Skip over navigation
Prom

Committee of Cool: Adam Lambert

By Chelsea DaggerJune 22, 2010
Well, the general consensus on last week's Metro Station post was extremely helpful and musically relevant. It seems that A: some of you adore Ritz crackers, and rightly so; B: some of you loathe the buttery snack food with an inexplicable ferocity, and C: some... More  →
Committee of Cool: Adam Lambert

How to Make Everyone on an Airplane Hate You

By ContributorJune 22, 2010
hannahrama and EmCat24 might be the meanest Sparklers of all time. We hope we never have to fly with them! —Sparkitors First of all, here is a list of things you will need to bring: Glitter, printed-out copies of Blogging Twilight, food,... More  →
How to Make Everyone on an Airplane Hate You

Would Supernatural Creatures Make Good Friends?

By Robert IsenbergJune 22, 2010
Vampires PROS: They like to stay up all night. They're very mature and charming conversationalists. Lots of fun party tricks (turning into werewolves and bats). Usually attractive. Wear cool outfits. CONS: They are evil, undead monsters that drain the blood of the living. Also, sometimes they are... More  →
Would Supernatural Creatures Make Good Friends?

PlayList: Learning to Love Country Music

LondonCallsMe knows us well; we're darn scared of country music. But this might just be the playlist that gets us to listen!— Sparkitors I don't know what it's like for my fellow country music lovers, but where I live,... More  →
PlayList: Learning to Love Country Music

Movie Review: Toy Story 3

By Rachel KorowitzJune 22, 2010
In the interest of full disclosure, I should tell you right now that I'm a huge Pixar fan. I reveled in Ratatouille, I kvelled at Cars, and Monsters, Inc.? *dreamy sigh* As a studio, Pixar's mastered the process of taking a simple concept, turning it... More  →
Movie Review: Toy Story 3

What To Do When You Tell a Bad Joke

Hah. We've never told a bad joke in our lives. Sorry, Bookworm12297, looks like we won't be needing this post! *hides behind tree and reads furiously while taking extensive,... More  →

What To Do When You Tell a Bad Joke

Magical Professions for Every Aspiring Wizard

By kat_rosenfieldJune 22, 2010
Still waiting around for your Hogwarts acceptance letter to arrive? Awww. Hey, don't worry—we're sure your owl just got lost on the way. (They probably sent it via that winged doofus, Errol. When will they learn not to use him!) To pass the... More  →
Magical Professions for Every Aspiring Wizard

Auntie SparkNotes: Boundary-Setting 101

By kat_rosenfieldJune 22, 2010
How do you draw the line between being a friend and being a punching bag? —Sparkitors Dear Auntie, One of my closest friends suffers from schizophrenia and low self-esteem. He has his bad periods, which I think I've been very understanding about. I've known him for a... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Boundary-Setting 101

A N00b's Disney Adventure: Snow White

flunkybed recently started watching Disney movies for the very first time. This week, she reviews a classic. —Sparkitors

Disclaimer: This review is not going to be a good one. Crap does not deserve praise. Proceed at your own risk.

The... More  →

A N00b's Disney Adventure: Snow White

Open Thread for June 22

By Chelsea DaggerJune 22, 2010
We can't publicly condone the rearranging of bookstore shelves, but after reading this email, we will privately condone it any day... More  →
Open Thread for June 22