Skip over navigation

Harry Potter Spells and their Practical Use in Everyday Life

By ContributorAugust 31, 2010
We feel ya, too; we can think of a few spells we'd LOVE to use on a daily basis. —Sparkitors I know for a fact that I am not the only person on this planet who has wished for the ability... More  →
Harry Potter Spells and their Practical Use in Everyday Life

7 Things Never to Text Your Crush

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 31, 2010
Over the course of human history, texting has always been the preferred way for lovestruck young people to flirtatiously interact with their would-be crushes—dating all the way back to the days of early man, when teenage neanderthals sent text messages complimenting each other's mammoth-hunting skills,... More  →
7 Things Never to Text Your Crush

Diagnosing Your Bad Habits

By Jon_SkindzierAugust 31, 2010
Do you have any bad habits you've never quite been able to shake? What's that? No? Well then fine, Johnny Perfection, your bad habit is being unaware of your bad habits. The solution to your problem is to read this post. For everyone else: we're not... More  →
Diagnosing Your Bad Habits

How to Be Awesome: Music Edition

jgrudzy's so awesome that when she walks down the street, people lift her into the air and break into song and dance. We've seen it happen. —Sparkitors Music is an important part of your personality... and if you want your personality to be awesome,... More  →
How to Be Awesome: Music Edition

Kissing is So Overrated

eloquent_silence, you just might be onto something here. —Sparkitors

According to the dictionary, the definition of summer is: Usually the warmest season of the year, occurring between spring and autumn and constituting June, July, and August in... More  →
Kissing is So Overrated

Hanging with Your Ex: All the Fun, None of the Awkward

By Lucy HutchinsonAugust 31, 2010
"I think we should still be friends." "Yeah, I'd like that." This is possibly the most optimistic exchange of words since, "You know, I'm sure penguins could fly if they just got enough height." "You're right! I'll get the cherry picker!" If your breakup was mutual and didn't involve... More  →
Hanging with Your Ex: All the Fun, None of the Awkward

Open Thread for August 31

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 31, 2010
You know when you're vaguely creeped-out by something, but you can't stop laughing about it? Yeah, that's sort of what's happening to us right now, thanks to this photo submitted by beagle48644, who said: My sister likes to play with barbies.  And what makes... More  →
Open Thread for August 31

Better School Lock-in Activities

By Kathryn_WilliamsAugust 30, 2010
It seems if you've been to one school lock-in, you've been to them all: the eagle-eyed chaperones who are convinced this is the moment you've been waiting for to copulate; the kid who won't stop staring at you and licking his braces; the... More  →
Better School Lock-in Activities

QUIZINATOR: Too Legit To Quit aka The Long-Awaited Harry Potter Quiz FINALE

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 30, 2010
Chelsea Dagger and MC Hammer have a lot in common: they both have disturbingly fantastic taste in clothing (who doesn't love a good metallic pantaloon, are we right?), they've both been on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine (that is a blatant lie),... More  →
QUIZINATOR: Too Legit To Quit aka The Long-Awaited Harry Potter Quiz FINALE

Auntie SparkNotes: Creepy Stalker or Clueless Doink?

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 30, 2010
Don't get us started on Dumb and Dumber, Auntie. Wait, actually, get us started. Mock...YEAH! —Sparkitors Dear Auntie SparkNotes, I sent you an email awhile back about a boy at my work who was obviously crushing on me, and I wanted to know how to turn him... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Creepy Stalker or Clueless Doink?