Search Menu
Menu

Playlist of the Day: What to Listen to Late at Night

By Jennifer GrudzieckiApril 18, 2011
Today's playlist was sent in by an anonymous Sparkler (who apparently likes to stay up late). Enjoy "Whip This Out at 3:o2 in the Morning." 1. "My Girls" by Animal Collective. 2. "My Boy Builds Coffins" by Florence + The Machine. 3. "Winter" by Tori... More  →
Playlist of the Day: What to Listen to Late at Night

Holding On: Chapter 5

By ContributorApril 18, 2011
In the last chapter, Alice (aka "Wonder") wanders into her long-empty backyard with Eric and Annie, and is over-taken by memories of the past.—Sparkitors “Um, Wonder, I said thanks. Can you give me the drumsticks?” A confused Eric is standing in front of me,... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 5

Ask Jono: Friends With... Not Benefits

By Jon_SkindzierApril 18, 2011
Dear Jono, I've got a bit of a sticky situation.  I like this guy at work, and he has told me he likes me back (yay!), but, despite the fact that he is eighteen and I am seventeen, he is not allowed to date due to... More  →
Ask Jono: Friends With... Not Benefits

10 Rules for Creating an Amazing Secret Handshake

By Lucy HutchinsonApril 18, 2011
Remember last Tuesday, when you shook hands with your friend Tiffany in the hall and were crushed by boredom? That was because you didn't have an Amazing Secret Handshake with which to brighten your day. Secret handshakes are easy to come up with—the only rule... More  →
10 Rules for Creating an Amazing Secret Handshake

Intern's Pick of the Day: Get Inspired!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiApril 18, 2011
Are you ready to be inspired? Are you ready to get dedicated? Are you ready to see Brad Pitt in a tunic and Mel Gibson in a skirt? I thought so. And so did jesusfreak823... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day: Get Inspired!

Open Thread for April 18

By Chelsea DaggerApril 18, 2011
grace_return7 sent us this pic, along with this explanation: These funny little men in bedazzled cowboy outfits and hats are Riders in the Sky, the very people who wrote and performed"Woody's Roundup" from Toy Story! My choir got to go to Nashville, TN for our... More  →
Open Thread for April 18

Open Thread for April 17

By EmmaApril 17, 2011
Oh, how we wish we woke up every morning to the sight of this doggie coming in for a kiss. MWAH! Thanks for the pic, rawrlove256! Send your smoochy pet pics to contribute@sparknotes.com.... More  →
Open Thread for April 17

Open Thread for April 16

By EmmaApril 16, 2011
We love seeing our name in coins.  We pretend we're getting paper, but getting pennies is more our speed. Send your pics to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for April 16

Is It OK to Read Kids' Books?

By Miss MarmApril 15, 2011
As someone who feels guilty about everything, including how guilty I'm always feeling, I relate to this Sparkler. Once upon a time, I was in love with the English language. To be more specific, I was in love with literature—so in love that I have become... More  →
Is It OK to Read Kids' Books?

SparkStyle: Spring Has Sprung

By kat_rosenfieldApril 15, 2011
Between the blooming daffodils, the light southern breeze, and the appearance of several dozen morbidly obese robins in the local park, I think it's safe to say that spring has arrived. And geez, it's about freakin' time. One more snowfall or sub-zero day, and I'd... More  →
SparkStyle: Spring Has Sprung