Menu

An Interview with Writer Kimberly Derting

By Miss MarmMarch 16, 2011
Today's featured Dark Days author is Kimberly Derting, who's on Team Zombie! —Miss Marm When did you realize you wanted to be a writer? I’ve known that I wanted to write since I took journalism in the 7th grade. I figured out pretty... More  →
An Interview with Writer Kimberly Derting

Blogging Once Upon a Prom: Dream, Part 6

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 16, 2011
It's now four weeks, four days, seventeen hours, and twenty-eight minutes until prom. Tara is waiting for Nisha to sneak out of her house so the two of them can go to a party together, but Nisha is late (thirty-two minutes late, to be exact).... More  →
Blogging Once Upon a Prom: Dream, Part 6

What the Heck is A Game of Thrones, and Why Is It So Amazing?

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 16, 2011
You may have heard of it. Perhaps you saw the ad for the HBO series beginning next month. Maybe you spotted the dense books at the store, or read about the upcoming release of the long awaited fifth book... More  →
What the Heck is A Game of Thrones, and Why Is It So Amazing?

Unwhole: Chapter 20

By ContributorMarch 16, 2011
Last time we left off in Darklite808's book, Caleb had just attacked Kundo the demon, but can he beat him? —Sparkitors Just as Caleb brought the sword up for another swipe, Kundo screeched louder. Caleb screamed too; the sword dropped from his fingers as... More  →
Unwhole: Chapter 20

Auntie SparkNotes: It's My Prom And I'll Stay Home If I Want To

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 16, 2011
A Note to All Sparklers: By the time you read this, I will be on a beach somewhere in the Caribbean (yay!) which means no more columns until next week (sad face). Enjoy today's post, and I'll be back on Wednesday, March 23rd, with more... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: It's My Prom And I'll Stay Home If I Want To

Help this Sparkler with Her Business!

McGonagall62 is trying to sell a line of chic bracelets, and she needs your help! —Sparkitors Hello Sparklers, McGonagall62 here! I have recently started making a fabulous line of bracelets that are made of antique/vintage buttons. I would really, really love to market... More  →
Help this Sparkler with Her Business!

Phi Beta Dagger

By Chelsea DaggerMarch 16, 2011
BAHHHHHHHGGLLARGGHHH. That was the sound of Chelsea Dagger dying. Yes, dying. She has all kinds of allergies stuck up her half-eaten-hamburger-shaped nose (and she also just read The Maze Runner and was profoundly impacted by James Dashner's many absurd descriptions of nose shapes). Her giant... More  →
Phi Beta Dagger

How Not to Be a Promzilla

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 16, 2011
With prom around the corner, the excitement of would-be attendees is beginning to peak. Dresses are being purchased; hairstyles are being brainstormed; dates are being made! But beware: get too caught up in all things gown and glitter as you plan for the prom, and you may fi More  →
How Not to Be a Promzilla

Tips for Flyin’ Solo at Prom

rhymenocerous16 knows that you don't have to have a date to have the time of your life at prom! Preach, girl!—Sparkitors I’ve noticed that despite the vast collection of prom articles on SparkLife, none of them really... More  →
Tips for Flyin’ Solo at Prom

You Know You're From Cleveland, Ohio, When...

Ney_Ney92, you've got us convinced! Cleveland must rock! —Sparkitors Cleveland, Ohio, is often called The Mistake by the Lake. True, we're not perfect (just check out our sports teams), but I have lived in a suburb of Cleveland my entire life and am only... More  →
You Know You're From Cleveland, Ohio, When...