Skip over navigation

The Dos and Don'ts of Meeting Your Sibling's Significant Other

By ContributorJuly 15, 2010
This ed will put this guide to good use when she meets her twin's new BF. Thanks, romancingvulcans!—Sparkitors So your sibling refuses to shut up about his/her new significant other, and though you're happy s/he has found someone to love, you will punch a... More  →
The Dos and Don'ts of Meeting Your Sibling's Significant Other

A Day in the Life of an IB Kid

We suspect that IsobelR is one of those smart-and-socially-normal IB kids, but is too humble to admit it. —Sparkitors IB stands for International Baccalaureate (spelling it is the first test for getting into the program), and it is... More  →
A Day in the Life of an IB Kid

My Crush is a Singer

batman.completes.my.saturdays sure has good taste in men!— Sparkitors Sparklers, I’m shocked. Nay, I am astounded. The My Crush is... series has been going on forever, and we haven’t considered singers yet? Incredible. It's an error I aim... More  →
My Crush is a Singer

Auntie SparkNotes: A Minor Liar's Teeny Fire

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 15, 2010
Lying to your mom is bad. But freezing out your lying kid is worse. —Sparkitors Hi Auntie Sparknotes, I've always been terrified of disappointing my parents. I try so hard to be the perfect child, be a good example to the little siblings, etc, etc. But I... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: A Minor Liar's Teeny Fire

Five Reasons Despicable Me Rocks

By Rachel KorowitzJuly 15, 2010
I usually save all of my animation love for Pixar, but every now and then, I'm reminded that other studios can also do a butt-rocking job with feature-length cartoons. (See: The Emperor's New Groove. Awe. Some.) Right from the early moments of More  →
Five Reasons Despicable Me Rocks

How to Be Funny

Coffinmaker is on vacation this week, and reading Wuthering Heights on vacation is impossible, especially when you're climbing Kilimanjaro, like we've decided he is. However, Coffin was able to carve this post in a rock and toss it through our window here in... More  →
How to Be Funny

The Ellie Report: How to Shake Up a Party

This is the second installment of Ellielikespie's smashing new series, and we can't wait to see what comes next!— Sparkitors What do you think of when you hear the word “summer”? If you said “parties,” you're... More  →
The Ellie Report: How to Shake Up a Party

Open Thread for July 15

By Emily WinterJuly 15, 2010
Kiwiatheart says... I have King Quails among many birds in my avery and here is one of the mums and two of her chicks. They hatched yesterday, and now we have 8 of the most cutest chicks I have ever seen running... More  →
Open Thread for July 15

You Know You're a SparkAddict When...

By ContributorJuly 14, 2010
Sure, we've done a few posts on being addicted to SparkLife. But this one by kittysaysmrowww is just soooo good that we couldn't resist. Wait a minute...maybe we're addicted to addiction posts. Nah. Impossible. Now go fix us another Bam and Tonic, and stop... More  →
You Know You're a SparkAddict When...

How to Act If You're in a Horror Movie

By ContributorJuly 14, 2010
We're laughing so hard at thisistoomuch10's post that we can't hear you scream. —Sparkitors You are now in a horror movie. Congratulations. Inevitably, you're in either a group of attractive teenagers, or a group of strangers ranging in age and ethnicity (for maximum consumer... More  →
How to Act If You're in a Horror Movie