparkitors There have been a lot of prom-related posts about dances and dates recently, and as a 15-year-old freshman, almost none of these apply to wonderful, awesome me. However, I... More  →
How To Dance: A Follow-Up

The Jane Austen Dating School: Pep Talk

When we last checked in with enthusiasm&austen, she was terrified of a potential on-stage kiss in her school's play, and was majorly flirting with her neighbor, who's off at college. —Sparkitors It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. It... More  →
The Jane Austen Dating School: Pep Talk

Auntie SparkNotes: The Guide to Non-Awkward Slow Dancing

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 15, 2011
Dear Auntie, I have a question about prom (surprise, surprise!) So, apparently at prom, you DANCE with GUYS. And I, being the socially awkward person that I am, have no idea how to. Dance, I mean. Like, when you're slow dancing, do you put your head... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Guide to Non-Awkward Slow Dancing

The Secret to Higher Test Scores

Nowandforever136 knows you've got an A+ in you somewhere, and she's about to help you find it!—Sparkitors So a bunch of people probably clicked on this post, right? I’m sure everyone wants to know the secret to acing tests, so... More  →
The Secret to Higher Test Scores

The Manklers' Guide to Prom for Freshmen

Why do we like FatBoySake? Cause he wears XXXL confidence pants. –Sparkitors The annual junior/senior discarding of responsibility (and later in the night, of dignity) will soon be upon us. Yes, ladies and germs, I am talking about prom. Seeing as how this only... More  →
The Manklers' Guide to Prom for Freshmen

The Name of the Game? REJECTION!

littlemissmeera describes herself as the "queen of awkward." More like queen of AWESOME, are we right?!—Sparkitors In February, my school had its annual MORP dance (it's "prom" spelled backward—clever, right?) and I was super excited about asking as many guys as I could. Why?... More  →
The Name of the Game? REJECTION!