Skip over navigation

In the Future, Your Car Will Be Awesome

By Kia WoodDecember 9, 2009
Every year, the LA Auto Show displays some of the coolest cars that will make their debut in 2010. They also debut concept cars, which are wildly imaginative vehicle prototypes that some lucky jerk could be driving in the year 2051. For this year’s More  →
In the Future, Your Car Will Be Awesome

Auntie SparkNotes: Dialogue With Your Parental Units

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 9, 2009
Dear Auntie, I've never really had a "relationship" with my parents. I mean, they aren't separated or anything, I just don't know how I'm suppose to act, or whatever, around them. I always end up being silent and that's the norm now. I'm still a teenager,... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Dialogue With Your Parental Units

Blogging Lord of the Flies, Chapter 6: Beast from Air

By Jon_SkindzierDecember 8, 2009
"Beast from Water" earned its title from hapless Percival's suggestion that the monster comes out of the ocean. What terrifying revelations will "Beast from Air" hold? Pterodactyls? No, but read on anyway! Speaking of Percival, at no point in this novel has the kid been doing... More  →
Blogging Lord of the Flies, Chapter 6: Beast from Air

The Best Dance Moves on the Silver Screen

By Katie_RolnickDecember 8, 2009
Along with the endless loop of "Jingle Bells" playing at the mall, the holidays bring something we can all appreciate: lots and lots of movies. This Christmas Day, director Rob Marshall will try to replicate his foot-stomping Chicago success with the release of his... More  →
The Best Dance Moves on the Silver Screen

Rockin' Around the Christmas Twee

By ContributorDecember 8, 2009
Sparkler camip0p has become one of the ultimate sources for good music around here, so we were thrilled when she put together this post of fun, new holiday tunes! —SparkNotes editors Thanks to the wonders of the World Wide Web, I have found cool... More  →
Rockin' Around the Christmas Twee

One Last Semester with Your Older Sib at Home

By ContributorDecember 8, 2009
Sparkler SHOELACEx3 is a sophomore and her sister's a senior. They get along great, but no siblings are completely immune to occasional shouting matches, hair-pulling and stuff-stealing. (Right?) —SparkNotes editors As the semester comes to a close, many of us are reminded that our... More  →
One Last Semester with Your Older Sib at Home

Forgot to Study? Noooo Problem.

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 8, 2009
In the annals of Modern Academic Horror, there is nothing so brutal, so terrifying, so godforsakenly suck-tastic, as the Forgotten Quiz. And unless you are very, very lucky—or an obnoxious overachiever who completes assignments three weeks early—you will, before you graduate high school, have the... More  →
Forgot to Study? Noooo Problem. <span class='sponsor_tag'>(sponsored)</span>

The Four Types of High School Assemblies

By Jon_SkindzierDecember 8, 2009
School assemblies are like fortune cookies: At first, you have no idea which of life's great mysteries they'll answer, but then they just say something stupid, like "Life is nice." And much of the time, they make no sense at all. Either way, they're an alternative... More  →
The Four Types of High School Assemblies

Dagger University: Free Time, Loneliness, and Dementors

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 8, 2009
Dear Chelsea Dagger, I’ve been in college for a few months now, and I’m finding that I have a ton of free time, even with classes and homework. Sometimes it’s okay, but sometimes sitting around in my room looking at Facebook just makes me bored and... More  →
Dagger University: Free Time, Loneliness, and Dementors

The Diary of Ashley Spencer: Not Home Alone, Jay-Z-Inspired Christmas Jingles, and the Ketchup Feud

By Ashley SpencerDecember 8, 2009
During the holidays, you’re supposed to do family things together—things like chopping Christmas trees, shopping for presents, or if you’re in my family, pounding eggnog. And while some of those things can certainly be festive, nothing says family more than just being together at home in... More  →
The Diary of Ashley Spencer: Not Home Alone, Jay-Z-Inspired Christmas Jingles, and the Ketchup Feud