Search Menu
Menu

Why You Should Hitch up Your Confidence Pants and Join the Speech Team!

By ContributorMarch 29, 2011
Talk about confidence pants! The only way we'd be more convinced, absurdwordnerd, is if you'd performed this post as a speech. –Sparkitors If you’re anything like me, the mere thought of presenting a class project sends you whimpering to the lonely confines of your... More  →
Why You Should Hitch up Your Confidence Pants and Join the Speech Team!

SparkStyle: These Suits Are Made For Swimmin'

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 29, 2011
With Spring Break happening now-ish and summertime coming soon, there's no time like the present to have a fashion-centric convo about swimsuits. I know: swimsuits? Midriff-baring, cellulite-exposing, wobbly-butt-showcasing swimsuits?!! AAAAAGH! Yes, the search for a flattering, fashionable maillot can be a source of serious shopping stress... More  →
SparkStyle: These Suits Are Made For Swimmin'

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 29, 2011
Who hasn't wanted to see Justin Beiber hit on the Queen of England? Okay, maybe all of you. But watch this! It's funny! (And a bit ... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 29, 2011
I just couldn't resist today's playlist (sent in by an anonymous Sparkler). I might just love it because of the title, "Good Looking Men with Guitars," but who could resist a title like that?! Jimmy Needham by "Firefly" Matt Nathanson by "Faster" Steve Moakler by More  →
Playlist of the Day

Confidence Pants Stories: Standing Ovation

We love this simple story by ArtotheEm because it reminds us that you don't have to do something life-changing to wear confidence pants! —Sparkitors My college has a relatively small, but still awesome theater program. This semester they put on a phenomenal production of... More  →
Confidence Pants Stories: Standing Ovation

Confidence Pants Stories: College Edition

By Rachel KorowitzMarch 29, 2011
This will probably shock and amaze you, but I'm probably maybe not the smartest person alive. I mean, I'm not in MENSA or anything, I still can't tell if a tomato is a fruit or a vegetable, and the only reason I know... More  →
Confidence Pants Stories: College Edition

The 5 Stages of College Rejection

travelwriter21 told us "this article has been written based on experience, sadly." BOO. Oh, but she also said "Not that come next year I'll be a hobo, traveling the mountains in search of ramen noodles—I've been accepted to plenty of colleges too." YAY!—Sparkitors... More  →
The 5 Stages of College Rejection

Confidence Pants Stories: Letting the Light Shine Through

PrestigiousTimeLady shares a heartbreaking story about her brother's battle against cancer, and tells how his amazing spirit inspires her every single day.—Sparkitors I used to be a shy, wallflower sort of kid—but my awe-inspiring older brother changed that for... More  →
Confidence Pants Stories: Letting the Light Shine Through

Confidence Pants Stories: Hittin' On Gingers

An anonymous Sparkler sent in this adorable post, and we just had to share it!—Sparkitors Much like Geeraff (who I happen to think is amazing), I have an extremely difficult time talking to guys. But one beautiful spring evening, I spotted a... More  →
Confidence Pants Stories: Hittin' On Gingers

Open Thread for March 29

By Chelsea DaggerMarch 29, 2011
Well HELLLLLOOOOOO, future boyfriend. An anonymous Sparkler sent this pic along with this email: This is the HOTTEST nerd I've ever seen in my life and I've decided that all Sparknotes people look like this. At least inside. I'm... More  →
Open Thread for March 29