Skip over navigation

10 Easy Ways to Get Beat Up

By Kia WoodMarch 18, 2010
Are you itching for a fight? Here are ten ways to get yourself punched in the face (or at least strongly reprimanded). 1. Driver a hummer. Those cars are like fist magnets. 2. Say to a girl who’s obviously in a bad mood, “are you PMSing?” 3. Flip... More  →
10 Easy Ways to Get Beat Up

Blogging Eclipse: Part 18

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 18, 2010
Chapter Eighteen: Instruction Better Title: Everyone Smells Edward carries Bella through the forest to the vampire/werewolf meeting, which is taking place in the clearing where the Cullen baseball games are played. Because if you're going to have a top secret monster meeting, it's best to do it... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 18

A Day in the Life of a Fine Arts School Girl

By ContributorMarch 18, 2010
Sparkler InSaNiTyIsHeRe has a pretty cool schedule. We would have loved to take theater and dance in high school! —SparkNotes editors I go to a Fine Arts school, where I focus on theater and dance. It's a lot of fun and very different from... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Fine Arts School Girl

Life Before Cell Phones

By Katie_RolnickMarch 18, 2010
We'll admit it: We're addicted to our cell phones. Texter, phone-number-keeper, web connector—today's cell phones are all that and much more. So how did people ever survive without them? Like this: Movie Theater Meeting Now: If you're looking for your friends, you text or call them and... More  →
Life Before Cell Phones

Tweets of the Distant Future

By Robert IsenbergMarch 18, 2010
What will the future bring? Androids and space travel? Grimy dystopian cities, full of cyber-crime and smog? Whatever happens, Twitterers will report on it in 140-character updates. Here are some messages we might read on our triquarters: ZOMG I <3 hoverboards!!!! Flying saucer parked me in. WTH?! Ril... More  →
Tweets of the Distant Future

Auntie SparkNotes: Past Acts of Honking Stupidity

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 18, 2010
Okay Auntie here it goes... Of course, this involves a boy on whom I have a crush. And he just so happens to be glancing at me constantly in APUSH and doing the whole look away immediately thing. On numerous occasions (all of which my best... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Past Acts of Honking Stupidity

How to Handle Mystery Texts

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 18, 2010
With so many cell phones in the world, it’s no wonder that every so often you receive a strange text message from someone you don’t know. Chances are it’s a wrong number. Simple as that. But what if it isn’t? What if the message is... More  →
How to Handle Mystery Texts

Rejected Yearbook Themes

By Kathryn_WilliamsMarch 18, 2010
Chelsea recently hacked into the National Prom Theme Database mainframe, prompting Sparklers everywhere to contemplate what color cummerbund to wear to a Bubonic Plague Prom (paisley, duh) and whether it would be appropriate to take a limo to Communism Prom (only... More  →
Rejected Yearbook Themes

Open Thread for March 18

By Emily WinterMarch 18, 2010
We love the e-mail we got with this pic from Sparkler MistySilvermace, so we decided to share it: Hi, this is MistySilvermace... I thought I'd contribute my photo of my two Burmese cats, Maya and Kiki- Kiki is the one with the freaky glowy... More  →
Open Thread for March 18

Signs You Might Have Spring Fever

By Katie_RolnickMarch 17, 2010
This Saturday is the vernal equinox, which is just a fancy way of saying the first day of spring. Wooo-hooo! We're desperate for longer, warmer days and real, actual sunlight. You might even say we have "spring fever." But how do you know... More  →
Signs You Might Have Spring Fever